HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

La 4eme fois, on est mieux de comprendre

Old
02-10-2013, 04:08 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Loved Dany Dubé's analysis of the debacle. He's right on the money. The new system the Habs are playing just plain broke down. It happens. Just like it happened to Tampa and their system when people are out of synch.

I also think like him: time to get DD out of the way of the first 2 lines. Pressure seems too much right now. Get Chucky with Cole and Pacioretty.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:10 PM
deandebean

And Dubé sees the light: because the NHL is (to quote him) 'a Far-West-type of league', you need the heavyweights.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:11 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
L Get Chucky with Cole and Pacioretty.
Or get Pacioretty with the two Gallys

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:15 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Or get Pacioretty with the two Gallys
That too.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:16 PM
deandebean

By the way, I too believe like Dubé that Therrien has no choice but to play that system (a 5-man unit playing the 'small ice') because our defensive corps is tiny. You can't play man-to-man when your biggest defenceman is PK Subban.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Loved Dany Dubé's analysis of the debacle. He's right on the money. The new system the Habs are playing just plain broke down. It happens. Just like it happened to Tampa and their system when people are out of synch.

I also think like him: time to get DD out of the way of the first 2 lines. Pressure seems too much right now. Get Chucky with Cole and Pacioretty.
DD isn't the problem though, Cole is playing like crap, and MaxPac still hasn't scored a goal.
Not sure how putting an 18yo kid is really gonna help that line.

We need to change our lines and DD needs to become a winger.
Same with our defense.

I would like to see:

Bourque-Plek-Gionta
MaxPac-Eller-DD
Gallagher-Gally-Cole
Prust-White-Moen

Markov-Gorges
Emelin-PK
Bouillon-Diaz

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:05 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
DD isn't the problem though, Cole is playing like crap, and MaxPac still hasn't scored a goal.

Same with our defense.

I would like to see:

Bourque-Plek-Gionta
MaxPac-Eller-DD
Gallagher-Gally-Cole
Prust-White-Moen

Markov-Gorges
Emelin-PK
Bouillon-Diaz
good ideas too. I think Desharnais is way to small to be a center with the system they are playing. Last year was a passive counter-attack system. He could get a lot of 2 on 1's and what not. Not this year. This is a pressure-5 system and he's wayyy too schtroumpf for that.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
And Dubé sees the light: because the NHL is (to quote him) 'a Far-West-type of league', you need the heavyweights.
Unfortunately this is the truth. Hockey has become a battle ground and a HUGE reason why a sport like Soccer has taken over minor league registrations in Canada

The game is ruthless and extreemely violent not to call it insane.

As a parent why would you want your kid to grow up playing hockey right now?

Last edited by Mats NAslund: 02-10-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:

Same with our defense.

I would like to see:

Bourque-Plek-Gionta
MaxPac-Eller-DD
Gallagher-Gally-Cole
Prust-White-Moen

Markov-Gorges
Emelin-PK
Bouillon-Diaz
Problem is that Montreal is too small....
They need to make some serious choices

Desharnais or Plekanec - not Both
Gallagher or Gionta - not Both
Let Tinordi play over Boullion as the number 6

You can't have Gallagher Gionta Desharnais Plekanec and Boullion all the lineup that's crazy.
In my eyes Gionta Boullion and Desharnais need to go....

Old
02-10-2013, 05:33 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Problem is that Montreal is too small....
They need to make some serious choices

Desharnais or Plekanec - not Both
Gallagher or Gionta - not Both
Let Tinordi play over Boullion as the number 6

You can't have Gallagher Gionta Desharnais Plekanec and Boullion all the lineup that's crazy.
In my eyes Gionta Boullion and Desharnais need to go....
I'm also thinking that DD and Gionta's days are numbered. Not sure the return for them will be great though. Maybe at the deadline if we are out of the running.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Have to look towards the future and it won't get any easier... Dougie Hamilton is 6foot5 and will be a fixture on the Bruin's D for years to come. Just a club full of monsters over there. No way it makes sense to have a trio of Gionta, DD and Gallagher up front. Just not going to work.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:50 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Have to look towards the future and it won't get any easier... Dougie Hamilton is 6foot5 and will be a fixture on the Bruin's D for years to come. Just a club full of monsters over there. No way it makes sense to have a trio of Gionta, DD and Gallagher up front. Just not going to work.
I wouldn't be afraid of Hamilton's physicality. His playing? Sure.

