HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Do you think this coukd work??MTL/DET proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2006, 09:56 AM
  #1
FTowwn
Registered User
 
FTowwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Do you think this coukd work??MTL/DET proposal

to Detroit:
David Aebischer
Jonathan Ferland

to Montreal:
Robert Lang
Valteri Filpula

reasoning- Detroit gets the number one goalie they need, and a prospect who should be in the nhl but the Canadiens have to much depth for him.
Montreal gets a scoring second line center that will put up points with kovalev, and they also get a future second line center in Filpula to balance out the trade. Filpula should be in the nhl next year too.

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 09:58 AM
  #2
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by filly_canadiens View Post
to Detroit:
David Aebischer
Jonathan Ferland

to Montreal:
Robert Lang
Valteri Filpula

reasoning- Detroit gets the number one goalie they need, and a prospect who should be in the nhl but the Canadiens have to much depth for him.
Montreal gets a scoring second line center that will put up points with kovalev, and they also get a future second line center in Filpula to balance out the trade. Filpula should be in the nhl next year too.
I like Ferland...I'd rather put a 2nd rounder instead of him.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 09:58 AM
  #3
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Didn't Filppula leave the AHL after this season and sign somewhere in Europe for next year?

Or perhaps that was someone else.

Anyway, I'd do that deal.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:12 AM
  #4
digitalmonkey*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
I highly doubt Detroit would make this deal.

digitalmonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:13 AM
  #5
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
I think Lang is worth more than just abby.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:16 AM
  #6
LeHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,817
vCash: 500
Isn't Belfour close to signing with Detroit ?

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:16 AM
  #7
digitalmonkey*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1 View Post
Isn't Belfour close to signing with Detroit ?
I have heard that.

digitalmonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:23 AM
  #8
boomboom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Man I feel bad for Detroit if they sign belfour. The guy is old and his back is done. Detroit should have kept Legace or trade for a goalie.

boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:35 AM
  #9
albertonhabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Great Deal, Get Er Done Bob!!!!!!

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:55 AM
  #10
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
An hockey stick could be the goaltender in Detroit with their D, so Aebi would be good and I think better than Manny.(hes bigger)

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 11:14 AM
  #11
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Detroit gets hosed here, IMO.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 01:00 PM
  #12
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
Didn't Filppula leave the AHL after this season and sign somewhere in Europe for next year?

Or perhaps that was someone else.

Anyway, I'd do that deal.
no, that guy is only 22 and have still 2 years left on his contract

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:12 AM
  #13
Thundermare
Registered User
 
Thundermare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 500
I really doubt Detroit would do that deal

How about

David Aebisher
Mike Ribiero
Jonathan Ferland

for

Robert Lang
Jakub Kindl
Thomas Kopecky

Though this might still be too much

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:19 AM
  #14
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
I really doubt Detroit would do that deal

How about

David Aebisher
Mike Ribiero
Jonathan Ferland

for

Robert Lang
Jakub Kindl
Thomas Kopecky
Can't see Detroit being interesting in Ribs. They have a good 1-2 punch down the middle already, they aren't going to play him on their third or fourth line i would imagine. Plus any spaces that become available at C would likely go to Hudler or Filppula from what I understand. Plus, I think that if we want that package from Detroit, we would have to give up a better prospect than Ferland. I think any potential deal with Detroit is likely to work better when there are fewer players involved. Just my opinion though.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:28 AM
  #15
Thundermare
Registered User
 
Thundermare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Can't see Detroit being interesting in Ribs. They have a good 1-2 punch down the middle already, they aren't going to play him on their third or fourth line i would imagine. Plus any spaces that become available at C would likely go to Hudler or Filppula from what I understand. Plus, I think that if we want that package from Detroit, we would have to give up a better prospect than Ferland. I think any potential deal with Detroit is likely to work better when there are fewer players involved. Just my opinion though.
I see your point.

The Ribiero thing was to offset the loss of Lang in the offered deal involving him, but like you I think that Mtl would probably be lucky to get one good prospect from Detroit for Aebisher (just love how they draft high quality players with low quality pick)

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:40 AM
  #16
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Who says the Wings want to move Lang?

I wouldn't want to give up much for him if I were the Habs. He has a HUGE salary and is 36 years old. Also, he's not exactly an impact player. He's a band-aid, complementary player, that's it.

To me, we just need a forward with size, doesn't matter what position.

Perezhogin-Lang-Kovalev

is the same to me as

Shanahan-Ribeiro-Kovalev

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:57 PM
  #17
kostitsyn fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
I really doubt Detroit would do that deal

How about

David Aebisher
Mike Ribiero
Jonathan Ferland

for

Robert Lang
Jakub Kindl
Thomas Kopecky

Though this might still be too much
you can add zednik in the package to complete the clean up!!!!!

kostitsyn fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.