HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 09:48 AM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
games like last night sends messge to the rest of the league that we can be intimdated and pushed and they can just try to injure our players without anything happen to them. i dont see how having 13th forward heavy weight like macyntire would hurt us. you can justy play him vs the leafs and bruins and teams like that and give him like 2minutes of ice time and double shift another forward. its not hard to play with 11 forwards instead of 12 so yes im all for getting a heavyweight

Old
02-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Et le But

Trade Plekanec and Markov for Leterneau-Leblind and Carkner, and then we can plan the parade.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:51 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What about the 8-6 game against Boston a 2 years ago ? You don't think Buffalo took notice ? You don't think Toronto isn't going to pull that **** again ?

However, 1 heavy weight on a team full of midgets won't change when some teams can role 2, or more heavy weights.

Even middle weights with size will give us fits since Prust, White, and Cube are all 6'0, or smaller. Moen at 6'2 is the biggest we have.
You make it sound like the Leaves bullied the Habs into losing last night. We were out played in every aspect of the game. Where is the we need better D thread, or Wingers, or heaven forbid- someone that can win a faceoff? The Leaves didn't put the beat on the Habs until they made sure they had the game in hand. Even then, it's debatable as to who started the shenanigans in the first place.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
You make it sound like the Leaves bullied the Habs into losing last night. We were out played in every aspect of the game. Where is the we need better D thread, or Wingers, or heaven forbid- someone that can win a faceoff? The Leaves didn't put the beat on the Habs until they made sure they had the game in hand. Even then, it's debatable as to who started the shenanigans in the first place.
Pretty much all the bullying happened after the game was already over. Orr was invisible until the DD line and the defense decided to lay an egg. It was Toronto's soft, skilled players who killed us before Orr started anything.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed in Armstrong and Emelin playing so clean. When Toronto started running up the score we could have used a good old fashioned cheap shot, teach Grabovski or Kadri a lesson they will never forget.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Mike8

Last night's game was demonstrative of the dangers of building a team with agitators and no fighters. Either keep the game clean and play a skill game, or bring in enough tough players to play that brand of hockey.

Either way, as others have noted, the alleged intimidation took place after the game was lost. It was irrelevant to the score, and does not serve as a precedent for future scores.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Last night's game was demonstrative of the dangers of building a team with agitators and no fighters. Either keep the game clean and play a skill game, or bring in enough tough players to play that brand of hockey.

Either way, as others have noted, the alleged intimidation took place after the game was lost. It was irrelevant to the score, and does not serve as a precedent for future scores.
The problem is we didn't even agitate them until the game was out of hand and the team lost their cool. Where was Armstrong all game? This was the worst kind of softness.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Go Habs Go

I quite enjoy watching our team get humiliated, bullied, immasculated without being able to do a single thing about it. Not only were they beating us 6-0, they tried to injure our best forward but its ok because we're a swell team and its ok when to get slapped around from time to time. What would people think of us if we tried to defend ourselves? The memories of Lafleur and Beliveau will help me forget today's humiliations.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:37 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I quite enjoy watching our team get humiliated, bullied, immasculated without being able to do a single thing about it. Not only were they beating us 6-0, they tried to injure our best forward but its ok because we're a swell team and its ok when to get slapped around from time to time. What would people think of us if we tried to defend ourselves? The memories of Lafleur and Beliveau will help me forget today's humiliations.
should ask our bigger guys about that

Old
02-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Beendair Donedat

Which big guys are you talking about?

Old
02-10-2013, 12:52 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I think all the Hab fans who witnessed the glory decades, like you and I, are the ones who can't stomach this softness the most.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Bieber fever

I want Patrick Bordelau . 6'6 225lbs machine from Montreal.

I don't care if he plays 4-5 minutes a night

Old
02-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Frickin embarrassing! As a Hab fan for 36 years I am sick of these beatdowns by our rivals.
I am not asking for a goon squad, but we are in the North East Division and we don't have a heavyweight! We need someone who can shut Orr's mouth.
That was one a beat down to the epic level and it would have NEVER happened on a team when we had Nilan, Kordic, Corson, and Chelios on it.

As someone who lives in Edmonton, the perfect nuclear deterrent is Steve MacIntyre. Why because he one tough son of *****. He is a western Canadian boy, who the Habs could desperately use more of.
I love Prust, but where they hell was Moen, Amstrong, Patchs and Cole last night, they should have dropped the Russian biter last night as well as Kessel.
I don't think Mr. White will be sitting for anymore Leaf or Bruins games anymore.
Moen and Armstrong can sit when our heavy plays against these bully loving teams.
No heart last night at home and on Hockey Day in Canada.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:56 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyroe Habs Fan View Post
Frickin embarrassing! As a Hab fan for 36 years I am sick of these beatdowns by our rivals.
I am not asking for a goon squad, but we are in the North East Division and we don't have a heavyweight! We need someone who can shut Orr's mouth.
That was one a beat down to the epic level and it would have NEVER happened on a team when we had Nilan, Kordic, Corson, and Chelios on it.

As someone who lives in Edmonton, the perfect nuclear deterrent is Steve MacIntyre. Why because he one tough son of *****. He is a western Canadian boy, who the Habs could desperately use more of.
I love Prust, but where they hell was Moen, Amstrong, Patchs and Cole last night, they should have dropped the Russian biter last night as well as Kessel.
I don't think Mr. White will be sitting for anymore Leaf or Bruins games anymore.
Moen and Armstrong can sit when our heavy plays against these bully loving teams.
No heart last night at home and on Hockey Day in Canada.
100% agree. I'd cut Armstrong right now.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post

Exactly, Orr would cry

Old
02-10-2013, 01:06 PM
mrcontractor

LOL at this thread and the anti-goon panzies. This is hockey, a physical sport, not curling for ****'s sake. Let's just keep getting pushed around like we have for so long

Old
02-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
100% agree. I'd cut Armstrong right now.
It appears as though the signing of Armstrong hasn't worked; I don't recall anything he has done yet that suggests he is going to help this team going forward. I'd be all for replacing him with a true heavyweight, but, not a Stortini type. If MacIntyre can be had for a reasonable price, then I'd be ok with it. He's not going to change the score, but, if he was on the ice Bourque or Gorges wouldn't have been paying the price. I'd love to get Bordeleau, but, I don't see Colorado giving him up for anything less than an overpayment.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:12 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Which big guys are you talking about?
Moen, Armstrong, Cole, Paccioretty, Bourque, Eller... that's half our forward corp right there, and most are above average size.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:13 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcontractor View Post
LOL at this thread and the anti-goon panzies. This is hockey, a physical sport, not curling for ****'s sake. Let's just keep getting pushed around like we have for so long
lemme guess, you're projecting yourself as a tough guy on the web while in real life you're the kind to run scared whenever something bad happen.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:13 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:

I actually missed the entire game last night due to a prior engagement. I ended up at a restaurant right as the third was ending and after what I saw, I turned to my GF and told her, "the habs will go out and try to trade for Bordeleau".

Now I'm almost hoping it happens so she thinks I'm a wizard.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
02-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I actually missed the entire game last night due to a prior engagement. I ended up at a restaurant right as the third was ending and after what I saw, I turned to my GF and told her, "the habs will go out and try to trade for Bordeleau".

Now I'm almost hoping it happens so she thinks I'm a wizard.
I'm hoping you're right too, but, then we''ll all be coming to you for advice on the stock market & lottery numbers.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:16 PM
DJ Breadman

Yes we need a heavyweight that's obvious, we get pushed around and we lose, whens the last time we got pushed around but still won the game? It doesn't happen, there is a reason teams still have fighters. If the team was run by smart people they would of signed zenon konopka the last 2 years, he would be our best faceoff man and a heavyweight fighter but that makes too much sense I guess

Old
02-10-2013, 01:19 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Like I wrote in the GDT, If only we had kept Brad Staubitz, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He was a good fighter and became a fan favorite almost instantly.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:21 PM
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
lemme guess, you're projecting yourself as a tough guy on the web while in real life you're the kind to run scared whenever something bad happen.
Ya ya I've seen you make that analogy before and you keep making it. I don't know between you and me who thinks they're the tough guy, but I wouldn't make such an assumption until you meet someone in person. Maybe you'd walk away with half your teeth.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Lol.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:

Bordeleau would not do worse than Armstrong, for sure.

I like cody Mcleod too in Colorado.

Closed Thread