HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

XII | "C-C-C-COLUMBO BREAKER" | Oilers @ BJs | 2.10.13 | 4:00PM MT | SNET-W

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
  #76
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,129
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
Or if the "veterans" didnt constantly snob him on the PP..Yakupov is a bit like Stamkos, you gotta get him the puck and he Will wire it home..he's not unselfish but the most unselfish thing he can do for this team is to be Selfish with the puck..
You think Adam Oates got upset with Brett Hull when Hull didnt pass it back? Not a chance
If you put him on the point with Shultz, he'll get the puck.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:22 PM
  #77
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg
 
Ser Woof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11,262
vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Man, you have a lot of posts either defending Hemsky or pumping him up. I don't think that he or RNH have been all that effective on the PP especially lately.
Hemsky just like RNH has been holding on to the puck too long or is trying high risk passes. I don't see him being a much better option, i would rather see RNH try to work through his struggles

As for the D pairings. I'm not sure why Krueger basically promoted Potter. He is now going to get more important minutes against tougher competiton playing with Smid, could be a disaster. I don't understand the infactuation with Potter, it's baffling.
I understand that Petry has been struggling but i would rather that he and Smid get an opportunity to work through their struggles.
Just trying to balance out all the unwarranted hate for this player. I'd spend time doing the same for Hall and Gagner as well but that'd be a full time job I think Hemsky looks better on the right half boards rather than the left, at least in the couple instances he's been put there on the #1 PP unit this season. Though, getting away from Whitney helps as well, I'm sure. Either option (RNH or Hemsky) works for me, I just figure if Kreuger is gonna mix and match lines, he might as well mix and match on the PP as well to try and get it going.

And completely agree on Potter. This reminds me of MacTavish's infatuation with Toby Petersen.

Ser Woof is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:25 PM
  #78
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Sent down to the minors.
Blue Jackets suppose starting lineup from the O.P. and the Jackets board

Prospal-Anisimov-Letestu
Umberger-Brassard-Dorsett
Calvert-Dubinsky-Foligno
Gillies-MacKenzie-Boll

Johnson-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Nikitin
Erixon-Goloubef
Ok, well EBs isn't allowed to fight anyone on that Roster...I guess Gagner could beat up Foligno though.

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:32 PM
  #79
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
do you have a kid?
if yes, will you forbid him/her to be happy if Oilers win today?
You stated that to a pretty balanced poster who I've seen maintain positivity when the whole board blows up but who maintains a realistic viewpoint.

A win against Columbus, and success scoring, would be no more indicative then beating up on some of the AHL patsies earlier this season.

Its what this club does in most of the games against reasonable squads that is more indicative.

Replacement is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:34 PM
  #80
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,129
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Ok, well EBs isn't allowed to fight anyone on that Roster...I guess Gagner could beat up Foligno though.
I wish we had their blueline...

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:34 PM
  #81
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
Reason why RNH isnt producing is because he's been stuck in between two fancy boyz trying to dangle each time they get the puck wanting to be on tsns highlight of the night but in the end they end up looking no better than O'Sullivan and Robert Niilson..
Last year Hall and Eberle were just trying to score, to win..this year all the hype seems to have gone to their heads..

RNH is playing great defensively and trying to keep it simple offensively but both his linemates have their heads way to far up where they shouldnt be..
Theyre young, it happens...but they need to remember what it took to put up those points last year, the highlight reel goals came as a result of hard work, doing whatever it took to score..

I like RNH and Yak together becausr both players have been just trying to help the team..sure Yak looks as lil lost here and there but its not because a lack of effort, hes a rookie and hes improving each game...
I like all our players, and understand they are very young..young and talented is usually attached with egos..if Yak puts up 20 goals this year he may be tryin to be overly pretty next year like hall and Eberle are this year..

All they need to do is shoot more, create more traffic, get some garbage goals..

Loved Eberle's effort yesterday against Datsyuk..there he reminded me of the Eberle of last season...

I also remember Eberle starting off slow last year, then once he got hot everythin went in..

Right now J.Willis is lovin Eberles low shooting %...I think today it changes for the better..
If not, I've got 12 beers to cover the pain.
What basic fallacy.

Somehow in your universe Hall and Eberle are holding RNH down despite each having twice as many pts as RNH and actually, you know, scoring goals while RNH is flubbing anything coming his way and hasn't scored a goal in his last 21 games.


Last edited by DaveG: 02-10-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: unnecessary
Replacement is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:36 PM
  #82
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
It's funny, Columbus beats Detroit, Detroit beats us, and then Detroit beats the defending Stanley Cup Champs (who we also beat as well).

Where does that leave Columbus vs. Edmonton?

The only thing I know is if we take this team lightly this game is going to get ugly and very quick IMO.

They skate and hit hard, despite not being very tatented.

SDig14 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:37 PM
  #83
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,977
vCash: 500
The lines changes make sense to me. Whether or not they work is another story... we'll see.

Asher is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:37 PM
  #84
OilCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Pretty excited for the second line of Yaks-Nuge-Ebs. Hopefully RNH can end his dry streak and score one (or a few!) today. Today is a must win.

OilCity is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:39 PM
  #85
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
I'm not saying that he won't start scoring goals (I mean, look at his slow start last year) but right now we're paying for all of our unsustainable shooting percentage quips regarding Eberle. Par for the course in OilerLand.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
  #86
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
If Whitney is out, I really hope Schultz gets to play on both power play units.

Potter has horrible offensive instincts and single handily ruined half of a power play in the Dallas game.
I don't know why they won't give Petry a shot. Isn't he supposed to be a somewhat offensive player?

Asher is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
  #87
Great One
Registered User
 
Great One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
I'm actually a little disappointed Kreuger decided to sit Whitney tonight. I've been on Whitney's case as much as anyone else this year but I think he actually played decent last night. Definitely his best game of the year. I would have been happier to sit Potter and see how Whitney responds to not being a total scrub for one game.

Great One is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:41 PM
  #88
oilers4cup
No More Koolade
 
oilers4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Last place
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,259
vCash: 50
I'm betting 100 v cash on the oilers until I win or lose all my v cash not sure which will come first

oilers4cup is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:45 PM
  #89
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
do you have a kid?
if yes, will you forbid him/her to be happy if Oilers win today?
That's brilliant!

Asher is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:51 PM
  #90
TopCookie
Registered User
 
TopCookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
3-0 oil. Dubnyk with the shutout

TopCookie is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
  #91
Enlighten
Registered User
 
Enlighten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
Big breakout game coming today I feel it. 7-2 oil 😀

Enlighten is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:55 PM
  #92
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down
 
oilers2k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
What basic fallacy.

Somehow in your universe Hall and Eberle are holding RNH down despite each having twice as many pts as RNH and actually, you know, scoring goals while RNH is flubbing anything coming his way and hasn't scored a goal in his last 21 games.

How you came to your conclusion is beyond comprehension. You got it entirely bassackwards.
RNH is half the reason Hall and Eberle have those points cuz he's saving their ass in the defensive zone, which a good center should do..

Most of Hall and Eberle's points have come on the PP..5 on 5 their play leaves alot to be desired right now..RNH as always is doing all the little things right, if the other two were more concerned about doing the little things right and less about trying to make fancy dancy moves all the time this team might have a few more even strength goals..

oilers2k10 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:57 PM
  #93
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
A few thoughts...

-As bad as Whitney has been this year, Potter has been worse. This includes yesterday against the Wings. HF loves to pick on Whitney (and rightfully so) because of his contract and because he is supposed to be much better than what he's played like to this point. I don't see how Potter has played any better than him though and the thing with Potter is he has no game to find. Whitney at least has some upside and can make a decent outlet pass. They are both horrible NHL players at this point but I'd question anyone who thinks Potter is a better option than Whitney straight up at this point.

-Surprised how many people are blaming our PP shortcomings on RNH. Against Detroit I saw a team that struggled to get their powerplay setup because of terrible puck support. Teams are going to key in and force us to shoot the puck in which is fine. It's inexcusable however to have the puck shot in and one Oiler going to retrieve it against 2 PKers and that happened multiple times yesterday. For as dangerous as we are when we get it setup we're equally awful obtaining possession on our dump-ins. The whole purpose of the extra skater is to use him to outman the opposition on those shoot-ins and when we have one guy on the puck with four players watching from the perimeter you're going to get a powerplay that struggles and it's certainly not RNH's fault.

Lessy is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 02:59 PM
  #94
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
poor, Yak, from one set of anchors to another.
Ebs is a sniper as well, but i think this line can get going. Ebs and RNH likes to pass the puck and im pretty sure Yaks will be getting the puck more... RNH and Ebs could heal the bleeding with the somewhat suspect defensive play with Yakupov and that should = a scary ass line... lets hope atleast.

Oiled up* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 03:00 PM
  #95
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I don't like that Smid and Petry were broken up.

I hope they settle their differences soon and kiss and makeup.
You forgot the I hope.

czar99 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
  #96
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
RNH is half the reason Hall and Eberle have those points cuz he's saving their ass in the defensive zone, which a good center should do..

Most of Hall and Eberle's points have come on the PP..5 on 5 their play leaves alot to be desired right now..RNH as always is doing all the little things right, if the other two were more concerned about doing the little things right and less about trying to make fancy dancy moves all the time this team might have a few more even strength goals..
You specifically posted that Hall and Eberle were holding back RNH's production. Everything in your post was staing that. Now you're moving the goal posts and talking about defence?

How about admitting you're wrong?

Replacement is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
  #97
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,499
vCash: 500
This needs to be added somewhere in the OP :

SephF is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 03:14 PM
  #98
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
A few thoughts...

-As bad as Whitney has been this year, Potter has been worse. This includes yesterday against the Wings. HF loves to pick on Whitney (and rightfully so) because of his contract and because he is supposed to be much better than what he's played like to this point. I don't see how Potter has played any better than him though and the thing with Potter is he has no game to find. Whitney at least has some upside and can make a decent outlet pass. They are both horrible NHL players at this point but I'd question anyone who thinks Potter is a better option than Whitney straight up at this point.

-Surprised how many people are blaming our PP shortcomings on RNH. Against Detroit I saw a team that struggled to get their powerplay setup because of terrible puck support. Teams are going to key in and force us to shoot the puck in which is fine. It's inexcusable however to have the puck shot in and one Oiler going to retrieve it against 2 PKers and that happened multiple times yesterday. For as dangerous as we are when we get it setup we're equally awful obtaining possession on our dump-ins. The whole purpose of the extra skater is to use him to outman the opposition on those shoot-ins and when we have one guy on the puck with four players watching from the perimeter you're going to get a powerplay that struggles and it's certainly not RNH's fault.
Its certainly not RNH's fault that every other topsix forward on the club has in the range of 4, 5, 6 5 on 4 pts. and RNH has one sole second assist.

Or that he hasn't scored ANY goals in 21 GP.

Must be bad luck, aberration,

Replacement is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM
  #99
raab
Where's the Hart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
I'm actually a little disappointed Kreuger decided to sit Whitney tonight. I've been on Whitney's case as much as anyone else this year but I think he actually played decent last night. Definitely his best game of the year. I would have been happier to sit Potter and see how Whitney responds to not being a total scrub for one game.
Scouts might have seen something they liked, he could be getting shipped out of town.

raab is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 03:20 PM
  #100
Expatriate
Registered User
 
Expatriate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 678
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Countdown to full blown meltdown.
Yup, if we lose to the Jackets the PGT will look like this


Expatriate is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.