HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Official Penguins Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
So how Pouliot been this year?

Progressing? Dominating?
Been great all year but out recently with an injury

Old
02-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

injury bug hitting our top prospects and our top D players. Hopefully this trend doesn't last, but it probably will.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Dangles78

Am I the only that thinks if Agostino leaves Yale that he will make the Pens roster next year? I'm really high on this kid and a lot of Pens fans forget about the college prospects.

People really don't give Shero credit for drafting well in the later rounds and digging up some intriguing forwards...

Old
02-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Malkinstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Am I the only that thinks if Agostino leaves Yale that he will make the Pens roster next year? I'm really high on this kid and a lot of Pens fans forget about the college prospects.

People really don't give Shero credit for drafting well in the later rounds and digging up some intriguing forwards...
In what type of role? To me it seems like he is a third line player with some offensive potential like kennedy

Old
02-10-2013, 12:43 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post

Theoretically, sure, it's possible. But usually, unless a player is absolutely dominating the college scene (i.e. Kreider being the most recent example, and Toews being another recent one), most should be sent to the minors for a year to adjust. K.A. has been very good, and I definitely think he's ready to make the jump to WBS, but no: I doubt he's ready for full-time NHL duty -- unless he signs as soon as the season is over, spends some time with WBS or the big club in the playoffs, and then spends the summer working his ass off with TR Goodman or Gary Roberts. And even then it wouldn't be a shoe-in.

But I would love to see Agostino, a healthy Kuhnhackl, and Arichibald joined by his and Megna's teammate Andrej Sustr all having good years in WBS next season.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

Rust, Blueger and Archibald each with a goal tonight.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:52 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

We really need to hit on a couple of these college forward prospects, so it's good to hear that most of them are having good seasons.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Over 1,000...continue here.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Closed Thread