HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

XII | "C-C-C-COLUMBO BREAKER" | Oilers @ BJs | 2.10.13 | 4:00PM MT | SNET-W

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
This needs to be added somewhere in the OP :
Nice of Holland to do a power point presentation to Tambo on how to be a GM. When I look at this gif I pretend Holland is just berating Tambo instead of the screen.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
Yup, if we lose to the Jackets the PGT will look like this

With good reason.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Expatriate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Nice of Holland to do a power point presentation to Tambo on how to be a GM. When I look at this gif I pretend Holland is just berating Tambo instead of the screen.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Maybe he's sitting Whitney because he's supposed to be decent. Kreuger already knows Potter is consistently terrible. Whitney can do better. Potter can't. It's sad really.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:42 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I realize that Belanger is back but is Smyth seriously going to be our 4th center until Horc or Lander are available?

Old
02-10-2013, 05:04 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Maybe he's sitting Whitney because he's supposed to be decent. Kreuger already knows Potter is consistently terrible. Whitney can do better. Potter can't. It's sad really.
That's the thing, Whitney can't get better, you can see it. He lost his foot speed which was his best attribute, and we've now found out that he is probably the weakest player on their stick in the entire NHL. I've seen him get his stick lifted by someone with one hand on the stick during the Detroit game yesterday. If he can't skate, and can't move the puck without getting it taken from him, he is completely useless to us. At least Potter isn't afraid to throw a hit.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:06 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
This needs to be added somewhere in the OP :
Funny, the worst GM of all time and the Best GM of all time.

baby steps tamby baby steps

Old
02-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
Yup, if we lose to the Jackets the PGT will look like this

and rightfully so. with the talent the oilers have and the supposed continuing development, plus the playing time they got in the AHL, there isn't any reason to have lost as many in a row as they already have. the past three #1 picks, Eberle, Schultz, Hemsky, etc. and the oilers are barely averaging 2 goals a game?

there is no reason why this should be a lottery team this year. none.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Funny, the worst GM of all time and the Best GM of all time.

baby steps tamby baby steps
Mike Milbury says hi.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
I realize that Belanger is back but is Smyth seriously going to be our 4th center until Horc or Lander are available?
why would oiler management do it any other way?
god forbid they risk trading some of their future talent for a player who could actually help now.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmask83 View Post
Mike Milbury says hi.
What were his places?

I don't think he finshed dead last, dead last and 2nd last did he?

Old
02-10-2013, 05:15 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
why would oiler management do it any other way?
god forbid they risk trading some of their future talent for a player who could actually help now.
They don't even have to trade anyone. They could sign Brendan Morrison or Daymond Langkow to play on our third line until Horcoff comes back and then put them on waivers.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
You stated that to a pretty balanced poster who I've seen maintain positivity when the whole board blows up but who maintains a realistic viewpoint.

A win against Columbus, and success scoring, would be no more indicative then beating up on some of the AHL patsies earlier this season.

Its what this club does in most of the games against reasonable squads that is more indicative.
you sir are a notorious glass-half-empty, i won't have you as an advisor to how i should react to the not-so-often-occurring event of team i support winning a game. sorry and thank you.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Jmask83

Quote:
What were his places?

There are far worse GMs out there. Sure we have finished last but he has not traded our good young players for ageing veterans just to finish 9th.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
and rightfully so. with the talent the oilers have and the supposed continuing development, plus the playing time they got in the AHL, there isn't any reason to have lost as many in a row as they already have. the past three #1 picks, Eberle, Schultz, Hemsky, etc. and the oilers are barely averaging 2 goals a game?

there is no reason why this should be a lottery team this year. none.
Agree, it's mindboggling how a team with this much fire power can be 23rd overall in G/G

Old
02-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
What were his places?

Doesn't matter when you sign Yashin and DiPietro to long term deals and trade assets like Chara and Luongo for peanuts. lol

Sure they haven't been the worst team ever, but when you're that bad for that long... Something has to give...

Old
02-10-2013, 05:25 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmask83 View Post
There are far worse GMs out there. Sure we have finished last but he has not traded our good young players for ageing veterans just to finish 9th.
I suppose its how you want to measure a GM. even with all his terrible moves Milbury still hasn't ice a product as bad a Tamby, i doubt any GM will for a while.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
you sir are a notorious glass-half-empty, i won't have you as an advisor to how i should react to the not-so-often-occurring event of team i support winning a game. sorry and thank you.
Translation: I dislike Omark..

Old
02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
I suppose its how you want to measure a GM. even with all his terrible moves Milbury still hasn't ice a product as bad a Tamby, i doubt any GM will for a while.
Tambi would literally have to trade Nuge, Ebs, Hall, Yakupov and Schultz for 30somethings in the AHL to have the track record like Milbury. Don't be so dense and look at the moves that guy made...

Old
02-10-2013, 05:35 PM
BadMedicine*

Better Intuative Dynamic Analysis applied to the line combonations I see here, excellent moves. Very nice example of pro-active planning and adjustments.

Hall and Hemmer are going to dominate, they need to use just two basic plays and hammer them home all night long, maybe for fun they should decide to feed Gagner the puck all night long for 60 mins non-stop because those two are such fast dominant players they can seriously provide Gagner with one quality high percentage shot on net every possesion. This line could be a sleeper if they work together because they have dominant speed and 3 shooters who know how to spread defenses open.

Yakupov is going to see what it is like to be on a line with a player like Ebbs who can force defenses to react to him and what it is like to play with a pure passer like Nuge, Nuge will put the puck on Yakupovs stick in places no one else can put it, now its Yakupov who will need to try to keep up to RNHs speed of thinking and reacting.
Eberle is a very underrated passer and if he and Nuge get Yakupov rocking anything can happen today. I see some serious chemistry potential here that we may have overlooked this year.

The 3rd line will score today , that line is a nice mix of size speed and truculence. They will not be denied because they keep it simple and work hard.

Hopefully J.Schultz keeps getting the greenlight for all 60 mins because his threat really breaks teams down and forces them to react. Knowing he is sniping from out there seems to break teams spirits somehow.

Lets see Halls onetimers off of Hemmer passes from behind the net, lets see Gagner re-directing some sweet Hall passes into the open back-door.

Lets see Yakupov being keyed on for 60 full mins by Nuge and Ebbs, the Kid might have a record night with them.

Lets see MPS and Harti keep giving us a preview of our future third line and lets see Magnus keep driving to the net through guys instead of around them he is getting stronger by the month it seems and really maturing. Lets see Harti staying active with the puck and wreaking havoc in the middle and the front of the net.

Lets see Chabot do his job and help Dubby figure out how and why the current system execution is exposing him to the mid range wristers while he is down on his knees for the last 7 or 8 games. either we adjust the defense or we adjust Dudby but we need to get on it ASAP as they will target this area early and often as it is a system generated weak spot.

I say we blow them out 7-3.

We need to focus on scorng a greasy net front hard work goal very early and until we get the first goal we need to stay focused on those net front scrambles. We need to earn the right to put the pedal down and open it up offensively by scoring the first goal the traditional greasy way. But once we have the lead we need to open it up 100% and go for the kill immediatly, if they tie us then its back to the greasy work till we earn the chance to open up again, we dont keep the pedal down if they tie it up, we adjust to the dynamics as they happen.

Lets see some fast shots, some onetimer redirections, scoop shots into the back door open net type of shot selections. Maybe tonight we can assign a forward with a very heavy slapshot to blast em at the crossbar from the middle all night to keep the goalie awake, just one guy all night and just from the middle as he slides eastéwest, never as he is stopped because that results in shot blocks that go the other way naturally. The key is just one guy all night to draw the tender into a pattern that might become useful late in the game when he is tired and worn down and we can catch him cheating a little.

Magnus needs to key on working off of Hartis ability to tie the puck up on the half-boards, he needs to take those pucks from harti and drive those three steps to the net and drive the puck in using low shots and his speed and size. Bellanger will always be dropping back to cover defensively so MPS and Harti are free to attack , as soon as MPS takes the puck and drives the net Harti has to recover and explode in behind him because Magnus will be shooting low to leave sympathetic rebounds for his support, so it is critical that Harti come off the half- boards as fast as he can right behind Magnus who will be driving the net every time.

If Hall lets Gagner pressure the middle and comes in as an upspeed support man and goes to the back door just as hemmer is rounding the net we will see fireworks because the tender will be forced to watch Hall
screaming in at the back door and this will open up the shot for hemmer short side as he comes round the net every rush, Halls speed will force the goalie to cheat or get burned. If a d-man comes up and Hall stays back twenty feet so he can come in late this line could be lethal all night long. Just pound it into the back door for 60 minutes with gagner in front trying to get the first deflection if hemmer passes before he rounds the net and hall covering the back door as an upspeed man if it slips by Gagner. Just this one play repeated is worth at least two goals over 60 mins from this line.
Go Oilers !!!

Last edited by BadMedicine*: 02-10-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old
02-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Crabapple

vCash: 898
Good chance today to break out of a few funks. I hope we score lots of goals.
5-1 Oilers
Hall, Hall, Eberle, MPS, Hartsi

Old
02-10-2013, 05:45 PM
#ualberta

This game marks the quarter point of the season for us. I fully believe we will win. It's been unbelievably frustrating watching my team lose the past 5 games. We must turn it around.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:46 PM
oilers4cup
Col. Klink

@smitchcd: #Oilers F Taylor Hall wearing helmet for warmups. Helmet-less Hall took 30 stiches to head in bizarre pregame accident here last January.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Is HallofGreatness at this game ?

Old
02-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Dabomb

REALLY excited to see what Yak can do with Nuge and Ebs

Closed Thread