HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mark Streit and Josh Bailey package

Old
02-10-2013, 04:48 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

vCash: 500
Mark Streit and Josh Bailey package

These two players could be dealt and have a decent amount of value. Streit could definitely help out a team in need of a top-4 PMD. The Islanders will be looking for young NHL talent that they can control their contracts (already on long term deal or expected RFA).

I think teams like St. Louis, Nashville, Minnesota, and Colorado will be in need of these players. What would your team give up for this package?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
These two players could be dealt and have a decent amount of value. Streit could definitely help out a team in need of a top-4 PMD. The Islanders will be looking for young NHL talent that they can control their contracts (already on long term deal or expected RFA).

I think teams like St. Louis, Nashville, Minnesota, and Colorado will be in need of these players. What would your team give up for this package?
How about including the rights to Anders Lee? Or do you think they'd bring back so little, that the isles should hold onto them and hope Lee won't pull a Schultz this summer?

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:53 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Bailey just played his first game last night and he looked very good. He's arguably our most talented forward (skill only, not confidence) behind Tavares. Let's give him a little time to see how he's doing. He is a candidate to be on Tavares' wing if he plays well. I'd like to see how things turn out first before dealing him. Besides, it would only raise his trade value if he does play well.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:58 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
How about including the rights to Anders Lee? Or do you think they'd bring back so little, that the isles should hold onto them and hope Lee won't pull a Schultz this summer?
I have no problem trading Lee. I'm not sure how much value an unsigned college prospect has, especially with the loophole. But if a team is confident that they can sign him then I think he may have some solid value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Bailey just played his first game last night and he looked very good. He's arguably our most talented forward (skill only, not confidence) behind Tavares. Let's give him a little time to see how he's doing. He is a candidate to be on Tavares' wing if he plays well. I'd like to see how things turn out first before dealing him. Besides, it would only raise his trade value if he does play well.
I don't disagree that he can put it together, but I think he's done on Long Island. Other guys are going to surpass him, and a change of scenery could do him a lot of good.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:12 PM
bluechipbonzo

Okposo maybe.

Bailey?

He's not going anywhere.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Okposo maybe.

Bailey?

He's not going anywhere.
Based on what fan wishes or something from someone credible?

Bailey's got 37 days until he's a rfa. He wants to convince Snow, to give him the longterm deal Snow refused to give him last time around.
28-37 pts a season, sound defensively and good on the pk...that's not really worth a longterm deal, unless Bailey signs on the cheap.

I think we'll see some of the young vets, looking over their shoulders in training camp with Strome/Nino/Nelson/KK looking for NHL spots.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:14 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Intrigued by Bailey as a PK guy, but don't know much about him or his potential/performance so far. Streit's pending UFA status would actually lower his value except as a rental I'd think. While Streit as a LHD would be great upgrade on the Avs, Avs could wait til summer to go after him.
Curious as to what the Isles would ask for both, and also more info needed on Bailey.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:20 PM
CodeE

Keep Streit around until the trade deadline, I have a feeling some playoff team will panic and overpay for him. Gotta think he'll be one of the top defenders available at the deadline, no use trading him now. Wait until more players get hurt and a healthy Streit's value will skyrocket.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:26 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Based on what fan wishes or something from someone credible?

Bailey's got 37 days until he's a rfa. He wants to convince Snow, to give him the longterm deal Snow refused to give him last time around.
28-37 pts a season, sound defensively and good on the pk...that's not really worth a longterm deal, unless Bailey signs on the cheap.

I think we'll see some of the young vets, looking over their shoulders in training camp with Strome/Nino/Nelson/KK looking for NHL spots.
While everything you say is true, I don't see Snow moving Bailey until the offseason. Snow has been unwilling to move any drafted prospects, even when he is willing to move picks. I think he will give Bailey another chance, this time at wing, to show he is more than a 3rd line forward.

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:48 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
While everything you say is true, I don't see Snow moving Bailey until the offseason. Snow has been unwilling to move any drafted prospects, even when he is willing to move picks. I think he will give Bailey another chance, this time at wing, to show he is more than a 3rd line forward.
Oh, I would be surprised if any of Bailey/Okposo /Grabner gets moved during the season. Each makes a team friendly $1m-$2m per in actual salary this season.

I look for one to be packaged during the summer for defense, with Streit + Vis becoming ufas.

Gotta think that at least 2 of Nino/Strome/Kk/Nelson/Sundstrom/Lee is on next season's NYI roster.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:47 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Been saying this for awhile....A healthy Bails with the right center(Tavares) can absolutlry take over games....Just gotta get more consistant..

That being said I would be willing to move him if it made sense for the team..

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Mouse21*

RoR+?

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:11 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
RoR+?
Not at $5m per.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:40 AM
Sergei Shirokov

What kind of return are we looking at here for Bailey?

He could slot into our 3C spot very nicely.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:35 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
What kind of return are we looking at here for Bailey?

He could slot into our 3C spot very nicely.
Hes a heck of a better player when playing wing...

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:56 AM
Man Bear Pig

Always like Bailey, was clearly a guy who was mishandled. A great buy-low player.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:35 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Always like Bailey, was clearly a guy who was mishandled. A great buy-low player.
23 yr old Bailey's a rfa this summer. He makes $1m. He's good defensively and on the pk.

34 yr old, career ahler Aucoin and 29 yr old career ahler MacDonald, are on the isles roster, along with the aging Reasoner, who's a ufa this July.

Someone will have to explain WHY the Isles sell low on Bailey.

Is he too old at 23?
Is his salary a back breaker?

If Bailey is moved, imo it'll either be part of a package or a 1 for 1 trade, involving another young , inconsistent player.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:36 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

I would trade Bailey, Lee, Streit, Lubo, and Finley for youth. Hopefully Reasoner is on his way out as well. Nabokov should have value also.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:43 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I would trade Bailey, Lee, Streit, Lubo, and Finley for youth. Hopefully Reasoner is on his way out as well. Nabokov should have value also.
You would trade Bailey for youth? Are you looking for an 8 year old? He is 23 years old.

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Dan-o16

Yeah, I don't see Bailey being traded - not enough value.

Streit and Visnovsky will certainly be on the block, however. That message was sent pretty clearly.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:01 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
You would trade Bailey for youth? Are you looking for an 8 year old? He is 23 years old.
Bailey is so friggin overated by NYI fans. Yeah he plays solid D and can skate. He also has a decent shot but he isnt a playmaker nor does he belong at Center. We have way too many forwards. When Nino and Strome are on the team next season and the Isles resign Boyes and most likey Aucoin someone has to go. Where does Brock Nelson fit?
People dont want to trade Neilsen either.
I dont see how this roster will accomdate all these players.
Next season the NYI should try and sign a free agent like Semin, a player who can actually put the puck in the net. Bailey has been in this league long enough. The NYI really missed with this draft pick. Im tired of hearing about player being rushed into the league. I guess Yakupov and Gally were rushed then. How about a young kid like Conacher who has one year of pro league experience? Damien friggin Brunner has never even played in north America before. I like Bailey but he is 2nd round material.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:03 AM
ichabod13

at least give bailey until the deadline before doing anything. the guy has played what....1 game this year?

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:09 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Bailey is so friggin overated by NYI fans. Yeah he plays solid D and can skate. He also has a decent shot but he isnt a playmaker nor does he belong at Center. We have way too many forwards. When Nino and Strome are on the team next season and the Isles resign Boyes and most likey Aucoin someone has to go. Where does Brock Nelson fit?
People dont want to trade Neilsen either.
I dont see how this roster will accomdate all these players.
Next season the NYI should try and sign a free agent like Semin, a player who can actually put the puck in the net. Bailey has been in this league long enough. The NYI really missed with this draft pick. Im tired of hearing about player being rushed into the league. I guess Yakupov and Gally were rushed then. How about a young kid like Conacher who has one year of pro league experience? Damien friggin Brunner has never even played in north America before. I like Bailey but he is 2nd round material.
In which post is he being overrated?

He's been described as 28-37 pt forward, good on defense, good on the pk and he plays better on the wing then center.
Isles have said they will try him at wing, so he won't even be playing center.

Bailey's 23, not 33.

When the isles have a couple of career ahlers, along with Boulton and Reasoner on their roster, I think they can make room for Bailey. It's not as if Strome/Nino/Brock Nelson came to camp, had great camps, but were blocked from the NHL by Bailey's presence.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Hes a heck of a better player when playing wing...
Great, our 2nd line winger spot hasn't been etched in stone either.

Quote:
23 yr old Bailey's a rfa this summer. He makes $1m. He's good defensively and on the pk.

34 yr old, career ahler Aucoin and 29 yr old career ahler MacDonald, are on the isles roster, along with the aging Reasoner, who's a ufa this July.

Someone will have to explain WHY the Isles sell low on Bailey.

Is he too old at 23?
Is his salary a back breaker?

If Bailey is moved, imo it'll either be part of a package or a 1 for 1 trade, involving another young , inconsistent player.
Okay so what do you guys want? Youth? Roster player?

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:50 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post

Okay so what do you guys want? Youth? Roster player?
If Bailey is dealt alone, then I'd expect him to be dealt for another young player. One who's struggled to put things together like Bailey has. Someone's reporting Brassard is being shopped. I think Brassard's development is offensively ahead of Bailey's. Brassard's had two seasons of at least 40 pts. However, his $3.7m salary would be a big turnoff.

If Bailey is packaged with Streit or Vis, I'd hope for better then a project back.

Isles have a pair of career ahlers on their roster and couple of warm bodies in Reasoner/Boulton. No way does Snow just dump Bailey, on the cheap, when he has other options to dump.