HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#11 |Buffalo Sabres vs. New York Islanders | Feb 9 | 7 PM | L 3-2

Old
02-10-2013, 11:40 AM
JTROCKS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
No Question about the top 4 defenceman they are a notch or three above Hickey and Streit (Hickey played well against Buffalo, perhaps he is settling in now). I would switch Hamonic and Strait though.

I would really hate to punish Cizikas like that, saddling him with Okposo and Boyes, poor Casey will be chasing all night.
I thought the exact same thing !!! I wouldnt wish KO and Boyes on anyone, let alone Casey !!!

JTROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:45 PM
goal1228

Okposo seems to be having a lot of problems with keeping the puck on his stick. He's a turnover machine this year.

Ulstrom (outside of the 4 on 4 goal) plays a solid 2 way game.

Cizika's deserves to play period.

Bailey looked very good and had alot of quality shots on net. He needs to keep that up.

If you complain about JT's game maybe you better take up watching golf.

Last edited by goal1228: 02-10-2013 at 12:51 PM.
goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Stercrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
Garth can change all of this. This is what kills me.

Trade Okposo, 2013 1st rounder for stud defenseman.

Make lucrative offer to Corey Perry in off-season.

Promote Matt Donovan.

Right there you've already improved the team... BUT WE DON'T MAKE TRADES. OR LOOK TO IMRPOVE THE TEAM.

Wang is A-ok with what goes on around here.
It's frustrating. It would be nice to see some fire from the top. Not sure if this is the right move but with standing pat makes it look like Wang/GMG don't really care.

Stercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderson View Post
I missed this game. First this season.

Anyway, I've seen the stats. What went wrong? :\

Ryan Miller played great and got some help from the post several times.

02-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Aucoin11*

Quote:
Nabokov is horrible.

The Islanders look like a team without direction.

And I honestly don't think I can handle watching JT miss all of these chances. I mean, I understand he has no support. I'll give you that 7 days a week. But when your MAIN THREAT has a freaking penalty shot with 3 mintues left in the game, and instead of shooting, dekes and misses, why are we going to get on everybody else? This kid is here to win us hockey games.

There is just so much wrong with the Islanders/organizational structure/ team on the ice, that I don't even know why we waste our time rebuilding with Snow leading the way.

The Islanders legitimately need a new coach/GM/owner, combo of all 3, and a move to Brooklyn, before they can mend the curve as a team. Because they will forever be stuck in this cycle of mediocre crap under this regime. Case closed. End of story.

BTW, Under Snow, every 1st round pick has been a bust except Tavares. Okposo is garbage, Nino looks very overrated, and Strome is too small for my liking. I won't even touch on Bailey, who may just be the worst first round pick of any team over the last decade.

At some point, I have to figure out what to do as a fan. I give this team everything. My time, my money, my support. But I don't get anything in return. Never have.

And you know what?

I probably never will. Talk about a thankless job. Because being a fan of THIS team is a thankless job.

I wonder who we take in the first round this year. Jones? Mackinnon? Does it even matter?

Puke. A thousand pukes for this organization.

Oh, and that fat slob Okposo, any professional team would have demoted/waived/or traded this loser by now. What a complete loser. He doesn't have any talent. Zero. He skates with one hand on the stick and can't even dump the puck in without looking like Gumby on skates. He is not only going the way of Comeau, he's about to bust so hard on us that if we don't get rid of him PRONTO we are going to wish so hard that we traded him when he was only -gagillion and 5 points deep it'll make our heads spin. I don't care if we trade him and he turns into Bure, GET HIM OFF THIS MOTHER ****ING TEAM. NOW.
It's really funny that your name is islesbebest

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Aucoin11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
It's really funny that your name is islesbebest
It's even funnier because that isn't your name and I can't edit my posts.

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:41 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderson View Post
I missed this game. First this season.

Anyway, I've seen the stats. What went wrong? :\
Simple. The isles couldn't score despite having a ton of chances. Buffalo scored on their few attemps and Nabby made a mistake with the third.

Nabby needs a rest and DP must start Monday. I still think Nabby is quite good, but with this schedule he really needs a couple of games off now.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:48 PM
InformTheMasses

Also, not that the Islanders didn't dominate play, they largely did. It was also a tale of One team (Islanders) firing a bunch of perimeter shots into the belly of one goalie) vs another teams (Sabres) that wouldn't shoot the puck unless it was an absolutely perfect opportunity.

Skews perception a little bit, particularly when analyzing shot disparity.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Also, not that the Islanders didn't dominate play, they largely did. It was also a tale of One team (Islanders) firing a bunch of perimeter shots into the belly of one goalie) vs another teams (Sabres) that wouldn't shoot the puck unless it was an absolutely perfect opportunity.

Yes. I always say its Quality of shots over quantity of shots in Hockey. Goalies are too good to let in perimeter shots.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:34 PM
GusTheo

Quote:
Garth can change all of this. This is what kills me.

Trade Okposo, 2013 1st rounder for stud defenseman.

Make lucrative offer to Corey Perry in off-season.

Promote Matt Donovan.

Right there you've already improved the team... BUT WE DON'T MAKE TRADES. OR LOOK TO IMRPOVE THE TEAM.

Wang is A-ok with what goes on around here.
Enough already dude.

Snow traded for Ehroffs rights but he wouldn't sign. He traded for Lubo. They've yet to have a legit off-season with their future secured in Brooklyn.

You think Okposo and a 1st rounder are going to net you a stud defenseman? You're delusional. That statement alone just proves how out of touch with reality you are.

And what makes you think if the Islanders make a lucrative offer to Corey perry that he's actually gonna accept it, or that he won't bust. If the Islanders go out and sign the best FA everyone will complain they spent too much money and they went too many years even though everyone admits that's that what the isles need to do to bring them in. Then of the guys don't produce, the isles are idiots for going out and spending all that money on this guy.

The islanders situation is nearly as bad as everyone makes. Does the roster need work? Obviously. But teams aren't lining up to trade away stud defenseman lol.

GusTheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:37 PM
GusTheo

Quote:

Yea, but it's better to just get the pick to the net than to make too many passes or get cute with the pick which the isles like to do.

Just get the puck to the net, look at JT's goal. Look at how Moulson scores all of his goals. Deflections, rebounds, etc.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:39 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusTheo View Post
Yea, but it's better to just get the pick to the net than to make too many passes or get cute with the pick which the isles like to do.

Just get the puck to the net, look at JT's goal. Look at how Moulson scores all of his goals. Deflections, rebounds, etc.
Yeah, I didn't say one strategy was better than he other. If I had to choose I always opt for shooting it as often as possible. Just would prefer less shots hitting the goalie in the crest and having a few more guys in front of the net for screens/deflections/rebounds.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:08 PM
GusTheo

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't say one strategy was better than he other. If I had to choose I always opt for shooting it as often as possible. Just would prefer less shots hitting the goalie in the crest and having a few more guys in front of the net for screens/deflections/rebounds.
I agree, if there isn't traffic in front than those are very low % .

Old
02-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusTheo View Post
Enough already dude.

Snow traded for Ehroffs rights but he wouldn't sign. He traded for Lubo. They've yet to have a legit off-season with their future secured in Brooklyn.
And why wouldn't he sign? Not because of the arena or uncertinty about their future, because he saw no dedication to fielding a winning hockey team. Players don't care where they play so long as they have a chance to win.

Am I the only one here that sees the move to Brooklyn does nothing except give them a new address? Players will not sign here until they see an dedication from ownership to win. Believe it or not, it is really that simple. Players see how this organization is run and do all they can to run in the other direction.

Until Wang decides to spend some money, hire qualified, experieinced hockey people to make hockey decisions, this franchise goes no where.

Looking at the bright side, the lines at all these great food options in Barclay's will be nice and short when the same 9,000 fans are showing up there by mid season.

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Chardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
And why wouldn't he sign? Not because of the arena or uncertinty about their future, because he saw no dedication to fielding a winning hockey team. Players don't care where they play so long as they have a chance to win.

Am I the only one here that sees the move to Brooklyn does nothing except give them a new address? Players will not sign here until they see an dedication from ownership to win. Believe it or not, it is really that simple. Players see how this organization is run and do all they can to run in the other direction.

Until Wang decides to spend some money, hire qualified, experieinced hockey people to make hockey decisions, this franchise goes no where.

Looking at the bright side, the lines at all these great food options in Barclay's will be nice and short when the same 9,000 fans are showing up there by mid season.

Actually, iirc, he didn't sign because Garth only offered a backloaded contract. He wanted to be paid now.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:

Maybe he wanted to play for an owner that didn't have the lowest revenue and didn't backload the contract. (And in front of actual people in seats). Never let facts get in the way of assumptions.

Yes, you're the only wacko that thinks things stay the same in Brooklyn. Why would you be delusional to want Wang to spend now with no revenue?

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:20 PM
blitzkriegs

Trade Okposo? Yeah right, you see his cap hit vs his cash salary? That's all you need to know as to why he ain't going anywhere and why he ain't friggin disciplined to perform better. You have Andy Murray (available NHL coach) behind the bench and Okposo's Isbister act will be whipped out of him or he's getting six minutes a night until he wakes the heck up.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Actually, iirc, he didn't sign because Garth only offered a backloaded contract. He wanted to be paid now.
Do you have a link to that?

I don't remeber that coming out at the time and after searching just now, all the articles I could find stated that Snow did not give out details of the proposed contract.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Do you have a link to that?

I don't remeber that coming out at the time and after searching just now, all the articles I could find stated that Snow did not give out details of the proposed contract.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=938437

Read through that thread you'll see some info on it.

Homeland Security is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Isles Fan

Thanks for the link.

After reading through it all it is clear Snow never disclosed what the Isles offer was. Katie Strange thought it was backended and it looks like everyone took that and ran with it. So the facts is no one but Snow and Wang really know what the offer was.

What I did find interesting is that Erhoff said he wanted to go where there was a chance to win. No mention of the arena or the unsettled location issues at the time.

Like I have been saying all along, players want to win. Plain and simple.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Renbarg

I went to his game.

The Islanders looked really, really good.

We won't have a problem if we play like this, each line looked pretty dangerous.

A couple of things stuck out for me.

-Slick move on that JT breakaway that led to a PS. The change was very schoolyardish.

- Powerplay looked good, they easily could have scored two or three.

- Vis looked good. He didn't take any unnecessary chances (which I was expecting). He looked solid and played very safe. He has a good shot which he showed once or twice. He also seemed to know where everyone was.

- Hickey looked very solid as well, impressed with him.

- I still haven't seen that 3rd goal that Nabby let in. But judging from what I have read on here it seems it looked just as bad as it did in person. I thought it may have changed directions, or he may have been bumped in the crease. I don't fault him for the other two though.

- I thought Okposo had a very good game. However, he is still pissing me off with his changes. He stays out there way too long. I guess the card he is playing is that he needs to stay on to have some numbers on the ice while the other two are changing. But its always him and he always ends up staying 10 or 15 seconds longer than his linemates.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote