HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN.ca's Ice Chips : Gainey to call 3 from Hamilton after their season will be over

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocket
The way Perezhogin has been playing lately I just don’t see him being very effective in the playoff. Sometimes, he has a good game where he creates chances for himself and others. But most of the time, he is not good at anything, doesn't use his linemates, does not shot very often, does not play physical game, is liability defensively. Kostitsyn looks more ready than him and I think that’s because Perezhogin played in Russia last year. It impacted his game a little bit. He moves his feet in the offensive zone very well, but in our own end he looks lost.
Kostitsyn looks more ready? I very strongly disagree. I'd be surprised if Kostitsyn was in the NHl next year much less for the playoffs now.

Old
04-11-2006, 06:39 PM
TheRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Kostitsyn looks more ready? I very strongly disagree. I'd be surprised if Kostitsyn was in the NHl next year much less for the playoffs now.
May be I should've said I like his game better Just curious what don't you like about his game? Do you think Perezhogin can do better than him in the playoff?

Old
04-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
May be I should've said I like his game better Just curious what don't you like about his game? Do you think Perezhogin can do better than him in the playoff?
Every criticism against Perezhogin can be used against Kostitsyn but it would be even more truthfull. He's not nearly as fast as well but I like the fact he steps it up when someone hurts him. IMO, Perezhogin's speed and combatitiveness( I dont think thats a word) will help him in the post-season but I dont know. Its easy to see why management is always reticent when it comes to young players and playoffs. Its more of a hope then anything on my part.

Old
04-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Every criticism against Perezhogin can be used against Kostitsyn but it would be even more truthfull. He's not nearly as fast as well but I like the fact he steps it up when someone hurts him. IMO, Perezhogin's speed and combatitiveness( I dont think thats a word) will help him in the post-season but I dont know. Its easy to see why management is always reticent when it comes to young players and playoffs. Its more of a hope then anything on my part.
Will he use it? Cuz I haven't seen much of it this season.

Old
04-11-2006, 06:52 PM
mcphee

I don't see why calling up Danis is even worth debating. You call guys up in the po's to extend your bench, and give some legit prospects some time around the big team. You always need an extra goalie in practice, when you have occasions when your reg. takes the day off. These guys aren't coming up to replace anyone unless things get desperate. AK will be expected to be on the team next year. Understanding the po process is part of th experience.

Old
04-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak
That's pretty close to the definition of not making a difference though, isn't it?

As much as I'd like to be saying otherwise, I agree with Shabutie about Perezhogin's play. He just doesn't seem to be very noticeable at all. Like you could put a random player in his place and not see a difference.
I completely agree, however there are certain posters on this board who refuse to look at our prospects with an unbias view and therefore since Perezhogin had seven good games at the begining of the season he deserves a free ride for the rest of the season.

Old
04-11-2006, 07:07 PM
TheRocket

Quote:
I agree that Kostitsyn does not have the speed of Perezhogin. I was really sceptical about his future at some point during this season. But I really liked what I saw from him in several games he played. He impressed me in defensive part of the game. He reads the play really well and can break up some very good plays by opposition in neutral zone. Also, it can be debatable but in my opinion even with lower speed Kostitsyn creates an open ice much better than Perezhogin. In this area he reminds more and more about Kovalev who sometimes looks very lazy while skating but still manages to create scoring chances. Of course, at this point they are not comparable, but I just don’t see Perezhogin doing very well during playoff.

Old
04-11-2006, 07:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I comes down to Chipchura , Ferland and Danis for the last spot . Id say Danis would get the call .

Ferland has been injured for the last month or so, due back any day now but Ive heard that for over a week.

Danis, Cote and Kostitsyn is who I would expect.

Old
04-11-2006, 07:28 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Why on earth would they call up Danis, it doesn't make any sense. You can only dress two goaltenders. What would Cote do, besides sit in the stands? Simpson is already the odd man out.
You would call up Danis incase Abby or Huet gets hurt. You can never have to many defensemen, especially in the playoffs. There will be alot of injuries.

Old
04-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Kostitsyn supposably has a great attitude as per Bob Gainey, but really... he has played far better in the NHL than the AHL. I read somewhere in the awards for the 2003 draft class and he won quickest release and hardest shot, thats impressive considering the entire draft. Now i believe he can put it together, i just feel Don Lever is a bone head. A VERY BAD COACH.

Old
04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Mtl6

HAAAA!

I hate Coté and besides, I don't see him playing in front of Streit and Simpson. Kostitsyn is a sure bet to come. Danis is NHL ready altought we have two good G. Lapierre is already in Montreal. The other could be Chipchura, that guy could take some experience. Locke maybe?!?! He finisend 1st in scoring for the Bulldogs this season... Ferland could be the other, but I would be kind of surprised because Lapierre is here.

Old
04-11-2006, 10:12 PM
akostitsyn

I think that Ivanan is coming cause we'll be playing against the Sens and Chara owns him one.

Old
04-11-2006, 10:18 PM
ryanghg

I'd love to see Kost in action.... as well as any new guys actually

Old
04-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6
HAAAA!

I hate Coté and besides, I don't see him playing in front of Streit and Simpson. Kostitsyn is a sure bet to come. Danis is NHL ready altought we have two good G. Lapierre is already in Montreal. The other could be Chipchura, that guy could take some experience. Locke maybe?!?! He finisend 1st in scoring for the Bulldogs this season... Ferland could be the other, but I would be kind of surprised because Lapierre is here.
What do you hate in Coté's game? You're the first I saw saying something like this about him. He was very solid everytime I've seen him play, but I haven't see him a lot of time in Hamilton (3-4 times).

Old
04-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I don't see why calling up Danis is even worth debating. You call guys up in the po's to extend your bench, and give some legit prospects some time around the big team. You always need an extra goalie in practice, when you have occasions when your reg. takes the day off. These guys aren't coming up to replace anyone unless things get desperate. AK will be expected to be on the team next year. Understanding the po process is part of th experience.
right i tried to esay that but

plain as day

Old
04-11-2006, 11:46 PM
GoHabsGO252006

I doubt any of the guys will dress, but it's good for them to practice with the team and also lets BG evaluate them up close as to wether he thinks they will be able to make the team next year.

I see no problem with doing this, I think it's great, let them mingle and work their way in, get some experience aroudn the guys and prepare them for next year.

Old
04-12-2006, 12:09 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I am all for the call-ups, they will push for roster spots.
I sure hope Begin is back soon.
I think Zednik will explode come playoff time and for some reason I think that Perezhogin is going to have a break out playoff.

Old
04-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
I agree that Kostitsyn does not have the speed of Perezhogin. I was really sceptical about his future at some point during this season. But I really liked what I saw from him in several games he played. He impressed me in defensive part of the game. He reads the play really well and can break up some very good plays by opposition in neutral zone. Also, it can be debatable but in my opinion even with lower speed Kostitsyn creates an open ice much better than Perezhogin. In this area he reminds more and more about Kovalev who sometimes looks very lazy while skating but still manages to create scoring chances. Of course, at this point they are not comparable, but I just don’t see Perezhogin doing very well during playoff.
Kovalev is one of the best skaters in the league, he skates like Niedermayer, Fedorov and Malakhov. Theres really no comparison to be made with Kostitsyn in that regard. One of the first thing you notice when you're a fan of the opposing team, its how Kovalev can fly. He's much like Sundin in that regard, he doesnt seem to have a lot of footspeed, but he's fast.

Old
04-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Tuggy

This isn't anything new. You call guys up so that they are practicing with the team everyday and can step right in if any injury happens.

Old
04-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Why on earth would they call up Danis, it doesn't make any sense. You can only dress two goaltenders. What would Cote do, besides sit in the stands? Simpson is already the odd man out.
So they can continue to practice with the big club and be ready incase of an injury. Hamilton is going nowhere. Its better than having them sit on their couch, and then be needed if someone goes down. Hey you never know. I might even be tempted to call up more than 3 if roster size allows.

Old
04-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50
Bob Gainey said he's planning on calling up three players from the Hamilton Bulldogs once they finish their season on Saturday. Maxime Lapierre is already with the team, but expect goaltender Yann Danis, defenceman Jean-Phillipe Cote and probably forward Andrei Kostitsyn, to join him as well

That is great I believe we might call up abit more as part of the practice squad

Old
04-12-2006, 03:27 PM
les3couleurs

Comments on what some have said on this thread.

I agree with whoever said Plekanec is having trouble. I pointed it out after the game against Jersey. Unfortunately, there is no one to replace him in his role on the PK, as we've seen that Sundström simply doesn't care anymore.

Perezhogin vs Kostitsyn.
I vote Kostitsyn from what I've seen in Montreal this year. I have not seen either play in Hamilton except Kostitsyn for a couple of minutes on TV and from what I've heard none of the two have been that impressive with the Dogs. So I can only tell from the Habs games.

Although Kostitsyn was with the Habs for a short time, I was really impressed. While not as fast as Perezhogin, I found him to be a much better passer and a bit stronger on the puck. Kostitsyn seems to look more at what's going on in the play, whereas Perezhogin seems to have more of a tunnel vision ; he has one idea when he's with the puck and that's what he's gonna try regardless of what his teammates are doing.

I also thought he was good in his own zone, more intelligent overall. Perezhogin has a bad tendency to try and hook first, then remembers he can't - when he does - and the other player already has a step on him.

Perezhogin has looked one-dimensional to me, he's a scorer who right now isn't scoring. Kostitsyn from what I saw can give a bit more in all facets of the game, except speed.

I'd still be surprised if Kostitsyn took over Perezhogin's place in the lineup since he's been with the club for most of the year. Though if the chance arises, I think he might grab it.

As for calling extra players from Hamilton, I don't see the harm in it.

Old
04-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
What do you hate in Coté's game? You're the first I saw saying something like this about him. He was very solid everytime I've seen him play, but I haven't see him a lot of time in Hamilton (3-4 times).
I think he is overrated by medias because he was the only one called back this season. Everybody talks about Cote as being our best defenseman prospect! I mean, he may be the best one in Hamilton right now (maybe) or the most NHL ready, but I really don't he's a part of Montreal's future and not even in their plans for next year. Just wait until O'Byrne, Emelin and Kopikari come to Hamilton. Plus, with more experience, I think guys like Korneev, Benoit and Sanford would be better than him. He is just a short term thing for the habs, une police d'assurance for this season and since we acquired Simpson, I don't see any need for him in Montreal.

Old
07-06-2006, 01:05 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

ok, is this a joke, buddy

Old
07-06-2006, 01:27 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by in gainey we trust View Post
ok, is this a joke, buddy

this thread is over for like 3 months, why reopening it?

Habs Prospects website
Closed Thread