HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Just noticed this on the game sheet:
Hmm. Looks like someone got a bit angry about something.

EDIT: wow - this happened right after Saginaw potted an EN goal, and apparently a scrum ensued:

3 - BAR A. Camara, 18:46 - Fighting, 5 min
3 - BAR A. Ekblad, 18:46 - Roughing, 2 min
3 - BAR M. Scheifele, 18:46 - Slashing, 2 min (PP)
3 - BAR M. Scheifele, 18:46 - Misc-USC, (75.4) 0 min
3 - SAG J. Kea, 18:46 - Roughing, 2 min
3 - SAG D. Young, 18:46 - Fighting, 5 min

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 02-10-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old
02-10-2013, 02:34 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Jacob Trouba with 3 assists tonight all be it in a losing effort to Notre Dame (4-6)

Old
02-10-2013, 02:48 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Jacob Trouba with 3 assists tonight all be it in a losing effort to Notre Dame (4-6)
Bahaha I love this kid; for CCHA:
9th in pts (18th if you don't use ties), with better pts/gp than 5 above him... and 1st for D
8th in goals (26th if you don't use ties)... and 1st for D
9th in assists (26th if you don't use ties), with better a/gp than 5 above him... and 8th for D, with better a/gp than 2 above him
4th in PP pts (7th if you don't use ties), with better PP pts/gp than 1 above him... and 3rd for D
3rd in PP goals (4th if you don't use ties),... and 2nd for D
3rd in freshman scoring... 1st for D

Old
02-10-2013, 02:08 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Scheifele with a PP marker in the 2nd. Made it 3-2 Barrie, but Sarnia scored about 30s later to make it 3-3. He's -1 for the day so far. 25G on the year. He skipped over Camara, Athanasiou, and Kosmachuk to 23rd in scoring.

Really looking forward to Lowry and Scheif in the line-up next year or the following.

EDIT: Scheifele with his 2nd of the game to make it 4-3. 26th of the year.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 02-10-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old
02-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Scheifele with a PP marker in the 2nd. Made it 3-2 Barrie, but Sarnia scored about 30s later to make it 3-3. He's -1 for the day so far. 25G on the year. He skipped over Camara, Athanasiou, and Kosmachuk to 23rd in scoring.

Really looking forward to Lowry and Scheif in the line-up next year or the following.

EDIT: Scheifele with his 2nd of the game to make it 4-3. 26th of the year.
I'm thinking Scheifele and Lowry will need some time on the Rock to develop their pro game.

I'd like to see a Lowry/Scheifele/Telegin line in St. John's next year.

That line would have some serious size and pretty good skill. May develop some chemistry as well. I can see that as a 2nd or 3rd line on the Jets in a couple of years.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
I'm thinking Scheifele and Lowry will need some time on the Rock to develop their pro game.

That line would have some serious size and pretty good skill. May develop some chemistry as well. I can see that as a 2nd or 3rd line on the Jets in a couple of years.
I'm in agreement that Scheifele could use some time in St. John's if it keeps on the upward trajectory of development. Jets picked him high so should invest a lot of time and resources.

However, if after a couple of years in the AHL, he tops out as a 3rd line C then scouting and/or player development requires a kick in the arse and change in philosophy. Scheif needs to be at least a top tier 2nd line C to justify his draft position. That much is on TNSE as much as Scheif. They gotta create a successful environment for Scheif to flourish.

On that note, TNSE needs to take a look at the massive pile of indifference and under-performance that is slowly accumualting on the Rock. If the stories about Macho are true then ffs move him for another warm body and keep the bitterness away from Scheif and Lowry.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
I'm in agreement that Scheifele could use some time in St. John's if it keeps on the upward trajectory of development. Jets picked him high so should invest a lot of time and resources.

However, if after a couple of years in the AHL, he tops out as a 3rd line C then scouting and/or player development requires a kick in the arse and change in philosophy. Scheif needs to be at least a top tier 2nd line C to justify his draft position. That much is on TNSE as much as Scheif. They gotta create a successful environment for Scheif to flourish.

On that note, TNSE needs to take a look at the massive pile of indifference and under-performance that is slowly accumualting on the Rock. If the stories about Macho are true then ffs move him for another warm body and keep the bitterness away from Scheif and Lowry.
Some guys reach their draft status, others don't.

If Scheifele is a productive 3rd line guy (or 2nd line guy) as a full-time NHL rookie, who contributes and improves, then there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion. It took Giroux a few years to move up the ranks in Philly to be a significant player on their team, if Scheifele does the same, it's all good.

To expect him to walk into a 2nd C spot, at a young age, may not be best for his long-term development. There shouldn't be a timeline either, if he continues to show improvement. If he plateaus, or shows he can't get there, you move on. Such is life.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:17 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post

IMO:
* a draft pick never needs to justify their draft position as they are not the ones that chose themselves; they just need to justify themselves as a player and a contributing member of the team's benefice
* a scouting department doesn't need to justify one pick as a lot of the draft is a crapshoot, BUT they should constantly and consistently be looking at the draft/develop process as a whole and always be looking to improve

Old
02-10-2013, 05:22 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:

I think a lot of that will depend on how things go this year and what happens at the deadline or in free agency.

Scheifele and Lowry should each get a long look in training camp next year and I wouldn't rule out the possibility that one or both makes the Jets.

Remember, Poni, Welly, Antro and Mittens are all free agents next year. If two or perhaps all 4 walk and they aren't replaced via free agency, there could be some very cushy roster spots available

Old
02-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I think a lot of that will depend on how things go this year and what happens at the deadline or in free agency.

Scheifele and Lowry should each get a long look in training camp next year and I wouldn't rule out the possibility that one or both makes the Jets.

Remember, Poni, Welly, Antro and Mittens are all free agents next year. If two or perhaps all 4 walk and they aren't replaced via free agency, there could be some very cushy roster spots available

Maybe. But lots of players have dominated jr and needed some time in the AHL before make an NHL squad. No need to rush them, and if they do make it, a lesser role is fine too.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:53 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Another thing I like about Lowry is his on-ice IQ. He always makes the correct decision with the puck, head-mans it unselfishly, can make good decisions at speed.

Battles hard. On the pp he'll park his giant ass in front of the goalie when the D is controlling up high, and he really battles to keep position there. Can score garbage goals and can snipe as well. He has a bright future, whenever he makes it.
As a prospect , if you give him the improved foot speed , he has so many tangibles and at such a high level. Virtually a blueprint type of prospect. He is smart enough , committed enough and has the support to take a real run at turning his first step quickness , burst and turns from lacking to at least ok.

If he ever gets those to a level better than ok , it is hard to not think of the player he should be . At least for me

Old
02-10-2013, 07:13 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

So Scheifele got 2 more today.

Good show

Old
02-10-2013, 07:22 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Maybe. But lots of players have dominated jr and needed some time in the AHL before make an NHL squad. No need to rush them, and if they do make it, a lesser role is fine too.
I agree.

I just think Scheifele was really really close this year and that he probably would have made the team if Antro wasn't on it.

If Antro, Wellwood or Poni isn't back, the team becomes far more makeable.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:23 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post

Good show
Yup. 26g in 33 games so far

Old
02-10-2013, 07:39 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I agree.

I just think Scheifele was really really close this year and that he probably would have made the team if Antro wasn't on it.

If Antro, Wellwood or Poni isn't back, the team becomes far more makeable.
The more I think about it, is if it's an 82 game season he sticks

Old
02-10-2013, 07:41 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post

Good show
This is why I like this kid......he gets sent back which could be pretty tough mentally since he was borderline. How does he react.......does he sulk......or does he put his head down, make the best of it, and kick some a55.

Hard to beat a guy that never quits or gives up. mark has his faults but he is a very very competitive kid.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:46 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

On a side note the one good thing about this upcoming off season for Mark is there are no distractions.......no Team Canada try outs.....just time to focus on the few top priorities for his development plan.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:06 PM
puck stoppa

I was the guy that thought the Jets should send Scheif back the past few years no matter what and they did. But now I think that they brought him along slowly enough and that he doesn't need to spend time on the Rock next year. I fully expect him to make the team next year and be a contributor similar to Burmi's numbers last year. I see something like this:

Kane Little Wheeler
Ladd Jokinen Burmi
FA Scheifele Antropov
Lowry Slater Thorburn

Enstrom Buff
Bogo Hainsey
Redmond Stuart

I think they will resign Hainsey and Antropov and trade Postma and Klingberg for something. FA will fill the third line and Trouba will make it the year after.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:07 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
This is why I like this kid......he gets sent back which could be pretty tough mentally since he was borderline. How does he react.......does he sulk......or does he put his head down, make the best of it, and kick some a55.

Hard to beat a guy that never quits or gives up. mark has his faults but he is a very very competitive kid.
In Kevin Cheveldayoff's interview with Hustler and Lawless he reiterated how respectful Scheifele is , his disappointment in not staying , which we all know. He also mentioned a couple of times that Mark really asked what he needed to improve , to do to stay , not casually or generally but Chevy said it so we all should know it was pretty detailed.

Mark will be making his legs a focus imo , he will get them bigger and stronger and anchor himself better. As you said , this offseason will be all about getting him better in the areas he needs to . Personally I think he sticks next fall .

Old
02-10-2013, 08:17 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
In Kevin Cheveldayoff's interview with Hustler and Lawless he reiterated how respectful Scheifele is , his disappointment in not staying , which we all know. He also mentioned a couple of times that Mark really asked what he needed to improve , to do to stay , not casually or generally but Chevy said it so we all should know it was pretty detailed.

Mark will be making his legs a focus imo , he will get them bigger and stronger and anchor himself better. As you said , this offseason will be all about getting him better in the areas he needs to . Personally I think he sticks next fall .
Chevy also mentioned the importance of the 1 on 1 time with the strength and conditioning folk.

I am sure he went home with a number of workouts that will help.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
WHL Facts ‏@WHLFacts

9 - @SCBroncos Adam Lowry's (@ALowsyPlayer17) goal to open the game tonight was his 9th First Goal, which is the most in the WHL this season
Retweeted by SC Broncos

Goal #35 on the year and counting...

Old
02-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Lowry just scored his second of the game early in the third period to put the Broncos up 3-1 over the Oil Kings.

Beast. He is a beast.

Goal #36

Old
02-10-2013, 08:59 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Lowry just scored his second of the game early in the third period to put the Broncos up 3-1 over the Oil Kings.

Beast. He is a beast.

Goal #36
He's almost as beastly as your avatars! I still remember seeing your avatar (of that fat guy) on TV when they did that Sharks fan story about PS241. Where do you come up with this stuff!

Old
02-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Olsen scored his 28th on the year earlier tonight as well; game still in progress.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
He's almost as beastly as your avatars! I still remember seeing your avatar (of that fat guy) on TV when they did that Sharks fan story about PS241. Where do you come up with this stuff!
I have my sources.

Closed Thread