HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins - Devils 2/10/12 - NJ Got To Our Game Edition

Old
02-10-2013, 09:26 PM
leafspensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Of course, it's because of things that Bylsma clearly cannot do that I've been obsessed about getting Sid a proper second wheel and Geno a proper third wheel for the last 10 months.
Sorry, I agree with the fact that we need two more legit wingers, but Bylsma has no idea how to express himself, he's a coach and that's what the players need right now not a the buddy buddy guy that he naturally is

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bradshaw06

Our talent will only take us so far. At some point Bylsma needs to make some adjustments to the stuff that isnt working.

I hope....

bradshaw06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
Doesn't matter that its a shortened season , when you are talking about evaluating your team and possible pickups before the deadline. Something a lot fail to realize. We are still almost two months from the deadline. Haven't even played a month of hockey yet. Does anyone really believe Shero and co. arent constantly looking at possible acquisitions? You see any other teams making big trades less than a month into the season?
Not me. I know he's trying.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zhenyas most fly rep

Quote:
Culture isn't going to change the players utter and compete inability to execute brilliantly constructed game plan when the other team prepares like it's playing a playoff hockey game.
Yeah, really what is DeBoer thinking?

zhenyas most fly rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DerekDevils30

Pens had an opportunity to score 1 or 2 goals early in the game. Hedberg made some big saves and kept it 0-0. That gave the Devils enough time to settle down and start playing their game.

Good luck the rest of the way, guys. Let's hope we can keep the Flyers and Rangers below us all year!

DerekDevils30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:27 PM
turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBoris View Post
Just because he had a better game than Sid doesn´t mean he himself had a good game
No doubt, I thought Geno just sucked less is all.

turd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
They'll still be competive (even more conservative and stingy in that case) but he's basically filling the void for Parise in a way by continuing his great play.
It doesn't hurt that they're an exceptionally well coached team.

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot, with players who can execute.

Old
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
4 good offensive players. Kunitz gets no respect around here but he's a 50 point 20 goal guy. He's a good player.

I agree with your post otherwise, but what are ya gonna do? The Pens are top heavy and that won't change unless Shero manages to fleece someone in a trade again and acquires one or more affordable 20 goal wingers.

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to dominate the league with the team we have. Devils are doing a lot more with a lot less.
I'll bend on Kunitz slightly, doesn't really have any offensive creativity in the least, hell I'd say Sutter has more. But I have no problem with Kunitz being the 2nd best winger ON HIS LINE in the top 6, so fair enough.

Do we really have to fleece somebody though? Why not a hockey trade? We have defensive prospects, please trade some of them for players that will help NOW. Crosby/Malkin are not going to be around forever, their prime is NOW. IDC if we have a fantastic top 6 when Sid and Geno are 35. Sell out for the present because as we Pens fans know, the future is not a certain.

Question: If we suck 10 years from now but win 2-3 Cups beforehand, would it be worth it?

wheelz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekDevils30 View Post
Pens had an opportunity to score 1 or 2 goals early in the game. Hedberg made some big saves and kept it 0-0. That gave the Devils enough time to settle down and start playing their game.

Good luck the rest of the way, guys. Let's hope we can keep the Flyers and Rangers below us all year!
that won't be a problem. if there's one thing we can agree on, it's that the Rags and Flyers suck this year.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
MT's already starting to lose it.

Blaming individual players for losses publicly, leaving his goalie out there in the third after already allowing 4 goals, making Eller his whipping boy...
the players aren't exactly his style of players...kinda reminds me of Carlyle when he first stepped into TO

Old
02-10-2013, 09:28 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I have edited the post title appropriately, in case Disco reads it.
Nice

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chethejet

Devils have one goal scorer and the rest just play with discipline. No egos to deal with and and a system that requires skating and support. Pens have a system that is what exactly? I know it is called many things, gaining the zone, puck management, stick on pucks and dump and chase. When Letang is back as well as Nisky perhaps that strategy can be executed. If not then Shero will have to change things.

chethejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Stretch passes don't work with zero speed. That simple. We make three mistakes and they convert and trap. That was their obvious plan. It sure worked.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

ALmost forgot

+ Elmer had some great plays / individual efforts out there tonight. He makes his mistakes but on balance he is starting to impress the hell out of me. To the point that I'm thinking anything but another 40G winger in return would be a stupid trade. How good is this kid going to be in 2 years?? Scary to think about.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WarriorScholar

Quote:
Not me. I know he's trying.
Name another team that has made a big trade so far. Since that's obviously what you've been complaining about this whole time....the fact that we don't have kulemin and iginla by now. Less than a month into the season, while teams are actually still seeing if they have a shot to make the playoffs in a very rare season.

WarriorScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:29 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
+'s

Lots of -'s for Boychuk

-'s

Not enough -'s for Boychuk

He was single handedly responsible for every Devil's goal, he kicked out goals for us, he hacked Geno until he was in the fetal position, he took away Dupuis hands again, he put a spell on Vokoun, he hurt Sid's feelings, took a dump on Shero's lawn, and forced Vitale at gunpoint to kick Bylsma's dog which clearly explains Vitale's healthy scratch.

This guy is single handedly ruining the Penguin's season. We were 3-3 until his bum ass got here. Now we are 8-5! This can not continue! Trade! Jeffrey! Tangradiiiiiiiiiiii!
Is the sarcasm necessary. He's clearly trying.

Old
nhindian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethejet View Post
Devils have one goal scorer and the rest just play with discipline. No egos to deal with and and a system that requires skating and support. Pens have a system that is what exactly? I know it is called many things, gaining the zone, puck management, stick on pucks and dump and chase. When Letang is back as well as Nisky perhaps that strategy can be executed. If not then Shero will have to change things.
Clarkson, Kovy, Elias. Lot more than 1 goal scorer.

nhindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pancakes

By the way, for all the ragging we're doing on our wingers...

Malkin has less goals on the season than Dupuis, Kunitz, and Neal and he's tied with Sutter, and Letang. Simon Despres needs only one goal to tie what Malkin has done all season.

Malkin can only blame his linemates so much, he needs to play better. His play has been unacceptable.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
I'm sure it does. Are you suggesting that prudence might have dictated making adjustments to account for having different caliber of personnel? Shirley you jest, and I do apologize for calling you shirley.
I don't think any coaching adjustments could've remedied what was ailing us today. NJ outhustled, outmuscled, and outsmarted us in our own end, and we couldn't seem to generate any extended pressure or capitalize on our chances when we got the puck in their zone anyway. But hey, that's just my take.

Quote:
Everyone wants to hang off Bort and Despres' nuts when the cold hard truth of these past two games is those two aren't ready for big time responsibility yet.

I want them to keep playing and I like them a lot, but they need more time and games to get to the point where they can be relied upon for big minutes.

Letang is arguably more important to the Pens even than Crosby or Malkin. He plays 27 minutes a night and does it all (well maybe not all, he stinks at the powerplay).
We can beat lesser teams without them, but it's a tall order to take out the defending conference champs while missing two of your best defensemen. Get well soon, boys.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zhenyas most fly rep

Quote:
Who shouldn't we be worried about avoiding at this point?
Rangers?

zhenyas most fly rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
Name another team that has made a big trade so far. Since that's obviously what you've been complaint about this whole time....the fact that we don't have kulemin and iginla by now. Less than a month into the season, while teams are actually still seeing if they have a shot to make the playoffs in a very rare season.
he was agreeing with you.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MtlPenFan

Fastpass doesn't episode 9 up yet.

I want...my ****ing....ZOMBIES!!!

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethejet View Post
Apparently we have a system, but I honestly have not seen it this year...Bylsma needs to go back to 2009 and keep the lines consistent and drive the net like no tomorrow

Old
02-10-2013, 09:30 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
Sorry, I agree with the fact that we need two more legit wingers, but Bylsma has no idea how to express himself, he's a coach and that's what the players need right now not a the buddy buddy guy that he naturally is
You won't get any disagreement from me.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:30 PM
nhindian

Quote:
By the way, for all the ragging we're doing on our wingers...

Malkin has less goals on the season than Dupuis, Kunitz, and Neal and he's tied with Sutter, and Letang. Simon Despres needs only one goal to tie what Malkin has done all season.

Malkin can only blame his linemates so much, he needs to play better. His play has been unacceptable.
He's just playing that way to keep his cap hit down on his next contract

nhindian is offline   Reply With Quote