HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART V

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 10:44 AM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Lee was named Captain for a Notre Dame team that has National Championship aspirations. I think he wants to accomplish that goal, or give everything he has to try and accomplish that, He LOVES the University and his time there.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Honest question guys. Is there any indication that Anders is going to sign with the Isles? You, especially ITM and Rex, look really optimistic about that. I'd love that of course, but there are many cases that simply limit my own optimism about his future here.
Has to do with Lee's scholarship, Notre Dame has a lot invested in Lee. He took extra classes last summer and will so again to try and finnish early. Once Notre Dame season ends I have always believed Lee will sign. He wants a degree and get the most of the scholarship. In case hockey doesn't work out he has his diploma.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:09 AM
StrongIslanders90

I would honastly play Lee in the NHL right now....

Old
02-10-2013, 11:13 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
He's definitely ready. Plug and Play. JT would be ecstatic.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:32 AM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Has to do with Lee's scholarship, Notre Dame has a lot invested in Lee. He took extra classes last summer and will so again to try and finnish early. Once Notre Dame season ends I have always believed Lee will sign. He wants a degree and get the most of the scholarship. In case hockey doesn't work out he has his diploma.
I take a lot of pride having a prospect like this in our system. A kid with a good head on his shoulders and values having an education.

That being said I really do hope Garth gets this kid signed up. The future we have in place with a building and 25 years cemented at a location should help secure the kid.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
He's definitely ready. Plug and Play. JT would be ecstatic.
Gotta sign him first. I'm sure Garth wants to sign him. Wonder how Lee feels?

02-10-2013, 12:12 PM
ferrisUML

Well find out about Lees intentions right after the last UND game. Hell either turn pro right away with us or delay till next year and opt for UFA.

EDIT:
Damn spellcheck

Last edited by ferrisUML: 02-10-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old
02-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Original Rob

I've got $5 that says Lee signs elsewhere. Any takers?

Old
02-10-2013, 01:48 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:
I don't think you'll see wuite THAT many rookies next year all in one shot. Nino and Strome have good chances of making it. I think Lee gets the last spot over Nelson. Nelson develops for 1 more year in Bport and takes Moulsons spot after he gets traded or lost to UFA.

Next Year, My guess as of today...

Lee-Tavares-Strome
Grabner-Nielsen-Nino
Moulson-Bailey-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-Ullstrom
EX: C.McDonald
Brock Nelson and Johan Sundstrom pounding on the door.
Maybe one day but 2 rookies on the top line with Tavares? Switch Moulson and Lee. Also count me as one who REALLY hopes Garth gets Lee signed after ND finished playing this year.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:59 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
If the Isles want to keep Lee, they may HAVE to sign him immediately after his ND season ends and then play him in NY. I may have this wrong, but wouldn't that burn a year of his ELC? That, plus giving him a chance to play top 6 right away, might be enough of an incentive to keep him from waiting until summer and becoming a UFA.

If he has the option of picking his best deal on whatever team he wants, or being loyal to the Isles, what do you think he would do? These days, unfortunately, I'm assuming loyalty won't count and he'll want to make the best deal for himself. So the Isles have to offer him a contract when they have an advantage to offer.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:01 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
Maybe one day but 2 rookies on the top line with Tavares? Switch Moulson and Lee. Also count me as one who REALLY hopes Garth gets Lee signed after ND finished playing this year.
I think Lee and Strome would be perfect linemates for JT. Rookies yes, but by next year they'll be pretty seasoned rookies. I'd try it.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:18 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
How is reinhart looking in junior?

Old
02-10-2013, 09:37 PM
StrongIslanders90

IMO Lee wont be a top line forward in the NHL...

He will be a big bodied hard working skilled 3rd line forward.... play on the PP in front of net and mayby PK...

Old
02-10-2013, 10:26 PM
InformTheMasses

Light night tonight on the highlights.

Here is the Mitchell Theoret Assist in a 5-4 loss to Sarnia.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:54 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Light night tonight on the highlights.

Here is the Mitchell Theoret Assist in a 5-4 loss to Sarnia.

That Barrie tema is pretty damn good....Theo playing a big role for them???

Old
02-11-2013, 12:22 AM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisUML View Post
Well find out about Lees intentions right after the last UND game. Hell either turn pro right away with us or delay till next year and opt for UFA.

EDIT:
Damn spellcheck
I understand we're scarred from Gregoire and Kessel, but why do people think Lee will screw us and use the loophole if he doesn't sign this year? From what I heard, he's an honorable young man. I don't think we'll have to worry about him. He'll be an Islander either next season or the season after.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:15 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
I take a lot of pride having a prospect like this in our system. A kid with a good head on his shoulders and values having an education.

That being said I really do hope Garth gets this kid signed up. The future we have in place with a building and 25 years cemented at a location should help secure the kid.

Breaking news!!!!!! Anders Lee has decided to continue on at the University of Notre Dame until at least the summer of 2016 to complete a Master's Degree in Sports Management. More details to come later.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:25 AM
kuwo

Quote:
While I can't give you anything solid either way. I have heard nothing that makes me think that Lee will not sign with the Islanders. Just speculation/pessimism.

Quote:
Thanks for answers. A big and strong aggressive (just guessing, is he?) winger could be a nice boost to our (softest in the league?) top 6.

Quote:
If the Isles want to keep Lee, they may HAVE to sign him immediately after his ND season ends and then play him in NY. I may have this wrong, but wouldn't that burn a year of his ELC? That, plus giving him a chance to play top 6 right away, might be enough of an incentive to keep him from waiting until summer and becoming a UFA.
Yeah, I hope he will seriously consider this. Him playing in the Islanders jersey this season would burn a year of his 2 years ELC so he would be a RFA after 13/14 season.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:36 AM
Degeneration Rex

Sunday

Sarnia 6, Barrie 5 (OT)-Theoret, 1 assist, + 1.
Victoria 5, Spokane 3-Kichton, -1.
Swift Current 3, Edmonton 1-Reinhart, even.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
Breaking news!!!!!! Anders Lee has decided to continue on at the University of Notre Dame until at least the summer of 2016 to complete a Master's Degree in Sports Management. More details to come later.
EVEN if that were TRUE, you can only play 4 seasons of college hockey. He can play in the NHL and still get his Master's Degree.

On a side note, signing of not signing Lee will be a huge telltale sign for this organization. IF they sign him, it will show the direction this franchise is willing to take, it will show that they are serious about building a team, and are dedicated to building it with important prospects. And they are willing to spend to put a winning product on the ice.

If they DON"T sign him, it just shows that this team is all about status quo, all about spending enough so they don't get penalized for being below the cap, and that they have no intention of putting a winning product on the ice.

I know he's only a 6th round pick, and only a college prospect, BUT how they handle this situation, at least in my opinion, will show me how important winning is to this organization. You can't let an important prospect like Lee just walk away.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Beastrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
If they DON"T sign him, it just shows that this team is all about status quo, all about spending enough so they don't get penalized for being below the cap, and that they have no intention of putting a winning product on the ice.

I know he's only a 6th round pick, and only a college prospect, BUT how they handle this situation, at least in my opinion, will show me how important winning is to this organization. You can't let an important prospect like Lee just walk away.
Lee seems like the type of guy where school comes first. He seems like a pretty loyal guy. I am concerned he doesnt even mention, that he is an islander prospect on his twitter page. They will offer him max money at seasons end, but will he take it?

I have to think they have offered him max money in the past. They love contracts that are against the salary cap and have bonuses that nobody can achieve. Hence the overpayment of Nelson and Halmo, they make more then Strome. They were probably afraid, Strome might actually achieve those bonuses.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:29 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Can you imagine adding Anders Lee, Nino and Brock Nelson next season?

That would spell the end for either Okposo or Bailey, if not both of them. I hope Bailey has a big year and signs an extension. Bailey would be a great linemate for the next generation of kids..

Old
02-11-2013, 12:32 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
Can you imagine adding Anders Lee, Nino and Brock Nelson next season?

That would spell the end for either Okposo or Bailey, if not both of them. I hope Bailey has a big year and signs an extension. Bailey would be a great linemate for the next generation of kids..
Why exactly are the words Bailey and great in the same sentence. Only thing great about Bailey, is he's been a great disappointment.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:38 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
EVEN if that were TRUE, you can only play 4 seasons of college hockey. He can play in the NHL and still get his Master's Degree.

On a side note, signing of not signing Lee will be a huge telltale sign for this organization. IF they sign him, it will show the direction this franchise is willing to take, it will show that they are serious about building a team, and are dedicated to building it with important prospects. And they are willing to spend to put a winning product on the ice.

If they don't sign him, its because Lee wanted to play elsewhere. He has to sign a 2-way deal, which means that the team would be guaranteeing him all of 75k per year. The Isles could offer him the rookie max + bonuses, and if he isn't worth it, send him down. If he comes in and plays well, he would be a bargain.

Lee will have his pick of suitors. The one thing the Isles have in their favor is the ability to sign him before the end of this season, thus burning a year of his ELC. If Lee would rather play elsewhere though, there is absolutely nothing the Isles can do about it.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7#post59491597

Link to new thread.

Closed Thread