HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Clarke MacArthur

Old
02-10-2013, 11:46 AM
12345*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
I'd be surprised if they don't try Lupul - JVR - Kessel like they talked about in the off season..

JVR has been great for us.. working well on any line he's been on.
Why would the Leafs take Bozak away from Kessel - its just going to set Bozak's confidence back?

Its crazy that people just mess around with "names" and not consider chemistry and player development.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:50 AM
kihei

vCash: 1220
Here's what one Columbus poster had to say about Savard, who has just been sent down to Springfield with loud applause from the good people of Ohio:
Quote:
I didn't think it was possible for him to skate even slower.
Still a 3rd and a 5th from Columbus would have to be weighed against where that 2nd from a contender might fall, which would almost surely be mid- to, more likely, late in the 2nd round. Not terrible by any means, but I'd wait and see as MacArthur could appeal to a fair number of teams with a bit of a hole to fill at left wing.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:53 AM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Why would the Leafs take Bozak away from Kessel - its just going to set Bozak's confidence back?

Its crazy that people just mess around with "names" and not consider chemistry and player development.

you really think Leafs care about Bozak long term at 1C? He's never going to be a long term solution for anything more then maybe a 3rd line center... if he's our 1C into the future I don't like the future for this team.

JVR and Lupul both have chemistry with Kessel and could be a long term top line with what we have... why not at least try it? Lupul and Kessel are self explanatory.. JVR and Kessel have played well together since being put together.

if Bozak is that fragile to be moved away from Kessel then he's become a burden. Players can always adapt and if they can't they're going to struggle to play an important role on the team.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:56 AM
kihei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
I'd trade Mac + a depth D for a 17-23 ranked 1st.

All contenders will be looking for more D near the playoffs, especially with the schedule being so rigorous and the inevitable injuries that arise.

We have A TON of defenseman lol.
We do have a lot of defensemen, but in a draft as deep as this one, don't you think teams will be hanging on to their first draft picks rather than trading them for the likes of MacArthur and a disposable D?

As to Bozak, it strikes me that he is improving every year. I'm no longer hot to trade him. I can see him being an asset down the line, and potentially a first rate 3rd line centre.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:03 PM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
As to Bozak, it strikes me that he is improving every year. I'm no longer hot to trade him. I can see him being an asset down the line, and potentially a first rate 3rd line centre.

dont get me wrong, for now Bozak is solid and works as 1C but it doesn't change the fact that 1C is the biggest need for this team.

I'm open to dealing him because what we need to do is fill in his position.

we need a big 2 way Center that can carry his weight on the top line.

as of right now MacArthur is the most movable piece we have. He just doesn't fit anymore.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:13 PM
kihei

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
dont get me wrong, for now Bozak is solid and works as 1C but it doesn't change the fact that 1C is the biggest need for this team.

I'm open to dealing him because what we need to do is fill in his position.

we need a big 2 way Center that can carry his weight on the top line.

as of right now MacArthur is the most movable piece we have. He just doesn't fit anymore.
Agreed a 1C is our biggest need, and if Bozak was part of a package for a legitimate 1C, as opposed to say somebody's project, potential 1C, I would trade him, too. Realistically, whatever it took to trade for a 1C would entail a lot of assets beyond Bozak, though, which could defeat the purpose. Those guys just don't become available very often for obvious reasons. We just might have to draft one. And I agree that in our suddenly crowded top six, MacArthur is definitely odd man out.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:15 PM
bobermay

To Minnesota
Clarke MacArthur
Mike Komisarek - 1 mil in salary
3rd round pick 2014

To Toronto
Zack Phillips
Conditional 2013 1st round pick (If Minnesota doesn't make the playoffs this season, its a 2014 1st rounder)

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:16 PM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Agreed a 1C is our biggest need, and if Bozak was part of a package for a legitimate 1C, as opposed to say somebody's project, potential 1C, I would trade him, too. Realistically, whatever it took to trade for a 1C would entail a lot of assets beyond Bozak, though, which could defeat the purpose. Those guys just don't become available very often for obvious reasons. We just might have to draft one. And I agree that in our suddenly crowded top six, MacArthur is definitely odd man out.

He's not even fitting in without Lupul.. so I figure by the deadline he'll be gone.

JVR and Komarov are taking all those minutes and looking good in their roles.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:17 PM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

I'd be happy with a decent second round pick. He's a good depth player with a good amount of grit and offensive finish, but with the young guys stepping up and a looming Lupul return, it has to be done I think.

KingBuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:19 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Last year Brian Burke was offered a first round pick for MacArthur. Let's hope Dave Nonis gets the same offer this year.
I think he should have taken this at the time. I like Clarke but the Leafs have a good set of wingers and a 1st would have been nice. Especially with guys like Finn going in the second -- it would have been good value.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
Probably a pick, hopefully a 2nd.
I'd offer a 2nd and a lower tier prospect. I think he could be a cheap but effective pickup for the Pens.

02-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Last year Brian Burke was offered a first round pick for MacArthur. Let's hope Dave Nonis gets the same offer this year.
It's possible, but I don't really see him fetching a 1st in this years draft. It's suppose to be a very deep forward draft.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:51 AM
bobermay

If Versteeg got a 1st and a 3rd, I think it is reasonable to expect MacArthur could fetch more than just a mid-late second round pick.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Dark Knight
Let's go Blue Jays!

He's a solid player but one that I've never really been a fan of.

I soured on him because he would always take meaningless, and costly penalties but he has controlled that this season. He's rounding out our top 9 well and has displayed very good chemistry with Kadri and Frattin on our third line. The line is defensively responsible and can score as well.

I don't think its in our best interest to trade him, but if we're out of the playoffs come trade deadline he'll definitely be available and will help a contender.

A 2nd + 4th is an ideal return for him. Same thing that Nik Antropov got.

02-12-2013, 09:54 AM
The Caveman
snowbozie

To Nashville for Michael Latta, or a second rounder, would be fair.

The Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Dark Knight
Let's go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caveman View Post
To Nashville for Michael Latta, or a second rounder, would be fair.
Yeah. Value is fine! Timing to trade him from our end is not quite right, though.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote