HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JFJ's Assists.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:14 PM
RhyZa

vCash: 500
Great track record as you mentioned but the Rask mistake was such a huge one, that it's hard to trust someone again after that.

RhyZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:16 PM
RhyZa

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
Lets put that non-sense to bed right now

RASK was unsigned and showed no inclination of signing with the Buds, time was running out for them to retain his rights w/o a sig
Link?

Either way, even if true, he rated both Pogge and Raycroft over him. For a 'scout', those were awful decisions.

Last edited by RhyZa: 02-10-2013 at 12:24 PM.
RhyZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Deebo

Quote:

RASK was unsigned and showed no inclination of signing with the Buds, time was running out for them to retain his rights w/o a sig
He didn't sign his ELC with Boston until 10 months after the trade.

Deebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It sounded like JFJ wanted to tank it for 2006-whenever but MLSE wouldn't go for it.
This. Peddie had a major influence on the team during JFJ's tenure, and the goal was to win now in any way.

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
I don't think anybody has ever doubted his scouting ability.
this

it was his brutal trades and brutal signings that were not of GM quality.

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Really?

Then why do people here regret the trade.

Good move by JFJ knowing the circumstances.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:25 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhyZa View Post
Link?

Either way, even if true, he rated both Pogge and Raycroft over him. For a 'scout', those were awful decisions.
Link really? what no google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
which means he wasn't signed, amirite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Really?

Then why do people here regret the trade.

Good move by JFJ knowing the circumstances.
the reason for regret is the disease the youngins suffer from called myopia!!!.... and worse they all have perfect hindsight although it's always peppered with myth

Last edited by therealkoho: 02-10-2013 at 01:49 PM.
therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Run705
The705Collection

Pogge showed great potential in the World Juniors and if I remember correctly Rask had his first tantrum in the minors, so it made sense to trade Rask over Pogge.

Run705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:55 PM
dougieg93
flip for filip

JFJ is partially responsible, but also think Burke deserves some credit especially since he hired Dallas Eakins as head coach and trained these players for being pro athletes and step right in. Burke made huge strides in player development which has never happened in previous regimes from memory.

dougieg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Winreims

Well, it was JFJ who initially brought in Eakins to our organization... props to Fergie

Old
02-10-2013, 02:00 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeymane View Post
Pogge showed great potential in the World Juniors and if I remember correctly Rask had his first tantrum in the minors, so it made sense to trade Rask over Pogge.
that was post trade whilst playing with Providence

Old
02-10-2013, 02:11 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 0
Quote:

Quote:
Link really? what no google

which means he wasn't signed, amirite

the reason for regret is the disease the youngins suffer from called myopia!!!.... and worse they all have perfect hindsight although it's always peppered with myth

Your just making up crap to stir **** up .

Rask would have signed with us and the reason the B's wanted him was he was always the better prospect compared to Pogge .

JFJ was a brutal GM and got bent over in this and the Tosk trade . Raycroft was the B's 3rd string goalie at the time of the trade and i have no idea why JFJ paid the price he did .

Also JFJ only wanted to go the full rebuild route once his retool of a 100 pt team turned to crap , the guy was a failure and deserved to be fired . Peddie never interfered with his day to day moves and JFJ stated this in an article that has been posted here countless times in past threads .

hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Run705
The705Collection

Quote:
that was post trade whilst playing with Providence
Pretty sure he had a tantrum before that as well, he was known for his anger problems. Probably why it made sense to trade him at the time.

Run705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:43 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post

Rask would have signed with us and the reason the B's wanted him was he was always the better prospect compared to Pogge .

JFJ was a brutal GM and got bent over in this and the Tosk trade . Raycroft was the B's 3rd string goalie at the time of the trade and i have no idea why JFJ paid the price he did .

Also JFJ only wanted to go the full rebuild route once his retool of a 100 pt team turned to crap , the guy was a failure and deserved to be fired . Peddie never interfered with his day to day moves and JFJ stated this in an article that has been posted here countless times in past threads .

Peddie had nothing to do with it, why that even matters is beyond me

Rask was not signed and he was not interested in signing unless the contract paid him like a top 10 pick which he wasn't, at least according to reports at the time.

while you may not like it because it doesn't align with whatever myth you believe that is what happened in the real world

Old
02-10-2013, 02:46 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

At the signing of Fletcher MLSE admitted JFj came to the board with a rebuild plan and the board said that was not to be allowed that he had to make the playoffs. Seems JFj understood better than Burke what had to be done. Too bad Burke wasted those years trying for his quick fix.

Also, the Bruins wanted to team Rask up with their other Finnish keeper, who they thought was the real deal.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:48 PM
zeke
#freewilly

I said it at the time - JFJ's only bad moves were those two horrific goalie trades. Other than that, he was pretty good. I liked his free agent signings in general, even the high risk/reward ones like Lindros and Allison.

But you can't forgive those two goalie trades. They were some of the worst trades ever.

Especially when you had guys like Lehtonen available for nothing.

zeke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
I said it at the time - JFJ's only bad moves were those two horrific goalie trades. Other than that, he was pretty good. I liked his free agent signings in general, even the high risk/reward ones like Lindros and Allison.

But you can't forgive those two goalie trades. They were some of the worst trades ever.

And he signed Joe Nieuwendyk who single handedly won us game 7 over the Sens in 2004.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:57 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

And isn't it ironic that Reimer is the best goalie in the system right now?

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:04 PM
hotpaws

Quote:
Peddie had nothing to do with it, why that even matters is beyond me .

Rask was not signed and he was not interested in signing unless the contract paid him like a top 10 pick which he wasn't, at least according to reports at the time.

while you may not like it because it doesn't align with whatever myth you believe that is what happened in the real world
First you said he had no interest in signing with us and now you've changed it to he wanted a top 10 pick rookie deal .

Most 1st round picks get the max fixed dollar amount allowed under the rookie salary scale and the only thing that changes is the dollar amount of the bonuses which most rookies never earn and don't count against the cap unless there are earned . So why the **** would bonuses that would probably never be earned be a problem signing him .

The only myth is you spinning lies to try to defend JFJ .

Old
02-10-2013, 03:11 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
First you said he had no interest in signing with us and now you've changed it to he wanted a top 10 pick rookie deal .
Quote:
Originally Posted by WELL+WRITTEN+ENGLISH View Post

you're inability to decipher well written English is whats holding you back...keep trying lil buddy you'll get it someday

and please don't ever call me a liar again, that would be inflammatory language and could get you cited/infracted

Old
02-10-2013, 03:13 PM
hotpaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
At the signing of Fletcher MLSE admitted JFj came to the board with a rebuild plan and the board said that was not to be allowed that he had to make the playoffs. Seems JFj understood better than Burke what had to be done. Too bad Burke wasted those years trying for his quick fix.

Also, the Bruins wanted to team Rask up with their other Finnish keeper, who they thought was the real deal.
I know he came to the board with a rebuild plan but that was only after he failed to retool a 100 pt team . If i was the board i also wouldn't have had faith in him rebuilding a mediocre team when he couldn't even retool a quality team .

The B's wanted Rsk because he was always the better propect , it had nothing to do with where he was born . You're right the B's thought Tovinen ( i believe that was the goalie ) was there future num 1 and i don't even know if they would have resigned Raycroft ( regardless of what they said at that time ) who had slid to 3rd in there pecking order .

Old
02-10-2013, 03:14 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:

Lehtonen wasn't available until 2010, long past JFJ's time with the club...

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Winreims

^The fact is that JFJ had a different plan in mind and was shot down. Peddie and his ****ing ********.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:15 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:

Most 1st round picks get the max fixed dollar amount allowed under the rookie salary scale and the only thing that changes is the dollar amount of the bonuses which most rookies never earn and don't count against the cap unless there are earned
no that isn't the way it works under the CBA, but what ever, believe what you must

Old
02-10-2013, 03:17 PM
hotpaws

Quote:

Quote:
Peddie had nothing to do with it, why that even matters is beyond me

Quote:
you're inability to decipher well written English is whats holding you back...keep trying lil buddy you'll get it someday

and please don't ever call me a liar again, that would be inflammatory language and could get you cited/infracted
I think my abilty to decipher well written english is fine , the problem seems to be with your memory .