HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles and Oilers talking deal.

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 12:18 PM
FunkyChicken

vCash: 500
Can't see a Whitney - Visnovsky move because of economics. Visnovsky make $3M this year but has a $5.6M cap hit...to a budget team that's gold. Whereas Whitney makes $5.5M this year but has a cap hit of $4M...not so good for a budget team.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:19 PM
TOML

Similarly-constructed teams. Don't make good trading partners.

TOML

Old
02-10-2013, 12:21 PM
birddog*

It's possible but Eklund said it was going to go down yesterday if it happened. he also said it would be a game changer. Not so sure it will amount to be a game changer. If it was it would have to involve a core player and that doesn't look plausible given the makeup of the 2 teams.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:27 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Similarly-constructed teams. Don't make good trading partners.

TOML
Agree. Unless the deal involved just swapping prospects or 4th line guys I donęt really see these two as good trading partners. Isles need size, grit and goalscoring and the Oilers don't really have that available.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:32 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyChicken View Post
Can't see a Whitney - Visnovsky move because of economics. Visnovsky make $3M this year but has a $5.6M cap hit...to a budget team that's gold. Whereas Whitney makes $5.5M this year but has a cap hit of $4M...not so good for a budget team.
I don't see Snow interested in that exchange, even if Edmonton ate a little salary.
Vis is healthier and more likely to put up pts.

Vis played 20 mins last night, allowing Streit/Hamonic/MacDonald to play a reasonable 18-25 mins. There have been games those three played 27-29 mins.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:34 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
On HF, for everybody but Oil fans, Hemsky and Gagner have no value, and one might as well put:

To EDM:
Okposo- NYI fans has stated that management wants to move him
Nino-Asked for a trade
2nd/3rd what would be fair.
To NYI
nothing of value
That is why HF fans are not GMs because they don't know much. Hemsky's only problem was he was injured and now he is fully healed. Gagner has averaged a point a game until last game and is only 23 and has put up 231 points in 377 games. If EDM had a bigger number 1C then Gagner would not be a problem.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:36 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
It's possible but Eklund said it was going to go down yesterday if it happened. he also said it would be a game changer. Not so sure it will amount to be a game changer. If it was it would have to involve a core player and that doesn't look plausible given the makeup of the 2 teams.
Isles have played twice since Eklund posted this major trade rumor on Thurs.
All the NYI key guys played in both games.

Reasoner, Finley and Boulton were healthy scratches last night.

For a gm who's supposedly working on a major trade, Snow doesn't seem concerned with possible injuries, that could nix the deal.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:37 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
That is why HF fans are not GMs because they don't know much. Hemsky's only problem was he was injured and now he is fully healed. Gagner has averaged a point a game until last game and is only 23 and has put up 231 points in 377 games. If EDM had a bigger number 1C then Gagner would not be a problem.
HF.. also the place where a gms comments and actions, carry less weight then fan opinion.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:51 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
That is why HF fans are not GMs because they don't know much ...
HF fans of other teams know their GMs have no interest in Hemsky or Gagner, which makes any HF trade proposal involving them a non-starter. The chance of Snow being interested in Hemsky and his contract is a snowball's chance.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:14 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
HF fans of other teams know their GMs have no interest in Hemsky or Gagner, which makes any HF trade proposal involving them a non-starter. The chance of Snow being interested in Hemsky and his contract is a snowball's chance.
His contract? I suggest you look at Hemsky's CapGeek and then the Islanders' CapGeek before posting.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
His contract? I suggest you look at Hemsky's CapGeek and then the Islanders' CapGeek before posting.
What does it matter if the isles have cap space, when Wang has a set a tight budget and just as important, Snow says he wants to build around his homegrown, cheap youngsters. Snow says he's sticking with his youth movement.

Is it really difficult to understand, that Snow is not giving up significant assets for 1 and 1/2 yrs of Hemsky who makes $5m per?.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:29 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
I suggest you read a lot about the NYI approach before posting in a thread involving them

Old
02-10-2013, 01:49 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
My guess is its something like Whitney+Martindale+4th for Vishnovsky/Streit+Reasoner. Vishnovsky is a UFA next season and has no desire to stay in NY from what I've heard, so thats taken into account when looking at value.
Embarrassed to be a Oiler fan with this offer, VV is a better option then Reasoner and Vishovsky does not fit the mold of D the Oilers are looking for.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:06 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Visnovsky politely and quietly requested a trade out of Edmonton, he apparently wasn't happy here. Doubt the Oilers would trade back for him knowing that.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
I'm not really a fan of Streit, he helps the PP a lot and generates offense, but he's pretty bad defensively. The Isles need to trade for a right-handed defenseman to play with Visnovsky. MacDonald and Hamonic play together against the top lines and I never want to see Streit and Visnovsky to play on 5 on 5 together. So one of them would have to play on the 3rd pairing, which Streit played yesterday.

Amac-Hamonic
Visnovsky-Petry
Strait-Carkner/Hickey
Mhmm I wouldn't say anyone on our d is untouchable except schultz atm, but petry has been disappointing imo, and our vets on d havent been showing up either. So maybe 4th + Streit for Petry and 3rd? idk not really good at this whole value thing haha. 1 thing i know though Whitney is most likely gone next year.... so if you're interested

Old
02-10-2013, 02:24 PM
CREW99AW

One of our fans posted on the NYI board, that the game changer has fallen apart.

https://twitter.com/Eklund
Hockey Buzz Eklund‏@Eklund
New blog coming up.. It appears whatever was being discussed between Isles/Oilers may have fallen apart..for now..but clues are intriguing

Old
02-10-2013, 02:26 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
Mhmm I wouldn't say anyone on our d is untouchable except schultz atm, but petry has been disappointing imo, and our vets on d havent been showing up either. So maybe 4th + Streit for Petry and 3rd? idk not really good at this whole value thing haha. 1 thing i know though Whitney is most likely gone next year.... so if you're interested
Petry hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been great either, but Streit hasn't been the greatest either, and you only get him for 1yr. One word, BRUTAL.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Petry hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been great either, but Streit hasn't been the greatest either, and you only get him for 1yr. One word, BRUTAL.
Yeah its clear i didn't see the contractual issues in the deal haha.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
One of our fans posted on the NYI board, that the game changer has fallen apart.

https://twitter.com/Eklund
Hockey Buzz Eklund‏@Eklund
New blog coming up.. It appears whatever was being discussed between Isles/Oilers may have fallen apart..for now..but clues are intriguing
He's just trying to backtrack now... lol

Old
02-10-2013, 02:45 PM
seafoam
#Sharks2014

vCash: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
He's just trying to backtrack now... lol
Maybe, but what are Eklund's benefits of reporting something totally made up right after he nailed the Thomas trade and gained a pinch of creditbility?

Garth doesn't get fleeced in deals and if he doesn't get what he wants exactly, he won't pull the trigger.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:58 PM
avsfansince95

eklund is an idiot nothing he says is worth giving a second look

Old
02-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Maybe, but what are Eklund's benefits of reporting something totally made up right after he nailed the Thomas trade and gained a pinch of creditbility?

Garth doesn't get fleeced in deals and if he doesn't get what he wants exactly, he won't pull the trigger.
hits to his site for inreased value to advertsing? After landing the Thomas trade a lot of people would scope out another NYI rumor...the fact it contains the Oilers doesn't hurt the hit count either.

As long as he can back out with dignity he has no loss and only gains. People will give him credit as he was right about Thomas.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:49 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

So there is no Reasoner for a 5th? I guess Tambo would only give up a 6th and the talks broke down. Too bad, the deal would have changed the balance of power in the NHL. Damn shame.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:41 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
So there is no Reasoner for a 5th? I guess Tambo would only give up a 6th and the talks broke down. Too bad, the deal would have changed the balance of power in the NHL. Damn shame.
I don't think Tambo would give up a 7th for Reasoner, he's not blind.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:47 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
I don't think Tambo would give up a 7th for Reasoner, he's not blind.
I knew it was Tambo's fault. Way to scuttle a deal man.

Closed Thread