HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumour from Flyers board (Gagne)

Old
07-06-2006, 03:25 PM
GoHabsGO252006

vCash: 500
I've tried to explain this before and I will attempt once again for the sake of everyone on here. To be 4 first rounders would have to be OVER 5.6 MILLION not 5 million. the reason being in clause 10.4 of teh CBA the compensation section tells us that the compensation amounts are adjusted by the same percentage as teh cap. Therefore

INCREASE in cap of 12%.

INCREASE in range of salary limit from 5M to 5.6M We can offer Gagne 5.5M a year and still only forfeit 2 #1 picks, 1 #2 pick and 1 #3 pick.

I hope I was clear enough in this analysis any questions just ask

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by flick0069 View Post
If I was Clarke, I would take the 4 1st rounders because with parity in the new NHL, a couple of those picks could be top 5'ers
There might be parity, but with its youth, I doubt Montreal will have trouble in the next five years to finnish in the 20 first teams of the league. It may be the fantasy league guy speaking, but I would prefer to see Gainey negociate a trade for Gagné instead of making an hostile buying offer for him. Gagné seems to be prone to injuries also... anyway, I wonder how Sauve could have been informed about this one....

Has for Markov, I believe he could be traded if he plans to leave at the end of next season. It seems he likes Kovalev's presence with the club, and you can see that Kovalev always tries to find him on the ice to give him the puck.... so if Gainey signs Markov for the next two or three seasons, I say he should also plan to make Russians playing together.... it worked well for Detroit years ago, and they now seem to do the same thing with Swedes... and I expect Dallas to plan to do the same thing with Finnish players.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post
I've tried to explain this before and I will attempt once again for the sake of everyone on here. To be 4 first rounders would have to be OVER 5.6 MILLION not 5 million. the reason being in clause 10.4 of teh CBA the compensation section tells us that the compensation amounts are adjusted by the same percentage as teh cap. Therefore

INCREASE in cap of 12%.

INCREASE in range of salary limit from 5M to 5.6M We can offer Gagne 5.5M a year and still only forfeit 2 #1 picks, 1 #2 pick and 1 #3 pick.

I'd so hit it then

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:42 PM
habslife

If we get Gagné, it means we should be a better team, right? It means that our first round picks would be around the 22nd to 30th pick. Most of the times, the best prospects are already drafted, so... what's 4 first rounders or 2 first, a second and a third?

Furthermore, a lot of posters are complaining about Montreal's first round picks every year. If we give them to Philly, nobody will be pissed off with our picks anymore

I would be all for it if we get Gagné through a trade, but I would stay away from giving Markov, if possible.

habslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:44 PM
HabsUnited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
There might be parity, but with its youth, I doubt Montreal will have trouble in the next five years to finnish in the 20 first teams of the league. It may be the fantasy league guy speaking, but I would prefer to see Gainey negociate a trade for Gagné instead of making an hostile buying offer for him. Gagné seems to be prone to injuries also... anyway, I wonder how Sauve could have been informed about this one....

Has for Markov, I believe he could be traded if he plans to leave at the end of next season. It seems he likes Kovalev's presence with the club, and you can see that Kovalev always tries to find him on the ice to give him the puck.... so if Gainey signs Markov for the next two or three seasons, I say he should also plan to make Russians playing together.... it worked well for Detroit years ago, and they now seem to do the same thing with Swedes... and I expect Dallas to plan to do the same thing with Finnish players.

The Habs are doing it with the Swiss

HabsUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Artyukhin*

this is the guy who started this rumour (GANGE TO MONTREAL)
check his posting history he's been 100% wrong everytime ranks up there with ecklund

http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/se...earchid=109262

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:16 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

That won't happen.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post
I agree Gagné has more '' Pazaz '' than Ryder but ... I dunno something reaks of '' lets get him for the sake of getting a French Canadian ''
Gagne has won an Olympic gold medal, just being on that team is a prime example to how superior he is compared to Ryder, Gagne plays a complete game for a scoring winger its one of his biggest compliments.

I feel that since Ryder is from the east coast he has most value on the habs compared to if he was on another team. Gagnes value is good on any team, french canadian or not.

Is he worth 4 1st rounders or our best/most solid defenceman? probably not is he a large upgrade from Ryder? he certainly is.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
I go to FlyersPhans and read their stuff often. "Nachbaur" has never correctly predicted a signing that I've seen. He's worse than Eklund.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:39 PM
jpchabby
Drive for 25

Sure it's nice to have 1st round picks, but according to the fact that we have a lot of very good prospects (Perez, Kostitsyn brothers, Latendresse, Chipchura, Price, Danis, Emelin, etc.), even if we lost 1st rounders, we still have a lot of young players waiting to play... I'm not saying that Gagné is worth this, but even if we lost 4 1st rounders, we'd still have a lot of good players...

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post
Jesus Christ ... I am starting to freak out with some of these rumours ...
No offense Borat, but some of the rumors you come up with make us freak out too

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:10 PM
goalchenyuk

May be we can trade Markov for Gagné , and at the end of the season , resign Markov as a free agent .

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:18 PM
HomaridII

FYI

Tim Panaccio of the Philadelphia Inquirer will write an article tomorrow where he will speak bout the rumours of a "certain canadian team" coming after Gagne

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
FYI

Tim Panaccio of the Philadelphia Inquirer will write an article tomorrow where he will speak bout the rumours of a "certain canadian team" coming after Gagne
that should be interesting. be certain to provide a link of that article, could be a good read

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Gags1288

Clarke said today on television that the two sides are close to a deal, close on the dollars and the years. He said he expects Gagne to be signed by next week and that they will be definately be signing him.

Also, Timmy P. has a strong dislike for Clarke dating back several years and puts everything in a negative light. The Flyers often will not give him the information they give to other beat writers because of that so I wouldn't put too much stock into what he has to say or what he's speculating.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Goalie3636

Not 4 1sts

Umm I believe you are mistaken,,

The contract has to be $5.5 million for 4 1sts,, To my knowledge it's 2 1sts and a 2nd and 3rd or something along those lines for $5 mill. to $5.49 mill.

Goalie3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
RE-HABS

Why would Montreal sign him to that when they could contact Philly and tell them that they have been in contact with Gagne and he is willing to accept an offer from the at "X" amount. Then tell Clarke that he can look at the roster on the Habs and make him an offer in trade...no signing needs to be done to lose first rounders, 1 and player of substance with maybe a prospect could be given to Clarke if Gagne is going to put them over the cap or if they feel he isn't worth that amount.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:07 PM
BOB the Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
oh good god..wow..that brings back memories..thanks for that

Oh wait..does the fact that I remember that video make me old?

Rico..Suave

BOB the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
that's what I was saying yesterday...I wouldn't be surprised Gainey gets Gagné to shut those francophone medias up
everybody knows the french media have been on the Habs' back for a long time now because they don't have francophone stars on board.
years after years after years of that pressure by the french media might be getting to the Habs.
I might be wrong, but since Flower, I don't think the Habs have drafted an offensive francophone star
anyways, this is all half-a$$ speculations on my part
Then again you could always try cheering for other teams....

I think I speak for a lot of Habs fans I saying that a french star would be awesome. It`s not just a "media thing".

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:15 AM
JJ

I thought compensation for Gagnee would be 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder and a third or fourth rounder. 4 first rounders seems a little steep compared to what I've read on other boards.

JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Then again you could always try cheering for other teams....

I think I speak for a lot of Habs fans I saying that a french star would be awesome. It`s not just a "media thing".
you mind explaining why I should go cheer for other teams?

did I say I didn't want a francophone star with the Habs? no, I don't think I said that. I was just saying I think Habs organisation has alot of pressure from the french media.

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:59 PM
nextgretz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post

INCREASE in cap of 12%.

finally someone whos gets it. i'm glad that someone else on this forum has some brains

nextgretz* is offline   Reply With Quote