HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 06:54 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

vCash: 500
I've got an inch so far in Warren County. Stay mad, plebs

Old
02-08-2013, 07:13 PM
NjDevsRR

This storm developed way too late. Newark will only get 3-6 inches. Travel will be fine tomorrow.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
This storm developed way too late. Newark will only get 3-6 inches. Travel will be fine tomorrow.
Let's hope so. If most snow ends by 4am I think the highways and main roads will be ok. Hope the parking lot owners ensure their lots are plowed.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:34 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Let's hope so. If most snow ends by 4am I think the highways and main roads will be ok. Hope the parking lot owners ensure their lots are plowed.
Its finally absorbing the clipper system now but half the storm is already over. They predicted Newark at 8-16 inches, I say they will only get another 4-6 inches. Not bad at all.

Take my forecast with a grain of salt (I study meteorology). The back end of this storm does have the potential to strengthen very quickly, but as of now I dont see that happening.

EDIT: The back end of this storm has finally phased in, now the snow begins.

Last edited by NjDevsRR: 02-08-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old
02-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Can't quite speak for Newark, but I live about 15-20 minutes away. Here the snow stopped somewhere around/just before 6. Didn't start again until 7:30 or so and it was pretty light. Really just picked up a bit again within the last half hour. We'll see what we get accumulation wise from here. But I would say we have 3-4 inches so far. Not terrible to be honest. Can't speak for other towns but I've seen my town out and plowing on and off the last couple of hours. If they're on top of the storm in Newark, they've probably done the same, making it not that bad at all.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:30 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Can't quite speak for Newark, but I live about 15-20 minutes away. Here the snow stopped somewhere around/just before 6. Didn't start again until 7:30 or so and it was pretty light. Really just picked up a bit again within the last half hour. We'll see what we get accumulation wise from here. But I would say we have 3-4 inches so far. Not terrible to be honest. Can't speak for other towns but I've seen my town out and plowing on and off the last couple of hours. If they're on top of the storm in Newark, they've probably done the same, making it not that bad at all.
Im ecstatic, not bad at all indeed. The first forecast had 8-16 inches for Newark with blizzard conditions. I am just going to drive to Newark, I was planning on taking the train from Point Pleasant alllll the way to Newark which takes forever.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Im ecstatic, not bad at all indeed. The first forecast had 8-16 inches for Newark with blizzard conditions. I am just going to drive to Newark, I was planning on taking the train from Point Pleasant alllll the way to Newark which takes forever.
I think most forecasts have had my town in the 6-10 range the entire time. Technically, its probably still accurate if we had about 4 before and it picked up within the last hour or two. But yeah, the 8-16 is probably off unless we end up in the low end of that range. Roads will probably be manageable. Parking lots are hit or miss, but by the same token, you might get enough people that choose not to go that fewer spots will be taken. Creates a nice balance in the end. As long as we don't end up with more snow than its looking like we will get, I fully anticipate being able to get there for tomorrow.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:43 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I think most forecasts have had my town in the 6-10 range the entire time. Technically, its probably still accurate if we had about 4 before and it picked up within the last hour or two. But yeah, the 8-16 is probably off unless we end up in the low end of that range. Roads will probably be manageable. Parking lots are hit or miss, but by the same token, you might get enough people that choose not to go that fewer spots will be taken. Creates a nice balance in the end. As long as we don't end up with more snow than its looking like we will get, I fully anticipate being able to get there for tomorrow.
As long as the Devils win.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Scott04

Quote:
As long as the Devils win.
That... but with me in attendance too. I need the activity/need to get out of the house. But yes, that's the priority.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:06 PM
indfin

Quote:
Maybe, although as others have pointed out the hardest part for some folks may be getting out of their driveway and TO the major highways.

Also, NJ Transit (buses and trains) may not be up and running before the game, as they suspended service a couple of hours ago and it's typically at least twelve hours (usually a fair amount longer) until they resume.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
Maybe, although as others have pointed out the hardest part for some folks may be getting out of their driveway and TO the major highways.

Also, NJ Transit (buses and trains) may not be up and running before the game, as they suspended service a couple of hours ago and it's typically at least twelve hours (usually a fair amount longer) until they resume.
For the most part, its going to come down to your local towns on that one. I've seen my town out plenty plowing streets. I'm nowhere near on a main street. I actually live at a dead end. I saw plow trucks coming through frequently in the 8-9 PM region by my house. Pretty confident, barring a big amount of snow from here on out, that my biggest challenge will be leaving my driveway. As long as other towns are as on top of it, it likely won't be a big deal trying to make the drive, with the exception of some areas that happen to get it harder than expected, or harder than the surrounding area. Obviously its too early to call for sure, but I have a feeling it will be a longer commute than normal, but probably nothing too difficult for a good chunk of people.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

My side street in Somerset County was plowed clean by 6 a.m. The other roads in my town are at least passable, so I'm assuming the major highways between me and the Rock (202, 287, 78) will be fine by late morning.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:07 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

EDIT: Nvm, found a way out after all. Thank goodness my ticket didn't sell the half hour I put it up lol

Last edited by NJDevs26: 02-09-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old
02-09-2013, 08:15 AM
zap14

Just sold my tickets for today's game on Stubhub for just under double face! I wanted to go to the game but since I have to drive down from NY I'll take it! On a sadder note it will be the first home game I'm missing this year though.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Only morris and boonton NJ transit train lines are suspended. All the other trains are running.

Major roads are clear but drive safely and use caution. Leave earlier than usual and give yourself extra time to arrive.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Devilswiss

Does somebody know the artist of the song that is played during the "Red Hot Highlights"? I figure the song is called "Hollywood" but I guess there are a few million songs out there with that name...

Old
02-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Devils731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Stadium Sports B&G was awesome.. Excellent drink specials and the food was really good, especially for the price.. Glad to see this!!
Went in the other day to Stadium.

It's run by new owners, they own a restaurant over by the Robert Treat Hotel. They said they think they'll do good business from the Courthouse and FBI building on lunch.

Happy Hour runs 4-7, but didn't find out what that entails.

They have a Portuguese menu which had some dishes I enjoy so I might go extra early one game and have dinner too.

We didn't talk to the owner much but he seemed like a nice guy, English was his second language so that slowed us down.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Summer07Devils

Devils Flight to PIT

The Devils never seem to stay with the same plane in fact one time they flew on the same plane As U2 LOL, I've seen them mostly with 737s and A320's but today they were flying in a 767

Here's the link
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/S...130Z/KEWR/KPIT

Old
02-09-2013, 11:28 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

They really need to give those pilots breathalyzers

Old
02-10-2013, 11:06 PM
JerseySideOfTheRiver
Geaux Devils

going with friends to the game Tuesday and we're going in early to eat and get some beers. 2 of the friends have never been to a game before. what's the best place around the rock to eat and have a couple beers? Dino BBQ? edison ale house? hobbys? any info is great thanks

Old
02-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySideOfTheRiver View Post
going with friends to the game Tuesday and we're going in early to eat and get some beers. 2 of the friends have never been to a game before. what's the best place around the rock to eat and have a couple beers? Dino BBQ? edison ale house? hobbys? any info is great thanks
You can't go wrong with any of those 3 you listed.
Though, try to arrive early to get a table, by 4:30 or so on some nights.
That way you get a table and won't have to rush through your meal in case the service is not that fast.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:35 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Like Devils Dominion said you can't go wrong with either, but if you want to stay close I would go with Dino or Edison. We got to the arena around 5 against the Rangers and only waited about 10 minutes. As long as your whole party is there, they'll seat you relatively quickly.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:08 AM
DevilOnFire

Quote:
Hell's Kitchen is my personal favorite.

Beer towers ftw.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:57 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Did any of you guys notice how ridiculously slippery the floor was on Saturday @ Pru Center? I slipped and busted my ass and messed up my wrist pretty good at the end of the game.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
This was the e-mail:
Did anyone sign up for the bus trip to Saturday's game @ LI?

Nothing beats the experience of going on a "Road Trip" to an away game. The anticipation, talking with family and friends while getting pumped up for the game. Now imagine a "Road Trip" with hundreds of your closest friends.

This week's "Season Ticket Holder Tuesday" exclusive perk allows you to see the Devils play on the road as they take on the NY Islanders at Nassau Coliseum on Saturday, February 16th.

Join other Season Ticket Holders as we watch the game together from the Devils shoot twice side in the 300-level. Normally, these tickets cost $50 a piece, but for this "Season Ticket Holder Tuesday" perk, we want to do something special.

We have reserved tickets to this game for only $45 per person. However, sign-up and the Devils will provide you with a free bus ride to the arena, a free commemorative edition Devils t-shirt and snacks along the way.

Due to the limited number of seats available, this opportunity is being offered on a first come-first served basis. Only Season Ticket Holders who secure their tickets through the link below will be able to join us for this exclusive perk. We ask that you please limit the number of tickets you secure to the number of seats on your account. Join us as we head over the river and across the "L.I.E." to battle our division rival, the Islanders.

Click here to take advantage of this exclusive perk by this Friday at 10am. Those who sign-up will receive an email with further details and instructions prior to the game. You will receive your tickets on the day of the game, when we all meet to take the buses to Long Island. We will meet near Prudential Center, roughly three hours prior to the game. We hope you will join us for this "Road Trip"…Jersey Style!

Your Fan Experience Team

Closed Thread