Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 08:41 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I'd like Horvat, but TSN has him at 17 for their mid-season rankings and with any luck the B's will be picking later than that.

Rychel has good chemistry with Koko and is supposedly one of those players that will do whatever it takes. Chia's kind of kid?
Rychel will never see the Bruins- guys like him who are considered both skilled and gritty are a good bet to go above draft slot.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:52 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
There are posters here that see Griffith regularly, and can comment on this better than I can, but from what I have seen/heard one of the big question marks about Griffith is his speed/separation at the next level (more than his size).

MSL has speed to burn, so I don't think this is the best comparison?
haven't seen enough of griffith to give a full report, but he reminds me of kyle wellwood a bit. but less skilled, better compete and less fat

Old
02-10-2013, 11:02 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Koko is seeming to have benefited from playing in the KHL. He is just on a tear in Windsor. This bodes well for his development. I am also becoming more excited by the potential of Camara. While I do not see him being an offensive threat, he does have the making of a solid third line guy.
Some exciting stuff with our prospects!

Old
02-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
Koko is seeming to have benefited from playing in the KHL. He is just on a tear in Windsor. This bodes well for his development. I am also becoming more excited by the potential of Camara. While I do not see him being an offensive threat, he does have the making of a solid third line guy.
Some exciting stuff with our prospects!
it's too bad he couldn't play in the AHL this year. He's a man playing against boys in Windsor.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:19 AM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
it's too bad he couldn't play in the AHL this year. He's a man playing against boys in Windsor.
Pretty much a GPG clip in Windsor.

Excited to see what Koko, Spooner, Knight, Griffith and Camara can do in the A next year.

We're going to have a lot of young firepower down there compared to in recent years.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:20 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
A goal per game since he came back from the WJC.

Wouldn't mind seeing him get a peek in Boston (when will the season wrap up for them?). He's got the wheels, physical game and a nose for the net (particularly on the PP) that could be worth watching for a game or three in Boston.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:22 AM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
A goal per game since he came back from the WJC.

Wouldn't mind seeing him get a peek in Boston. He's got the wheels, physical game and a nose for the net (particularly on the PP) that could be worth watching for a game or three in Boston.
Cant play in Boston until the Windsor season is done. And with the arrival of Koko, Rychel has been gearing up for the playoffs most likely in an effort to help his sons draft stock.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
Cant play in Boston until the Windsor season is done. And with the arrival of Koko, Rychel has been gearing up for the playoffs most likely in an effort to help his sons draft stock.
Can't play in Boston period this season. It's the AHL or golf once the OHL season is done.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:35 AM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Can't play in Boston period this season. It's the AHL or golf once the OHL season is done.
What is the rule that prevents this? Age related? Contract?

Couldn't he theoretically be an emergency call-up if the Bruins had like 10 injuries?

Old
02-10-2013, 11:35 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Where's the fun in that!

Old
02-10-2013, 11:41 AM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
How come Mark Stone was eligible to play in the playoffs in Ottawa in the playoffs last year? 19 year old drafted out of the WHL, what's the difference in the rule for Khokhlachev? Just curious.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 02-10-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old
02-10-2013, 11:45 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
which isn't a bad thing. Baby B's look playoff bound this year so we may get an extended look at some of our young guys and they can get a taste for playing against men.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
What is the rule that prevents this? Age related? Contract?

Couldn't he theoretically be an emergency call-up if the Bruins had like 10 injuries?
He could on an emergency basis. Don't know the number of injuries required under the new CBA that would be required, but would also depend on if Providence is playing, where they are playing in relationship to where Boston is playing (ie is Windsor closer) and then it's only for 1 game until they could bring someone else in.

Last time a junior was recalled on emergency basis was by the Flames 3 seasons ago. I can't think of any other time before that.

And yes, it's age related

Old
02-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
How come Mark Stone was eligible to play in the playoffs in Ottawa in the playoffs last year? 19 year old drafted out of the WHL, what's the difference in the rule for Khokhlachev? Just curious.
Was Binghampton's playoff over and was he on Ottawa's final roster? If the answer is yes to both there's your answer.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:05 PM
agreen23

Out of all the junior prospects, who do you think will crack the lineup for the PB playoffs?

I bet Camara, Koko, Griffith and even Payne will get regular season games but I wont be shocked if we see just Koko in the playoffs.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:16 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Was Binghampton's playoff over and was he on Ottawa's final roster? If the answer is yes to both there's your answer.
I see, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
Out of all the junior prospects, who do you think will crack the lineup for the PB playoffs?

