HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eklund reporting Shanahan in Montreal...

Old
07-06-2006, 11:43 AM
CrazyShea

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Don't you remember what he said in the playoffs against us? He was like "my biggest dream is to take the Habs out of the playoffs. I hate them!"
He would have better luck taking the habs out of the playoffs if he were with the habs then if he stayed in boston.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:52 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
As Borat just mentioned and also like that whole thread from last week, Bergeron would never sign here in Montreal, he hates the team and was a Nords fan from what I understand.
So, who has he cheered for since he's been 10 years old ?

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:53 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
So, who has he cheered for since he's been 10 years old ?
The 29 other teams.

Actually, he won the Cup every year!

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:56 AM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Don't you remember what he said in the playoffs against us? He was like "my biggest dream is to take the Habs out of the playoffs. I hate them!"
I must have missed that, do you have a link somewhere with the original quote ?

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:00 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1 View Post
I must have missed that, do you have a link somewhere with the original quote ?
No, it was from the announcers on CBC so I don't have it in print.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Classless Goon
-_-

REPORT: According to various serious sources, Eklund would in fact be an idiot(e4)!!!

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:05 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
How missleading is the title really with Eklund in the title? What is the percentage of signatures/trades that he gets right? Odds are his odds are just as bad or perhaps slightly better than if you or i started our own blog with rumours....

look at it that way and the title is just as relevent as "I'm reporting Shanahan in Montreal..."
He got a ton this year. Including Elias to NJ. So please....stop spreading your bs.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:08 PM
MM425

I'll say it once, I'll say it again: Bite the bullet and overpay for Shanny.

He gives the Habs the perfect compliment to all their young players

* prays habs get rid of Ribiero*

Kovalev- Koivu - Higgins
Ryder - Plecky - Shanny
Zednik - Bonk - Perez
Murray - Begin - ???

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:08 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheLeafsGoal View Post
REPORT: According to various serious sources, Eklund would in fact be an idiot(e4)!!!
Shouldnt this be an (E5)

Old
07-06-2006, 12:09 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The 29 other teams.

Actually, he won the Cup every year!

You can't cheer for the Avs and the Wings, can you ?

I know some ex-Nords fans that became Avs fans.

I know one ex-Nords fan that became a Wings fan because they were the enemies of the Avs that stole his Nords.

I even know some ex-Nords fans that ended Habs fans after a couple years.

But you just can't cheer for every other team.

Old
07-06-2006, 12:09 PM
greatlakeshab

First of all I know the odds of Bergeron signing here is remote but it would be funny to force them into paying him a big salary to not lose him. Boston just spent a lot of money on some FA and they expect to have a competitive team. They won't go anywhere without Bergy on the first line so go for it Bob choke them Bruins like you used to do in the 70's

If for some unfortunate reason we did get him then package Bergy and Souray for a real top notch center like Lecav, or Richards would be the best.

Plus just the talk of signing or offering a contract to Bergy seems to annoy Bruins fans If they want to get even they can try to steal Ribeiro for $4.75 for 6 years that would teach Gainey for messing with the Bruins as he accept the future draft picks

greatlakeshab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:12 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakeshab View Post
If for some unfortunate reason we did get him then package Bergy and Souray for a real top notch center like Lecav, or Richards would be the best.
If Bergeron becomes a Hab, he'll be paid almost as much as Lecavalier or Richards. Why would the Lightining trade for him ?

Except that point, this whole story sounds like something that could happen.

Old
07-06-2006, 12:14 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
He got a ton this year. Including Elias to NJ. So please....stop spreading your bs.
How is it BS? Create your own blog and make up rumours randomly...even a monkey would get some right once in a while
Keep rolling the dice and your bound to guess the number eventually

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:16 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
How is it BS? Create your own blog and make up rumours randomly...even a monkey would get some right once in a while
I agree and eklund "when right" is always second to someone. The best guy this offseason has been the hadley guy.

Old
07-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
He does'nt make them randomly. He make logical and predictable guests (like Elias to NJ).

His amazingly poor % of succes and the reports about his real identity make it clear that he dones'nt have any inside infos.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
HAPPY HOUR

I also heard that Shanahan was seen in the Joe Louis Arena wearing a red jersey and red pants last winter. I have a feeling that I will hear that rumor again in the future.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:35 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
He does'nt make them randomly. He make logical and predictable guests (like Elias to NJ).

His amazingly poor % of succes and the reports about his real identity make it clear that he dones'nt have any inside infos.
Who are all those guys posting on his blog site?
why did JR use his site to post his letter?
Why did the reay Bob Mckenzie vouche for him on this board no later then last week?

Old
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post

I have to admit I do go to his site (kinda obvious...how else would I have posted this thread in the first place) but its because I find it entertaining....and i guess i'm part of the problem because after all if there was no visitors it wouldnt exist

Old
jcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
I'll say it once, I'll say it again: Bite the bullet and overpay for Shanny.

He gives the Habs the perfect compliment to all their young players

* prays habs get rid of Ribiero*

Kovalev- Koivu - Higgins
Ryder - Plecky - Shanny
Zednik - Bonk - Perez
Murray - Begin - ???

I would also like Shanahan in a Habs uniform. However, he alone does not address our need of a second line centre. How about using Zednik + to aquire Lang and we end up with something like this:

Kostitsyn - Koivu - Ryder
Shanahan - Lang - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Higgins
Begin - Bonk - Murray

You could swap Higgins with Kostitsyn if you want. To me, that would be a great lineup.

jcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:37 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Who are all those guys posting on his blog site?
why did JR use his site to post his letter?
Why did the reay Bob Mckenzie vouche for him on this board no later then last week?
Over time he's gartered enough media attention that he's actually been able to make some "real" contacts...put in the "real" contacts and the "fake" contacts and you have someone that's just as random as anyone else...and I know he has "fake" contacts because he's put up a rumour I made up before

Old
07-06-2006, 12:37 PM
greatlakeshab

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
If Bergeron becomes a Hab, he'll be paid almost as much as Lecavalier or Richards. Why would the Lightining trade for him ?

Except that point, this whole story sounds like something that could happen.
The Lightning package Bergeron with Kuba to Chicago for Bell, Vandameer, and 2nd in 07. Bergeron arrives in Chicago and says he wants traded back to Boston . Tallon says shut up you your going to Vancouver for Brookbank and Kessler. Bergeron arrives in Vancouver and accepts what life has dealt him so he says he's happy to play for Vancouver. Nonis says I don't want you but I suckered Boston into trading Montreal's and Boston's 1st in 07, plus Toivonen, and Kessel.

I know this is just fantasy since MOC is no longer GM but if he was he would try to spite Gainey by showing him he got Bergy back

greatlakeshab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:38 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Over time he's gartered enough media attention that he's actually been able to make some "real" contacts...put in the "real" contacts and the "fake" contacts and you have someone that's just as random as anyone else...and I know he has "fake" contacts because he's put up a rumour I made up before
Same here. Put one up that I completely made up. Word for word too.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I would also like Shanahan in a Habs uniform. However, he alone does not address our need of a second line centre. How about using Zednik + to aquire Lang and we end up with something like this:
Moving Zednik for Lang would give the Wings the cap space needed to keep Shanny. And the Habs would not have 5M for Shanny if they take on Lang.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:40 PM
znk

Quote:
If he was a fraud...then why would McKenzie even bother posting stuff like that and be associated with him?? Give me one good reason for Mckenzie to do that other then knowing he's the real deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMckenzie View Post
Everyone is free to have whatever opinion they want to have of Eklund, or anyone else for that matter, including myself, but if there are people suggesting he fabricated being at the Stanley Cup final as an accredited media member, I can tell you that he was there and accredited. He was in Carolina, he was in Edmonton. I saw him, I talked to him, quite a nice fellow.

Funny story. Sitting around having the media meal before a game in Carolina. An Edmonton radio guy was talking about stuff in general and then started to talk about "that guy who posts rumors on a website" and took a few shots at him even though he couldn't remember his name. Two people at the table knew who the radio guy was talking about -- me and Eklund. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to embarrass him. At first, Eklund didn't say anything, then he said to the radio guy very nicely, "the guy you're talking about is called Eklund and that's me." He and the radio guy actually shared a few laughs and Eklund handled the situation quite well, I thought.

Like I said, you can like him, you can dislike, you can take his stuff as gospel or you can take it as b.s., that's up to you. But he is what he is and, I don't think he tries to be anything else. As a side note, I found him to be much better plugged in during the lockout than he is now, but I can also tell you I go to his site every day because he has good people blogging there. If you want a great daily report on the Flyers, for example, or the Italian soccer team Panaccio's blog is must read. Anyway, I find his site useful, for whatever that is worth and he seems to be a pretty decent fellow, for whatever that is worth.

Old
07-06-2006, 12:43 PM
jcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej View Post
Moving Zednik for Lang would give the Wings the cap space needed to keep Shanny. And the Habs would not have 5M for Shanny if they take on Lang.
If you move Zednik and Abiescher for Lang + a pick - we would actually save a bit of cap space I think. (it would be pretty even anyways). As well, this would leave the Wings with about the same amount of room under the cap and have no bearing on their negotiations with Shanahan.

jcrow is offline   Reply With Quote