HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

NFL offseason News & Notes Thread (FA Frenzy 2k13)

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 10:19 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Lions to release Titus Young today.
Smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Rams claimed Titus Young

Not so smart.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:35 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Today is Sunday and there is no football. This is just the WORST. Maybe this is why the Pro Bowl always seemed better when it was after the Super Bowl.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Today is Sunday and there is no football. This is just the WORST. Maybe this is why the Pro Bowl always seemed better when it was after the Super Bowl.
Yeah this first weekend of no football is always the hardest

Cant wait til draft

Old
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

I accepted the loss of football a few weeks ago

It'll be back before you know it

I mean I love football as much as the next guy but I also enjoy other sports too

Old
02-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Vikings will try to trade Percy Harvin

They traded Moss to Oakland 8 years ago and were never able to replace him. Harvin isn't Moss, not even close, but this would be a terrible decision.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

They traded Moss to Oakland 8 years ago and were never able to replace him. Harvin isn't Moss, not even close, but this would be a terrible decision.
I can't believe that was 8 years ago already.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:30 PM
JCD

Quote:

WRs are gutter sludge already. Losing the one legit top-3 WR is a painfully dumb move.

That said, it was pretty evident something was wrong when the team put him on the IR for a minor injury. Looked like the end then.

Vikes better be gearing up for a big off-season... a Carlson-signing showing won't cut it.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
WRs are gutter sludge already. Losing the one legit top-3 WR is a painfully dumb move.

That said, it was pretty evident something was wrong when the team put him on the IR for a minor injury. Looked like the end then.

Vikes better be gearing up for a big off-season... a Carlson-signing showing won't cut it.
Harvin definitely has issues but you can't just dump him for a 2nd round pick. A team like the Packers could get rid of him because they have another 3 or 4 guys who can step up and they won't miss anything. A team like the Vikings can't do that.

The Jennings to Vikings speculation has already begun. Big upgrade over what we currently have but he's a 30 year old receiver coming off a season where he had a bunch of injuries. Jennings alone won't be enough and that will be a contract they'll end up regretting sooner rather than later.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Calling it now

Devin Hester to Vikes on a 3 yr deal

Old
02-10-2013, 06:44 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:

It is a dumb move but I think Harvin is becoming a major distraction for Minnesota, given last off-season and this season. Furthermore, he never has shown the ability to stay healthy. If he could stay on the field and also practice, he might be something but he's always a game time decision or has some lingering issue.

Meh.

And I don't think the Vikings will pick up Hester. It's possible but Spielman is building a different team than in the past.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:28 PM
JCD

Quote:
Harvin definitely has issues but you can't just dump him for a 2nd round pick. A team like the Packers could get rid of him because they have another 3 or 4 guys who can step up and they won't miss anything. A team like the Vikings can't do that.

The Jennings to Vikings speculation has already begun. Big upgrade over what we currently have but he's a 30 year old receiver coming off a season where he had a bunch of injuries. Jennings alone won't be enough and that will be a contract they'll end up regretting sooner rather than later.
Jennings would be a terrible move IMO. WRs do not age well and he is already showing signs of wearing down. He is a buyer beware option. I think he would be a good risk as a #2 somewhere... but the Vikes would almost certainly be looking at him to replace Harvin atop the depth chart and pay accordingly.

Agreed that this is a shortsighted decision. IIRC Harvin was irritated about the lackluster offense and how he was used in it. Well... offense was lackluster, so perhaps they should address the problem instead of trading off one of the exceedingly few legitimate playmakers on the team.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:29 PM
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Calling it now

Devin Hester to Vikes on a 3 yr deal
If it is a cheap contract to be the #4 WR and KR, I am all for it.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:35 PM
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
It is a dumb move but I think Harvin is becoming a major distraction for Minnesota, given last off-season and this season. Furthermore, he never has shown the ability to stay healthy. If he could stay on the field and also practice, he might be something but he's always a game time decision or has some lingering issue.

Meh.

And I don't think the Vikings will pick up Hester. It's possible but Spielman is building a different team than in the past.
I think Harvin is becoming over-rated myself. He is a dynamic player and returner... but more of a gimmick play demon that #1 WR. He would look great as the #2-#3 guy on the depth chart. He will want to be paid like a star though and (IMO) not live up to the contract.

Now... all that said... Vikings are far too thin of a team to get by without him. The passing game is a total disgrace as-is... and Harvin is the only legit player on the unit outside Rudolph.

I believe Harvin is done as a Viking. I also believe that last season gave Spielman/Frazier an over-inflated impression of the team (we were not as good as our record). That leads me to believe this off-season will be disappointing. I can see us making a schlubb like Ramses Barden our "big signing".

Old
02-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Trading Harvin would be almost as stupid as trading Moss was. With that being said he is in the last year of his deal and it's hard to price him. He's a dynamic player but not your prototypical #1 or flanker receiver.

I do not want Greg Jennings, aging and injury prone. Hopefully he joins Philbin in Miami as speculated. I'd take Bowe or Wallace.

I don't see the Vikings getting any of them though. They'll probably sign the likes of Kevin Ogletree, Ramses Barden or Brandon Gibson.

No matter what happens with Harvin or who they sign they need to draft a WR at 23 regardless.

With a traded Harvin and cut Jenkins (don't expect him to collect his $3m roster bonus)

That leaves their WR depth chart as:

Jarius Wright
Stephen Burton
Chris Summers
Greg Childs (shredded both patellas last pre-season, doubt he even plays)

Old
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
I think Harvin is becoming over-rated myself. He is a dynamic player and returner... but more of a gimmick play demon that #1 WR. He would look great as the #2-#3 guy on the depth chart. He will want to be paid like a star though and (IMO) not live up to the contract.
Exactly. He's a dynamic player that can shift the offense but he isn't a number 1.

Quote:
I believe Harvin is done as a Viking. I also believe that last season gave Spielman/Frazier an over-inflated impression of the team (we were not as good as our record). .
Frazier is over-inflated. Spielman I'm giving a second chance on. I don't really care about the Carlson signing. Spielman at least gets a pass for having a solid draft last year (Kalil, Harrison, Robinson, Wright, Walsh).

Old
02-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Tuggy

I'll take Harvin in New England.

Let Welker walk and bring in Harvin.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:19 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

I'd take Harvin in Buffalo. Line him up opposite Stevie.

Bills release Nick Barnett and George Wilson.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Bears released Johnny Knox.

If there's any chance of him playing again expect the Vikings to sign him given their infatuation with ex-Bear WRs.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Bears released Johnny Knox.

If there's any chance of him playing again expect the Vikings to sign him given their infatuation with ex-Bear WRs.
Given his production and affordable costs the fact the Bears cut ties with him leads me to believe they dont have much belief he can come back to play from that injury despite Knox still working and hoping to comeback

Type of injury maybe you tell a guy he should just move on with his life and enjoy it

Old
02-12-2013, 12:31 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

If Jamarcus Russell still thinks he can play football, so will Johnny Knox.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...he-nfl-trailer

Old
02-12-2013, 12:40 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Rule proposals to be submitted on your behalf: Pass interference penalty maxed at 15 yards unless intentional and elimination of tuck rule

Now let's hope they don't fall on deaf ears. Especially that God-awful, game-changing pass interference penalty.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

The Tuck Rule is stupidest thing ever and I'm still convinced that it was invented on the spot in that Pats-Raiders game.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:45 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
If Jamarcus Russell still thinks he can play football, so will Johnny Knox.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...he-nfl-trailer
JaMarcus Russel is just fat and lazy. Knox got his spine crushed.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:55 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

I was being facetious.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
PensFan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Rule proposals to be submitted on your behalf: Pass interference penalty maxed at 15 yards unless intentional and elimination of tuck rule

Now let's hope they don't fall on deaf ears. Especially that God-awful, game-changing pass interference penalty.
I agree. Hate the pass interference. Only thing, I think i'll be tough to define intentional. Just make it a 15 yard penalty. Isn't it almost always rather intentional?

Closed Thread