HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN.ca's Ice Chips : Gainey to call 3 from Hamilton after their season will be over

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2006, 06:33 PM
  #51
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocket
The way Perezhogin has been playing lately I just don’t see him being very effective in the playoff. Sometimes, he has a good game where he creates chances for himself and others. But most of the time, he is not good at anything, doesn't use his linemates, does not shot very often, does not play physical game, is liability defensively. Kostitsyn looks more ready than him and I think that’s because Perezhogin played in Russia last year. It impacted his game a little bit. He moves his feet in the offensive zone very well, but in our own end he looks lost.
Kostitsyn looks more ready? I very strongly disagree. I'd be surprised if Kostitsyn was in the NHl next year much less for the playoffs now.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 06:39 PM
  #52
TheRocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Kostitsyn looks more ready? I very strongly disagree. I'd be surprised if Kostitsyn was in the NHl next year much less for the playoffs now.
May be I should've said I like his game better Just curious what don't you like about his game? Do you think Perezhogin can do better than him in the playoff?

TheRocket is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 06:44 PM
  #53
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocket
May be I should've said I like his game better Just curious what don't you like about his game? Do you think Perezhogin can do better than him in the playoff?
Every criticism against Perezhogin can be used against Kostitsyn but it would be even more truthfull. He's not nearly as fast as well but I like the fact he steps it up when someone hurts him. IMO, Perezhogin's speed and combatitiveness( I dont think thats a word) will help him in the post-season but I dont know. Its easy to see why management is always reticent when it comes to young players and playoffs. Its more of a hope then anything on my part.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 06:50 PM
  #54
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Every criticism against Perezhogin can be used against Kostitsyn but it would be even more truthfull. He's not nearly as fast as well but I like the fact he steps it up when someone hurts him. IMO, Perezhogin's speed and combatitiveness( I dont think thats a word) will help him in the post-season but I dont know. Its easy to see why management is always reticent when it comes to young players and playoffs. Its more of a hope then anything on my part.
Will he use it? Cuz I haven't seen much of it this season.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 06:52 PM
  #55
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
I don't see why calling up Danis is even worth debating. You call guys up in the po's to extend your bench, and give some legit prospects some time around the big team. You always need an extra goalie in practice, when you have occasions when your reg. takes the day off. These guys aren't coming up to replace anyone unless things get desperate. AK will be expected to be on the team next year. Understanding the po process is part of th experience.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 07:05 PM
  #56
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak
That's pretty close to the definition of not making a difference though, isn't it?

As much as I'd like to be saying otherwise, I agree with Shabutie about Perezhogin's play. He just doesn't seem to be very noticeable at all. Like you could put a random player in his place and not see a difference.
I completely agree, however there are certain posters on this board who refuse to look at our prospects with an unbias view and therefore since Perezhogin had seven good games at the begining of the season he deserves a free ride for the rest of the season.

Empireshark is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 07:07 PM
  #57
TheRocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Every criticism against Perezhogin can be used against Kostitsyn but it would be even more truthfull. He's not nearly as fast as well but I like the fact he steps it up when someone hurts him. IMO, Perezhogin's speed and combatitiveness( I dont think thats a word) will help him in the post-season but I dont know. Its easy to see why management is always reticent when it comes to young players and playoffs. Its more of a hope then anything on my part.
I agree that Kostitsyn does not have the speed of Perezhogin. I was really sceptical about his future at some point during this season. But I really liked what I saw from him in several games he played. He impressed me in defensive part of the game. He reads the play really well and can break up some very good plays by opposition in neutral zone. Also, it can be debatable but in my opinion even with lower speed Kostitsyn creates an open ice much better than Perezhogin. In this area he reminds more and more about Kovalev who sometimes looks very lazy while skating but still manages to create scoring chances. Of course, at this point they are not comparable, but I just don’t see Perezhogin doing very well during playoff.

TheRocket is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 07:12 PM
  #58
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I comes down to Chipchura , Ferland and Danis for the last spot . Id say Danis would get the call .

Ferland has been injured for the last month or so, due back any day now but Ive heard that for over a week.

Danis, Cote and Kostitsyn is who I would expect.

montreal is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 07:28 PM
  #59
bjac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Why on earth would they call up Danis, it doesn't make any sense. You can only dress two goaltenders. What would Cote do, besides sit in the stands? Simpson is already the odd man out.
You would call up Danis incase Abby or Huet gets hurt. You can never have to many defensemen, especially in the playoffs. There will be alot of injuries.

bjac is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 07:38 PM
  #60
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,957
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Kostitsyn supposably has a great attitude as per Bob Gainey, but really... he has played far better in the NHL than the AHL. I read somewhere in the awards for the 2003 draft class and he won quickest release and hardest shot, thats impressive considering the entire draft. Now i believe he can put it together, i just feel Don Lever is a bone head. A VERY BAD COACH.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
  #61
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
HAAAA!

I hate Coté and besides, I don't see him playing in front of Streit and Simpson. Kostitsyn is a sure bet to come. Danis is NHL ready altought we have two good G. Lapierre is already in Montreal. The other could be Chipchura, that guy could take some experience. Locke maybe?!?! He finisend 1st in scoring for the Bulldogs this season... Ferland could be the other, but I would be kind of surprised because Lapierre is here.

Mtl6 is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 10:12 PM
  #62
akostitsyn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
I think that Ivanan is coming cause we'll be playing against the Sens and Chara owns him one.

akostitsyn is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 10:18 PM
  #63
ryanghg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
I'd love to see Kost in action.... as well as any new guys actually

ryanghg is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 11:12 PM
  #64
Taupy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6
HAAAA!

I hate Coté and besides, I don't see him playing in front of Streit and Simpson. Kostitsyn is a sure bet to come. Danis is NHL ready altought we have two good G. Lapierre is already in Montreal. The other could be Chipchura, that guy could take some experience. Locke maybe?!?! He finisend 1st in scoring for the Bulldogs this season... Ferland could be the other, but I would be kind of surprised because Lapierre is here.
What do you hate in Coté's game? You're the first I saw saying something like this about him. He was very solid everytime I've seen him play, but I haven't see him a lot of time in Hamilton (3-4 times).

Taupy is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 11:20 PM
  #65
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I don't see why calling up Danis is even worth debating. You call guys up in the po's to extend your bench, and give some legit prospects some time around the big team. You always need an extra goalie in practice, when you have occasions when your reg. takes the day off. These guys aren't coming up to replace anyone unless things get desperate. AK will be expected to be on the team next year. Understanding the po process is part of th experience.
right i tried to esay that but


plain as day

Toro is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 11:46 PM
  #66
GoHabsGO252006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
I doubt any of the guys will dress, but it's good for them to practice with the team and also lets BG evaluate them up close as to wether he thinks they will be able to make the team next year.

I see no problem with doing this, I think it's great, let them mingle and work their way in, get some experience aroudn the guys and prepare them for next year.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline  
Old
04-12-2006, 12:09 AM
  #67
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I am all for the call-ups, they will push for roster spots.
I sure hope Begin is back soon.
I think Zednik will explode come playoff time and for some reason I think that Perezhogin is going to have a break out playoff.

JMMR is offline  
Old
04-12-2006, 09:47 AM
  #68
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocket
I agree that Kostitsyn does not have the speed of Perezhogin. I was really sceptical about his future at some point during this season. But I really liked what I saw from him in several games he played. He impressed me in defensive part of the game. He reads the play really well and can break up some very good plays by opposition in neutral zone. Also, it can be debatable but in my opinion even with lower speed Kostitsyn creates an open ice much better than Perezhogin. In this area he reminds more and more about Kovalev who sometimes looks very lazy while skating but still manages to create scoring chances. Of course, at this point they are not comparable, but I just don’t see Perezhogin doing very well during playoff.
Kovalev is one of the best skaters in the league, he skates like Niedermayer, Fedorov and Malakhov. Theres really no comparison to be made with Kostitsyn in that regard. One of the first thing you notice when you're a fan of the opposing team, its how Kovalev can fly. He's much like Sundin in that regard, he doesnt seem to have a lot of footspeed, but he's fast.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
04-12-2006, 09:50 AM
  #69
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,641
vCash: 500
This isn't anything new. You call guys up so that they are practicing with the team everyday and can step right in if any injury happens.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
04-12-2006, 10:51 AM
  #70
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Why on earth would they call up Danis, it doesn't make any sense. You can only dress two goaltenders. What would Cote do, besides sit in the stands? Simpson is already the odd man out.
So they can continue to practice with the big club and be ready incase of an injury. Hamilton is going nowhere. Its better than having them sit on their couch, and then be needed if someone goes down. Hey you never know. I might even be tempted to call up more than 3 if roster size allows.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-12-2006, 11:05 AM
  #71
Mike The Wall
Registered User
 
Mike The Wall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Montreal Hockey Capital of The World
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50
Bob Gainey said he's planning on calling up three players from the Hamilton Bulldogs once they finish their season on Saturday. Maxime Lapierre is already with the team, but expect goaltender Yann Danis, defenceman Jean-Phillipe Cote and probably forward Andrei Kostitsyn, to join him as well

That is great I believe we might call up abit more as part of the practice squad

Mike The Wall is offline  
Old
04-12-2006, 03:27 PM
  #72
les3couleurs
Registered User
 
les3couleurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Comments on what some have said on this thread.

I agree with whoever said Plekanec is having trouble. I pointed it out after the game against Jersey. Unfortunately, there is no one to replace him in his role on the PK, as we've seen that Sundström simply doesn't care anymore.

Perezhogin vs Kostitsyn.
I vote Kostitsyn from what I've seen in Montreal this year. I have not seen either play in Hamilton except Kostitsyn for a couple of minutes on TV and from what I've heard none of the two have been that impressive with the Dogs. So I can only tell from the Habs games.

Although Kostitsyn was with the Habs for a short time, I was really impressed. While not as fast as Perezhogin, I found him to be a much better passer and a bit stronger on the puck. Kostitsyn seems to look more at what's going on in the play, whereas Perezhogin seems to have more of a tunnel vision ; he has one idea when he's with the puck and that's what he's gonna try regardless of what his teammates are doing.

I also thought he was good in his own zone, more intelligent overall. Perezhogin has a bad tendency to try and hook first, then remembers he can't - when he does - and the other player already has a step on him.

Perezhogin has looked one-dimensional to me, he's a scorer who right now isn't scoring. Kostitsyn from what I saw can give a bit more in all facets of the game, except speed.

I'd still be surprised if Kostitsyn took over Perezhogin's place in the lineup since he's been with the club for most of the year. Though if the chance arises, I think he might grab it.

As for calling extra players from Hamilton, I don't see the harm in it.

les3couleurs is offline  
Old
04-12-2006, 08:11 PM
  #73
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
What do you hate in Coté's game? You're the first I saw saying something like this about him. He was very solid everytime I've seen him play, but I haven't see him a lot of time in Hamilton (3-4 times).
I think he is overrated by medias because he was the only one called back this season. Everybody talks about Cote as being our best defenseman prospect! I mean, he may be the best one in Hamilton right now (maybe) or the most NHL ready, but I really don't he's a part of Montreal's future and not even in their plans for next year. Just wait until O'Byrne, Emelin and Kopikari come to Hamilton. Plus, with more experience, I think guys like Korneev, Benoit and Sanford would be better than him. He is just a short term thing for the habs, une police d'assurance for this season and since we acquired Simpson, I don't see any need for him in Montreal.

Mtl6 is offline  
Old
07-06-2006, 01:05 PM
  #74
InGaineyWeTrust*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Greece
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
ok, is this a joke, buddy

InGaineyWeTrust* is offline  
Old
07-06-2006, 01:27 PM
  #75
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in gainey we trust View Post
ok, is this a joke, buddy

this thread is over for like 3 months, why reopening it?

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.