HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Weber vs Chara vs Karlsson

View Poll Results: Who is playing at the higher level right now?
Weber 37 14.12%
Chara 50 19.08%
Karlsson 175 66.79%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Not sure why this is a landslide for Karlsson.

He's played one more game than Chara and only has 2 more points, and he is not even in Chara's kingdom defensively.

I'd agree Karlsson is playing the best right now, since his defensive game has improved a bit. Chara has been good for the most part but has had his moments, but to say it's not even close is pretty obnoxious if you ask me.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:03 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

vCash: 500
He's been extremely good defensively this year.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:14 PM
KarlssonnSchultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
He's been extremely good defensively this year.
This. I don't understand why people can't fathom players improving defensively. It's the same thing with RNH, he's in a bit of a scoring slump but he's starting more in the defensive zone and playing way better defensively.

Karlsson is still putting up points while playing better defensively than last year. His stick work in the defensive zone is very impressive.. He's just not as physical as other defenseman but considering his size this is a given.

Over the last year and a half or over the last month, either way you slice it the answer is EK. With Spezza playing, it's Spezza and Karlsson doing everything. Without him it's just Karlsson. No defenseman in the league does as much for a team as Karlsson.

KarlssonnSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post

He's played one more game than Chara and only has 2 more points, and he is not even in Chara's kingdom defensively.

I'd agree Karlsson is playing the best right now, since his defensive game has improved a bit. Chara has been good for the most part but has had his moments, but to say it's not even close is pretty obnoxious if you ask me.
If it's Karlsson "by a bit", 100 people vote and agree, the poll is 100-0-0. That doesn't mean the players themselves are not close.

I've seen a bit of Weber and Chara (more of Chara than Weber, though). Karlsson has looked better from what I've seen. Points only tell so much. I'm not saying you haven't watched Karlsson, because I'm sure you have, in which case you'd see how EK is controlling the game this year. He is (literally) everywhere on the ice. He'll easily skate by a player, stick handle through another player, make a play yet still be the first one back to the defensive zone.

It's really hard to imagine a defenseman currently playing on Karlsson's level at this moment. He actually looks better than he did last year. He still has some holes in his game and he can actually get better.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:28 AM
bert

Quote:

You havent been watching the games just looking at stat lines. Karlsson has been much better then last year, he is controlling the entire game. Craig Button watches every game and he agree's.

I actually cannot believe how dominant he is playing right now, I dont think its sustainable but its easily the best I have ever seen him play. I havent seen a defenseman control a game like this in a long long time.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:34 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Karlsson AINEC. It's one of the reason Ottawa has 6 wins. He controls the game more than just points. He dictates where everyone on the ice should be, go, will go etc...

Btw, I am disappointed in his point totals, should have at least 11.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

A bit? Hes comparable to the best cover corner back in the nfl.

Karlssons game is still in flux and its trending upward. He's gonna be an elite two way player.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:36 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Karlsson, at this moment, is not only better than the 3, but he is one of the best players in the game today. If he stays status quo with his play, don’t be surprised to hear his name in the Hart discussion, along with a repeat Norris nomination. Karlsson is not just been playing great defensively (one bad game against the Pitts where he was battling the like the rest of the team), but he has been THE impact skater in all the games the Sens have played so far. Typically, he has been the top player from either team.

This year’s Karlsson > Last year’s Norris winner.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
jbeck5

Karlsson had 11 shots on goal tonight.

ELEVEN.

What other D has that skill to get that many shots off...ON NET!

Karlsson:

-1st in goals by defenseman. (Points will come. Others have been hot while karlsson has been just himself.)
-1st in takeaways in the entire league at any position.
-1st in shots in the entire league...AS A DEFENSEMAN. (next D is 44th)

And he's high up in a lot of other stats like 2nd in TOI in the entire league.Tied in 15th for plus minus(though there's a lot of ties right now).

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:02 PM
RedLeader

vCash: 700
Yea, with all the shot blocking going on it's really impressive for defencemen to have so many shots on net. On Detroit i would take him over the other two, he's an amazing talent.

RedLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:09 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
The Tree was happy.

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Charlsson?

MrFunnyWobbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:12 PM
joe89

Karlsson is gonna compete primarily with Pietrangelo this season for the Norris imo, not Chara or Weber.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Drydenwasthebest

I hate the Bruins.

I hate Chara.

Chara in a landslide. It is not only about points, it is about everything else he does on the ice. People actually shy away from whatever corner he is near when he is on the ice. He is far more imposing and physical than Weber, whom I love, and Karlsson whom I see as more one-dimensional.

I actually hate the fact I even bothered replying since it meant saying something positive about damned *********g Chara...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:28 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
3 Ottawa defensemen have played against tougher competition. He's 4th on his team which doesn't exactly scream defensive prowess.
Sure you could just look at advanced stats or you could watch the games to see who Karlsson/Methot are matched up against. And it's not Methot/Gonchar or Methot/Phillips. Only time Methot is paired up with someone else on 5 on 5 is the shift after a PP.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:42 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Karlsson is the undisputed best defenceman to ever play for his team. Weber is probably the best to ever play for his team, although there might be the occasional person who feels Suter was better. Chara is not the best defenceman to ever play for any of the teams he's played for.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Karlsson is the undisputed best defenceman to ever play for his team. Weber is probably the best to ever play for his team, although there might be the occasional person who feels Suter was better. Chara is not the best defenceman to ever play for any of the teams he's played for.
Karlsson wouldn't be if Orr, Shore and Bourque had played for Ottawa. Not sure about the point you're trying to make.

Karlsson has also become grossly overrated.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Oiled up*

Chara
Weber

Karlsson

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Karlsson wouldn't be if Orr, Shore and Bourque had played for Ottawa. Not sure about the point you're trying to make.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to him though, he basically called karlsson god in another thread. Karlsson is great offensively but overrated defensively.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:36 AM
Mainehockey33

Chara, he's always among the top defenseman in points while being physically intimidating and a rock defensively

Mainehockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
I wouldn't pay too much attention to him though, he basically called karlsson god in another thread. Karlsson is great offensively but overrated defensively.
I lol'd. Everybody on the main forum trashes Karlsson's defence. It's completely absurd.

People don't think he's good defensively because he's doesn't play like a traditional defencemen. He doesn't need size or power to win battles, he uses his speed and his stick. Watch the Carolina game and you'll see a perfect example of it.

Anyone who isn't picking Karlsson as the top defenceman right now is delusional.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:01 AM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
Chara
Weber

Karlsson
What about Schultz?

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:15 AM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
What about Schultz?
Schultz
RNH playing defense
Eberle playing defense

Charra
Karlson
Webber

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:17 AM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post

PK Subban

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:19 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

I'd take the two defensemen who know how to play defense. So not EK.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Fred Taylor
The Cyclone

The answer is Karlsson and will likely continue to be in the future. I've watched 3 Sens games this year and he's been the best player on the ice for either team in all of them.

Fred Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote