HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

XII | "C-C-C-COLUMBO BREAKER" | Oilers @ BJs | 2.10.13 | 4:00PM MT | SNET-W

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Niet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Is HallofGreatness at this game ?
Likely burnt his Hall jersey

Old
02-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
Better Intuative Dynamic Analysis applied to the line combonations I see here, excellent moves. Very nice example of pro-active planning and adjustments.

Hall and Hemmer are going to dominate, they need to use just two basic plays and hammer them home all night long, maybe for fun they should decide to feed Gagner the puck all night long for 60 mins non-stop because those two are such fast dominant players they can seriously provide Gagner with one quality high percentage shot on net every possesion. This line could be a sleeper if they work together because they have dominant speed and 3 shooters who know how to spread defenses open.

Yakupov is going to see what it is like to be on a line with a player like Ebbs who can force defenses to react to him and what it is like to play with a pure passer like Nuge, Nuge will put the puck on Yakupovs stick in places no one else can put it, now its Yakupov who will need to try to keep up to RNHs speed of thinking and reacting.
Eberle is a very underrated passer and if he and Nuge get Yakupov rocking anything can happen today. I see some serious chemistry potential here that we may have overlooked this year.

The 3rd line will score today , that line is a nice mix of size speed and truculence. They will not be denied because they keep it simple and work hard.

Hopefully J.Schultz keeps getting the greenlight for all 60 mins because his threat really breaks teams down and forces them to react. Knowing he is sniping from out there seems to break teams spirits somehow.

Lets see Halls onetimers off of Hemmer passes from behind the net, lets see Gagner re-directing some sweet Hall passes into the open back-door.

Lets see Yakupov being keyed on for 60 full mins by Nuge and Ebbs, the Kid might have a record night with them.

Lets see MPS and Harti keep giving us a preview of our future third line and lets see Magnus keep driving to the net through guys instead of around them he is getting stronger by the month it seems and really maturing. Lets see Harti staying active with the puck and wreaking havoc in the middle and the front of the net.

Lets see Chabot do his job and help Dubby figure out how and why the current system execution is exposing him to the mid range wristers while he is down on his knees for the last 7 or 8 games. either we adjust the defense or we adjust Dudby but we need to get on it ASAP as they will target this area early and often as it is a system generated weak spot.

I say we blow them out 7-3.

We need to focus on scorng a greasy net front hard work goal very early and until we get the first goal we need to stay focused on those net front scrambles. We need to earn the right to put the pedal down and open it up offensively by scoring the first goal the traditional greasy way. But once we have the lead we need to open it up 100% and go for the kill immediatly, if they tie us then its back to the greasy work till we earn the chance to open up again, we dont keep the pedal down if they tie it up, we adjust to the dynamics as they happen.

Lets see some fast shots, some onetimer redirections, scoop shots into the back door open net type of shot selections. Maybe tonight we can assign a forward with a very heavy slapshot to blast em at the crossbar from the middle all night to keep the goalie awake, just one guy all night and just from the middle as he slides eastéwest, never as he is stopped because that results in shot blocks that go the other way naturally. The key is just one guy all night to draw the tender into a pattern that might become useful late in the game when he is tired and worn down and we can catch him cheating a little.

Magnus needs to key on working off of Hartis ability to tie the puck up on the half-boards, he needs to take those pucks from harti and drive those three steps to the net and drive the puck in using low shots and his speed and size. Bellanger will always be dropping back to cover defensively so MPS and Harti are free to attack , as soon as MPS takes the puck and drives the net Harti has to recover and explode in behind him because Magnus will be shooting low to leave sympathetic rebounds for his support, so it is critical that Harti come off the half- boards as fast as he can right behind Magnus who will be driving the net every time.

If Hall lets Gagner pressure the middle and comes in as an upspeed support man and goes to the back door just as hemmer is rounding the net we will see fireworks because the tender will be forced to watch Hall
screaming in at the back door and this will open up the shot for hemmer short side as he comes round the net every rush, Halls speed will force the goalie to cheat or get burned. If a d-man comes up and Hall stays back twenty feet so he can come in late this line could be lethal all night long. Just pound it into the back door for 60 minutes with gagner in front trying to get the first deflection if hemmer passes before he rounds the net and hall covering the back door as an upspeed man if it slips by Gagner. Just this one play repeated is worth at least two goals over 60 mins from this line.
Go Oilers !!!
Well I appreciate the statistical analysis report, perhaps you should grab a beverage and watch the damn game

Old
02-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Nuge has one second assist PP point all year. He has the most PP toi of any forward on the club.

Go figure.
What? This can't be true. Nuge was the set up man for Gagner's game winning goal against the Kings.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Expatriate

Hope I'm wrong but I think our offence breaks out but Dubby has a bad game.

6 - 5 CBJ

Old
02-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Oiled up*

Hopefully me wearing my Yakupov jersey will bring us good luck?

Old
02-10-2013, 05:59 PM
metallicat

I fully anticipate a win for the Oilers. I'm in a place with no tv and went to a Boston Pizza yesterday basically expecting a loss. Today, not watching the game and am expecting a victory.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:00 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
What? This can't be true. Nuge was the set up man for Gagner's game winning goal against the Kings.
It isn't, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has 3 PPP
No idea what Replacement was talking about

Old
02-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Misworded. One 5 on 4 assist just to be clear.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Rejean31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmask83 View Post
Mike Milbury says hi.
Kevin Lowe says hi.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:02 PM
awesomo
HARD!

so happy whitney is out... seriously hope peckham plays well down in the A so Potter will be out too

Old
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Good luck guys. Looking forward to watching the game. The beauty of CI, I've been watching a lot of your games.

Old
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat.

vCash: 499
So I flip the TV on and hear Gene's voice with a close up of his hand with three nails in it...

Old
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 886
Gene with more Nail puns.

Holy cow.

10+ season of this?

Old
CopperBlue2794

Is Bad Medicine serious

Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
It isn't, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has 3 PPP
No idea what that guy was talking about
5 on 4. Any doofus should be able to set up plays on 5 on 3. Lord knows we've had a lot of em.

Strangely on 5 on 4 RNH is a deplorable 1.3pts/60mins. Any good player should get that much in 5 on 5 play.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
so happy whitney is out... seriously hope peckham plays well down in the A so Potter will be out too
Aren't we all...

Old
OilDrop37

vCash: 3999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
Kevin Lowe says hi.
Doug Risebrough says hi

Old
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Good luck guys. Looking forward to watching the game. The beauty of CI, I've been watching a lot of your games.
Hope we don't have a stinker.. haha
Our lines are loking pretty sexy though, i hope we pull out this w.

Old
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
Hopefully me wearing my Yakupov jersey will bring us good luck?
Don't pull it on.....nail it on.

yayayyayaahahahahaahahaha

Old
02-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Gene with more Nail puns.

Holy cow.

10+ season of this?
Thank god we don't have a Hamrlik or Hjalmarsson.

02-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
Hope we don't have a stinker.. haha
Our lines are loking pretty sexy though, i hope we pull out this w.
Quote:

... might as well, put myself out of my misery so i don't have to listen to no more of Genes puns.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:07 PM
OntOilFan

This board is going to be amazing after tonight's loss. Can't wait.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:07 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:

I see this is going to be an interesting thread.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:08 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
5 on 4. Any doofus should be able to set up plays on 5 on 3. Lord knows we've had a lot of em.

Strangely on 5 on 4 RNH is a deplorable 1.3pts/60mins. Any good player should get that much in 5 on 5 play.
Ah in that case you are right. There's no arguing nuge's play he just hasn't had a good game yet and it is effecting eberle's play as well

Old
02-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Oiled up*

Lets go!!!!!

Closed Thread