HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Dubinsky Weight Discussion - Before and After Photos

Old
07-06-2006, 07:35 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
The Dubinsky Weight Discussion - Before and After Photos

Ok, there is a lot reports about his weight, just last year it was being reported that he was what...175-185? Now this year its been bumped up to around 210-225.

Like others I found it very hard to believe he could gain around 20-30 pounds in one season BUT....judging by these photos from last summer and this summer he does look at least 20 pounds heavier. If this is the case then Dubinsky really took to heart what the Rangers staff asked him to work over this past season (put on more muscle)

Note the picture on the right is from Blueshirtbullentin.com and i'm pretty positive they did not warp the picture in anyway.

[image]http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/6057/dubi2mp.jpg[/image] (click to enlarge)

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Balej20*

I dont know, you cant really tell too much from these pictures...You have any others from last year?

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Ace2008

NYR.com has a photo which clearly looks like a 210-220 lber...based on his bull neck/ and the fact that @20 yrs old you can easily develop 10-15% bodyweight of muscle gain if you have a weighttraining+diet regimen

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:14 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I dont know, you cant really tell too much from these pictures...You have any others from last year?
Thats the only picture i could find of him not in equiment. But last years pictures he looks like a stick, the newer pictures his arms/legs and face look like they have more muscle/weight on them. I can't really tell his chest though since he is sitting down in the picture but i'd assume he got bigger there as well.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Edge

Even in those pics, I just don't see it.

He's def. in that 200-210 range about now but 225? Just not seeing it. 225 is REALLY big on a 6'1 frame.

You're talking Jason Weimer like size there and he does not look as big as Weimer.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:20 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

He's def. in that 200-210 range about now but 225? Just not seeing it. 225 is REALLY big on a 6'1 frame.

You're talking Jason Weimer like size there and he does not look as big as Weimer.
Hard to say for me at least (thats why i huge such a large range). If i knew EXACTLY how much weighed in the first pics it would be a lot easier to figure it out, but like always last year he was what, 170-190 pounds according to different sources?

Old
07-06-2006, 08:24 PM
TheZherdev

Obviously no one else is gonna say it so i will. Maybe dubinsky has become a juicer. Hope not, but just throwing that out there.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:25 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:

Well, I don't know. I can certainly see him above 210 if he's really 6'1". That's approximately what my build looks like and I'm 208 at 5'11 1/2"

Okay, he's probably in a liiiiiittle better shape than I am. But even if I should be at about 200, I can still easily see him above 210, especially if he's got big legs and/or a deep chest.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:30 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post
Well, I don't know. I can certainly see him above 210 if he's really 6'1". That's approximately what my build looks like and I'm 208 at 5'11 1/2"

Okay, he's probably in a liiiiiittle better shape than I am. But even if I should be at about 200, I can still easily see him above 210, especially if he's got big legs and/or a deep chest.
the guy looks fat. can you say christian dube?

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:31 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
<arnold> I'm going to PUMP you up!!! </arnold>

If he scores goals I don't care how big he is.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Edge

I kinda thought that too, especially his chin/face.

For a guy to be 6'1, 225 he's gotta be packing some serious muscle...he looks kinda....chubby in those pics to be perfectly honest.

I mean to put the size into perspective, 6'1 225 is Jason Weimer and Brendan Witt.

Those are some big dudes right there, in those pics and watching a little over 6 weeks ago I don't see Dubinsky as being that big.

6'1, 205ish? Yeah that I can believe, but I've seen 6'1, 225 pound guys and you know flat out that they weight that much. Dubi doesn't seem that cut-up at all, and for all this talk about a deep chest and tree trunk legs I see a kid who does not look to fit those "reasons" for the weight.

When someone says 6'1, 225 there is a certain mental image that comes to mind from seeing guys that size. That certainly didn't fit it for me and when I combine that with what I saw a little while and how I've watched the kids weight get exaggerated before this I have to admit that I'm not really convinced.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:41 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Hmm... I don't know that I'd say FAT or even chubby really. He is definitely carrying some weight in his face though. I'm sure they told him to gain weight and in addition to hitting the weight room, he also started swilling protein shakes, eating cheeseburgers, etc. and it's entirely possible he put on some fat along with the muscle. Given how skinny he was last year, I wouldn't be too worried - let's see what he looks like when the season starts.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:44 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Hmm... I don't know that I'd say FAT or even chubby really. He is definitely carrying some weight in his face though. I'm sure they told him to gain weight and in addition to hitting the weight room, he also started swilling protein shakes, eating cheeseburgers, etc. and it's entirely possible he put on some fat along with the muscle. Given how skinny he was last year, I wouldn't be too worried - let's see what he looks like when the season starts.

That is exactly what I was thinking as well, the picture back in May he doesnt have that chin at all. Hes going to be in the gym A LOT this summer im sure in prep for his first AHL season and its always good to have some fat to turn into muscle. Again, he doesnt really even look fat like the Isle poster decided to chime in because its slow over on the Isles board, but he has so noticable chub in the chin.

[image]http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/updates/recaps/images/20060429c.jpg[/image]

Picture from May

Old
07-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Edge

Some of these weights with these new kids just seem a little weird.

Even Moore is not up to 230, just seems kind of inflated.

Moore is a pretty filled out guy, but all these numbers seem really high.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:45 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
Obviously no one else is gonna say it so i will. Maybe dubinsky has become a juicer. Hope not, but just throwing that out there.
booooooooooooooooooooooo...that you, dick(less) pound?

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking as well, the picture back in May he doesnt have that chin at all. Hes going to be in the gym A LOT this summer im sure in prep for his first AHL season and its always good to have some fat to turn into muscle.

[image]http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/updates/recaps/images/20060429c.jpg[/image]

Picture from May
LOL he's sticking his neck out, of course he doesn't have a chin.

I mean the pic on the bottom does concern me a little there's some def. weight in the face but those legs do not look like the muscular tree trunks that weight lifting, muscle packing kid would have.

For anyone whose played hockey knows those are not muscle bound hockey legs in that picture.

I just find it interesting, especially after his comments about struggling to get into shape. Where there's smoke kiddies......

Old
07-06-2006, 08:51 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:

I mean the pic on the bottom does concern me a little there's some def. weight in the face but those legs do not look like the muscular tree trunks that weight lifting, muscle packing kid would have.

For anyone whose played hockey knows those are not muscle bound hockey legs in that picture.

I just find it interesting, especially after his comments about struggling to get into shape. Where there's smoke kiddies......
You can't tell if someone is a little chubby or not by the neck even if they don't have it tucked into them? Heres of bunch of other photos you can look at http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/images_dubinsky.php. Sorry none of them of him sitting in a chair with his neck tucked in.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:54 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:

Yeaaaaaah... but take a look at the first pic from last year's camp when he was an absolute RAIL. Again, if you are trying to gain weight quickly, it's very easy to put on some fat with the muscle. As I said, I'm not too worried.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
You can't tell if someone is a little chubby or not by the neck even if they don't have it tucked into them? Heres of bunch of other photos you can look at http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/images_dubinsky.php. Sorry none of them of him sitting in a chair with his neck tucked in.
Yes back then, but the question is what is he now?

Those pics he was supposedly in the 200 range.

He is now supposedly 25 pounds heavier, so neck argument aside (which would certainly rank as the more interesting discussions I've had on here) there is supposedly a big weight different between the two shots, so how can we use them as evidence?

But getting away from the chubby neck debate, the legs don't look that great either. Now if that articlewith him commenting about struggling to get into shape hadn't appeared a few weeks back i'd probably think nothing of it. But when you factor that into consideration WITH the pictures and the SUDDEN 25 pound weight increase there is def. strange things afoot at the circle K dude.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Edge

Quote:
Yeaaaaaah... but take a look at the first pic from last year's camp when he was an absolute RAIL. Again, if you are trying to gain weight quickly, it's very easy to put on some fat with the muscle. As I said, I'm not too worried.
Some fat, yes, but not THAT much fat. Take a look at the legs. For a hockey player that is A LOT of flab to have on one the single strongest parts of your body.

And keep in mind, Dubinsky himself commented on his struggles a few weeks back.

Old
07-06-2006, 09:02 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Yes back then, but the question is what is he now?

Those pics he was supposedly in the 200 range.

He is now supposedly 25 pounds heavier, so neck argument aside (which would certainly rank as the more interesting discussions I've had on here) there is supposedly a big weight different between the two shots, so how can we use them as evidence?

But getting away from the chubby neck debate, the legs don't look that great either. Now if that articlewith him commenting about struggling to get into shape hadn't appeared a few weeks back i'd probably think nothing of it. But when you factor that into consideration WITH the pictures and the SUDDEN 25 pound weight increase there is def. strange things afoot at the circle K dude.

There were reports he gained 25 pounds from May? I thought he gained the 25 or so pounds from the start of the season. Hmm thats kinda a shock if he really did put on 25 pounds in 2 months.

Old
07-06-2006, 09:03 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Speaking of bulking up, Nigel Dawes has been getting thicker by the week it seems.

The kid looks ridiculously muscular.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:05 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Speaking of bulking up, Nigel Dawes has been getting thicker by the week it seems.

Wouldn't wanna get into a bar fight with him The guy looks like a tank.

Old
07-06-2006, 09:08 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post

His dad tells me Nigel is gunning hard for a spot on the Rangers and that's why I pencil him in so much. He seems pretty confident he has what it takes.

I personally think he'll almost assuredly make the team.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Fletch

I'd love to get Dubinsky...

on a scale. I remember seeing Manny when he was 6'2 220 - that kid was pretty big. Heck, wasn't Doig about 6'3 230, and he was huge. Ditto Dale. Dubinsky looks a bit chubby in the face, but 225? I dunno.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote