HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miller's Trade Value

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2013, 09:01 PM
  #1
Ness
@KetchTime
 
Ness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kansas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,852
vCash: 500
Miller's Trade Value

Not saying we should trade Miller, this is purely hypothetical. I love Miller. But if the front office decides to go full rebuild, what could we realistically expect in return for Miller? How much value does he have? What would you want in return for Miller?

Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:07 PM
  #2
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,299
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
You need a contender who needs a goalie, so maybe Chicago...and you won't get all that much because there's not much of a market for goalies...ask Vancouver.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:09 PM
  #3
omglolnub
Registered User
 
omglolnub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Not saying we should trade Miller, this is purely hypothetical. I love Miller. But if the front office decides to go full rebuild, what could we realistically expect in return for Miller? How much value does he have? What would you want in return for Miller?
He'd have to go to a team that needs an obvious upgrade in goal...problem is, most of those teams with problems in goal also don't have much to give up in personnel for Miller that they'd be willing to part with that the Sabres would want. It was/is the same issue with Luongo. A catch 22 for the Sabres, robbing Peter to pay Paul for the other team.

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:10 PM
  #4
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,641
vCash: 500
Trade him for defensive help, because our blue line is ****ing embarassing. A good defense can make an average goalie look good. Look at what St Louis is doing with Brian Elliot as their goaltender.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:12 PM
  #5
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,294
vCash: 500
Root for someone like Crawford or Niemi to get injured. Seriously. Not many teams have a need for a starter right now.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:14 PM
  #6
Better Call Saul
Registered User
 
Better Call Saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Trade him for defensive help, because our blue line is ****ing embarassing. A good defense can make an average goalie look good. Look at what St Louis is doing with Brian Elliot as their goaltender.
Losing games and giving up many goals in the process?

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:19 PM
  #7
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Root for someone like Crawford or Niemi to get injured. Seriously. Not many teams have a need for a starter right now.
Edmonton?
they are the team that could feel like it's time to make a push.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:20 PM
  #8
Better Call Saul
Registered User
 
Better Call Saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,378
vCash: 500
Dubnyk is playing great. Who knows if it'll keep up.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:24 PM
  #9
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 500
Miller and Luongo shouldn't be compared at all when discussing value. Luongo's contract is a big commitment to take on and hurts his value considerably. Miller having only a year and a half remaining on his deal would be much easier to swallow for most teams. With that said, I really don't know what I'd want in return. Probably something like a young top 6 forward and a draft pick.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:25 PM
  #10
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Edmonton?
they are the team that could feel like it's time to make a push.
As BCS noted, Dubnyk is playing pretty well right now. I also wonder if Edmonton would be on his 8-team NTC.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:30 PM
  #11
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,759
vCash: 500
would you dare trade him to Philly?

Would you do it if we had to take Bryz back?

would philly be able to tempt you with assets?

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:31 PM
  #12
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
As BCS noted, Dubnyk is playing pretty well right now. I also wonder if Edmonton would be on his 8-team NTC.
good point...

although... at this point, does he want to be anywhere less than Buffalo?

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:34 PM
  #13
Have My Baby Pierre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,144
vCash: 500
Too bad Varlamov is doing fine, I'd love for us to be able to trade Miller to them..

Crawford is playing great, same with Dubnyk

It seems like not many teams need a goaltender right now, I guess that's because most actually play competent defense and don't rely entirely on their goaltenders like us.

What about Lindback in Tampa? I haven't really heard any bad things about him so far, it is tough to measure goaltenders in Tampa though..they are definitely more of an offensive minded team so hard to go just off stats.

I know it was a hypothetical question, but I'd be absolutely shocked if Miller was traded.

I could definitely see Stafford, Regehr, or Leopold being traded..maybe even all 3.

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:36 PM
  #14
gallagt01
Registered User
 
gallagt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sloan
Posts: 8,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
would you dare trade him to Philly?

Would you do it if we had to take Bryz back?

would philly be able to tempt you with assets?
Unless they're tempting me with some combination of B. Schenn/Simmonds/Laughton, I'm not interested in swapping Miller's contract for Bryzgalov's.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:36 PM
  #15
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre View Post
Too bad Varlamov is doing fine, I'd love for us to be able to trade Miller to them..

Crawford is playing great, same with Dubnyk

It seems like not many teams need a goaltender right now, I guess that's because most actually play competent defense and don't rely entirely on their goaltenders like us.

What about Lindback in Tampa? I haven't really heard any bad things about him so far, it is tough to measure goaltenders in Tampa though..they are definitely more of an offensive minded team so hard to go just off stats.

I know it was a hypothetical question, but I'd be absolutely shocked if Miller was traded.

I could definitely see Stafford, Regehr, or Leopold being traded..maybe even all 3.
Lindback's glove side, is like Enroth's 5 hole...

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:44 PM
  #16
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,294
vCash: 500
Another variable is just how much are Darcy's and Lindy's jobs on the line. If they're on thin ice, so to speak, then Darcy may be loathe to trade Miller in an effort to save his own hide (or Lindy's).

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:46 PM
  #17
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
would you dare trade him to Philly?

Would you do it if we had to take Bryz back?

would philly be able to tempt you with assets?
I probably wouldn't trade him to Philly. Bryz, from a hockey standpoint, hasn't been bad since January 1, sporting a pretty nice .923 SV% once he was no longer starring in 24/7. But, from a contractual standpoint, I want no part of that thing. Besides, he has a full NMC, so it's probably moot.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:47 PM
  #18
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 500
What about Toronto? It's dangerous to trade him within the division, but they were interested in Luongo and I see no reason why they wouldn't be interested in Miller if he were made available. They've got some interesting young pieces in Rielly, Gardiner, and Kadri (although I'm not super high on Kadri).

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:49 PM
  #19
Have My Baby Pierre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
What about Toronto? It's dangerous to trade him within the division, but they were interested in Luongo and I see no reason why they wouldn't be interested in Miller if he were made available. They've got some interesting young pieces in Rielly, Gardiner, and Kadri (although I'm not super high on Kadri).
No chance Toronto trades any young assets, their fan base and media would go INSANE. Also, Reimer has been good so far.

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:53 PM
  #20
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Unless they're tempting me with some combination of B. Schenn/Simmonds/Laughton, I'm not interested in swapping Miller's contract for Bryzgalov's.
we could buy out bryz after a test drive

i'd do anything to get couturier...

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:57 PM
  #21
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok
 
SundherDome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minneapolis,MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,636
vCash: 500
Miller
Adam
Brennan

Neuvirth
Alzner
Forsberg

Close ?

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:58 PM
  #22
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
Miller
Adam
Brennan

Neuvirth
Alzner
Forsberg

Close ?
Nope.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:01 PM
  #23
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre View Post
No chance Toronto trades any young assets, their fan base and media would go INSANE. Also, Reimer has been good so far.
There's a lot of pressure in Toronto though and their goaltending has killed them year in and year out. I realize Reimer has played well, but how commited are they to him? Toronto absolutely shouldn't be trading any of their young assets, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't the Kessel trade is certainly proof of that.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:04 PM
  #24
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
Miller
Adam
Brennan

Neuvirth
Alzner
Forsberg

Close ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Nope.
that's a pretty good deal...

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:08 PM
  #25
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
we could buy out bryz after a test drive

i'd do anything to get couturier...
Honestly if Couturier is on the table I'd take on Bryzgalov, but I doubt Philly is that desperate to move his contract.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.