HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Taylor Hall

Old
02-10-2013, 09:38 PM
marty111

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Hes was on pace for 75ish in his second NHL season and on pace for 46ish points this year (around 78 in a full season)
Yeah I noticed that. He's a darn good player, it just seems like people think... "okay, he hit a 75pt. pace last season, next year he will hit 80 pts., then 90 pts. and so on..."

Until he gets to the upper echelon he's not an upper echelon player in my eyes, but still a very good player at that. Who knows when he gets older if he will continuing progressing into an elite winger in this league.

I get that the draft position makes people think he will but I personally don't even think he's the best player in that draft... maybe third best.

Personally I find he's a fairly predictable player and plays a reckless game that might very well hurt him in the long run. I personally think if he was drafted to a more offensively inept club - like columbus or the like - he wouldn't even look like a potential 70 pt. player yet.

Anyway as you can tell I'm not so high on him as others are.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:41 PM
CantHaveTkachev
no joke of a team

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Hes the least talented of the 4 and Yakupov can make Hall look like he has hands of stone at times. What kind of return would he get if the Oilers move him in say the next couple years? We all know the Oilers wont be able to afford all 4, id say past 3 seasons at the most.
yet has the most points, shots and best +/-

what are you talking about?

Hall has been the most consistent player and best leader IMO this year...hands down

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:50 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Why wouldn't Edmonton be able to afford all 4 of Hall, Eberle, RNH and Yakupov?

Chicago manages to afford Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith and Seabrook.
The Oilers will be lucky if their 4 is ever half as good as Hossa, Toews, Kane and Sharp

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Walter Kovacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Hes the least talented of the 4 and Yakupov can make Hall look like he has hands of stone at times. What kind of return would he get if the Oilers move him in say the next couple years? We all know the Oilers wont be able to afford all 4, id say past 3 seasons at the most.
hahaha there's so much wrong with this i don't know where to start, i also find the OP's user name is ironic.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:09 PM
MuzzaFuzza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
The Oilers will be lucky if their 4 is ever half as good as Hossa, Toews, Kane and Sharp
Where in that post did he say anything about the Big 4 becoming as good as Toews, Kane, Hossa and Sharp? He was simply stating the Hawks can afford them, yet somehow the Oil wont be able to.

And LOL at the "half as good" statement

MuzzaFuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:15 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Pretty irrelevant when discussing affordability.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:16 PM
SDig14

Someone jut close this thread, there is one every 2 months and they all end the same.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Pip

vCash: 50
I think hall will stay with the Oilers and coming from a divisional rival who has watched a lot more of the oilers (not just games against the Canucks) I can appreciate what Hall brings to the table and I hope to not put out an insulting proposal like many have in this thread.

To Vancouver
Taylor Hall

To Edmonton
Alex Edler
Raymond/Hansen/pick

I think this would be a nice starting point. A top pairing defenseman on a nice contract and a serviceable 2/3 line tweener who has great speed and has put up good numbers before (Raymond) or a prototypical third line grinder who can score, hit, defend, and can also skate and be physical.

I don't expect you guys to do it, I'm just gauging value for kicks and want some input from Oiler fans. I may be way off base, but it's a hell of a lot better than some have offered.

Pip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:24 PM
jgoud*

Quote:
Yak and Hossa
Hall and Toews
RNH and Sharp
Eberle and Kane

Although they aren't equivalent, the pairs i named are very close in value, and most of the guys on the left side have more potential AND they are 19,21,19 and 22. The half as good statement is hilarious. You obviously havent watched an oilers game.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-11-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: removed line
jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:27 PM
SDig14

Edler's trade went from average due to having no contract to extremely high IMO being a top pairing guy on a pretty solid deal.

I just Hall means too much to the franchise going forward. He plays with a compete level that is higher than probably anyone else on the team or at least as high and could potentially be a future captain. Not a guy that's easy to let go even if we get fair value.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:29 PM
BoHorvatFan

I watch a lot of Oilers games and Hall has never really impressed me. At times he reminds me of David Booth and that is very scary.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Amadeus
The Magician!

Any critique will be met with chants and blames of ignorance.

I like Taylor Hall a lot but I, too, think that while he has the talent, there is always going to be one thing that will stop him from being a star - and that's hockey sense.

He'll still do fine because his package of size and talent is there. It'll make him a good player, not great player.

02-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I think people are highly overrating Hall on here.

I get he was a 1st overall and that in itself carries a lot of potential and promise but it seems like people value him in trade value like he's a top 5 - 10 point producer 80-90pt. + winger.

I just don't see it happening for him... ever
wat

Hall is one of the most underrated players on HF.

There is a reason most Oiler fans think Hall has more value than Eberle.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
Quote:
What does this have to do with affordability? If anything, you're saying that it'll be easier for the Oilers to afford them.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:19 AM
jgoud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I think hall will stay with the Oilers and coming from a divisional rival who has watched a lot more of the oilers (not just games against the Canucks) I can appreciate what Hall brings to the table and I hope to not put out an insulting proposal like many have in this thread.

To Vancouver
Taylor Hall

To Edmonton
Alex Edler
Raymond/Hansen/pick

I think this would be a nice starting point. A top pairing defenseman on a nice contract and a serviceable 2/3 line tweener who has great speed and has put up good numbers before (Raymond) or a prototypical third line grinder who can score, hit, defend, and can also skate and be physical.

I don't expect you guys to do it, I'm just gauging value for kicks and want some input from Oiler fans. I may be way off base, but it's a hell of a lot better than some have offered.
We won't trade Hall to a division rival, but would you do Hamhuis straight up for Hall?

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Amadeus
The Magician!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
We won't trade Hall to a division rival, but would you do Hamhuis straight up for Hall?
They'll drive him to the airport, take care of his airfare as well.

Amadeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Edler's trade went from average due to having no contract to extremely high IMO being a top pairing guy on a pretty solid deal.

I just Hall means too much to the franchise going forward. He plays with a compete level that is higher than probably anyone else on the team or at least as high and could potentially be a future captain. Not a guy that's easy to let go even if we get fair value.
You are right. Edler's contract makes him more valuable.

But we still need to add. Raymond or Hansen but I changed my mind. Raymond and Hansen are excellent cheap azz support players. We need them with our cap.

You can have Edler and Schroeder for Hall.

Deal ?

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:44 AM
couture23

I'd consider a deal involving Myers and Hall since Lindy just benches him anyways.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:49 AM
MCDAVIDISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Any critique will be met with chants and blames of ignorance.

I like Taylor Hall a lot but I, too, think that while he has the talent, there is always going to be one thing that will stop him from being a star - and that's hockey sense.

He'll still do fine because his package of size and talent is there. It'll make him a good player, not great player.
I agree with you on the hockey sense, Hall definitely doesn't display it most of the time. There are times however when he can, and his athleticism is off the charts... But certainly hockey sense is his week point.

MCDAVIDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Pip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
Obviously this is all hypothetical cause Hall isn't on the block, and if he was Vancouver would have no chance but I would do it. Thought you would want a younger, more rounded defenseman than a stay at home guy, but ya I would. I love Hamhuis but I would trade him for Hall and not look back, I find that he's become quite overrated on here (by Canucks fans and non-Canucks fans). Edler has more value, but if you want a player like Hamhuis, then great. I believe we have a player similar to him developing anyways (Tanev) and we already have a great defensive player in Garrison.

Pip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Devilspuppet666

halls gonna be more valuable IMO cause hes very moldable.

he has more leadership skills then the rest (again IMO)

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:37 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
The Oilers would need one of the three if they are going to trade Taylor Hall.

1)Top defenseman

2)Talented-big centreman

3)Top power-forward
Iginla!!!!!?? + ?

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Tenacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I think people are highly overrating Hall on here.

I get he was a 1st overall and that in itself carries a lot of potential and promise but it seems like people value him in trade value like he's a top 5 - 10 point producer 80-90pt. + winger.

I just don't see it happening for him... ever

I truly feel sorry for anyone who doesn't see 80 point potential out of Taylor Hall.

Tenacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:09 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
I truly feel sorry for anyone who doesn't see 80 point potential out of Taylor Hall.
Doing it and having the potential to do it are two different things. Essentially my point.

Doing it on more then one occasion should also be considered. I just don't see it for him, I think he's the worst of the four drafted by the Oilers, albeit still very good.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
I don't need your pity but the guy ain't gettin near 80 unless the league bumps the sched up to 150 games. Maybe 75 - 76 tops..

And I like Tyler Hall...

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote