HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can we all please calm down?

Old
02-10-2013, 01:47 PM
TennisMenace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I expect move by the trade deadline, unloading veterans for pick. And one or two of our center will be dealt.
I hope you are right.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:49 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Bergevin is probably studying the team since game #1. I expect moves in the coming weeks. he is no bob gainey #3.
Maybe, maybe not. I think he has a plan to piece together a contender in a couple of years, he has this luxury as a first year GM. I also think he is going about things carefully and doesnt want to settle for a player. In other words, if he thinks we need a certain type of player he just wont grab the first guy he can, he will try to get The Guy.I also think he wants to try to develop as many of the players we need as possible. As an example, I and many thought we needed a top 4 D-man this past off-season and there were guys available, but MB didnt bite, he signed Cubes. Then I thought about it, Emelin. Emelin needs to work on being consistent defensively, but this guy has the potential of being a good top 4 defensive D-man. If we had signed a top 4 then it would have had to be a 4-5 year deal so Emelin would pretty much have had no future here as I doubt he will stay here after he turns UFA if it was to be a bottom pairing guy. So MB signs Cubes, a guy MT likes but also a veteran willing to take a one year deal, giving Emelin time to develop his game this year. Makes sense. So in terms of MB making a move, if it is for the right piece and cost sure, anytime, but he wont do it because weve lost a few games or out of worry about making the play-offs this year. He will do a deal if it advances us medium and long term. Thats my assessment anyway.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:49 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
You win some you lose some! And sometimes you lose badly haha

I think the Habs will pick it up this week; in my opinion they were unlucky to lose against Boston and Buffalo but deserved to lose against Toronto. Best case scenario we would only have lost 1 game instead of 3.
Unlucky to lose against Boston. Did you watch the game? We got about 16 SOG. Doesn't sound like we dominated them and they got lucky to win. Plus, we were home for both of those games ag. BB and TML. You just don't get killed and embarrassed at home.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:54 PM
haburger

cant expect people to be calm after a game like that.molson has sucked people in to believing mb and mt and company were going to change the'culture' of this franchise.lol.that game was beyond inexcusable.and now we are crashing back down to reality.that is why soo many are upset,cause they got suckered once again.i have missed maybe a couple games since they been on rds and have NEVER seen anything like last night,not even in the gainey gauthier era.no excuses!!!!cool slogan.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
cant expect people to be calm after a game like that.molson has sucked people in to believing mb and mt and company were going to change the'culture' of this franchise.lol.that game was beyond inexcusable.and now we are crashing back down to reality.that is why soo many are upset,cause they got suckered once again.i have missed maybe a couple games since they been on rds and have NEVER seen anything like last night,not even in the gainey gauthier era.no excuses!!!!cool slogan.
The poor fans that paid the " optimum " prices....wow...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
I hope you are right.
I think MB is trying to hit a window in a couple of years to be contenders for years to come after that. In trying to hit that window I think he will do what it takes, including moving vets who dont fit his medium and long term plan. I really could see MB trying to move guys who dont fit in an attempt to try to snag very high draft picks that could result in a blue chipper that could possibly play within 2-3 years of being drafted.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:03 PM
LastRide

Screw you guys. I'm still pissed at the shallacking we took..

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

The 5-0 trouncing by the Leafs was unbearably embarrassing. I can't think of a valid excuse. It wasn't just being outmuscled, the Habs were totally outplayed. The Leafs looked much better in every facet. I was disgusted by Therrien's failure to adjust to what the Leafs were doing throughout the game (or what the Sabres were doing in the 3rd period of the previous game). Maybe I (we) got carried away by the addition of new players (Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Prust, Armstrong, Bouillon), the return of Pacioretty, Subban, Markov, and Gionta, and the renaissance of Bourque.

Bergevin still has a lot to do. I have no brilliant suggestions to offer.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:08 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
I think MB is trying to hit a window in a couple of years to be contenders for years to come after that. In trying to hit that window I think he will do what it takes, including moving vets who dont fit his medium and long term plan. I really could see MB trying to move guys who dont fit in an attempt to try to snag very high draft picks that could result in a blue chipper that could possibly play within 2-3 years of being drafted.
mb is as green as galchenyuk is.hows he gonna move aging vets for prospects?if he's gonna do that he has to do it now.gionta cole markov(is he injured again?) kaberle are expiring and and doing it fast. next year they will have little value.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Unlucky to lose against Boston. Did you watch the game? We got about 16 SOG. Doesn't sound like we dominated them and they got lucky to win. Plus, we were home for both of those games ag. BB and TML. You just don't get killed and embarrassed at home.
When you've watched enough games, you begin to realize how tenuous a final score can be. Not last night's final score, which reflected a terrible game, but the two previous ones. In both the Boston and Buffalo game, there were dozens of plays where an inch left or right could've changed the outcome. Replay the exact same circumstances in our first period against Boston and we'll score at least one goal a majority of the time. We didn't. That's the nature of a dynamic game like hockey. But it doesn't mean we were outplayed or out-anythinged. We played well enough to win, but didn't. Are there weak spots? Sure. Work on them. But the worst thing to do is assume every loss requires a 'fix'. That's a confidence-killer.

