HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver - Montreal trade inquiry

Old
07-06-2006, 02:47 PM
tritone

vCash: 500
to Van - Ribeiro , Zednik , Ryder

to Mtl - Naslund , the Sedins (yes both)

Yes, that's a sarcasm smiley...think about it before flaming

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
Thats what I meant...

Brendan Morrison = Mike Ribeiro version 2.0

don't you all get your panties tied in a knot now
New features on 2.0 are improved skating and better defence.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Squeaky

A potential deal that I've been kicking around in my head is:

Morrisson and a pick/prospect (mediocre) for Ribeiro + Zednik

I know the nucks won't be fond of giving up Morrisson for the likes of Ribeiro, but this deal would allow them to fill out their roster a little without giving up any cap space. Depending on what Ribs just signed for, the trade would basically be salary neutral. I wouldn't expect the nucks to do it, if not for their cap troubles.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
The awnser at RW for Vancouver is already in their systhem.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Jakomyte

I'm up for a deal revolving around Zednik for Morrison, but would be very hesitant to trade Ryder without getting a young stud scorer in return. We really can't afford to be dealing our top goal scorer for just anyone, especially when our team NEEDS to score more goals above all else.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:13 PM
bayrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
New features on 2.0 are improved skating and better defence.
marginally better. They're equally ugly though.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
sounds great! i would love to deal zednik for King. king has some potential, he could be given a chanve in out top 6, but likely he could play the third line. we still need to improve at least our C or LW and vancouver cant help much. Zednik is likely not to figure in our plans, so if we can turn him over for king, that would help vancover and give us a younger guy with some potential.
This would have a possibility with both teams as losing King wouldn't hurt the Canucks and it sounds like losing Zednik wouldn't hurt the Habs. Trading Morrison for Zednik or even Zednik & Ribeiro would not help the Canucks. I think some of the Hab posters either greatly overestimate Ribiero or greatly underestimate Morrison.

Morrison is actually a perfect centre for a team to have. He's a tweener (can play well on either the first or second line), a very good skater and playmaker and one of the few better forwards in the league that is also exceptionally good defensively. Though some figure he was overpaid by about $500 K/year, based on some of the signings this year I'd say he is actually underpaid. Losing Morrison would leave a big hole in the Canucks lineup that would be hard to fill. Remember a trade has to work for both teams & Vancouver always has the option to pay the extra $500 to $750K difference per year between what Nonis is willing to pay & what Carter wants, without losing a player or a draft pick.

I think the only area that the Habs & Canucks may be good trade partners is with the King/Zednik suggestion. Otherwise, like another Canuck fan suggested on our board, Buffalo & Vancouver may end up being the better trading partners.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:15 PM
goalchenyuk

if you accept to take Zednik out of our hands , we give you our second round draft ? is it ok for you ?

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:19 PM
gars59

Naslund for Ryder+Zednik+1er round

gars59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
if you accept to take Zednik out of our hands , we give you our second round draft ? is it ok for you ?
It's funny how fans of one team undervalue their own players and are sometimes amazed on what other teams will offer for them. One of the players Vancouver is trying to replace would be Carter, a player who would be classed as an opportunistic sniper. Someone who can be great only if provided he is fed the puck by very skilled linemates such as the Sedins. A player who is terrible at initiating plays, but superior at finishing. I see Zednik as a similar type player to Carter. I also don't think the Habs or many other teams in the league have similar elite setup players like the Sedins so neither Zednik or Carter would do well on the Habs. That doesn't mean Zednik or Carter have no value. To the Canucks eityher would be very valuable and the Habs should expect a good return for Zednik. In the same light, players like King would fit the style of play the Habs play extremely well and even though he will have a hard time making the Canuck lineup, if traded, the Canucks should expect a good return for him. Just because a player doesn't fit one team doesn't mean he's a bum. It takes a pretty good hockey player to make it to the NHL at all.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
It's funny how fans of one team undervalue their own players and are sometimes amazed on what other teams will offer for them. One of the players Vancouver is trying to replace would be Carter, a player who would be classed as an opportunistic sniper. Someone who can be great only if provided he is fed the puck by very skilled linemates such as the Sedins. A player who is terrible at initiating plays, but superior at finishing. I see Zednik as a similar type player to Carter. I also don't think the Habs or many other teams in the league have similar elite setup players like the Sedins so neither Zednik or Carter would do well on the Habs. That doesn't mean Zednik or Carter have no value. To the Canucks eityher would be very valuable and the Habs should expect a good return for Zednik. In the same light, players like King would fit the style of play the Habs play extremely well and even though he will have a hard time making the Canuck lineup, if traded, the Canucks should expect a good return for him. Just because a player doesn't fit one team doesn't mean he's a bum. It takes a pretty good hockey player to make it to the NHL at all.

The Canucks should really look at zednik. his style is perfect for the Sedins and I would expect a career year out of him. He's a bargain compared to whatever Carter will make this season

Unfortunately, The trade bait that the canucks have right now is not all that appealing to me. I like Matt Cooke but the canucks have already lost alot of jam this year so I doubt they would want to move him.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote