HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yard sale at the Saddledome

Old
02-10-2013, 09:15 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Sens might have some interest in Cammalleri. We're walking-wounded these days, could use a guy who used to know how to score. Roll the dice.

No idea what the price tag would be, considering his ridiculous cap hit, though.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:19 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamBlam View Post
What is Jackman worth? A 4th?
Id rather keep him unless we get some sort of asset back. Maybe a 4th if he loses his spot but, a 3rd if someone was just trying to snag him.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
2013 or 2014. They can have it, were we to acquire Iglina. I certainly wouldn't split hairs over a pick.

Sedin - Sedin - Iglina = Disgusting domination.
not as good as sedin-sedin-sundin

I just like the way that rolls off the tongue

Mansfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:22 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Booth, prospect, 1st for Iginla rental.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:29 PM
thegutter

vCash: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
to Vancouver: Iginla, 2nd rd pick

to cal Gaunce (1st rd pick from last year - labelled the next Glenn Anderson), Ebbett, Connauton, 6th rd pick...
i dont think gaunce has any kids yet that he doesnt pay child support for

thegutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

I really hope that Calgary does a complete fire sale at the deadline this year. I want to see them rebuild properly and join Edmonton as the power shifts in the West over the next few years. Teams like San Jose, Detroit and Vancouver will be in big trouble three years from now, and Calgary should be acting ASAP to take advantage.

Trading Iginla, Kiprusoff, Cammalleri and J-Bo will re-stock the prospect pool and get things progressing for the future.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Booth, prospect, 1st for Iginla rental.
I'd rather have Ballard, Jensen + 1st. Keep Booth, for the cup run, he has no value to Calgary, in the event of a full rebuild

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:38 PM
IKEA

I don't find any player from calgary appealing

Overpay for iginla for has one goal this season?

IKEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Ashasx

Guys, there is no way the Flames would trade anything to the Canucks to help them in a playoff run, short of ridiculous overpayment.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKEA View Post
I don't find any player from calgary appealing

Overpay for iginla for has one goal this season?
Typical Canucks fan.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:47 PM
western redmen

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Oh come on now - Kovalchuk, who was younger and better than Iginla is now, was traded for a 1st, Bergfors (no longer in the NHL), Cormier (after he delivered his infamous headshot) and Johnny Oduya.

Not a great package. Not saying the Canucks one was that much better, but playoff rentals don't garner amazing returns.
Bergfores was the key part of the deal and he was a stud at the time.

western redmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Typical Canucks fan.
He speaks the truth, we don't need iginla.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:58 PM
BlamBlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATT187 View Post
He speaks the truth, we don't need iginla.
Iginla is exactly the type of player they need.

BlamBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamBlam View Post
Iginla is exactly the type of player they need.
Iginla doesn't play a power-forward type of game anymore, he's more of a sniper.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Typical Canucks fan.
In this situation, moving a long time franchise player, it doesn't matter where he goes. East, West, Vancouver or Edmonton, you simply take the biggest package offered. By the time the Flames are ready to contend, it won't matter.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:17 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameshomer View Post
I think the game against the Canucks showed just how little some of the "leaders" of this team actually care about winning. Assume the following are all available, and present some offers! No reasonable offer will be turned down!

4 Sale:
Iginla
Kiprusoff
Bouwmeester
Glencross
Giordano

Clearance bin:
Cammalleri
Sarich
Comeau
Stajan
Smith
Butler
Babchuk

Could be had:
Tanguay
Stempniak
Cervenka (purely because he's on a one year contract, would rather not trade)

off the block:
Baertschi
Backlund
Brodie
Hudler
Wideman

Go!
I have to ask, why would Hudler be off the block? I know he is off to a pretty decent start, but he is a guy that isn't really a "core" type player for Calgary unless you think all the sudden he is going to bust out.

I'm sure Pittsburgh would love to have 2 in the four sale department and possibly one in the could be had list depending on what is actually available. As for the Clearance Rack - we don't need any of that.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
I really hope that Calgary does a complete fire sale at the deadline this year. I want to see them rebuild properly and join Edmonton as the power shifts in the West over the next few years. Teams like San Jose, Detroit and Vancouver will be in big trouble three years from now, and Calgary should be acting ASAP to take advantage.
Trading Iginla, Kiprusoff, Cammalleri and J-Bo will re-stock the prospect pool and get things progressing for the future.
No. No they won't. Bet the house that all three of those teams are still better than the flames three years from now.

Edler Von Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:34 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Typical Canucks fan.
*looks back through offers*...

Um...

No....

(Typical Leaf's fan?)

I'd take any of the following on the Nucks:

- Iginla
- Glencross
- Tanguay
- Brodie
- Giordano
- Baertschi

... Also used to like Jackman but the other components to his game to have really fallen off...

Quote:

?

Can't speak for Wings and Sharks but Nucks should be just fine... All the d are signed past then... Lack and Schneider in Goal with Cannatta pushing by then...

Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce pushing in with Kesler, Burrows etc still around.

Ya need a couple more scoring prospects but years to get them in...

LickTheEnvelope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
I'd rather have Ballard, Jensen + 2nd. Keep Booth, for the cup run, he has no value to Calgary, in the event of a full rebuild
Sounds good!

TO VANCOUVER: Brodie and Iginla

to flames Ballard, Jensen and a 2nd.

DONE

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:55 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
Sounds good!

TO VANCOUVER: Brodie and Iginla

to flames Ballard, Jensen and a 2nd.

DONE
Nope

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:04 PM
JiriHrdina

Any deals where the Flames are adding one of their only young pieces makes ZERO sense.

JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:07 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

What would the Flames want from the Canucks for Gio?

WonderTwinsUnite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:09 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Oh come on now - Kovalchuk, who was younger and better than Iginla is now, was traded for a 1st, Bergfors (no longer in the NHL), Cormier (after he delivered his infamous headshot) and Johnny Oduya.

Not a great package. Not saying the Canucks one was that much better, but playoff rentals don't garner amazing returns.
Stopped reading at Kovalchuk, complete different situation.

You going to bring Nash up next too?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:13 PM
orcatown

Thread like this is bound to lead to a good deal of overly critical analysis. Everyone wants to throw you an anchor. Actually fully manned, Calgary isn't that bad. Problem is that the contract situation is not that good. Too many over paid players.

Realistically

Ignila - could be an outstanding rental or real dud. Questions about his back and groin and his ability to adjust to a new team and system create some caution here.
Still the potential for real help in the playoffs make him worth a good prospect and a high draft. Offer of Booth, Gaunce and 1st is not out of line. Especially if you consider Ignila is likely headed back to Calgary next season.

Kiprusoff - aging and declining goal tender with a big cap hit. Teams that need goalies are mostly non playoff teams who will probably ride it out with who they have.
Injuries elsewhere may increase value but right now the goalie market isn't good. I don't think you get much here (maybe 2nd, more likely a 3rd). Might as well keep Kiprusoff around

Bouwmeester - his contract (nearly 7 mill per) makes him virtually a salary dump given the upcoming decreased salary cap. If he was a UFA next season value would go up. Right now may attract interest from a team that is willing to take the long term view and gamble that they can resign him to a more reasonable contract. Could be that team is Calgary

Giordano - decent player on a decent contract (although a little long). Don't see Calgary trading him as they need something to build around. Could see a team giving up a late first or second rounder here.

Glencross - one of Calgary's better contract. He will attract interest. Good prospect + 2nd could well be return. Think it very unlikely Calgary moves him.

Clearance Bin

Cammallari - yikes - horrible contract - Is absoultely a salary dump and virtually untradeable

Sarich - not suited to faster NHL - maybe a mid rounder

Comeau - these kinds of players are common waiver wire material. Present salary also bites too deeply into your cap space. Maybe a late rounder from a team looking for some depth but more likely nothing

Stajan - another bad contract. Not tradeable. Might be able to somewhat help a number of teams but cap hit is just too onerous to take on.

Smith - age and fringe status make him worth nothing more than a similar fringe player from another team.

Butler - a player on the cusp of being identified as a bust. Is he a legit NHL player? Some team might take a flyer on him and give up a mid round draft or a another prospect who is looking doubtful.

Babchuk - likely heading back to Russia. Increasing injury problems and seeming lack of committment make him worth little. Also another player who might be hard to squeeze in under the cap. Honestly I don't see anyone trading for him.

Others

Tanquay - if he was strictly rental would fetch a couple of decent draft choices. However, long term salary takes away the rental potential (use him and dump him). Still not a bad cap hit for a good complementary player. Team, however, would have to believe he wasn't on the down side of his career. Probalby get a decent prospect and roster player.

Stempniak - appropriate cap hit and worth something. Streaky player that has had some playoff success. Usually players like this go for a third (believe the Canucks have traded a ton of thirds for players like this). Might get a second here.

Cervenka - ????????????????? There did seem interest from a number of teams so someone might speculate here. However, a player just breaking into the NA hockey is unlikely to be much help in the heavy going of the playoffs. Not an ideal rental. Moreover, cap hit once again will make it difficult for many teams to fit him under the cap.

Anyhow, Calgary goes on a win streak and most of this will be fogotten.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Flameshomer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I have to ask, why would Hudler be off the block? I know he is off to a pretty decent start, but he is a guy that isn't really a "core" type player for Calgary unless you think all the sudden he is going to bust out.

I'm sure Pittsburgh would love to have 2 in the four sale department and possibly one in the could be had list depending on what is actually available. As for the Clearance Rack - we don't need any of that.
Hudler- Just signed, great start, huge creativity, and plays hard. Can't see any reason at all I would trade him. He's also not that old, and could stay in calgary to keep us afloat. If he decides he wants out next year if we do tank, I grant it to him then.

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote