HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The Walking Dead

Old
12-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
Dont forget Boardwalk Empire...hey, Game of Thrones starts soon doesnt it?
If by soon, you mean in spring, then yes.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Stoneman89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Its over until February or something like that.
Superbowl time is usually when they announce all the series returns.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:44 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█¯█¯██¯█★█¯██¯█¯█╲

vCash: 225
Midseason Premieres tonight, actually in just 15 mins.

N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Killmanjaro81

this is gonna be great!

Killmanjaro81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Beerfish

The walking dead? I thought this was the post game thread for a moment.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The walking dead? I thought this was the post game thread for a moment.
Was waiting for someone to post that.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:46 PM
DousedInOil

I wasn't to happy with tonights episode. I was actually pretty bored during the second half of the episode and obviously the ending made me crazy. They need the man power!

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:22 AM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I wasn't to happy with tonights episode. I was actually pretty bored during the second half of the episode and obviously the ending made me crazy. They need the man power!
Rick at the end of the episode reminded me of Horcoff when he gets the puck on his stick in front of a wide open net. There's a very easy decision to make here, but he starts hallucinating and doing things no sane person would do.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:46 AM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Rick at the end of the episode reminded me of Horcoff when he gets the puck on his stick in front of a wide open net. There's a very easy decision to make here, but he starts hallucinating and doing things no sane person would do.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:50 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:39 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Bump.

Discus.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:45 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Bump.

Discus.
I'm not a huge fan of how they are doing the prison/governor arc in the TV show compared to the comics. I can understand some of the changes they have made, but I don't understand things like having Tyrese and crew already gone, well other than the CDC plotline kind of made his crew a little less essential to the story.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:59 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I'm not a huge fan of how they are doing the prison/governor arc in the TV show compared to the comics. I can understand some of the changes they have made, but I don't understand things like having Tyrese and crew already gone, well other than the CDC plotline kind of made his crew a little less essential to the story.
I've never read the comics but the Darell and his brother back together has got me a little pumped.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:03 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
I've never read the comics but the Darell and his brother back together has got me a little pumped.
I hope they break some necks and cash some cheques.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:43 AM
TowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I hope they break some necks and cash some cheques.
Their standing tall!

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:42 AM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

I got lulled into thinking it was going to be a dullish character development episode until suddenly... BLAM!

Enjoyed it a lot.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:52 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
The comics are really awesome. Definitely something geared towards an older audience, a lot of really graphic things going on. And actually, Daryl and Merle are TV only characters, they aren't in the comic books at all. The arcs are kept similar to the comics, but not completely true to the comics. Some stuff was never in the comics, and some of the more graphic stuff was taken out of the TV show. The comic book versions of both the Governor and Michonne are very much intensified then in the tv show.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
The comics are really awesome. Definitely something geared towards an older audience, a lot of really graphic things going on. And actually, Daryl and Merle are TV only characters, they aren't in the comic books at all. The arcs are kept similar to the comics, but not completely true to the comics. Some stuff was never in the comics, and some of the more graphic stuff was taken out of the TV show. The comic book versions of both the Governor and Michonne are very much intensified then in the tv show.
I haven't read them but I've hard that the way Lori dies in the comics is she's shot in the back while running away from the Governor. She's carrying the baby when this happens and crushes it. That is definitely something that even in 2013 might be a little too much for some people to handle on TV.

I gotta say. I love this season so far. I love how it's been so dark and is just getting worse for the characters. Outside of Breaking Bad and sometimes Mad Men, it's the only show where I can't wait to see what happens next week. I look forward to it the same way I look forward to an Oiler game

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Tyrolean

I wish people would talk about the comic version in a separate thread so as to not spoil things for TV viewers even of the plots are different.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Really weak episode imo. The hilites shown last week very different from what transpired on the latest episode. Basically everything shown didn't take place on this episode. It was like a lull before the storm but not a particularly entertaining one.

One of the things that takes this series down jmo, is how much time they spend on character development for characters that end up buying it anyway.

Also the young and the restless episode between Glen and whats her face took up much of the episode. Glen being angry all the time with pent up rage and needing a talking to every 5 mins and the protagonist wandering around the OUTSIDE of the compound insane you wonder how these are the survivors in a post apocalyptic world.

Also, the scenes of spraying fire from a semiautomatic in a world where supplies are very limited and wasting ammo is ridiculous years into the story.

Nitpicking but just a wish that they would keep some plot consistency. One day they have no ammo. Next day its firing like drunken pirates.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
I can only imagine that the character development in the comics is better thought out and with more wrinkles. Oddly enough the onscreen portrayals are wooden, one dimensional, and for instance Michonne, that sounds like a fascinating character from people talking about the comics, is merely reduced to being an angry, untrusting, loner in the show.One gets very little sense of who she is or her internal struggles from watching the show.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
I wish people would talk about the comic version in a separate thread so as to not spoil things for TV viewers even of the plots are different.
Did I spoil Lori's death for you? Cause she's already dead.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Baggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I can only imagine that the character development in the comics is better thought out and with more wrinkles. Oddly enough the onscreen portrayals are wooden, one dimensional, and for instance Michonne, that sounds like a fascinating character from people talking about the comics, is merely reduced to being an angry, untrusting, loner in the show.One gets very little sense of who she is or her internal struggles from watching the show.
She's not that much different in the comic, but she's a lot more savage - what she does to the governor...
It may have been deserved, but it made me cringe.

My biggest gripe with the show though (in comparison with the comic) is how Andrea is portrayed. She's one of the best characters in the book, but she seems like a whiny idiot in the TV series.

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
She's not that much different in the comic, but she's a lot more savage - what she does to the governor...

My biggest gripe with the show though (in comparison with the comic) is how Andrea is portrayed. She's one of the best characters in the book, but she seems like a whiny idiot in the TV series.
I've heard that. I really can't stand her on the TV show. It's like her role is to make stupid decisions(hooking up with Shane and the Governor) and frustrate the audience. Then she finally steps up and has some value to a group and it's to the Governor...and this is after she knows he had Glen and Maggie held captive. Two people she knows aren't a real threat. She also knows the group as a whole are good people and they wouldn't come in all Call of Duty style unless they had a reason. Meanwhile she seems to be pretty oblivious to everything. Not to mention he tried to have Merle and Daryl fight to the death. He's explanation of "it's out of my hands. This is what the people want"(or something like that) really seemed to be good enough for her. Didn't trigger too many follow up questions. You'd think having Merle as one of his top men would be enough for her to question what this guys all about. For someone who is supposed to be the most educated of all the characters, she sure seems to lack common sense.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:31 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers View Post

I think my biggest issue character wise is Rick. I think he's too much like the Se7en version of Brad Pitt. Just insanely overacts all the time. That and I'm kinda pissed that Tyrese's group took off so quick. He's a pretty cool character.

I find in the comic Michonne is so much more developed then in the show. In the show, they have yet to mention her former occupation, didn't mention the origin of her walkers, and shes some reclusive loner instead of a crazy nympho.