HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton & Boston

Old
02-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Oiled up*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Easy no from Boston. Hall is good -- hasn't been great in his early career, but Lucic is a unique player that makes others around him taller. There simply isn't another Lucic in the league right now. Hamilton > Klefborn. Whitney has negative value.
Who cares though? Hall > Lucic no matter which way you slice it... and yeah Hamilton > than Klefbom atm but he has #2 potential and i would rather keep him as he is coming next year.

Regardless boston would be in cap hell because Whitney is in there for an obvious cap dump, no way in hell would they add that contract after they just got rid of Thomas's.
Makes no sense for both teams.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:54 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
Who cares though? Hall > Lucic no matter which way you slice it... and yeah Hamilton > than Klefbom atm but he has #2 potential and i would rather keep him as he is coming next year.

Regardless boston would be in cap hell because Whitney is in there for an obvious cap dump, no way in hell would they add that contract after they just got rid of Thomas's.
Makes no sense for both teams.
It's not nearly as cut and dry as your trying to make it. I'd take Lucic over Hall everyday of the week.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
MastuhNinks

Lucic > Klefbom, 2nd, Whitney
Hall >> Hamilton

Not sure why the Oilers would do this.

Edit: I have no idea why people think Looch's toughness makes him so ridiculously valuable. Would you also say Lucic is more valuable than Seguin? Because I'm pretty sure regardless of who you think is better Hall and Seguin are extremely close in value. Lucic is a 60 point powerforward who can fight, there are plenty of top 6 guys who can outproduce him and plenty of 4th liners who can fight. I'm not sure what's so insanely appealing about having the two combined that makes him worth more than a 1st overall pick, he's a unique player but the fact that he can do what a cheap 4th line scrapper does and sit in the box for 5 minutes does not make him as valuable as a potential superstar.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Lessy

Don't see how you can argue that Lucic has more trade value than Hall. If Boston fans try to argue this they can ask themselves who they deem more valuable on the trade market between Seguin and Lucic.

This is an easy no from the Oilers and probably an easy no from the Bruins as well. Boston is trying to win now and Lucic is probably a more important piece on their roster at the moment given their style of play than Taylor Hall would be. He's also viewed as a god in New England. Hamilton is a better piece than Klefbom and is also the better player right now so certainly no reason for the Bruins to budge in that area.

For the Oilers Taylor Hall is the best player/piece in the trade and a huge part of their future. Obviously they need to get bigger but there's a few poor man's Milan Lucic's available in UFA this summer. Clowe, Clarkson, Morrow, Horton, Iginla for instance. I think it'd be a better idea to try and sign one of those guys than trade one of your core pieces to get bigger/tougher at the expense of offense and upside. Hamilton is an upgrade over Klefbom but not enough to justify the movement from Hall to Lucic.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
It's not nearly as cut and dry as your trying to make it. I'd take Lucic over Hall everyday of the week.
We all know what Lucic brings to a team and that is a very valuable asset. I would love to have him on my team, but i believe a Hall for Lucic trade straight up is a clear loss for us in value...

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:35 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Terrible, no offense. Thanks but no thanks from the Bruins.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
You'd trade Lucic for Bobby Ryan? I think you're alone on that one.
How much Bobby Ryan have you watched? He's a better skater, shooter, passer and can lay the body just as good as Lucic.

I'm sorry I am as big a B's fan as anyone but I can definitely say that Bruins fans overrate him to an absurd degree even though he's gotten much better at being a complete player.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:04 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prajna View Post
Common sense from an Oiler fan.
This isn't common sense. Hall is the most valuable player in that deal by quite a bit.

I agree that Boston would say no, but Edmonton would probably say no as well.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
We all know what Lucic brings to a team and that is a very valuable asset. I would love to have him on my team, but i believe a Hall for Lucic trade straight up is a clear loss for us in value...
Same here from the Bruins.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Pucklington

Stop making proposals. They're terrible.

Pucklington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Oates2Neely

Lucic is off limits. He IS the Boston Bruins. He represents confidence,, swagger, Lucic fills an important role on the Bruins that Hall would not. Hall is a heck of a player, but Marchand Seguin and Krejci are skilled enough, Hall would be redundant, not enough to entice Boston to move Lucic.

Hamilton and Klefblom? Do I even need to explain?

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Lucic is off limits. He IS the Boston Bruins. He represents confidence,, swagger, Lucic fills an important role on the Bruins that Hall would not. Hall is a heck of a player, but Marchand Seguin and Krejci are skilled enough, Hall would be redundant, not enough to entice Boston to move Lucic.

Hamilton and Klefblom? Do I even need to explain?
No...he's not. If anyone, Patrice Bergeron is.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
How many 60 point Power Forwards in the NHL?

Old
02-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
And why make this Lucic vs. Bergeron? This is Lucic's value to Boston vs Halls' value to Boston

Old
02-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
And why make this Lucic vs. Bergeron? This is Lucic's value to Boston vs Halls' value to Boston
I'll end this by saying it's Chara. Now back on topic!

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:35 PM
topcat986*

No from both sides.

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
How many 60 point Power Forwards in the NHL?
Would you trade Tyler Seguin for Ryane Clowe?

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:38 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
put it this way. Hall is easily replaced on the Oil by Eberle/RNH/Yakupov. Lucic is not replaced on the Bruins. Horton was a lesser Lucic until the concussion so if Lucic were moved we'd have no one to take his spot. He is not easily replaceable. That's why his value is so high to the Bruins and is likely overrated by us Bruins fans but it's for a reason. Without him we'd have the same problem the Oilers have now. A lot of smaller skilled forwards and no one to protect them on the top lines. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Hall but not at the expense of Lucic and not even straight up.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:55 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Would you trade Tyler Seguin for Ryane Clowe?
Do a "Would you rather Ryan Clowe or Milan Lucic" poll. If I had to make a guess. It would be heavily one sided.

Basically Seguin isn't to Hall as Clowe is to Lucic.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:01 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Overpayment to Boston.
Hall>=Lucic
Klefbom=Hamilton

Don't really see the purpose either.
UMMM ... based on his play, I wouldn't put Hamliton being equal to Klefbom. I'd say Hamilton > Klefblom.

Overpayment, maybe. Remember, Boston would be getting the dog in this deal in Whitney.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:14 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Lucic > Klefbom, 2nd, Whitney
Hall >> Hamilton

Not sure why the Oilers would do this.

Edit: I have no idea why people think Looch's toughness makes him so ridiculously valuable. Would you also say Lucic is more valuable than Seguin? Because I'm pretty sure regardless of who you think is better Hall and Seguin are extremely close in value. Lucic is a 60 point powerforward who can fight, there are plenty of top 6 guys who can outproduce him and plenty of 4th liners who can fight. I'm not sure what's so insanely appealing about having the two combined that makes him worth more than a 1st overall pick, he's a unique player but the fact that he can do what a cheap 4th line scrapper does and sit in the box for 5 minutes does not make him as valuable as a potential superstar.
His peers voted him the toughest guy to play against in the nhl, that carries a good deal of weight. That to me is a physiological advantage over players/teams. He can get guys off there game by just being on the ice. I mean for gods sake buffalo revamped there entire roster cause of him lol

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Montecristo

in the oilers-bruins sense, how about paajarvi for ference. ference is a bottom pairing defenseman but has a lot of veteran leadership and experience, 2 stanley cup appearances. paajarvi is a disappointing player who seems to have fallen behind hall, eberle, RNH and yakupov in edmontons youth movement. he needs a change of scenery. the bruins need a 3rd line winger who can score. i think it works for both teams.

Montecristo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Ozamataz Buckshank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
in the oilers-bruins sense, how about paajarvi for ference. ference is a bottom pairing defenseman but has a lot of veteran leadership and experience, 2 stanley cup appearances. paajarvi is a disappointing player who seems to have fallen behind hall, eberle, RNH and yakupov in edmontons youth movement. he needs a change of scenery. the bruins need a 3rd line winger who can score. i think it works for both teams.
Main problem here is the Bruins defensive depth sucks. They literally have 6 NHL caliber D-men, and that's calling Dougie NHL caliber already.

Ozamataz Buckshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselForSelke View Post
Main problem here is the Bruins defensive depth sucks. They literally have 6 NHL caliber D-men, and that's calling Dougie NHL caliber already.
I think Krug has played very well lately in providence. He soon will deserve a shot at the NHL level. although he isn't big, the bruins could use a PP quarterback and he is pretty tough never shying away from contact. And its not a stretch to call dougie NHL ready, he is. exelby has experience and aaron johnson is suitable in a pinch.

Montecristo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
A second round pick over a year away. That's a step back when you're trying to win in the "Chara" window.

Whitney has been absolutely brutal this year. He may never be the same again.

Right now Hamilton and Looch make more sense than Hall and a player not in the NHL right now. Regardless of how good a prospect he is he doesn't help the Bruins now. It's one great piece, an awful salary dump and two futures for two roster players one being the best pure powerforward in the league and a fantastic rookie with sky high potential.

Makes no sense for Boston while they try and win now with Chara.
That's a pretty questionable statement... I'd take players like Ryan Callahan, Gabriel Landeskog, Dustin Brown, David Backes, Alex Ovechkin over Lucic, & I picked these players because, along with Lucic, they all had over 200 hits last season

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote