HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Has there been any discussion on this board about the Journale de Mtl article on the league's top talent evaluators that was published on Feb. 4? I don't have a subscription so was unable to read it.

I don't see Burakowsky lasting until the second round.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Has there been any discussion on this board about the Journale de Mtl article on the league's top talent evaluators that was published on Feb. 4? I don't have a subscription so was unable to read it.

I don't see Burakowsky lasting until the second round.
I didn't notice it.

What are your opinions on some of the more enigmatic euro players this year, like Pavel Buchnevich? Have you been able to watch him play?...

...has Timmins?

Old
02-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
De La Rose has shown a lot of great qualities that will make him an NHLer. IMO, he's a snap-shot away from being offensively dangerous. I don't know if that's something that can be developed. Max Pac seemed to really develop his shot before he really stuck in the top 6.

So maybe. I think he could be a good third line player as an expectation.
I agree with all this, he's someone I'd be thrilled to have in the system in any pick after the late 20's. The offensive upside is there, but we are pretty stacked on depth scorers - though I guess there's never too many.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
There is one player I would really like to see the Habs sign after his senior year at WMU a teammate of Mike Cichy and that's defenceman Dan DeKeyser.He's every bit as good as Justin Schultz and much much more.Bergevin & Dudley should be clearing Kaberle's contract off the Salary Cap to sign him.A great free agent signing for Bergevin as a rookie GM and another piece of the core group.At 6'3 and 200 lbs.he skates like the wind and would make everyone forget the Ryan McDonagh trade.He's that good.Signing DeKeyser along with Tinordi graduating from Hamilton within two years could give the Habs a great defence.
No way is DeKeyser anything close to Schultz, although to be fair they are very different players. DeKeyser has been rumored to be signing with the wings so I wouldn't count on him being a FA.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:00 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
No way is DeKeyser anything close to Schultz, although to be fair they are very different players. DeKeyser has been rumored to be signing with the wings so I wouldn't count on him being a FA.
Thanks Montreal,I knew he was signing with the Red Wings,their are differences in Schultz and DeKeyser and his intangibles are real good and he's a great leader both on ice and off,players feed off his confidence.It's highly unlikely we get Corey Perry either the Ducks aren't going to be smart enough to draft guys like them where they did then let them become stars to sign elsewhere. "Just kiddin".

Old
02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Reason #24923493 why I can't stand Sportsnet. Showing TWO Sarnia games after Galchenyuk is gone.

Oh well, at least we get to see Vail and Bozon...and some high end 2013 draft prospects in most of the games.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/pressroom/20...ups_announced/

February

Friday, Feb. 8, Halifax @ Moncton, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, and Pacific)

Friday, Feb. 15, Sarnia @ Windsor, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, and ONE)

Friday, Feb. 22, Kamloops @ Vancouver, 10:30 p.m. ET/7:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, and Pacific)

March

Friday, March 1, Moncton @ Rimouski, 7 p.m./4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, and Pacific)

Friday, March 8, London @ Sarnia, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, and Pacific)

Old
02-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Portland and Kelowna are playing tonight on Shaw Western Canada - 7:00 pm PST.

Should be a good one.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Bennett with an assist in his return, Dietz with a goal, Archambault with two assists and Kristo with a goal and an assist. Not a bad night for our prospects

Old
02-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Dietz scores again. #15 for him, matching his total from last year. He also added an assist and went +2. He's at -7 now.

On the negative side, Hudon now pointless in his last 4 games.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 02-08-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old
02-08-2013, 09:19 PM
That

Archambault has been playing fantastic the last two games. He picked up two goals last night and got a pair of assists tonight. I thought he scored one of the goals, it took a funny bounce and he was waving his stick like a mad man in front of the net, but it was given to Verrier. Archambault even went and celebrated by himself while all his teammates headed over too Verrier

Hudon has been awful the last couple games. Held pointless for 4 now. He ran into a hot goalie in one of the games, but he's been trying to do way too much. He's playing selfishly and carrying the puck too long. He's still been making some good plays defensively, but he has to make better decisions with the puck.

Dietz's three point night:

Last edited by That: 02-08-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old
02-09-2013, 02:23 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Archambault has been playing fantastic the last two games. He picked up two goals last night and got a pair of assists tonight. I thought he scored one of the goals, it took a funny bounce and he was waving his stick like a mad man in front of the net, but it was given to Verrier. Archambault even went and celebrated by himself while all his teammates headed over too Verrier

Hudon has been awful the last couple games. Held pointless for 4 now. He ran into a hot goalie in one of the games, but he's been trying to do way too much. He's playing selfishly and carrying the puck too long. He's still been making some good plays defensively, but he has to make better decisions with the puck.

Dietz's three point night:

Sucks to hear about Hudon. Good to hear about Archie though. I've only seen a bit of him. How would you describe his play?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Tyson

Darren Dietz

This kid is really emerging as a legitimate player from the 2011 draft. 6'1 207 LB RH Dman. Is this our next 5th round gem?
He scored 15 goals this year and is a +13 in his last 6 games.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:43 AM
coolasprICE

No nothing of this guy but awesome name.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:59 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched Bennett's return, he setup a goal on the PP but had a tough night in his own end as he misplayed a puck that lead to a breakaway goal which sealed the loss as it was late in the 3rd down a goal. Michigan has only 5 games left in the season before the playoffs, they are going to need much better goaltending if they are to have any hope of keeping their frozen four streak alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
This kid is really emerging as a legitimate player from the 2011 draft. 6'1 207 LB RH Dman. Is this our next 5th round gem?
He scored 15 goals this year and is a +13 in his last 6 games.
I've been impressed with him each time i've seen him since he was drafted. I'd like to see him get quicker but still think he's a legit D prospect for the Habs as he seems like he does most things well but also brings toughness to go with a big shot. Looking forward to seeing how he does at the Memorial Cup and next year in Hamilton.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:56 PM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Dietz & Thrower would make an awesome cop show.

Make that Thrower & Dietz.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:00 PM
That

At least someone in this organization won a fight tonight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Sucks to hear about Hudon. Good to hear about Archie though. I've only seen a bit of him. How would you describe his play?
Archambault is an enigma to say the least. One game he'll be a dynamic offensive threat that works hard in all areas of the ice and then the next he won't even try.

He's got crazy good hands, and despite being undersized he's built like a truck and protects the puck extremely well. He's primarily a goal scorer, he possesses a great shot and positions himself well in the offensive zone.

Archambault's biggest problem is his mentality. He's tends to be very selfish. He'll deke through an entire team and then go back for more, even if one of his team mates is in a good scoring position.

Lately, he hasn't been that selfish player, he's been distributing the puck well. As a result, he's been able to find open areas of the ice so he's been getting more chances offensively.

Last edited by That: 02-09-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old
02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:

That player.

But once again, Thrower is not really that big...

Old
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Prust won in case you missed the game.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:22 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Against Fraser?

We're definitely going to have to disagree about that one. That was a draw at best.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Against Fraser?

We're definitely going to have to disagree about that one. That was a draw at best.
Ok give Fraser a draw because he was fighting a more experienced guy, but Prust caught him with 3-4 good shots. Give the kid credit though for hanging in there.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:36 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
god he can't make the habs soon enough. has he really been sub par this year?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Some Euro I'd like to hear more about, Andre Burakovsky, Bogdan Yakimov, Robert Hagg, Artturi Lehkonen, Pavel Buchnevich and Gustav Possler... in fact, what the hell happened to him ?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:39 PM
bud12

Quote:
no

Old
02-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
No.

Hopefully the habs gamble with a 2nd round pick on some guy with limited skills, but a bruiser.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No.

Hopefully the habs gamble with a 2nd round pick on some guy with limited skills, but a bruiser.
We can get Orr type guy in the 4th-7th round. I'd prefer skilled (higher than 6' if possible) guys over guys that have 30 times more chances becoming Orr than Lucic.

Closed Thread