I bet Camara, Koko, Griffith and even Payne will get regular season games but I wont be shocked if we see just Koko in the playoffs.
Camara, Griffith, Payne and Subban play on the four OHL division leaders so their OHL teams might all go deeper than Providence. I don't know the Providence roster well enough to know what kind of roles they would be trusted with but I can't imagine they would be big roles in the playoffs if they don't get regular season games first.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:21 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
He could on an emergency basis. Don't know the number of injuries required under the new CBA that would be required, but would also depend on if Providence is playing, where they are playing in relationship to where Boston is playing (ie is Windsor closer) and then it's only for 1 game until they could bring someone else in.

Last time a junior was recalled on emergency basis was by the Flames 3 seasons ago. I can't think of any other time before that.

And yes, it's age related
Did the Flames do it too? I thought it was Kings with Schenn but that was also over 3 years ago too. Don't know if there has been one since and didn't know it could only be for a 1 game.

There has to be more to it than age since the NHL can keep 18 year olds to start the season. I figured you had the exact rule ready for us .

Must be something like - If a junior player under age X is sent back to their junior team he may only be recalled on an emergency basis in that same season.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:22 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
Did the Flames do it too? I thought it was Kings with Schenn but that was also over 3 years ago too. Don't know if there has been one since and didn't know it could only be for a 1 game.

There has to be more to it than age since the NHL can keep 18 year olds to start the season. I figured you had the exact rule ready for us .

Must be something like - If a junior player under age X is sent back to their junior team he may only be recalled on an emergency basis in that same season.
Flames had Bartschi up last year. I'd rather not be in a situation where the Bruins need an emergency recall because it means a lot of injuries.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:31 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Not that I think he will or should play but, this sounds like he could in theory play, if the timeline worked out so that his team and Providence was done & he was placed on the final roster in time.

Any idea of when the roster needs to be finalized and requirements for getting on it?

Would he already have to be in Providence to be placed on it or could he still be active in junior and be placed on it?

I would think with the later NHL season end this year that there is more possibility around the league of junior players getting games in at the end of this year.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:36 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Flames had Bartschi up last year. I'd rather not be in a situation where the Bruins need an emergency recall because it means a lot of injuries.
I knew that but for some dumb reason was thinking it was after his juniors were done, but he was sent back after 5 games. So emergency can be more than 1 game.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
I see, thanks.

Camara, Griffith, Payne and Subban play on the four OHL division leaders so their OHL teams might all go deeper than Providence. I don't know the Providence roster well enough to know what kind of roles they would be trusted with but I can't imagine they would be big roles in the playoffs if they don't get regular season games first.
Camara, Griffith and Payne aren't signed by Bruins yet, and Bruins are at 48 contracts already so can only sign 2 of them which would mean no deadline deal acquisition for picks/prospects.

Camara has to be signed by June 1 of this year or he re-enters the draft. Payne and Griffith have one more year to sign ELC. So I am pretty sure they'd have to sign an AHL deal to play for Providence

Old
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM
kman22

Quote:
Camara, Griffith and Payne aren't signed by Bruins yet, and Bruins are at 48 contracts already so can only sign 2 of them which would mean no deadline deal acquisition for picks/prospects.

Camara has to be signed by June 1 of this year or he re-enters the draft. Payne and Griffith have one more year to sign ELC. So I am pretty sure they'd have to sign an AHL deal to play for Providence
I think in terms of future cap space, any deadline deal would ideally include a contract or two going in the other direction. That 48 doesn't include Pandolfo, who could be signed any day now. Camara seems like a certainty to sign by June 1st.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:32 PM
bruinsfan46

Payne was scoreless, Griffith with an assist, Camara with a goal, Khokhlachev with an assist and Subban allowed four goals on 36 shots in 6-4 victory over Ottawa. Windsor loses 3-1 to Kingston, they needs to get hot to make the playoffs, seven points back with ~15 games left and Saginaw is playing well right now. Khokhlachev could be in Providence as early as mid March (last Windsor game is the 17th). Old man Rychel can't be too happy with his team right now after his deadline decisions. Sucks losing Koekkoek for the year after just two games.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:45 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

No doubt they'll lock up Camara as soon as they can. I imagine we'll also lose prospects at the deadline as well which will open up more spots.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:40 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
No doubt they'll lock up Camara as soon as they can. I imagine we'll also lose prospects at the deadline as well which will open up more spots.
Last year or the year before when Chia got near 50 contracts, he made a couple of AHL deals and ended up giving up 4 for 2 (I think it was?). Won't be surprised if that happened again this season. I would be surprised if the B's don't sign the three aforementioned prospects.

Closed Thread