The important thing moving forward is how the roster responds to this psychological hit. Do they pull together or quietly point fingers? Do they channel their anger into a laser-beam focus, or do they second-guess their actions? Anyone can be a team player when you're winning; the real test is how you respond when you've lost. This is where a team either becomes more than what it is on paper, or less.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The 5-0 trouncing by the Leafs was unbearably embarrassing. I can't think of a valid excuse. It wasn't just being outmuscled, the Habs were totally outplayed. The Leafs looked much better in every facet. I was disgusted by Therrien's failure to adjust to what the Leafs were doing throughout the game (or what the Sabres were doing in the 3rd period of the previous game). Maybe I (we) got carried away by the addition of new players (Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Prust, Armstrong, Bouillon), the return of Pacioretty, Subban, Markov, and Gionta, and the renaissance of Bourque.

mb hasnt done anything yet except come up with the "no excuses" garbage.

Old
DJ Breadman

Yeah I don't think people are overrating at all, we lost to our two biggest rivals in the same week and both of those where home games, so no I mean that's as bad as it can get right there so people should be pissed

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:11 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Everyone calm the hell down, its one game, well bounce back tuesday. Relax.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Just because people chose to vent their emotions on a ONLINE HOCKEY BOARD doesn't mean they are punching holes in their walls at home, or on the verge of rioting, running away, committing suicide.

I agree life is short and there are bigger things, but this is where people should come if they want to VENT about their hockey / habs passion.

Get a grip man.
Speak for yourself, I'm on the ledge!

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:12 PM
CaliHab84

Quote:

It was 6-0

CaliHab84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Slippy13

All I have to say is thank **** I had to miss last night's game. Much more relaxed today and keeping a clear mind. I feel like this club is finally moving in the right direction regardless. **** happens and we shouldn't be crucifying the guys for it.

Slippy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:13 PM
CaliHab84

The only upside to these games is it happened early in the season and not towards the end so hopefully we can, wake up the next 30 or so games..

CaliHab84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:14 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
When you've watched enough games, you begin to realize how tenuous a final score can be. Not last night's final score, which reflected a terrible game, but the two previous ones. In both the Boston and Buffalo game, there were dozens of plays where an inch left or right could've changed the outcome. Replay the exact same circumstances in our first period against Boston and we'll score at least one goal a majority of the time. We didn't. That's the nature of a dynamic game like hockey. But it doesn't mean we were outplayed or out-anythinged. We played well enough to win, but didn't. Are there weak spots? Sure. Work on them. But the worst thing to do is assume every loss requires a 'fix'. That's a confidence-killer.

The important thing moving forward is how the roster responds to this psychological hit. Do they pull together or quietly point fingers? Do they channel their anger into a laser-beam focus, or do they second-guess their actions? Anyone can be a team player when you're winning; the real test is how you respond when you've lost. This is where a team either becomes more than what it is on paper, or less.
well they just came off a week where they lost 2 games against div opponents and should have come out raging last night.you saw what happened .looks to me like they dont care.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:16 PM
LastRide

We lost 2 games prior we should have won, and then get absolutely demolished by the Leafs.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:16 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
Everyone calm the hell down, its one game, well bounce back tuesday. Relax.
against t bay??ha ha ha.maybe they will just flick the "effort"switch to on for that game.then they can turn it off again for the florida game,then switch it on again for...........................etc.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 135
We all knew there'd be a slump at some point, this is it. It was going to happen eventually, and people are still losing their minds.

You win some, you lose some. We just lost three. We won 4 straight earlier. No need to overreact

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Habsurd

What started this is how we weren't prepared or ready to start this game. How often has this been an issue for the habs over the last
5 years i'd say?!!! Over and over again.

This issue points to coaching and team leadership.

Yes, we've had different coaches over this period but these flat starts have been a problem for a long long time. I love my habs for decades now but we need to find leaders in the room; both players and coaches (and the g.m. for that matter).

I think we've started down this road this season (like how we're sticking up for each now.....and the cbc crew never acknowledged that of course). But the next month will be extremely interesting in how Mt, MB and the players respond.

Will MT make adjustments in the d-zone and PP or just complain and whine? Will MB over-react and make a poor trade or take some time and wait for the right deal?
(I do hope that he finds someone to bolster our toughness, preferably on the backend but anywhere will do at present).

Habsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Lshap

Quote:

I feel exactly the same way. I'm just wondering if my frustration with Therrien is justified. I mean, no matter how you shake and bake this, we got 37 shots, even if none went in. The breakdown was in our own end, where our D seemed helpless to disrupt their setups or cover their men. Has this game exposed some deep flaw? Not really, it just illustrates what we already knew: We have a good puck-moving group of defensemen who aren't big enough to counter big forwards crashing our net. Plus, our usual positional defensive strength had a mini-stroke and lost consciousness for 60 minutes. Our talented D had a terrible night.

I don't pretend these are brilliant suggestions, I'm just trying to gain some perspective on a game that left me feeling awful. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Old
02-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Explorer View Post

Felt good to destroy you guys last night! But I like to remember that the exact opposite can happen next game, and this game will be forgotten. So I'm not going to get too excited over the win. You guys should remember that too.
Anyone who can enjoy the rush of victory and still maintain a mature perspective is welcome here anytime. Thanks for a balanced and honest post. Enjoy the win and thanks for not gloating (too much).

Old
02-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Et le But

Now that I calmed down, as much as yesterday was inexcusable, games against the Leafs are rarely a signifier of anything. I feel like we split the series with them every year regardless of the quality of the respective teams, for them, facing the Habs is the Stanley Cup finals.

Should we be worried? Well, this team clearly isn't very good yet, but just as humiliating the Leafs last year didn't make the Habs a good team, this doesn't mean everything is a disaster either. At this point the only person who should be calling for the Habs to trade everyone is the Nordiques fan who wants us to be terrible. We need to shake things up (time to switch Desharnais and Eller finally?) but the overreactions here as a bit ridiculous.

In the previous two games we outplayed better competition only to blow it through stupidity.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote