HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Unheralded Habs Prospect are you High about ? Do you feel a sleeper ?

Old
07-06-2006, 03:19 PM
BORAT

vCash: 500
Which Unheralded Habs Prospect are you High about ? Do you feel a sleeper ?

That Last Question sounded weird but ...................

Ok in my case I feel very strongly about the advent of a player who has recieved little notice here compared to Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Coté, Chipchura etc...

But I really feel Maxim Lapierre can make his place on the team starting next year alongside side Steve Begin and Garth Murray ! Who knows what may happen but I've heard Lapierre has been intent on working his way into '' fine tuning '' his scoring touch over the summer .

So who knows how he'll do in training camp, I'm very high on him making the team out of camp.

I am also high on Chipchura but mainly because I saw how devastatingly efficient he was for the Bulldogs at the end of the year.

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:20 PM
BORAT

I can easily say that Garth Murray and Plekanec were unexpected additions this year as everybody was convinced they'd be AHL material !

Old
07-06-2006, 03:23 PM
wholeshow*

grabovsky, i believe he can play in the NHL right now and actually pull up better numbers than ribeiro.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post

...I'm very high ...

I am also high...
Yes, well that explains your suit.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:24 PM
greatlakeshab

Emelin, hopefully he becomes a Konstantinov. Before the car accident Konstantinov was Detroit's premiere hitter on D. Roenick got his bell rung once and a few other players as well.

greatlakeshab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
I expect Ferland and Lapierre to be part of our 4th line this year or next. Murray will most likely keep improving and secure a spot on the 3rd. With the departure of Sunny , Bulis and Dagenais they will get a good look with the team this year.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:25 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Yes, well that explains your suit.
that explains your flag

Old
07-06-2006, 03:26 PM
habsforlife

Quote:
I can easily say that Garth Murray and Plekanec were unexpected additions this year as everybody was convinced they'd be AHL material !
i dont think plekanek was unexpected at all. the season before, he was the remaining player fighting with ryder for a roster spot.

garth murray though, what a nice surprise. i love the way gainey found something out of nothing. hossa was not in the plans and managed to get murray out of nothing.

habsforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:27 PM
habsforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
grabovsky, i believe he can play in the NHL right now and actually pull up better numbers than ribeiro.
same for me.

habsforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:28 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:

Ok in my case I feel very strongly about the advent of a player who has recieved little notice here compared to Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Coté, Chipchura etc...

But I really feel Maxim Lapierre can make his place on the team starting next year alongside side Steve Begin and Garth Murray ! Who knows what may happen but I've heard Lapierre has been intent on working his way into '' fine tuning '' his scoring touch over the summer .

So who knows how he'll do in training camp, I'm very high on him making the team out of camp.

I am also high on Chipchura but mainly because I saw how devastatingly efficient he was for the Bulldogs at the end of the year.
I agree with you on laps speed grit and a shot good defensive awareness a lil like a grittier Russ Courtnall. He lacks creativity but Bonk can give him the odd feed. Laps is my pick as well.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:33 PM
hab

did grabovsky even sign yet....

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Can a hab prospect be unheralded?

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:39 PM
SOLR

What do you mean by unheralded?

I think A.Kostitsyn is a sleeper for the Calder race in a normal year.(Without Malkin...)

I wish S.Kost starts in the AHL.

Im pretty high on Grabovski too, he might challenge Sunny for his spot and be the answer to many many many problems.

I like Lapierre and Ferland as well. I think Ferland is a starter this year and maybe Lapierre + Chipchura if Bonk is dumped.

Streit to me is undervalued here on HF, I think he could step up and be a regular all year.(Hes 29, but still somewhat a prospect)

To conclude. Latendresse the wildcard, It was my opinion before the post-season started that he would still be up for another Junior year, until I learned about the Scott Livingstone affair. Its smells like the 5th floor at the Bell Centre is in "special treatment mode" with the kid, it may means he will be part of the team next year, seeing hes the power forward we have been waiting for. Its feels a lot like when Ribeiro was 19 and he made the team for 20 games. Theres big differences between the 2 players. Latendresse is faster, much stronger and I think generally more talented than Ribeiro, so those special treatments might work better.

We could very well have a formation like this after the camp: (This would be dead scary for the teams in our division.)

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kovalev
Latendresse-Pleckanec-Perezhogin
Bonk-Begin-Murray

But with todays signing, its possible Grabovski might not be signed this year so it might be:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Lats-Ribs-Kovalev
Kost-Pleckanec-Perezhogin
Bonk-Begin-Murray

If Bonk is dumped=Ferland
First injuries: Chipchura, Lapierre.

All that being said, I think the 2nd option is more probable, even if Grabovski is signed, Ribs might have an official "last chance" by Gainey. Plus Grabovski might profit from some AHL.

Last edited by SOLR: 07-06-2006 at 03:46 PM.
SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Kafka

Quote:

I went to see the rookie camp at Brebeuf in 2003, and has I mentioned previously, I noted Lapierre's play, and mostly his wrist shot... I know he can skate well also..... but its hard to say he will surprise everyone at the NHL level since he couldn't dominate in the AHL last year.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I am a big fan of Lapierre's and also hope to see what a healthy Ferland can do.

I think O'Byrne is underrated by many, I have very high hopes for him. I look forward to seeing Emelin continue to progress.

I've liked Heino since I saw him at camp but am concerned about him coming over since Halak and Price should be the goalies in Hamilton after next summer when he has to be signed.

Grabovsky clearly I am very high on his skills and upside. I also really like what I've seen from Siarhei Kostitsyn and really can't wait to see him in the AHL.

I expect a big year from Chipchura, not so much points wise but all round play and physical play. Not overly physical but smart physical, something Lapierre needs to learn.

I hope to see Lambert make a name for himself with the Bulldogs. I hope to see him pot 20 next year.

Would like to see Sanford improve his defensive game. He sure can create offense.

Wyman may surprise down the road if he can pick up the offense. He's gotten big and plays a decent power game.

Ryan White is also a guy I really look forward to seeing what he can do down the road.

Paquet is a guy I want to see more of, good blend of size, skating and speed. At 18/19 he was already around Hainsey's size with a very good skating stride. Took too many penalties this year, and while he's a long, long ways away I could see him being more of a surprise.

Mikus is the one prospect prior to last months drafted prospects that I know so little about. I only got to see him once and he wasn't a Hab at the time. Luckly I have the game on tape, but what I saw I wasn't overly impressed. That said I have talked to a scout at ISS and know that other scouting agenices had him ranked very high, some calling him one of the sleepers of the draft. But now that he should be with the Sags, that's great news cause not only should I get to see him more but so will others who will give me feed back on what they see. Plus assuming he plays for the Sags and all goes well then he could be in Hamilton next year.

Of course I'm a big Kostitsyn and Latendresse fan since I rank them 1st and 2nd as our top prospects. But Price could easily be our top prospect and a great NHLer down the road.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:44 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I went to see the rookie camp at Brebeuf in 2003, and has I mentioned previously, I noted Lapierre's play, and mostly his wrist shot... I know he can skate well also..... but its hard to say he will surprise everyone at the NHL level since he couldn't dominate in the AHL last year.
Surprise as in making the team playing a ballsy two way game replacing Bulis.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:45 PM
tritone

I think Dick Hertz has a BIG chance if he works HARD enough and stays with his RIGID training program

Borat's av is really freaking me out!

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:49 PM
madbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej View Post
I expect Ferland and Lapierre to be part of our 4th line this year or next. Murray will most likely keep improving and secure a spot on the 3rd. With the departure of Sunny , Bulis and Dagenais they will get a good look with the team this year.
Absolutely love Lapierre and Ferland. I see them being regulars in 2 years depending on who stays and who goes... of course.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:53 PM
SOLR

Lapierre-Begin-Ferland

Would be a scary 4th line.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
I like Mathieu Aubin, quite dominant last season for a 18 years old.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
kostitsyn1489

I go for Grabovski! Mikus is high too I'm pretty sure after his junior tme I'll be a big part of our team.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:01 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab View Post
did grabovsky even sign yet....
i don't think so, but i expect him to atleast be in hamilton this season.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
I like Mathieu Aubin, quite dominant last season for a 18 years old.
19 year old. That's why he'll be in Hamilton this year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Habsy

Angelo Esposito

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:08 PM
KaptainKourage*

James Sanford will be better than peoples think