Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 08:33 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
I predicted the horrible NHL night with my anti jinx, and I predicted that Denmark wouldn't qualify for the OG..

Im gonna stop predicting..
So it was more like anti -anti jinx

Old
02-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Justinov

Quote:
I predicted the horrible NHL night with my anti jinx, and I predicted that Denmark wouldn't qualify for the OG..

Im gonna stop predicting..
Dont bother stopping - you can't help yourself anyways
Remember "even a stopped clock shows the right time twice a day" -> eventually you will predict correctly if it's within reasonable limits.
Jinx is something that is a character trait.....whether you are positive or negative won't help a jinxed person
Even for a totally unlucky person it can all suddenly change.......

Who better to know that than Steven Bradbury...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_..._(speed_skater)
the most unlikely olympic champion ever. (It's really worth a read).
For years having constant bad luck..close to die for his sport he decided to have one last go in Salt Lake winter olympics 2002.........which made him suddenly the luckiest sport person of all time.

You can see here quarterfinal, semifinal and final snippets with dutch commentating (shouldn't be too much of a problem for a danish person).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=112CTYh05hY

So "doing a Bradbury" have become an australian way of saying when doing the impossible and never giving up!

I was lucky to see all the short track races live back then..unbelievable!

Last edited by Justinov: 02-09-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old
02-09-2013, 03:51 PM
matCH penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Montreal vs Toronto - Montreal OT win? (dont know where Eller will play).
I'm thinking regulation loss, actually. Reported lines at practice have the futile Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole second line in one piece and Eller between Moen and Armstrong on the fourth. I hope Lars gets time on the PP, that's a brutal combination. Armstrong's been pointless.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:58 PM
matCH penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
I'm thinking regulation loss, actually.
I hate being right.

It is indeed possible to stand out positively when your team is shutout and blown out at a home gong show. Eller was one of only five Montreal players not negative for the night. 5 hits, a few were massive. Good forechecking and defensive play, but those are innate traits of his that he'll bring every night. A few shots and 15 odd minutes of ice time, some of which was on the PP, and with proper linemates. Next to Gallagher, easily the best Montreal player on the ice IMO.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:28 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Not the best outing for Hansen, but still managed a +1 in a 5-1 win against the Flames.

Can't wait to visit this thread when Jensen makes his debut.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Justinov

Yeah it was again a very disappointing danish night...0 points. Sunday has no danes in action, so for Monday we have a new week and hopefully something better than this pretty catashrophic week for danish hockey.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:19 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
So it was more like anti -anti jinx
Exactly, haha

Quote:
Dont bother stopping - you can't help yourself anyways
Remember "even a stopped clock shows the right time twice a day" -> eventually you will predict correctly if it's within reasonable limits.
Jinx is something that is a character trait.....whether you are positive or negative won't help a jinxed person
Even for a totally unlucky person it can all suddenly change.......

Who better to know that than Steven Bradbury...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_..._(speed_skater)
the most unlikely olympic champion ever. (It's really worth a read).
For years having constant bad luck..close to die for his sport he decided to have one last go in Salt Lake winter olympics 2002.........which made him suddenly the luckiest sport person of all time.

You can see here quarterfinal, semifinal and final snippets with dutch commentating (shouldn't be too much of a problem for a danish person).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=112CTYh05hY

So "doing a Bradbury" have become an australian way of saying when doing the impossible and never giving up!

I was lucky to see all the short track races live back then..unbelievable!
Prolly not, but im gonna have to restrain myself.. This past week has been a horrible one for Danish Hockey

But what an awesome story that one Warms the heart

In other news..

Looks like Eller is once again "rewarded" with 4th line duties...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...s+eller&page=2

I just cannot understand what is going thru MT's head?

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 02-11-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old
02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Not the best outing for Hansen, but still managed a +1 in a 5-1 win against the Flames.

Can't wait to visit this thread when Jensen makes his debut.
I have high hopes for Jensen, but also big doubts! He has yet to prove himself with lesser teammates against top opposition.

Let's hope his Canadian Genes shine thru in the mentality department. Or maybe a mix of the danish humility and the hardnosed Canucks

Old
02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
I have high hopes for Jensen, but also big doubts! He has yet to prove himself with lesser teammates against top opposition.

Let's hope his Canadian Genes shine thru in the mentality department. Or maybe a mix of the danish humility and the hardnosed Canucks
I know what you mean, but remember last years training camp. The kid looked pretty close to ready and AV would not shut up about how good he is. And AV never talks about rookies like that.

A big offense first player that our coach loves.....drool...

Old
02-11-2013, 10:46 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
I know what you mean, but remember last years training camp. The kid looked pretty close to ready and AV would not shut up about how good he is. And AV never talks about rookies like that.

A big offense first player that our coach loves.....drool...
Definitely, Ive never seen AV so stoked about a prospect.. Looks good in terms of Jensen getting his Chance, something IMO Hodgson never got. I still regret us trading him.. Him and Jensen would have been Droooool. But a future line of Jensen/Kassian-Schroeder-Kassian/Jensen also makes me drool

I think he is defo ready, and his ceiling is high, so with proper linemates and trust from the organization he will pan out imo.

I think we might see that Jensen's game is very suited to the NA style.
I love how he scores so many different kind's of goals. Ugly and beautiful ones

Old
02-11-2013, 10:56 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Definitely, Ive never seen AV so stoked about a prospect.. Looks good in terms of Jensen getting his Chance, something IMO Hodgson never got. I still regret us trading him.. Him and Jensen would have been Droooool. But a future line of Jensen/Kassian-Schroeder-Kassian/Jensen also makes me drool

I think he is defo ready, and his ceiling is high, so with proper linemates and trust from the organization he will pan out imo.

I think we might see that Jensen's game is very suited to the NA style.
I love how he scores so many different kind's of goals. Ugly and beautiful ones
That is what I love about Jensen. All he does is score and score any way he can.

Imho, Jensen - xxxx - Kassian is a lot scarier then Jensen - Hodgson - xxxx

I still like Hodgson the player, but he is showing in Buffalo part of why he was traded. He is still very much lacking in the defensive aspect of the game. Even Schroeder is holding is own in the d zone and he's way smaller then Coho.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:04 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
That is what I love about Jensen. All he does is score and score any way he can.

Imho, Jensen - xxxx - Kassian is a lot scarier then Jensen - Hodgson - xxxx

I still like Hodgson the player, but he is showing in Buffalo part of why he was traded. He is still very much lacking in the defensive aspect of the game. Even Schroeder is holding is own in the d zone and he's way smaller then Coho.
Exactly Well your prolly right, but I just always had softspot for CH... But yeah, so far I really like what ive seen from Kassian ....

Yeah, ive been lurking the Sabres board to get an idea, and they seem to have the same opinion as you. I really really like Schroeder.

I guess im harsh on Jensen after the failed danish OG qual.. But tbf he was not to blame, and did show flashes of brilliance, and exellent plays that his teammates weren't able to connect or finish.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Exactly Well your prolly right, but I just always had softspot for CH... But yeah, so far I really like what ive seen from Kassian ....

Yeah, ive been lurking the Sabres board to get an idea, and they seem to have the same opinion as you. I really really like Schroeder.

I guess im harsh on Jensen after the failed danish OG qual.. But tbf he was not to blame, and did show flashes of brilliance, and exellent plays that his teammates weren't able to connect or finish.
I'm really hoping at the very least Jensen can practice with the team whenever his season ends.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:42 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
I'm really hoping at the very least Jensen can practice with the team whenever his season ends.
You & me both.. AIK going to the PO's is a long shot, so all we can do is hope AV wants him over

Old
02-11-2013, 01:07 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
You & me both.. AIK going to the PO's is a long shot, so all we can do is hope AV wants him over
If he's got at least a portion of the kind of work ethic Hansen has, he'll be great.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:18 PM
andersej

Quote:
If he's got at least a portion of the kind of work ethic Hansen has, he'll be great.
Jensen is a bigger talent for sure and a pure goal scorer, but not many players have the same work ethic as Hansen, so I'll reserve judgment on that one. They really are two very different players and shouldn't be compared to each other based on nationality alone...

IMHO, Jensen was a huge disappointment in the OGQ. His decision making was slow and even though he played 'with blinders on' he didn't shoot the puck very often. Now, pretty much every player on the team was disappointing, so I don't want to single out Jensen in that respect. Also, rumour has it, Jensen was nagged by injury.

I also think Jensen is the kind of player who raises his game with better linemates. When he doesn't trust his linemates to be at least at his own level, he tries to do too much himself and it hardly ever works. Give him a good setup guy and tell him to just focus on getting open and shoot, I think he could be a really good player in the NHL. Still, he does display some worrying traits that I hope can be - and must be - fixed if he wants to have success in the NHL.

Last edited by andersej: 02-12-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old
02-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Justinov

Frans Nielsen scored his first NHL goal last night, but was -3 (!!) in a 6-4 loss. Frans' line must be having some problems lately. He had now 2* -2 games and one -3. Very unusual for being Frans Nielsen and having -5 statistics.
Bødker had no points last night, but Phoenix won 3-2 in OT. His line is doing OK defensively with +3 statistics overall so far.

Edit: The NYI-Carolina game was pretty extraordinary. NYI scored on four out of 7 PP and had 4 succesfull PK, but let in 5 even-strength goals (and an empty netter). So NYI have great special teams, but truly sucks 5-vs-5. From what I could see from the highlights - Di Pietro looks like any movement up and down from the ice takes him ages. Whether the loss was more to bad luck than his goaltending(?); he surely doesn't look physically able to be a NHL goalie?!

Last edited by Justinov: 02-12-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old
02-12-2013, 11:26 AM
andersej

Quote:
Frans Nielsen scored his first NHL goal last night, but was -3 (!!) in a 6-4 loss. Frans' line must be having some problems lately. He had now 2* -2 games and one -3. Very unusual for being Frans Nielsen and having -5 statistics.
No Selke consideration for Nielsen this sesaon if he - and DiPietro - keep playing like this...

Old
02-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
No Selke consideration for Nielsen this sesaon if he - and DiPietro - keep playing like this...
Even if Frans Nielsen played his normally great defence, he never produces enough points to win a Selke. At least 20-25 goals and min. 60 points is probably what is needed (in a normal season).
Though Selke is nominally for best defensive forward it's in reality "best offensive forward that also plays good defence".

Last edited by Justinov: 02-12-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old
02-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Bank

Offensively it's shaping up to be a quite nice season though. Judging by ppg the Danes are continuing to progress with some explainable exceptions. Even though all kinds of arguments can be made for numbers being higher than usual this season - it's to be noted that no Danes is yet to catch a hot streak.

2011/2012 vs. 2013:

Frans Nielsen: .57 < .75
Mikkel Bødker: .29 < .62
Jannik Hansen: .48 < .55
Lars Eller: .35 > .33
Peter Regin: .40(10 games) > .17
Philip Larsen: .20 > .14(Close to 50 % of the games)

Three guys on a pace for 48+ point in a normal season isnt' to bad. Frans Nielsen is usually over but other than that nobody has gone above .5 pgg. At the moment we have three above.

The resurrection of morale has begun!

Old
02-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Bank

Oh and Larsen's in so four Danes out there tonight - Unless there's news I haven't heard.

Going with three wins and two points. Don't ask me where, don't ask me how. Just make it happen

EDIT: Larsen's in for Oleksiak. So much for the size-theory...

Old
02-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Offensively it's shaping up to be a quite nice season though. Judging by ppg the Danes are continuing to progress with some explainable exceptions. Even though all kinds of arguments can be made for numbers being higher than usual this season - it's to be noted that no Danes is yet to catch a hot streak.

2011/2012 vs. 2013:

Frans Nielsen: .57 < .75
Mikkel Bødker: .29 < .62
Jannik Hansen: .48 < .55
Lars Eller: .35 > .33
Peter Regin: .40(10 games) > .17
Philip Larsen: .20 > .14(Close to 50 % of the games)

Three guys on a pace for 48+ point in a normal season isnt' to bad. Frans Nielsen is usually over but other than that nobody has gone above .5 pgg. At the moment we have three above.

The resurrection of morale has begun!
Yeah well our NHL players don't have to worry about missing the olympics because of injury any more...so bring out the fight!
Point production is good for Nielsen, Bødker and Hansen....its goals that are really lacking!

Old
02-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Bank

Quote:
Yeah well our NHL players don't have to worry about missing the olympics because of injury any more...so bring out the fight!
Point production is good for Nielsen, Bødker and Hansen....its goals that are really lacking!
Well Bødkers' gpg is actually up Yep the goals are missing. But i'll rely on hot streak or two to fix that. Seems to happen every year

But if that one didn't bite how about this one... Hansen, Nielsen and Bødker are all getting more ice time than last year. That's good news! And with minimal decrease to Philip Larsen(about 30 seconds) and 2-3 minutes for Lars Eller and Regin(Who were out most of last year anyway - so just having him back is a step forward) Bødker's increase alone almost makes up for this...

Hansen is up 2:14, Frans Nielsen 1:42, Bødker 6:23... How about that to cheer you up?

Disclaimer: These stats basically means nothing but none the less...

Old
02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Well Bødkers' gpg is actually up Yep the goals are missing. But i'll rely on hot streak or two to fix that. Seems to happen every year

But if that one didn't bite how about this one... Hansen, Nielsen and Bødker are all getting more ice time than last year. That's good news! And with minimal decrease to Philip Larsen(about 30 seconds) and 2-3 minutes for Lars Eller and Regin(Who were out most of last year anyway - so just having him back is a step forward) Bødker's increase alone almost makes up for this...

Hansen is up 2:14, Frans Nielsen 1:42, Bødker 6:23... How about that to cheer you up?

Disclaimer: These stats basically means nothing but none the less...
More icetime is always a good thing...more time to collect points on better lines.
But I'm hoping for a streak...most likely Bødker might hit it or Hansen as he has done sometimes (but often it's because he is moved up to 1'st line with the Sedins).
Frans is streaking with assists with the occasional goal and that is perfectly ok by me!
Eller need some good linesmen again to produce.
Larsen needs some PP time.
Regin needs to get back into shape.....then he will get more chance to produce (if he reaches form before he is demoted to AHL).

Old
02-12-2013, 01:44 PM
AndyPipkin

Hansen has been playing great this year. He's been on the ice for the most even strength goals for the Canucks(Tied with Henrik with 9).

Closed Thread