HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

John carlsson to the bruins

Old
02-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Montecristo

vCash: 500
John carlsson to the bruins

With rask in all likelihood getting a long term extension and svedberg playing very well in the "a", is malcolm subban the most likely trade bait right now? Leading the ohl in goals against, future #1 starter potential, I wouldn't mind if the bruins dealt him to a team like washington, who's starting to question Braden holtbys long term future after a great playoffs. A deal that looks like subban, boychuk, khoklachev and a 1st for John carlsson.

Gives the caps a top 6 defensmen in the short term and a potential top 6 forward, top flight goalie and a player to be named later in the longterm. Bruins get a top pairing defensemen to go with Dougie Hamilton long term, and strengthen their overall D in the short term

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
With rask in all likelihood getting a long term extension and svedberg playing very well in the "a", is malcolm subban the most likely trade bait right now? Leading the ohl in goals against, future #1 starter potential, I wouldn't mind if the bruins dealt him to a team like washington, who's starting to question Braden holtbys long term future after a great playoffs. A deal that looks like subban, boychuk, khoklachev and a 1st for John carlsson.

Gives the caps a top 6 defensmen in the short term and a potential top 6 forward, top flight goalie and a player to be named later in the longterm. Bruins get a top pairing defensemen to go with Dougie Hamilton long term, and strengthen their overall D in the short term
Is this real?

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

That's an awful lot to give up for someone playing in Sweden after they couldn't stick in the AHL. Unless the OP meant John Carlson and not John Carlsson.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:11 PM
hlaverty06

Is this real life?

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
That's an awful lot to give up for someone playing in Sweden after they couldn't stick in the AHL. Unless the OP meant John Carlson and not John Carlsson.
I think he did and it's still way too much.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Yeah I obviously meant carlson when you look at the context of the trade

Old
02-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Yeah I obviously meant carlson when you look at the context of the trade
So John Carlson for the record then is worth

Two of your best prospects
A top four D pairing
and a first rounder??

That's a package for a 1 1/4 year rental 40 goal scorer on a team pushing for a cup run like a Kovalchuk, Gaborik, Nash, Perry and the like...

Old
02-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Oates2Neely

I'd do it

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
So John Carlson for the record then is worth

Two of your best prospects
A top four D pairing
and a first rounder??

That's a package for a 1 1/4 year rental 40 goal scorer on a team pushing for a cup run like a Kovalchuk, Gaborik, Nash, Perry and the like...

Pretty much. Those 2 prospects have more value to other teams then they do the bruins. How many years will koko stay in the AHL before fleeing to russia? I bet it's more if the opportunity to play with ovechkin waits at the end of the tunnel.

And if tuuka signs a long term deal, what need is there to have subban, especially if you already have Svedberg and volden who look like future NHL back stops.

Boychuk is a great player, but hes over paid and frankly not nearly as talented as the still only 23 year old carlson. I initially had a 2nd round pick but figured I'd change it to a first assuming caps fans would cry not enough.

This move not only helps the bruins in the short term, effectively trading boychuk for Carlson for this season, but also Long term after chara retires, the bs will still have a very stout defense with hamilton and carlson leading them

Last edited by Montecristo: 02-10-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old
02-10-2013, 04:35 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Pretty much. Those 2 prospects have more value to other teams then they do the bruins. How many years will koko stay in the AHL before fleeing to russia? I bet it's more if the opportunity to play with ovechkin waits at the end of the tunnel.

And if tuuka signs a long term deal, what need is there to have subban, especially if you already have Svedberg and volden who look like future NHL back stops.

Boychuk is a great player, but hes over paid and frankly not nearly as talented as the still only 23 year old carlson. I initially had a 2nd round pick but figured I'd change it to a first assuming caps fans would cry not enough.

This move not only helps the bruins in the short term, effectively trading boychuk for Carlson for this season, but also Long term after chara retires, the bs will still have a very stout defense with hamilton and carlson leading them
If the Bruins wanted to move all those players they could get a better return than Carlson.

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:55 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

We are not trading for a goalie. No need. Go to Philly.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:56 PM
txpd

a. the caps wouldnt trade carlson
b. they have no need for subban. the world doesnt know the caps have too many young goalies as it is?
c. when teams blow their rosters up for a rebuild they keep the bring young under 25 players that they have under contract already.

why would the caps trade carlson?

btw....top 6 always means 5 and 6. how do the caps get better by removing their 2d or 3d for a 6d and prospects?

edit: this is no disrespect to the boston assets in the offering. its just that a trade like that has no basis in how the real nhl works

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:04 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
b. they have no need for subban. the world doesnt know the caps have too many young goalies as it is?
c. when teams blow their rosters up for a rebuild they keep the bring young under 25 players that they have under contract already.

btw....top 6 always means 5 and 6. how do the caps get better by removing their 2d or 3d for a 6d and prospects?

edit: this is no disrespect to the boston assets in the offering. its just that a trade like that has no basis in how the real nhl works
Just to clarify, Johnny Boychuck is not a sixth defensemen. Easily a 3 or a 4 on any team in the league.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
We are not trading for a goalie. No need. Go to Philly.
You can look elsewhere as well, Bryz has been > than solid.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Montecristo

Quote:

If it makes any diffence boychuk would likely be the top pairing defensemen for washington after this deal. I guess this is the rare case where someone says "top 6" defensmen when talking about a top 4. I'd say Johnny is the 3rd best defensmen on the bruins right now behind seidenberg and chara.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:24 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthSpoke06 View Post
Just to clarify, Johnny Boychuck is not a sixth defensemen. Easily a 3 or a 4 on any team in the league.
well...there you go. why would anyone trade a 3 for a 2? id bet many b's fans wouldnt think carlson on the crappy caps a 2 anyway. how many think boychuk as good or better than carlson?

Old
02-10-2013, 05:26 PM
txpd

Quote:
If it makes any diffence boychuk would likely be the top pairing defensemen for washington after this deal. I guess this is the rare case where someone says "top 6" defensmen when talking about a top 4. I'd say Johnny is the 3rd best defensmen on the bruins right now behind seidenberg and chara.
i am enlightened. boychuk is as good or better than carlson, alzner and green then?

so...if the caps are trading carlson for boychuk the caps should be adding. right?

Old
02-10-2013, 05:30 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

The Bruins and Caps have talked about Carlson recently and it would have been a move that alleviated salary for the Bruins next year. No idea which side balked or if it's still on the table... but Carlson to the Bruins isn't a completely out there idea.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
i am enlightened. boychuk is as good or better than carlson, alzner and green then?

so...if the caps are trading carlson for boychuk the caps should be adding. right?

I think boychuk is probably a hair worse then green, far worse offensively, far better defensively. The biggest reason why boychuk goes is simply he has hit his peak. A 3/4 defensmen is as good as he gets. He's also making a good chunk of money which the bs unload on the caps so they can afford Carlson and also have the money to re-up rask. Carlson is a 2/3 defensemen right now but can probably be a 1 or a great 2 when he hits his peak. So not only are the B's slightly better in the short term, carlsons development hopefully makes him a much better defensmen then boychuk long term. Which is why straight up is foolish. The B's add subban (a top flight goalie prospect) and khoklachev, a top 6 forward prospect. And a draft pick (1st or 2nd) whichever makes more sense. Khoklachev makes sense from the politics side of things too as he and kuznetsov are friends who played together in the wjc last year, so maybe with his and ovechkins influence, kuznetsov finally comes to NA

Old
02-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
I think boychuk is probably a hair worse then green, far worse offensively, far better defensively. The biggest reason why boychuk goes is simply he has hit his peak. A 3/4 defensmen is as good as he gets. He's also making a good chunk of money which the bs unload on the caps so they can afford Carlson and also have the money to re-up rask. Carlson is a 2/3 defensemen right now but can probably be a 1 or a great 2 when he hits his peak. So not only are the B's slightly better in the short term, carlsons development hopefully makes him a much better defensmen then boychuk long term. Which is why straight up is foolish. The B's add subban (a top flight goalie prospect) and khoklachev, a top 6 forward prospect. And a draft pick (1st or 2nd) whichever makes more sense. Khoklachev makes sense from the politics side of things too as he and kuznetsov are friends who played together in the wjc last year, so maybe with his and ovechkins influence, kuznetsov finally comes to NA
I can understand you not watching the caps much this year but if you missed last year's playoffs you should really find them on demand somewhere, there was some pretty good stuff going down.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:46 PM
glenbuis

As a habs fan i would hate to see the Bruins get Carlson. He's a stud on the blueline and very nasty to play against. Although the value is good I don't see Washington doing this( i hope they don't). Boychuk's ok, the first will be a very late first, the Russian prospect could bolt at any time and Subban definitely has potential but all of it doesn't seem to replace Carlson.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Brave Sir Robin

There is no chance a team that's struggling defensively, like the Caps, trades the closest thing they have to a franchise dman for a package suggested by the OP, especially when he is signed to a very reasonable contract.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:53 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
The Bruins and Caps have talked about Carlson recently and it would have been a move that alleviated salary for the Bruins next year. No idea which side balked or if it's still on the table... but Carlson to the Bruins isn't a completely out there idea.
link?

Old
02-10-2013, 07:56 PM
txpd

Quote:
The B's add subban (a top flight goalie prospect) .....
mcfly!!! hello!!!

have you noticed that the caps overstaffed at top flight goalie prospect? neuvirth and holtby are kids. varly was a kid and they moved him. they have grubauer at hershey with nhl start prospects. why would the caps want another one??

btw...am i reading this right. b's fans think the caps were ready to take a salary dump defenseman and give up john carlson in the process?

btw #2....nobody has sources that talk inside mcphee's office. his deals never hit the media. if its in the media, its false.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:08 PM
n3ss

Make it Sidenberg instead of boychuk, and drop subban.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote