HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Grabovski Will Face Disciplinary Hearing [Reports say: No Suspension]

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 10:00 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Does a bite require blood? If a dog comes over and bites a child but does not break skin is that not still considered a bite? The answer is no, it's still a bite.
You have it a little confused here.

What happens if a child comes up to a dog and puts his arm in a chained dogs mouth and then pulls back against the dog while others are holding the dog down?

What a dumb thing for someone to do.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
02-10-2013, 10:00 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
I'd bite your arm if you tried to smoother me. Apparent;y there is no suspension for suffocating someone. It's only sad that Grabo didn't bite him harder. I lost a lot of respect for Gallagher, Prust and MaxPac last night. It was a cheap move to hold Grabo from behind when he was engaged with your goon Prust. But I guess your goons weren't winning any fights against fighters -- so they went after non-fighters. Gutless acts from a team down 6-0 and now they are trying to place blame on others after starting it.
I'm not gonna get into a huge debate because at the end of the day, there are arguments to be made on both sides and no one will change anyones opinion. But as much as you may have lost respect for a few of our players, I lost a lot of respect for Orr. The guy is a beast, and he decided to go after a 5'7 Gionta (when Bourque came to Gionta's defence). When you are that big and that tough you don't go after someone who isn't in the same league as you. So your comment of our goons weren't willing to fight, well, a) we have no "goons", only pests. and b) your heavyweight went after a 5'7 player, what does that make him?

Old
02-10-2013, 10:01 AM
leafspring*

Grabo needs to have his Italian food after the game.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:02 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
I'm not gonna get into a huge debate because at the end of the day, there are arguments to be made on both sides and no one will change anyones opinion. But as much as you may have lost respect for a few of our players, I lost a lot of respect for Orr. The guy is a beast, and he decided to go after a 5'7 Gionta (when Bourque came to Gionta's defence). When you are that big and that tough you don't go after someone who isn't in the same league as you. So your comment of our goons weren't willing to fight, well, a) we have no "goons", only pests. and b) your heavyweight went after a 5'7 player, what does that make him?
To be fair to our players, do the Habs have any players measuring over 5'7"?

Old
02-10-2013, 10:03 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
You have it a little confused here.

What happens if a child comes up to a dog and puts his arm in a chained dogs mouth and then pulls back against the dog while others are holding the dog down?

What a dumb thing for someone to do.
It's dumb but at the end of the day. If a dog bites a child, no matter the situation than the Dog is responsible. Countless animals were either put down or banned because of this. I agree circumstance can dictate/pre-meditate situations but that is not an excuse for the action. Grabo embarrassed himself and the team with that, and lost respect from me. Which is a shame since I think he a better player than to do something that bush league

Old
02-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Todd Skill

Grabbo did mention that Habs taste like chickens.

Old
leafspring*

Quote:
Gionta shouldn't have run REIMER last year. Everything he gets looks good on him imo.

Old
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE20 View Post
To be fair to our players, do the Habs have any players measuring over 5'7"?
Maybe not players but i'm pretty sure Michel Therrien is 6'+

Old
02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Have to somewhat agree with you here.

Leafs line-up has been changed and part of that is the Carlyle influence. I believe when he won the Cup with Anaheim his team had the most fights (or close to it).

I didn't think there was a need to Orr to swat the little gnats away, and let's face it the Habs were completely over matched physically by that line.

Perhaps frustration from both teams, the Leafs taking advantage and the Canadiens having no answer.

I'm not sure we'll see that line up when the Leafs have Lupul back and they get their 2 better defenders in Gunnarsson and Gardiner back. They're just making due with their depth guys right now.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
The guy is a beast, and he decided to go after a 5'7 Gionta (when Bourque came to Gionta's defence). When you are that big and that tough you don't go after someone who isn't in the same league as you. So your comment of our goons weren't willing to fight, well, a) we have no "goons", only pests. and b) your heavyweight went after a 5'7 player, what does that make him?
Didn't Gionta go after Orr because of his hit on Plekanec? What's Orr supposed to do?

Old
Pi

vCash: 100
All Grabo has to do is point to the video...it clearly shows him trying to use both his hands to get Pacioretty's forearm out of his mouth.

Also say that he couldn't breathe (I actually think that he couldn't breathe for a bit).

Case solved, he doesn't get suspended.

Old
TieClark

Quote:
It's dumb but at the end of the day. If a dog bites a child, no matter the situation than the Dog is responsible. Countless animals were either put down or banned because of this. I agree circumstance can dictate/pre-meditate situations but that is not an excuse for the action. Grabo embarrassed himself and the team with that, and lost respect from me. Which is a shame since I think he a better player than to do something that bush league
A dog would not be put down for biting a child that stuck it's arm in the dogs mouth while the dog is being held down...

It's absolutely ridiculous that a guy that puts his forearm in a players mouth while said player is going nuts trying to get at another player cries foul that he had teeth marks on his arm afterwards... and yet people are eating it right up

Old
02-10-2013, 10:07 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Didn't Gionta go after Orr because of his hit on Plekanec? What's Orr supposed to do?
Common sense, is a 5'7 "goalscorer" going to go after a 6'whatever enforcer?

Old
02-10-2013, 10:09 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Skill View Post
Grabbo did mention that Habs taste like chickens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
A dog would not be put down for biting a child that stuck it's arm in the dogs mouth while the dog is being held down...

It's absolutely ridiculous that a guy that puts his forearm in a players mouth while said player is going nuts trying to get at another player cries foul that he had teeth marks on his arm afterwards... and yet people are eating it right up
I wonder when Komarov has do the rookie dinner thing. All this talk of eating is making me hungry.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:09 AM
contour

Quote:
From last nights case, it's pretty clear from the Habs, yes. And i'm not just talking about Gionta.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Guy Boucher

He probably did bite him, but there's no indisputable evidence.

He won't be suspended (or shouldn't considering Burrows, etc).

Old
02-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Well Gionta skated over to Colton Orr after the attempted hit, what did he think was going to happen, a friendly exchange of pleasantries?

The refs would have broke that up in a minute, I highly doubt Colton was going to actually fight Gionta. Not his fault that ********* Bourque jumped in. Maybe Rene should have realized who he was engaging with, wouldn't have got greeted with Orr's fist.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Budsfan

Someone threw a stick at Orr, it was off camera but that's what set Orr off.

Old
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I do not agree with this, sorry. I have seen and heard far too many stories of this happening and other similar scenarios. The dog is ALWAYS at fault, why do you think there is a ban on pit bulls in ontario? Most pitbulls are harmless, but it's the ones that bite that ruin it for the rest

Old
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

What a ****in joke.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:13 AM
maple syrup

Quote:
Common sense for Pleks is to NOT take Orr's stick and throw it on the ice, of all players, he decides to piss off Orr? Common sense.

Old
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Deny it. Marks on the arm? Of course, he jammed his hand in my mouth, what do you expect? It's like punching someone in the mouth and then complaining that you have cuts on your hand

Old
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Well Gionta skated over to Colton Orr after the attempted hit, what did he think was going to happen, a friendly exchange of pleasantries?

What the heck would Gionta do to Orr? Bite Orr's ankle?
I highly doubt Orr fears Gionta

Old
02-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Guy Boucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Someone threw a stick at Orr, it was off camera but that's what set Orr off.
No Gionta grabbed Orr's stick out of his hand and threw it across the ice.

It's weird but years ago I was playing in a tournament in Montreal and someone did the exact same thing to me...Something is wrong with those Montrealers.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:15 AM
mikeo1

Quote:
The point is there was no bite. I thought they spoke English in Montreal?

Closed Thread