HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Prospect Stats and Discussion: 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
I bet if anyone starts in Stockton it would be Getnat. That would probably only happen if Klefbom didn't make the Oilers.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
Marincin doesn't look NHL ready to me. I've only seen a few OKC games this year, but Marty looked pretty raw.
Yup, the skill was obviously there but he needs to get his brain farts out in OKC not Edmonton.

02-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
It is good to see that we have players like Musil, Gernat, Bigios, and Klefbom coming up next year as our defense is pretty week. I am not expecting those guys to have no problem in the AHL but it starts the next waive of dmen and players like Peckham and Plante can be let loose.
Yup now just cross our fingers 1 of them exceeds expectations and perhaps another meets expectations.

Just the way defencemen develop I fully expect 1 or 2 of them to hit a wall and never find a pro game.. rather an NHL game. Would love to be wrong obviously.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Does Bigos actually have a legit shot at a bottom pairing NHL spot? He's one guy that I haven't really watched at all... all I know is that he's huge and physical but whether that projects to an NHL spot... no idea. Another Sutton but 15 years younger? Yes please.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:03 PM
rockinghockey

What do you guys see in OKC next year for dmen, I see:
Fedun
Tuebert
Marincin
Musil
Gernat
Bigios
Davidson.
With Klefbom playing with Fistric in EDM.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Fedun
Tuebert
Marincin
Musil
Gernat
Bigios
Davidson.
That's too many young guys in the AHL, I'd like atleast 2 vets mixed in with the young guys. You'd have to put whoever doesn't make the cut in the ECHL. I kind of like the idea of Klefbom jumping right into the NHL if his strong play in the SEL continued for the year, but now that he has been injured I would want to start him in the AHL and maybe call him up to the big club halfway through so long as he is adjusting well.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:44 PM
topchowda

Can the Oilers lend a young defenseman to another AHL team?

Say Gernat is playing good enoguh to be in the AHL but there is too many young D, could he get lent to say Abbosford for the year.

Rather see plays in the AHL then ECHL

Old
02-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Fedun
Tuebert
Marincin
Musil
Gernat
Bigios
Davidson.
IMO we could see Teubert on the big club as the #6/#7D. Klefbom could also be in the NHL.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:29 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
IMO we could see Teubert on the big club as the #6/#7D. Klefbom could also be in the NHL.
Teubert gets the Plante treatment, one year show me deal. He will be looked upon to anchor the second pair and I don't know if he has it in him.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:41 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
FedunAHL
Tuebert NHL #7
Marincin AHL
Musil AHL
Gernat ECHL
Bigos ECHL
Davidson. AHL
Klefbom NHL #6
Of 8 dmen, I think 2 make the jump, 2 go to the ECHL, and the rest have a couple vets mixed in to form the OKC defense. My guesses in bold.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:58 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Of 8 dmen, I think 2 make the jump, 2 go to the ECHL, and the rest have a couple vets mixed in to form the OKC defense. My guesses in bold.
So you think Teubert hops over all 3 of Whitney, Potter and Peckham?

Almost a certainly Whitney won't be re-signed but Potter still has a year left after this season and Peckham I think is a notch above Teubert yet.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:32 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
So you think Teubert hops over all 3 of Whitney, Potter and Peckham?

Almost a certainly Whitney won't be re-signed but Potter still has a year left after this season and Peckham I think is a notch above Teubert yet.
Potter, yes. I honestly forgot about Pecks though. Probably AHL bound for another year then

Old
02-09-2013, 01:31 AM
dnicks17

I don't think we'll see Bigos in the ECHL.

He'll be 24 years old at the time of next year's camp. He's definitely ahead of the other guys developmentally and physically.

And the physically part is just a bit of an understatement. He and Gernat are the same height, but he's 50lbs heavier.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:50 AM
Maverick41

Rieder doesn't seem able to stop scoring at the moment.
He had another goal and assist last night.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:05 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
Rieder doesn't seem able to stop scoring at the moment.
He had another goal and assist last night.
At least a goal in 10 of his last 11 games.

He's on fire.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:07 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Some of these guys won't be with the organization in the summer. I expect some trades in the off-season. The Oilers simply can't develop 6 or 7 defensemen in the AHL.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:09 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

He'll be 24 years old at the time of next year's camp. He's definitely ahead of the other guys developmentally and physically.

