HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can we all please calm down?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
  #151
haburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahleezer View Post
Well... all I know is that we signed Subban and since then we started losing and no longer following the game plan.

Just saying!
subban was our best d man last night hands down and has been since he's been back.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:54 PM
  #152
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
yep its pk's fault that markov cant keep up too.is this guy that slow now or injured?
He was never fast, but he has lost a step. I'm more concerned with the fact that Therrien refuses to put PK with Gorges. These 2 should be together and playing top minutes.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:10 PM
  #153
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
He was never fast, but he has lost a step. I'm more concerned with the fact that Therrien refuses to put PK with Gorges. These 2 should be together and playing top minutes.
It's my belief that Markov reinjured the ribs he hurt in the KHL.

Recently his skating is slower and more labored, and his puck handling and shooting seem to be off as well.

This would more reasonably explain the PP dropping off in recent games than some absurd Subban jinx.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM
  #154
CN_paladin
Registered User
 
CN_paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westeros
Posts: 2,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
yep its pk's fault that markov cant keep up too.is this guy that slow now or injured?
Markov's abysmal play on the Leafs' first goal definitely had a huge negative impact on our morale and momentum. He isn't getting any younger for sure.

DD has got to go. Martin St Louis is successful despite his size because of his vision, smarts and great wheels. DD doesn't have the latter and struggles so much whenever he carries the puck.

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:37 PM
  #155
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,608
vCash: 500
I agree that DD just doesn't seem to have it this year. But I'm willing to ride it out for the season and see if he can refind it or if it truly was a one year wonder.

As for Markov, he needs to play less minutes against weaker competition. Subban and Gorges have proven while together they can play against the best, why would Therrien refuse to put them together and utilize them to their strengths? It's been 5 games now, not like PK isn't in the full swing of it.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:10 PM
  #156
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
The only thing about tonight that's really any different is that it will take a climb in the standings (over a two week span) to help us get over this loss.

As for us taking a beatdown - what I DID see was no Hab backing down. NO ONE. One can construe it as being beaten up, but really I saw every player stand up for their fellow players. As for Moen being invisible, the leafs didn't want to fight guys they might have a problem with. They went for guys who they had an advantage over. It's cowardly. Bruins, Leafs, same **** now.

We are not a bad team and calm down about the league now knowing how soft we are.

Score goals. Stop goals. Do that and there's no problem. Right now, particularly tonight - that was a problem. Eller to "first line" duties STAT.
Clown mode started because the game got out of hand. If the game was competitive, all the stuff we are talking right now would not matter because it would never have happened.

Its more constructive to figure out how the game got out of hand. The leafs have exposed the team defense twice this season. This squad is advertised as a skating club but when they meet a speedy team, they seem overwhelmed. Gap control is not as good as it used to be under martin and from what we've seen this season, the defensive unit will need all the help they can get. Of course, the trade-off is a less aggressive attack, which might not be a popular idea around here


Last edited by Hackett: 02-10-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
  #157
Prendan Brust
Registered User
 
Prendan Brust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Markov's abysmal play on the Leafs' first goal definitely had a huge negative impact on our morale and momentum. He isn't getting any younger for sure.

DD has got to go. Martin St Louis is successful despite his size because of his vision, smarts and great wheels. DD doesn't have the latter and struggles so much whenever he carries the puck.
IMHO Emelin is as much to blame on the first goal. He totally misread the play, Price was well positionned for Kulemin shot and was expecting Emelin would stay with Kamarov to prevent him from shooting. Instead of that, Emelin left his player all alone and Kulemin had an easy pass to complete that gave an easy goal to Kamarov.

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:35 AM
  #158
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
you can't have THAT much of a life, you have over 10,000 posts


Once again another poster denouncing passionate for being ashamed of the teams performance.
Yeah, he's one of the worst's. Thanks for the reminder.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:07 AM
  #159
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Clown mode started because the game got out of hand. If the game was competitive, all the stuff we are talking right now would not matter because it would never have happened.

Its more constructive to figure out how the game got out of hand. The leafs have exposed the team defense twice this season. This squad is advertised as a skating club but when they meet a speedy team, they seem overwhelmed. Gap control is not as good as it used to be under martin and from what we've seen this season, the defensive unit will need all the help they can get. Of course, the trade-off is a less aggressive attack, which might not be a popular idea around here
It's not just the Habs being a skating club, Leafs exposes us by our D squad being overwhelmed, the Leafs smell blood and throw themselves in front of our net and nobody can take them out. Too small.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:10 AM
  #160
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Screw you guys. I'm still pissed at the shallacking we took..

I'm ill impressed by your greenish glow.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  #161
Rickkins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Can we all please calm down?
Oh hell no....take to the streets...man the barricades... etc...

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:49 AM
  #162
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,134
vCash: 500
So if we keep at this pace, we'll end the year at: 26-18-4, good for 56 points. Pro-rated to a full season, that's 96 points. Every team has ups and downs. I'm curious to see how the Habs respond in their next game.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:56 AM
  #163
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
So if we keep at this pace, we'll end the year at: 26-18-4, good for 56 points. Pro-rated to a full season, that's 96 points. Every team has ups and downs. I'm curious to see how the Habs respond in their next game.
Don't know if that pace can be maintained but I know one thing. The team has played 8 of 11 games at home and THAT won't continue.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:31 AM
  #164
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Don't know if that pace can be maintained but I know one thing. The team has played 8 of 11 games at home and THAT won't continue.
That doesn't really mean much, we were the worst team in the league at home last year. And look at the Leafs, 1 win at home and 1 loss on the road.

Just because we have lots of road games ahead doesn't mean we'll lose more.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:12 AM
  #165
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
We lost. It happens.

We lost by a pretty big margin. It happens.

We started off the season 6-2, against all odds, and pretty much nobody here was pissing on the team like you are tonight.

We lose 3 in a row. It happens. Teams go through peaks and valleys. We have a group with a bunch of players who weren't here last year, an entirely new coaching staff, and entirely new organizational leadership and direction. Change takes time. Changes doesn't happen overnight.

If you thought we were on our way to the Cup before the Boston game, then you were way off your rocker. If you think that we're bottom-feeders now, you're even more off your rocker.
Take a step back from the emotional roller-coaster and realize that there have been many positives so far this season, and many things that could, conversely, be improved.

**** ****ing happens and we had a crap game. Sorry, we've had a crap week.

So why should we tank now? Why should we take the C off Gionta's jersey now? Why should we trade every conceivable good asset on our team now?

Where was this kind of talk last week?

Get a ****ing grip, please. I'm angry we lost too, but maybe, just MAYBE for once we can take a step back and move on. There is still plenty of hockey to be played and winners and losers aren't decided after 10 games.

No excuses, right? No ****ing excuses. So stop acting like the sky is falling.

The defending cup Champs are 3-4-2.

Perspective, please.

Go Habs Go!
That has BEEN the last 20 or so years. I think that is the real issue for me.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:26 AM
  #166
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 500
That doesn't change the fact that hey are still huge holes that need to be filled by the management.

I think it's this that pisses off the fans more than the lost itself. It's the way and the why we lost than is not acceptable.

We need size at the center position that need hasn't been filled. We need a faceoff specialist. That need hasn't been filled. Funny thing the sabres are dead last in faceoffs look where they are right now. Winning faceoffs is really important.

We still need a goon that can drop gloves against the colton orr, shawn thornton and John scott of this world. Because we are not respected within the division and that's a major problem.

We need a big stay at home dman on the 3rd pairing instead of Bouillon we have a small defense. We could have picked up Matt Carkner and make him play the more physical games, plus he can drop the gloves. Player like Douglas Murray could be a huge addition to the team.

We can still make the playoffs but we won't be a great team as long as those needs are still blatant.

That's why i am pissed off. Not because we lost 3 row , it's the reason that we lost.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:32 AM
  #167
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,511
vCash: 500
People just love to overreact on HF. It's been 3 games. We should have easily won one of them, and we could have easily won another. We played our worst game of the season in Toronto. Big deal.

The thing people SHOULD be anxious about isn't the supposed holes in our line-up, but just how will the team respond. If the new management really did manage to bring back a "winning" culture in Montréal, then this team should be back on its feet as soon as tonight. If we come off flat again against the Panthers, then we might have shades of the team that finished in the cave of the eastern conference last season.

And if that happens, I'll welcome Drouin with open arms. Anybody that had crazy expectations after the first 6 games of the season has to blame himself. This team is no more than a bubble team right now, and we should expect results accordingly.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:21 PM
  #168
TYLENOL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
That doesn't change the fact that hey are still huge holes that need to be filled by the management.

I think it's this that pisses off the fans more than the lost itself. It's the way and the why we lost than is not acceptable.

We need size at the center position that need hasn't been filled. We need a faceoff specialist. That need hasn't been filled. Funny thing the sabres are dead last in faceoffs look where they are right now. Winning faceoffs is really important.

We still need a goon that can drop gloves against the colton orr, shawn thornton and John scott of this world. Because we are not respected within the division and that's a major problem.

We need a big stay at home dman on the 3rd pairing instead of Bouillon we have a small defense. We could have picked up Matt Carkner and make him play the more physical games, plus he can drop the gloves. Player like Douglas Murray could be a huge addition to the team.

We can still make the playoffs but we won't be a great team as long as those needs are still blatant.

That's why i am pissed off. Not because we lost 3 row , it's the reason that we lost.
Matt Carkner or any player of that type are bad. They just slow the game down, I cant stand fans who expect the habs to sign useless goons who cant skate. I prefer to watch a caracter player that can chip in with offence once in a while like bouillon,than a some thug.

TYLENOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:35 PM
  #169
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLENOL View Post
Matt Carkner or any player of that type are bad. They just slow the game down, I cant stand fans who expect the habs to sign useless goons who cant skate. I prefer to watch a caracter player that can chip in with offence once in a while like bouillon,than a some thug.
Carkner is far from bad. He can take a regular shift in the NHL. I don't like goons either, but if the NHL is not going to do anything about it, screw them, we get them a real one. We need somebody crazy, we need Probert.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:47 PM
  #170
haburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
People just love to overreact on HF. It's been 3 games. We should have easily won one of them, and we could have easily won another. We played our worst game of the season in Toronto. Big deal.

The thing people SHOULD be anxious about isn't the supposed holes in our line-up, but just how will the team respond. If the new management really did manage to bring back a "winning" culture in Montréal, then this team should be back on its feet as soon as tonight. If we come off flat again against the Panthers, then we might have shades of the team that finished in the cave of the eastern conference last season.

And if that happens, I'll welcome Drouin with open arms. Anybody that had crazy expectations after the first 6 games of the season has to blame himself. This team is no more than a bubble team right now, and we should expect results accordingly.
its not over reacting its reality.how do you explain a total no show considering we did the same last time we played them?losing is one thing but completely rolling over like we did on sat is pathetic.i dont care who is on our team or where we finish but i do expect EFFORT every game.is that too much to ask?obviously it is.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
  #171
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You know my thoughts on the team and what we should do.

But you're absolutely right. Folks need to get a grip.
My thoughts are known also, and like LG I agree. Games get away from you now and then.

Hated it, a lot. But it's an outlier.

One bad thing: It will hurt the team's pride and confidence.

One good thing: The young guys are seeing adversity up close.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:47 PM
  #172
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Fair point, but tell me this - do you really feel we can seriously compete with the 4 lines we have and the small defense, day in and day out?
That's why we are known as a rebuilding team. Do you expect the Habs to go from 15th to 3rd? Patience will be required this year, and to a lesser extent, next year too. After that, fair enough, losses like that will not be acceptable.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #173
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
On Hfboards, are we supposed to act like hockey fans or boardroom executives?

We can't even have a ''we need a new captain thread'' without out all the sensitive defenders getting their panties in a knot

I don't get the concept that some of you have. Our team gets smacked around like little girls on national tv in our own back yard in epic fashion and we're all supposed to be sitting on our hands singing kumbaya.

Get real. No passionate fan base in the world of sports act like this.

The way some of guy guys reproach the fan base for ''over reacting'' is quite comical.

Cold Play created the same thread last year and we ended up 3rd last.

I don't get why he feels the need to ''tame'' the fan base from its disgust and passion.

THIS IS A ****ING HOCKEY BOARD
Fair enough.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:31 PM
  #174
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Now that I calmed down, as much as yesterday was inexcusable, games against the Leafs are rarely a signifier of anything. I feel like we split the series with them every year regardless of the quality of the respective teams, for them, facing the Habs is the Stanley Cup finals.

Should we be worried? Well, this team clearly isn't very good yet, but just as humiliating the Leafs last year didn't make the Habs a good team, this doesn't mean everything is a disaster either. At this point the only person who should be calling for the Habs to trade everyone is the Nordiques fan who wants us to be terrible. We need to shake things up (time to switch Desharnais and Eller finally?) but the overreactions here as a bit ridiculous.

In the previous two games we outplayed better competition only to blow it through stupidity.
At least this gives Therry the excuse to sit or move vets to other lines.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:09 AM
  #175
Flyinghab
Registered User
 
Flyinghab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
There is no need to panic, but a little line shake up is definitely in order. DD, Patches and Cole need to get their s*#t together if they want to make the playoffs. Yes Price had a bad game, it happens. We need goals and we need them now! Also please stop with all this PK cancer BS. If he was a cancer the Habs brass never would of signed him. Why not bench Armstrong and play Blunden? I've always liked his game.

Flyinghab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.