Can't wait for the first time Tinordi knocks him out.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I wouldn't be afraid of Hamilton's physicality. His playing? Sure.

Can't wait for the first time Tinordi knocks him out.
It's just another monster over there though... I mean Chara, Horton, Lucic and now this guy? I know size isn't everything but man...

I know he's a beanpole right now but that's going to change. He'll get bigger just like Chara did.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:56 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
It's just another monster over there though... I mean Chara, Horton, Lucic and now this guy? I know size isn't everything but man...
Horton is only like 6'2.

I'm not sure what we're debating here? That they have tall guys? Do you mean monster in the physicality sense? In which case, again, not afraid of hamilton. In terms of having a few tall guys, well, Chara isn't getting any younger. Hamilton won't replace what he brings.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Horton is only like 6'2.

I'm not sure what we're debating here? That they have tall guys? Do you mean monster in the physicality sense? In which case, again, not afraid of hamilton. In terms of having a few tall guys, well, Chara isn't getting any younger. Hamilton won't replace what he brings.
Tall and physical. Horton isn't huge but he's not small by any stretch (though I forgot about his concussion problems) Lucic is 6'4 and Chara is 6'9. Just seems like they keep cranking out big players and we keep cranking out smurfs.

I get that Hamilton isn't Chara but still in a one on one battle vs DD who do you think is going to win?

I'm just saying we could pay a little more attention to size that's all.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:12 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Tall and physical. Horton isn't huge but he's not small by any stretch (though I forgot about his concussion problems) Lucic is 6'4 and Chara is 6'9. Just seems like they keep cranking out big players and we keep cranking out smurfs.

I get that Hamilton isn't Chara but still in a one on one battle vs DD who do you think is going to win?

I'm just saying we could pay a little more attention to size that's all.
Oh, yeah. I agree that we need to address the size issue. Bouillon was a swell guy and still is, but signing him and armstrong were both pretty big mistakes. Those spots could have been taken by bigger, stronger guys who served more of a defined purpose.

Next time, Bergevin, listen to your pro scouts on who to go out and sign, and not the coach who hasn't been behind a bench in a few years.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:21 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Sounds like the both of you just want some swole, huge men to address your size issues? That can be arranged, ask Et Le But.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:24 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:

I know he's a beanpole right now but that's going to change. He'll get bigger just like Chara did.
Chara's gonna be 36 in March..he's not gonna play forever. You take him out, and all of a sudden Boston's defence is not as tough anymore. Hamilton is tall, but he's not really a fighter...I think he's actually only fought twice.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
I would usually say ''typical post, lose badly and all hell breaks loose'', however I know this has been your opinion for a long time.

That being said, I don't think judging the team after a horrible performance is credible, just like doing it after everything clicked on the ice.

I don't follow trade proposal threads, they are useless, so I don't know the general opinion of the board, but I don't think anybody would have a problem trading Plekanec or DD or Gorges for bigger better players. Easier said than done though. I don't have any interest in trading them for 2nd round draft picks.

But like I said, yesterday wasn't a good indication, everybody played poorly, couldn't make a decent pass, it was just bad. But I'm also pretty sure this team is far from what Bergevin and Therrien have in mind. Bergevin said so when he took over, ''there's a lot of work to be done''. Won't happen in one off season though..
I am glad you quoted Bergevin. If he has the autonomy we think he does, and the mindset we think he does, we will see change.

If last night's game did anything, it illustrated in a big way the gaps to the ownership group . Even if it was a Leaf team on a good night against a Hab team on a bad night it showed on an embarassing scale that this team is not ready for the top echelon . It should give Bergevin and team the green light to put the rebuild on a longer timeline and give him authorization to build through the draft. After all , for the longest time some Habs fans have felt that ownership and fandom would never tolerate a rebuild.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:26 PM
JohnLennon

We don't need tough guys, we need some players who can put the puck in the net. All our scorers are on slumps: Gionta, Cole, Pacioretty.

It'll get better. I hope.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Chara's gonna be 36 in March..he's not gonna play forever. You take him out, and all of a sudden Boston's defence is not as tough anymore. Hamilton is tall, but he's not really a fighter...I think he's actually only fought twice.
It's not really the fighting though, its a question of overall size and grit. I appreciate that Chara is getting older but now they've replace him with another tower. The road to the cup will go through Boston and I think we've got to be shore up the size on this team.

I know it's only one loss. But sometimes getting creamed provides you with the benefit of examining your weaknesses. I know that we're not going to lose every game like we did yesterday but last night definitely exposed a weakness that we have going forward. I think it's a weakness that should actually be addressed.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
It's not really the fighting though, its a question of overall size and grit. I appreciate that Chara is getting older but now they've replace him with another tower. The road to the cup will go through Boston and I think we've got to be shore up the size on this team.

I know it's only one loss. But sometimes getting creamed provides you with the benefit of examining your weaknesses. I know that we're not going to lose every game like we did yesterday but last night definitely exposed a weakness that we have going forward. I think it's a weakness that should actually be addressed.
Agreed but that being said Montreal has some size on the blueline in Tinordi on the way to match what Boston has in Hamilton. Also Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu are very solid prospects.

Where Montreal lacks size is up front.

Plekanec Gionta Gallagher and Desharnais can;t have four little guys like that in your top six.

Perosnally I'd move Gionta at the dealdine if Montreal is out of the picture and move Desharnais with some other pieces and get a quality C (ASAP) or play Eller there until Galchenyuk matures.

Eller at this point can't really do much worse then Desharnais has and this would give him a shot to put up or shut up at his natural position on a OFEENSIVE line for once.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Agreed but that being said Montreal has some size on the blueline in Tinordi on the way to match what Boston has in Hamilton. Also Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu are very solid prospects.

Where Montreal lacks size is up front.

Plekanec Gionta Gallagher and Desharnais can;t have four little guys like that in your top six.

Perosnally I'd move Gionta at the dealdine if Montreal is out of the picture and move Desharnais with some other pieces and get a quality C (ASAP) or play Eller there until Galchenyuk matures.

Eller at this point can't really do much worse then Desharnais has and this would give him a shot to put up or shut up at his natural position on a OFEENSIVE line for once.
Its more up front that I'm worried about but our blueline isn't all that big either.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Unfortunately this is the truth. Hockey has become a battle ground and a HUGE reason why a sport like Soccer has taken over minor league registrations in Canada

The game is ruthless and extreemely violent not to call it insane.

As a parent why would you want your kid to grow up playing hockey right now?
People love hockey it's as simple as that. My 8 years old nephew thinks, eats, sleeps hockey and if anything these type of things makes him love it even more. He kept calling me today saying what type of players the Habs should try to get.

As far the lack of kids playing hockey, it's because it's too demanding money-wise and time-wise.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
People love hockey it's as simple as that. My 8 years old nephew thinks, eats, sleeps hockey and if anything these type of things makes him love it even more. He kept calling me today saying what type of players the Habs should try to get.

As far the lack of kids playing hockey, it's because it's too demanding money-wise and time-wise.
I have kids in both Hockey and Soccer competitive in both and soocer cost me 500 for registration alone and they play 5 days a week.

Soccer is ALMOST as expensive as hockey is now. To rent 1 hour of indoor time is 200 bucks......Money and time comittment is no longer an excuse as to why kids play soccer over hockey.

Hockey is violent and if I had the choice I woud tell my kid not to play hockey for that reason but he likes it and the other prefers soccer.

All the viking like behaviour on the ice should be punished by law, players that played that way are retiring fumbling idiots and can hardly talk or end up dead.

Fighting will always be part of hockey but all the other stuff that goes in a game is stupid reckless and just plain sick.