And the physically part is just a bit of an understatement. He and Gernat are the same height, but he's 50lbs heavier.
If Bigos is slightly more mobile than Plante, he could develop into a decent 6D eventually. The guy is huge AND mean.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:25 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Fedun
Tuebert
Marincin
Musil
Gernat
Bigios
Davidson.
Teubert loses his waivers exemption after this season. He'll most certainly be on an NHL roster to start next season, likely in EDM.

1. Schultz
2. Schultz
3. Petry
4. Smid (re-signed)
5. Fistric (re-signed)
6. Klefbom (may get sent to AHL at some point depending on his adjustment)
7. Teubert

One of Potter (under contract) or Peckham (RFA) is likely gone. My guess is that it will be Peckham since he'll be an RFA who will need to be qualified at 100% since he makes over a million. If the Oilers want him to take a pay cut, they won't qualify him which would make Peckham a UFA.

02-09-2013, 01:56 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Teubert loses his waivers exemption after this season. He'll most certainly be on an NHL roster to start next season, likely in EDM.

1. Schultz
2. Schultz
3. Petry
4. Smid (re-signed)
5. Fistric (re-signed)
6. Klefbom (may get sent to AHL at some point depending on his adjustment)
7. Teubert

One of Potter (under contract) or Peckham (RFA) is likely gone. My guess is that it will be Peckham since he'll be an RFA who will need to be qualified at 100% since he makes over a million. If the Oilers want him to take a pay cut, they won't qualify him which would make Peckham a UFA.
In the ideal world, they re-sign Smid and Fistric, replace Whitney with a real top 4 defenseman, keep Klefbom in the AHL for 1 year (recall him when injuries start), Teubert as No.7 defenseman. Potter waived/bought out, Peckham, Plante cut.

NHL roster:
Smid-PEtry
Schultz-Schultz
X-Fistric
Teubert

AHL

Klefbom-Fedun
Marincin-veteran AHL defenseman
Musil-Davidson

Old
02-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Beerfish

Teubert is crap, a slightly different version of plante. He's AHL all the way and if he is on the oilers roster next year it says bad things about our defense.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:18 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Tuebert isn't ready for the NHL and Potter is still signed until next year. Tuebert will start in the AHL. Plante will be gone though.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Sethis

vCash: 725
Fedun - AHL
Tuebert - AHL
Marincin - AHL
Musil - AHL
Gernat - AHL
Bigos - ECHL
Davidson. - ECHL, first call-up
Clark - AHL
Klefbom - SWE

Gernat and Musil need to be in the A, Bigos isn't as much of a priority. It makes it easier to break them in together as they'll know each other from the Oil Kings season, and Gernat will know Marincin.

Teubert, Fedun and Clark will handle the heavy lifting for better or for worse.

Marincin will hopefully take a step forward and help the above 3 with top 4 play.

Davidson seems like a waste playing in the 7th role, maybe they keep Deck to shuffle around with the kids, Davidson and Bigos being the big guys in Stockton until some space is cleared or some trade takes place.

Klefbom is either in the NHL or back to Sweden for the year imo. Doesn't make sense to bring him over here and add to the log jame when he can get quality time with his own team over there. If they think he's good enough to come over, commit to have him with the big team. I think that's a bad idea with a 19/20 year old D-man though. Colour me conservative.

And I would much rather kiss Peckman and Sutton goodbye and hold on to Fistric. He's perfect in the 6/7 role. Hope to God they add a top 4 guy though.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Shizuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

We have yet to sign Bigos right? I'm concerned we'll lose him to UFA status -- he is exactly what our D (and team) needs much more of, a mean, mean banger and he has a big shot, though of course that's likely not his forte.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:08 PM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post

Klefbom is either in the NHL or back to Sweden for the year imo. Doesn't make sense to bring him over here and add to the log jame when he can get quality time with his own team over there. If they think he's good enough to come over, commit to have him with the big team. I think that's a bad idea with a 19/20 year old D-man though. Colour me conservative.

And I would much rather kiss Peckman and Sutton goodbye and hold on to Fistric. He's perfect in the 6/7 role. Hope to God they add a top 4 guy though.
I would be surprised if they send Klefbom back to SWE even if he doesn't make the Oilers - he's already signed so he burns the first year of his ELC next year whether in the AHL or SEL, might as well use it to have him adjust to NA game even if he's not in the NHL - plus they can recall him from AHL if injuries hit, not exactly sure on the rules if he's assigned to Europe.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Teubert is crap, a slightly different version of plante. He's AHL all the way and if he is on the oilers roster next year it says bad things about our defense.
This. Teubert was a bad trade ... LA gave up on him, and now its time for us to give up. He is basically a poor mans Peckham.

Closed Thread