HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers @ Jets - Feb 12 7PM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2013, 01:23 PM
  #26
Stej
Registered User
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
So, with the way this team operates, 17-0 Philly?
Touché

Stej is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:24 PM
  #27
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
2 things about Tuesday's lineup that will most likely **** us all off:

Pavelec will start

One of the kids will be scratched for Buff instead of Clitsome. Obviously I want Grant to sit but between the two, at this very moment? I would scratch Postma.
HEY

Lynk is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:24 PM
  #28
King Woodballs
Registered User
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,082
vCash: 375
Sadly Jet your are probably correct.

Pavs will probably start, and clitsome will be in when he should be out.

If redmond sits...... All hell may break loose

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:25 PM
  #29
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
HEY
You can sit and still watch the game

garret9 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:26 PM
  #30
Jet
Buff Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orlando
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,966
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Sadly Jet your are probably correct.

Pavs will probably start, and clitsome will be in when he should be out.
I know there is a very vocal group here that doesn't like Noel. I'm not amongst them, though I don't always agree with the coaches decision. At the end of the day though, it's his ass on the line if this team doesn't win, so you know he's always doing what HE and the rest of his staff think is best for this team to win. With guys like Huddy and Pearn there, I have to bite my tongue a bit and trust that there is reasons why he would make certain decisions.

__________________
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde
Jet is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:27 PM
  #31
Guerzy
Patrik LainELITE
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Friendly Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,935
vCash: 69
I'm going to be quite upset if Redmond or Postma sit so Grant ****ing Clitsome can play.

I don't see a single locigal reason why a coach would make that decision.

Byfuglien - Enstrom
Hainsey - Redmond
Stuart - Postma


Boom.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:28 PM
  #32
bigplay41*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
2 things about Tuesday's lineup that will most likely **** us all off:

Pavelec will start

One of the kids will be scratched for Buff instead of Clitsome. Obviously I want Grant to sit but between the two, at this very moment? I would scratch Postma.
As the Mayor of the city Paul Postma im surprised youd say that Jet!

bigplay41* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:30 PM
  #33
Guerzy
Patrik LainELITE
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Friendly Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,935
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I know there is a very vocal group here that doesn't like Noel. I'm not amongst them, though I don't always agree with the coaches decision. At the end of the day though, it's his ass on the line if this team doesn't win, so you know he's always doing what HE and the rest of his staff think is best for this team to win. With guys like Huddy and Pearn there, I have to bite my tongue a bit and trust that there is reasons why he would make certain decisions.
Totally agree, Jet. I'll really disagree if one of Redmond/Postma sit and Clitsome plays, but I do see you logic here.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:30 PM
  #34
Stej
Registered User
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'm going to be quite upset if Redmond or Postma sit so Grant ****ing Clitsome can play.

I don't see a single locigal reason why a coach would make that decision.

Byfuglien - Enstrom
Hainsey - Redmond
Stuart - Postma


Boom.
Totally agree and love that line-up. As hard as I've been on Pavs lately, I can at least see the reasoning behind going back to him for the next game. I would not be able to see the reasoning behind playing Clitsome before Postma and Redmond. Especially Redmond.

Stej is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:33 PM
  #35
Guerzy
Patrik LainELITE
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Friendly Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,935
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
As the Mayor of the city Paul Postma im surprised youd say that Jet!
This right here is what I admire about Jet, no blindness, bias, hate, anti-management, etc. goggles on. He admires Postma's play, but recognizes Redmond might be the better option. He questioned the acquisition of Peluso, but was 100% willing to give him a chance in a Jets uniform.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:38 PM
  #36
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,194
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'm going to be quite upset if Redmond or Postma sit so Grant ****ing Clitsome can play.

I don't see a single locigal reason why a coach would make that decision.

Byfuglien - Enstrom
Hainsey - Redmond
Stuart - Postma


Boom.
To be fair to Clitsome he has played reasonably well the past couple of games.

sipowicz is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:39 PM
  #37
Jet
Buff Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orlando
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,966
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
As the Mayor of the city Paul Postma im surprised youd say that Jet!
I'm surprised too

I just think with a dynamic offensive guy like Buff coming in, I think Redmond should dress being the more defensive of the two.

However, when Buff and Bogo are back, I think Redmond gets sent down because of contract status. I think it totally sucks because he has proven he has NHL ability but we all know the way it goes. Unless the Jets waive Clitsome (my number one choice but not going to happen) or trade one of our younger guys (don't like this idea) we'd have 8 healthy D on the roster -- not a long-term solution.

As much as I would hate seeing Redmond go down, it's what is best for the organization and our defensive depth. Knowing you have a guy like that on the farm ready to come up and play top 4 minutes is pretty comforting.

Jet is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:41 PM
  #38
King Woodballs
Registered User
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,082
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I know there is a very vocal group here that doesn't like Noel. I'm not amongst them, though I don't always agree with the coaches decision. At the end of the day though, it's his ass on the line if this team doesn't win, so you know he's always doing what HE and the rest of his staff think is best for this team to win. With guys like Huddy and Pearn there, I have to bite my tongue a bit and trust that there is reasons why he would make certain decisions.
As you say, its his job to lose, not any of ours.
I have always stood behind noel with his decisions
With very little questioning.

I would have no issue with either goalie starting, as I can see each side of that arguement
But if clitsome is in... That one I will question.

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:42 PM
  #39
Jet
Buff Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orlando
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,966
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
To be fair to Clitsome he has played reasonably well the past couple of games.
I agree. I mentioned it in yesterdays GDT. Clitsome is slowly playing himself back into the good books. With a guy like this I worry though. We've seen bad Grant far more than good Grant in a Jets uni. How long will he keep up this solid play?

Again, I think Noel sees him as a more veteran, mature option. I don't see the team waiving him or scratching him unless he's bad Grant again for a large stretch of the season. I'm afraid we will have to say goodbye to Zachy Reds for a while.

Jet is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:44 PM
  #40
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,194
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I'm surprised too

I just think with a dynamic offensive guy like Buff coming in, I think Redmond should dress being the more defensive of the two.

However, when Buff and Bogo are back, I think Redmond gets sent down because of contract status. I think it totally sucks because he has proven he has NHL ability but we all know the way it goes. Unless the Jets waive Clitsome (my number one choice but not going to happen) or trade one of our younger guys (don't like this idea) we'd have 8 healthy D on the roster -- not a long-term solution.

As much as I would hate seeing Redmond go down, it's what is best for the organization and our defensive depth. Knowing you have a guy like that on the farm ready to come up and play top 4 minutes is pretty comforting.
With both Buff and Bogo back it makes sense to have Redmond and Postma playing every game, that being said the Jets should bring up Meech as the 8th D, Clitsome as the 7th, maybe Redmond goes back to St. Johns to play a ton of minutes and Postma stays up as the 6th D in a sheltered role, I think it would be interesting to see him paired with Bogo.

Next seasons Jets D will look a lot different with Buff, Enstrom, Bogo, Redmond and Postma with ?

sipowicz is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:46 PM
  #41
Guerzy
Patrik LainELITE
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Friendly Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,935
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
To be fair to Clitsome he has played reasonably well the past couple of games.
Sure, but to me that's his drawback, inconsistency. I've liked what we've seen from Postma and Redmond all season. They're showing great consistency as rookies to this point.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:48 PM
  #42
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,600
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Buff back yay!!!
Noel do this:
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Hainsey-Redmond
Stuart-Postma
Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.P lease.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.
I'll add three more for good measure: please.please.please!

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:49 PM
  #43
Stej
Registered User
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
Just playing devils advocate here, but what kind of message does sending Redmond down send to other players in the organization?

Work your ass off in the AHL. Finally catch your break because of injuries. Grab ahold of your chance and play lights out. Get sent back down strictly because of contract status.

We hear all the time in training camps that if a guy plays his way onto the team, then he deserves to take that spot. Why should this be any different?

I guess I can live with Redmond going down, but they sure as hell better sit him down and be completely forthright about the decision making process.

Stej is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:51 PM
  #44
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,194
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Sure, but to me that's his drawback, inconsistency. I've liked what we've seen from Postma and Redmond all season. They're showing great consistency as rookies to this point.
Clitsome showed consistency through the first 8 games, but in the last 4 he has been okay.

sipowicz is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:53 PM
  #45
Jet
Buff Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orlando
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,966
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
Just playing devils advocate here, but what kind of message does sending Redmond down send to other players in the organization?

Work your ass off in the AHL. Finally catch your break because of injuries. Grab ahold of your chance and play lights out. Get sent back down strictly because of contract status.

We hear all the time in training camps that if a guy plays his way onto the team, then he deserves to take that spot. Why should this be any different?

I guess I can live with Redmond going down, but they sure as hell better sit him down and be completely forthright about the decision making process.
It happens all the time in hockey. All the time. Players aren't stupid, they know how it works.

Jet is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:54 PM
  #46
Guerzy
Patrik LainELITE
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Friendly Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,935
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
Just playing devils advocate here, but what kind of message does sending Redmond down send to other players in the organization?

Work your ass off in the AHL. Finally catch your break because of injuries. Grab ahold of your chance and play lights out. Get sent back down strictly because of contract status.
Exactly. It'll show a strong sign of what this organization is all about if they opt to play these rookies over Clitsome. Sure we could play it safe and keep Clitsome while sending Redmond down based on contract status, but in doing so we're ridding ourselves of the better player. I don't even want to think about that because it'll make me mad.

At the end of the day, you ice your best line-up, if you have to waive a one-way like Clitsome and possibly lose him, oh well. You can only play 6 defenseman in position and most teams keep 7, so we best keep the BEST 7.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
  #47
Stej
Registered User
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
It happens all the time in hockey. All the time. Players aren't stupid, they know how it works.
I guess so. It's just particularly difficult because in my mind he's 6th on the depth chart and we're treating him like he's 8th. It's not like it's a coin flip between the bottom 2.

Look at me, I'm talking like it's already a sure thing that he's going down.

Stej is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:00 PM
  #48
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Sure, but to me that's his drawback, inconsistency. I've liked what we've seen from Postma and Redmond all season. They're showing great consistency as rookies to this point.
Mhmmm... very good job as rookies so far!

Even Strength
NameRelQoCOZSSA/60GA/60CorsiOnP/60
Postma -1.421 63.3 25.4 2.58 17.64 1.29
Clitsome -1.269 60.3 31.2 3.22 08.73 0.92
Redmond 0.690 52.5 16.5 1.43 10.03 0.72
Postma: he's been sheltered but really there's not too much of a difference between Postma and Clitsome (which makes sense as they've spent a lot of time together). What's interesting to see is that Postma has better defensive and offensive stats. Postma has done a better job suppressing shots and goals against.
Redmond: It's a small sample size but this is hugely promising as a rookie. While Postma may never have the defensive acumen to be more than sheltered 3rd pairing in Noel's system/usage of defensemen, Redmond on the other hand looks like he can cover for Bogosian as 2RD whenever Bogo is injured or moved to first pair when Buff is injured. There's no way that SA stays that low, but to beat unsheltered minutes as a rookie is pretty impressive.
Clitsome: He's no #6 but I'd be fine keeping him as a #7 if Chevy/Noel decide to throw Redmond back to lead St. J, or if they keep both as #7+8 as Noel did last season with Flood and Ran_y.


If I was to guess we'll keep 8 like Noel likes to do (at least untill Mittens is back) and our 8 will probably be:
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Hainsey-Bogosian
Stuart-Redmond/Postma
Clitsome-Redmond/Postma

... and Redmond/Postma will switch depending on day, team and needs. Plus there's bound to (unfortunately) be more injuries as the season goes.

garret9 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:01 PM
  #49
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,194
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Exactly. It'll show a strong sign of what this organiation is all about if they opt to play these rookies over Clitsome. Sure we could play it safe and keep Clitsome while sending Redmond down based on contract status, but in doing so we're ridding ouelves of the better player. I don't even want to think about that because it'll make me mad.

At the end of the day, you ice your best line-up, if you have to waive a one-way like Clitsome and posisbly lose him, oh well. You can only play 6 defenseman in position and most teams keep 7, so we best keep the BEST 7.
So who do you sit with Buff and Bogo back? Don't think you want either Postma or Remond sitting. Clitsome and Meech would be good 7th, 8th D men.

sipowicz is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:27 PM
  #50
Jet
Buff Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orlando
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,966
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
I guess so. It's just particularly difficult because in my mind he's 6th on the depth chart and we're treating him like he's 8th. It's not like it's a coin flip between the bottom 2.

Look at me, I'm talking like it's already a sure thing that he's going down.
It does suck. I hate waiver rules and guaranteed contracts. Get rid of these two things and the best players are playing in the NHL and the bad ones are gone.

However, as much as it sucks for Redmond, I bet he isn't looking at it that way. He is intimately aware of his situation, and he's probably thinking "I got my shot, and I KILLED it, it's only a matter of time before I am a regular NHL'er".

Jet is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.