HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2013, 06:27 PM
  #776
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerektheHabsfan82 View Post
I have a few questions:

Are Matt Martin, Jared Boll and Cody Beach heavyweights?

Can Matt Kassian and Bordeleau play without being a liability to the team? Who is the better player between the two?

What about John Erskine? Is he any good?
Martin no. Boll is a lightheavy with big balls. Beach is to young and is not a heavy at the moment.

Bordeleau the better player. And yes, he can play a bit

Erskine is good for a 5-6-7d

bud12 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
  #777
DerektheHabsfan82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Martin no. Boll is a lightheavy with big balls. Beach is to young and is not a heavy at the moment.

Bordeleau the better player. And yes, he can play a bit

Erskine is good for a 5-6-7d
Thanks.

But when I asked about Erskine, I meant is he any good at fighting.

DerektheHabsfan82 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 06:40 PM
  #778
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerektheHabsfan82 View Post
Thanks.

But when I asked about Erskine, I meant is he any good at fighting.
http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Player...px?Player=1254

He rarely loses.

68 is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 06:45 PM
  #779
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
He doesn't fight heavies much anymore. In fact, he doesn't fight much anymore period.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 06:45 PM
  #780
DerektheHabsfan82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Hope we could sign him in free agency this year as a 7th d.

DerektheHabsfan82 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 06:53 PM
  #781
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
He doesn't fight heavies much anymore. In fact, he doesn't fight much anymore period.
He's on a leash by the coaching staff because of is concussion problem. Don't fight much now but will go with anyone to protect a teammeate. Really underated in term of fighting skill. He throw with serious intention.

bud12 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:00 PM
  #782
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,779
vCash: 500
Criss nevermind the enforcers, have you seen our D? Nobody is intimidated when someone go in front of our goalies. At least Gill could clean up the front of the net. Even Hammer to some extent. I can't believe I was so naive to think we had a physical D with Emelin in there. Soffffff

Kimota is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:02 PM
  #783
nilan30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Bordeleau > Kassian
Yeah but Bordeleau I believe has dressed for every game this year while Kassian hasn't played and with the addition of Mike Rupp the Wild brass has hinted that they might try to move him or waive him. Another guy is Brian McGrattan who I don't think has seen much ice in Nashville this year.

Kassian or McGrattan would make me happy. So would Bordeleau but he's less avaialable I beleive.

I still think the Habs really need more size in general. While they had a fair amount of shots it seemed like they were mostly from the half boards. The Leafs had a huge d squad last night with the exception of Liles and the Habs small forwards could not do much.

nilan30 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:35 PM
  #784
Rick16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,000
vCash: 500
What about giving a NHL contract to Stortini? Sorry if this had been discussed, I havn't read the whole thread.

Rick16 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:52 PM
  #785
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
What about giving a NHL contract to Stortini? Sorry if this had been discussed, I havn't read the whole thread.
He's merely a punching bag. No thanks.

TennisMenace is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:00 PM
  #786
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 10,912
vCash: 500
Well there is some size and toughness coming up on D in the system. Tinordi for one and Dalton Thrower and Darren Dietz , even though not heavyweights , aren't pushovers. That's assuming they all make it to the NHL without being liabilities of course.

Bronn is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:00 PM
  #787
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
What about giving a NHL contract to Stortini? Sorry if this had been discussed, I havn't read the whole thread.
Stortini is awful.

overlords is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:08 PM
  #788
Rick16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
He's merely a punching bag. No thanks.
Yeah I know, but still, I would rather like seeing him get crushed than seeing gorges get laughed at.

Rick16 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:13 PM
  #789
blarneylad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
Yeah but Bordeleau I believe has dressed for every game this year while Kassian hasn't played and with the addition of Mike Rupp the Wild brass has hinted that they might try to move him or waive him. Another guy is Brian McGrattan who I don't think has seen much ice in Nashville this year.

Kassian or McGrattan would make me happy. So would Bordeleau but he's less avaialable I beleive.

I still think the Habs really need more size in general. While they had a fair amount of shots it seemed like they were mostly from the half boards. The Leafs had a huge d squad last night with the exception of Liles and the Habs small forwards could not do much.
Honestly habs aren't going to contend this year. But they could benefit from having a heavy weight to protect the young guys and our captain.

Bringing in a guy like Erksine to toughen up our d corps would be good, he would play a regular shift and not fight unless needed (like Gorges), and then bring in one of the guys you mentioned.

Bordeleau would be my pick, but Kassian would too. If habs could get a guy like Steve MacIntyre signed to a two-way contract and call him up as the habs see fit it would be nice.

But lets not forget that this game wasn't lost because of fighting. The game was lost in the faceoff circle, the offensive zone, the defensive zone and effort level.

If habs are winning 6-0 in the third, we don't even bother dropping gloves with their goons.

A bit of size would be nice, and one heavy weight who can do damage when called upon would be nice. I like MacIntyre and John Scott for those roles.

Habs need a bit of size on the point to fill in for when Tinordi is ready

blarneylad is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:17 PM
  #790
Lions999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
We did good with Prust but we need a heavy weight.

Lions999 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:18 PM
  #791
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Yeah I know, but still, I would rather like seeing him get crushed than seeing gorges get laughed at.
I'm beginning to see things with a different spin. Maybe that is what is needed for our braintrust to act - watching one of their heavily paid assets break a jaw and miss 2 months to heal.

Maybe then they might realize what we all, or most of us, know.

Leafs get Fraser, McLaren, JVR, and Orr

We get Prust, Cube, Armstrong, and Budaj.

Who do you think improved greatly with these additions?

TennisMenace is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:20 PM
  #792
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
This thread is pure lol.

All you need to do is tell Prust to his ass on the bench and not rile up the other team. His job is to provide energy to Montreal, not boost up the other team.

You guys are seriously planning to give away roster spots to scrubs just because of Saturday? I think those roster spots are better spent elsewhere.

12345* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:22 PM
  #793
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
I'm beginning to see things with a different spin. Maybe that is what is needed for our braintrust to act - watching one of their heavily paid assets break a jaw and miss 2 months to heal.

Maybe then they might realize what we all, or most of us, know.

Leafs get Fraser, McLaren, JVR, and Orr

We get Prust, Cube, Armstrong, and Budaj.

Who do you think improved greatly with these additions?
JVR? What?

12345* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:22 PM
  #794
blarneylad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
I'm beginning to see things with a different spin. Maybe that is what is needed for our braintrust to act - watching one of their heavily paid assets break a jaw and miss 2 months to heal.

Maybe then they might realize what we all, or most of us, know.

Leafs get Fraser, McLaren, JVR, and Orr

We get Prust, Cube, Armstrong, and Budaj.

Who do you think improved greatly with these additions?
Well, JVR is the best of the group. But Prust can play a regular shift in the NHL. He is a 3rd liner.

Fraser, McLaren, and Orr aren't NHL caliber hockey players. That is the ghost of Burke.

blarneylad is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:25 PM
  #795
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
This thread is pure lol.

All you need to do is tell Prust to his ass on the bench and not rile up the other team. His job is to provide energy to Montreal, not boost up the other team.

You guys are seriously planning to give away roster spots to scrubs just because of Saturday? I think those roster spots are better spent elsewhere.
Its time we end the continous beatdown we are getting. We have become the NHL laughing stock.

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:25 PM
  #796
blarneylad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
This thread is pure lol.

All you need to do is tell Prust to his ass on the bench and not rile up the other team. His job is to provide energy to Montreal, not boost up the other team.

You guys are seriously planning to give away roster spots to scrubs just because of Saturday? I think those roster spots are better spent elsewhere.
Definetely need guys that can play a shift. I like the mention of Erksine the most. He wouldn't fight for us, but rather add size to the point. When he absolutely has to fight he does, like Gorges did.

Leafs blew us out before the fighting. Not because of the fighting. I wouldnt mind having a bruiser in the AHL, who upon a call is ready to play the leafs and fight those clowns. Lil sideshow to keep leafs off Gionta, Bourque and Gorges.

blarneylad is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:27 PM
  #797
lampshade*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
Well, JVR is the best of the group. But Prust can play a regular shift in the NHL. He is a 3rd liner.

Fraser, McLaren, and Orr aren't NHL caliber hockey players. That is the ghost of Burke.
Yea 390+ NHL games sure is telling Orr isn't NHL calibre.

lampshade* is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:28 PM
  #798
blarneylad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
Yea 390+ NHL games sure is telling Orr isn't NHL calibre.
he is evidence that the NHL talent pool is diluted by 30 teams.

blarneylad is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:29 PM
  #799
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin
 
AllanMTL46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
Country: Canada
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
What I think we're missing is a 6'5 or something guy who can drop the gloves...I mean I love Prust and our guys, but when big boys like that come, our guys can't do anything. Tinordi maybe?

AllanMTL46 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:29 PM
  #800
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
Well, JVR is the best of the group. But Prust can play a regular shift in the NHL. He is a 3rd liner.

Fraser, McLaren, and Orr aren't NHL caliber hockey players. That is the ghost of Burke.
Orr is apparently not an NHL caliber hockey player but he's played 9 seasons in the NHL. Orr is one of the best at what he does.

Fraser is a 6/7 D 26yo who got his first shot at the NHL and has been really solid.

JVR is a 2nd OVERALL pick - I'm not even sure why he's being discussed in a tough guy thread. He is huge but he is not a fighter, nor did he do anything last night.

McClaren is 25 y.o. enforcer - too young to determine whether he is a 4th liner or not. He can skate though.

12345* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.