Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
I blame this thread.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:38 PM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 667
Can we have a mod close this thread? This thread has bad mojo oozing from it.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 487
At least Ben Street looked okay. Sadly the only optimistic thing I could say about tonight's game.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:42 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
I'm with ^^these^^ guys. No more happy threads until there's something to be happy about, like the playoffs.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:37 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57

Old
02-10-2013, 01:42 AM
tfong

The thread has come to haunt us!

Old
02-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Flames92

We won 2 straight games, one of them against the wings in which we lost our starting goalie and then we struggle to get a W against arguably the worst team in the league on paper. I don't how that sparks the idea to make a thread like this? The game against Vancouver was absolutely horrible, but christ people need to stop writing the season when we haven't even played 10 games yet. We lose 2 games people start making threads asking who should we draft? and then we win TWO games where only one of them was a convincing effort and we get a thread like this... Seriously wtf, nobody knows if were a basement team or a playoff team yet.. Its too early to tell.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:36 AM
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Lol you guys are ****ing pathetic - we get blown out by one of the league's best teams when we are missing Kipper, Backlund, Cammy, and Baertschi. Our recent point-getters in Hudler and Iggy go MIA for a night and all of a sudden we have absolutely zero reason to be happy and the sky is falling and oh my god jinx jinx jinx blow it up its all this threads fault wah wah wah.

Get over yourselves. There's still a lot to be excited for and going through our yearly beatdown from Vancouver - albeit missing some of our recent impact players and having others go MIA - doesn't change anything. If you don't think having Hartley on board in conjunction with our offseason moves is going to give us any improvement from last year, you need to get your head checked. Serious. This board sometimes...

Glad to see hysterics set in when we face adversity.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:15 AM
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Seriously. Reading through the Nucks GDT you guys should be ****ing ashamed of yourselves. I think the behaviour of 90% of the people in here is far worse than the Flames performance last night.

Us winning 2/3 is the best we could expect. We **** all over Detroit, squeak one out vs CBJ, get blown out by Vancouver. Can we expect any different? No. Are we world-beaters? No. Is this an overall improvement from last year? Yes. If we keep up this pace, can we make the playoffs? Yes. Should all of you quit your ****ing hysterics whenever things turn south? Please.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Mr. 'Fro,

You criticize them for over reacting and then you do the same thing here. What sense does that make? If you want to call someone out for their reaction then that's cool, but by doing in such a melodramatic way won't do anything but annoy those people.

But you are right, 4/6 on the road trip is a good road trip. And another 4/6 is very possible on the 3 game home stand coming up. Actually even though the rest of the month I think every game is winnable (of course we won't win them all), but I do believe getting 14/20 in those 10 games is a realistic goal in my opinion.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:06 AM
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Fair enough, there's a good amount of irony in my posting. I do need to cut back on my own hysterics.

The point still stands though... its not as if we are never going to get beat and never see ugly games. We had an ugly game against a great team while A) having injuries to some important players and B) having our other impact players go MIA for a night. Its no surprise the game ended 5-1... but by reading the GDT you'd think we were back to square one under Butter again. You can call this a jinx thread but to be honest going into a game vs Vancouver in our situation had great potential to end in a mess, jinx or not. Pointing out that we have reasons to be happy doesn't mean we're doomed to eternal failure.

Things are looking up and people just can't see the forest for the trees. Big picture, guys - we're still going to have stinkers just as any team will, but mark my words this season will be an improvement. I literally stated in the OP that it was almost silly to start it after only winning two straight games. My point was that in the long run, this team has improved. We have good reason to be hopeful and any hand-wringing, superstition and despair is unfounded at this point.

We can be miserable, or we can be hopeful. Simple choice to make, and it has nothing to do with ignoring facts or reality.

Last edited by fallsviewafro*: 02-10-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old
02-10-2013, 11:16 AM
nogger
Can't stop the #dust

Optimistic about a top 3 pick!

Old
02-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Thumper17

Replace "Oooo ancient wall street" with "Ooooo, Flames Fans!" and the DOW: Marker with "Flames Lose" and "Flames Win"

Old
02-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Flames92

This team is definitely better then what we had last year IMO, is it a reason to be optimistic? sure but to a certain point. We have many important players that are sidelined with injuries and if this team is to make the playoffs we need those guys. Calling this thread a jinx is absolutely ridiculous, I mean cmon do u think the flames would of won if this thread wasn't made?

It is a little premature to be making an optimism thread after 2 wins where we were lets say "fortunate" to get the 2nd one. Other teams reading a thread like this must be laughing at us, as this team has not proved anything yet to show they belong in the top 8. We got destroyed by a tired/depleted Colorado team that even the most biased Avs fan would predict us to win. Sure we played a great effort against Chicago and it was a game to be excited about but don't forget Chicago was on a back-to-back and it was not a fresh and energized Blackhawks team. So sure they have showed some glimpses of how good this team can really be but they also showed how bad they can be as well.

The point is, with 9 games played and 3 wins, I don't see why we are so "optimistic" and its not just directed to this thread its also directed to the "blow it up" threads. Its a new coaching system with a lot of new things to learn so I don't have a reason to be optimistic or a reason to think were getting a lottery pick just yet, give the team another 10-15 games around the mid-way point of the season so we can see what kind of a team we really have.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Sean Monahan
Daz One

Once Cervenka finds his touch he will go on a tear.... He's forcing it too much right now but he's definitely one of the most skilled guys on the team

Old
02-10-2013, 02:18 PM
MarkGio

Last night reminded me of the same old Flames. While I'll admit the Flames have looked better under Hartely, obviously they have the same issues of arriving to games ready to play when the back-up is in net

Old
02-10-2013, 02:49 PM
RA9

2/3 ain't bad. Sure we kind of shat the bed last night, but I have some kind of hope under Hartley, unlike I in the Butter era.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:08 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
We lost a game that we didn't even think we would win. I'm not worried. We had a bad night but I think we will win 2 out of the next 3.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:57 PM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Its not the fact we lost, its the way we lost that worries me. Like I said in the GDT I just hope that this inconsistency is the team learning a new system, but recent history would lead me to believe otherwise.

And before anyone jumps on me, I realize the sky is not falling. I have a feeling it will be if this team isn't consistently better by the end of the month, though.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:01 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
Its not the fact we lost, its the way we lost that worries me. Like I said in the GDT I just hope that this inconsistency is the team learning a new system, but recent history would lead me to believe otherwise.

And before anyone jumps on me, I realize the sky is not falling. I have a feeling it will be if this team isn't consistently better by the end of the month, though.
I agree I expected the loss, but the fact outside of maybe 4 or 5 players nobody seemed to care about the game or the fact that we lost.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:07 PM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 667
The jinx of this stupid thread persists.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Sean Monahan
Daz One

Mods please remove

Old
02-11-2013, 11:54 PM
MarkGio

That strange feeling you had was indigestion. Next time take some Pepto.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:57 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 137

Old
02-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
The Flames haven't won a game since this thread was made. Coincidence? I think not.

Closed Thread