HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

2012/2013 Abbotsford Heat Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 11:19 AM
  #251
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
thanks for clearing that up buddy.. I reall haven't been paying no mind to his stats, if he makes the show, it will be as a hard working 3rd or 4th liner with intangibles.

Also on a side note, I have no clue how I never noticed this before but Max is one day younger than me lol. Weird, and kind of depressing
Don't worry, you'll get over it once you creep into "NHL veteran" age.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:41 PM
  #252
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,610
vCash: 133
Anyone else really impressed with Reinhart since the lockout ended? I think he is playing 2nd line right now and he has been great of late in the few games I caught.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
  #253
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,316
vCash: 50
Good to see Reinhart producing now that he's been given the opportunity to do so. Frankly, people read way too much into stats for the farm team and are a little too narrow minded when it comes to judging the basis for success.


In any case, Reinhart's a pretty solid player; I definitely think he could challenge for spot in the NHL next season.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:48 AM
  #254
FLAMESFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,325
vCash: 50
Who's playing the condensed schedule? Abby has 5 games in 7 nights starting tomorrow

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:34 PM
  #255
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 50
I remember watching the Flames a couple weeks ago, and the commentator was saying we are statistically the smallest team in the NHL... Imagine if we called up Breen and Carson to be our 5/6...

Carson 6'4 - 210lbs
Breen 6'7 - 230lbs

I think that would boost us a couple stops for sure... (not advocating this, just a random thought).
I do think Carson would be our first D call up incase of injury, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Breen in our lineup in a 5/6 role in a couple years.

Money Baer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:32 PM
  #256
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,569
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I remember watching the Flames a couple weeks ago, and the commentator was saying we are statistically the smallest team in the NHL... Imagine if we called up Breen and Carson to be our 5/6...

Carson 6'4 - 210lbs
Breen 6'7 - 230lbs

I think that would boost us a couple stops for sure... (not advocating this, just a random thought).
I do think Carson would be our first D call up incase of injury, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Breen in our lineup in a 5/6 role in a couple years.
I would love to move Smith and Babchuck and bring up Carson the kid is a #6 nhl defensemen just caught in a numbers game.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
  #257
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I would love to move Smith and Babchuck and bring up Carson the kid is a #6 nhl defensemen just caught in a numbers game.
Could probably net a 4/5th for Smith... Maybe a 5/6th for Babs... I would love to see Carson up here in the 6 spot too. It would be nice to have some good size/big shot from the point. Breen/Carson would be quite the intimidating 5/6 if that ever happend.. (I could only see that taking place if we went into a full scale rebuild).

Money Baer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:33 PM
  #258
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,569
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Could probably net a 4/5th for Smith... Maybe a 5/6th for Babs... I would love to see Carson up here in the 6 spot too. It would be nice to have some good size/big shot from the point. Breen/Carson would be quite the intimidating 5/6 if that ever happend.. (I could only see that taking place if we went into a full scale rebuild).
Both are ready imp, I think Breen needs to work on his skating a bit but Carson is easily nhl ready. I would either try to move both for a a couple of picks or move one with Sarich to Detroit for Sheahan (love his game)

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:42 PM
  #259
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 50
Breen deserves a callup soon

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:33 AM
  #260
Fleury14
Kipper
 
Fleury14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Carson is still on that 1-way deal he signed, making $525k in the minors, so I'd imagine he'd be the first callup over Breen.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:46 PM
  #261
Abbotsford Heat
Registered User
 
Abbotsford Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Both are ready imp, I think Breen needs to work on his skating a bit but Carson is easily nhl ready. I would either try to move both for a a couple of picks or move one with Sarich to Detroit for Sheahan (love his game)
Breen is actually a pretty good skater

Abbotsford Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:56 PM
  #262
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,569
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Breen is actually a pretty good skater
I am not saying he is bad, but if he was a little more mobile he could be a #4 defensemen and the guy we have been looking for for a few years. He is big strong and can play physical if we were also a bit faster he would be a solid #4 defensemen.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:00 PM
  #263
Abbotsford Heat
Registered User
 
Abbotsford Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I am not saying he is bad, but if he was a little more mobile he could be a #4 defensemen and the guy we have been looking for for a few years. He is big strong and can play physical if we were also a bit faster he would be a solid #4 defensemen.
Breen's problem in recent years was that he was not physical enough. He has just added more of a physical element to his game this year. Skating has always been a strength, even in junior. He skates better than 95% of the guys his size

Abbotsford Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:07 PM
  #264
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 50
plus Breen is a good fighter, nasty rights

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:02 PM
  #265
FLAMESFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,325
vCash: 50
Irving getting the start again today. He's playing his best hockey this year, and good timing too with Brust struggling. Maybe he still has a chance.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
  #266
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,569
vCash: 145
Irving with another great game in Abbostford sv% .955 gaa of 1 in a 1-0 loss.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:37 PM
  #267
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,887
vCash: 500
Curious what, if anything, you guys have heard about this?

http://m.uticaod.com/observerdis/pm_...tguid=ghYDy3Vi

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:19 PM
  #268
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,748
vCash: 67
Why would the Heat go from Abby - a drivable distance from Calgary - to New York state?

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
  #269
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,610
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Curious what, if anything, you guys have heard about this?

http://m.uticaod.com/observerdis/pm_...tguid=ghYDy3Vi
Not entirely jazzed about this to be honest.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:06 PM
  #270
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,288
vCash: 50
First I'm hearing of it, but it just doesn't make sense. At all.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:45 PM
  #271
DevilsAnimal*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Depressed


as



****


They want to move the canucks farm team here...thats the LAST thing I want, more Canucks ********

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:51 PM
  #272
Abbotsford Heat
Registered User
 
Abbotsford Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Why would the Heat go from Abby - a drivable distance from Calgary - to New York state?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
First I'm hearing of it, but it just doesn't make sense. At all.
I would hate to see Abbotsford lose the Heat, but you have to think logically here.

Since the Heat moved to Abbotsford we have led or at least been near the top in injuries, this is often attributed to travel and scheduling since Abbotsford rarely plays weekday games at home and are forced into back to back, if not back to back to back games on a regular basis. 62 of our 76 games are part of a back to back (or b2b2b) situation! That's over 80% of our schedule!

this map sums up the Heats problems perfectly.

They need to move out east, it will give them more time to practice, travel will not wear them down like it is currently and I hate to take this shot at my hometown but at least people will show up to the damn games if they move to Utica.

Abbotsford Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:55 PM
  #273
haldrich1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Utica,NY
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
I'm from Utica,NY

i'm from Utica,NY and i don't believe your team is moving, but i'll give you the latest info i found locally.

the Syracuse Crunch owner made comment on the report of Utica getting a team.
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013..._to_utica.html

also found this Rob Esche who played for the Philadelphia Flyers and lives locally has registered the name UticaFlames
http://www.whois.com/whois/uticaflames.com

haldrich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:17 PM
  #274
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,748
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I would hate to see Abbotsford lose the Heat, but you have to think logically here.

Since the Heat moved to Abbotsford we have led or at least been near the top in injuries, this is often attributed to travel and scheduling since Abbotsford rarely plays weekday games at home and are forced into back to back, if not back to back to back games on a regular basis. 62 of our 76 games are part of a back to back (or b2b2b) situation! That's over 80% of our schedule!

this map sums up the Heats problems perfectly.

They need to move out east, it will give them more time to practice, travel will not wear them down like it is currently and I hate to take this shot at my hometown but at least people will show up to the damn games if they move to Utica.
Wow. Well I'm sold. I doubt it would happen though. I think the Heat and Abby have a cushy long term contract and basically the Heat have no real motivation to leave.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:28 PM
  #275
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,996
vCash: 500
Utica seems almost too far to the east. Didn't the Flames move to Abbotsford because of the proximity to Calgary?

If the Flames are going to move their AHL affiliate I wonder if they would be happier in a place like Kansas City. They have a CHL franchise there but there must be a way to upgrade that to the AHL. The Mavs are building a real presence in the city and hockey is on the radar because of youth organizations like the Junior Mavs, Russell Stover, etc.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.