vCash: 50
His back is sore from carrying this team

gholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
My sources are approved by admins. I win.

I've been informed that Buff's injury was indeed a legitimate lower body injury, and is unrelated to the injury sustained last season.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:02 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post

I've been informed that Buff's injury was indeed a legitimate lower body injury, and is unrelated to the injury sustained last season.
LuLz
Your source was Buffs presser

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
LuLz
Your source was Buffs presser
It's not. But nevertheless, you can take what he said in his interview to the bank, and end the speculation that he missed time due to some other reason.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:36 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
It's not. But nevertheless, you can take what he said in his interview to the bank, and end the speculation that he missed time due to some other reason.
Someones presser the other day (noel maybe?) said his injury was different then last years issue.
Which was his knee

I bet he hurt his back

Old
02-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Someones presser the other day (noel maybe?) said his injury was different then last years issue.
Which was his knee

I bet he hurt his back
It was his groin.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:39 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
It was his groin.
Well there ya go

Old
02-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Huffer

Quote:

Don't know how much info you feel comfortable passing on, but if so, could you fill us in on some particulars?

Maybe not specifics, but something like, is it the sort of injury that is going to linger? Or is it a one off? Does it sound shape related? Or was it a freak thing?

Edit: looks like you answered above, thanks!

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:54 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
It was his groin.
Oh great: now we're going to have even MORE speculation about what he was doing.

Seriously though: thanks very much for putting an end to the speculation. Looking forward to seeing him back in the lineup. The unpredictability he brings to the Jets makes everyone better, in my opinion. Other teams HAVE to pay special attention to him when he's out there, freeing up some pressure from the other Jets players, IMHO.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:57 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Very difficult injury to heal properly.....they tend to nag. Timmy Stapes played through one late last season that really slowed his skating.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Gil Fisher

vCash: 500
If I missed five days work everytime I pulled my groin, I'd be looking for a new job.....or a new hobby.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Reports from Byfuglien's friends say he was telling them he could snap a Pringles container in half with his thighs, he was able to do this but ultimately pulled his groin in the process.

E5.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Skidooboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
I have an honest question for you based on many of your previous posts. If this was Evander Kane missing 5 games would you be more inclined to believe these rumors?
Nope. Mid season, shortened season, noone is going to sit a player for dropping an f-bomb at a coach. Especially not Buff. We win with buff and lose without him. thats statiscly verifiable. no coach is gonna bench the teams only true Impact player over some heated words.

I'm expecting a lot of groin pulls this year. I'm even expecting Kane to get one during one of his "bounce pass it to myself off the boards and rush in" plays. Every coach and D-man in the league know how to shut it down. That will cause him to become frustrated and try harder and harder to do it causing him to over extend one night.

I don't think that Noel or Chevy would fake an injury report to bench a player. If they felt strongly enought to do it they would let everyone know the truth.

much more likley to just bench a guy.

I still don't like Kane. I still think we would have been better off dumping him while his stock was high. He kinda reminds me of Ovie. A one trick pony that once the D-men figure it out the former hero is just average.

Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Reports from Byfuglien's friends say he was telling them he could snap a Pringles container in half with his thighs, he was able to do this but ultimately pulled his groin in the process.

E5.
I'd be more impressed if he could crush it into a pancake with his thighs, now that's a legitimate challenge.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooboy View Post
Nope. Mid season, shortened season, noone is going to sit a player for dropping an f-bomb at a coach. Especially not Buff. We win with buff and lose without him. thats statiscly verifiable. no coach is gonna bench the teams only true Impact player over some heated words.

I'm expecting a lot of groin pulls this year. I'm even expecting Kane to get one during one of his "bounce pass it to myself off the boards and rush in" plays. Every coach and D-man in the league know how to shut it down. That will cause him to become frustrated and try harder and harder to do it causing him to over extend one night.

I don't think that Noel or Chevy would fake an injury report to bench a player. If they felt strongly enought to do it they would let everyone know the truth.

much more likley to just bench a guy.

I still don't like Kane. I still think we would have been better off dumping him while his stock was high. He kinda reminds me of Ovie. A one trick pony that once the D-men figure it out the former hero is just average.
sorry to go ot here..
I'm just wondering... despite only having three goals in 11 games, he is still on a 60 pt pace, which is an increase from last year...and he's on a fairly friendly 6 year contract....and has so far piled on the shots... why exactly do you see his stock as any lower then last year?

As for the rest i agree, any hypothesis that buff was out for any reason other then injury was pretty obviously ridiculous speculation.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

You mean these rumors weren't true? I already went and told 5 different people, and they all told me a different story re; Buff back. Has to be true.

Lesson: Oh, so that's how silly rumors start.

02-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
The hipster source of sources?
I'd reveal my source, but you've probably never heard of him.

Potrzebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:34 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
I'd be more impressed if he could crush it into a pancake with his thighs, now that's a legitimate challenge.
He'd be Dustin Penner's BFF if he could do that.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Brian Cadle Fan

vCash: 167
I was once suspended over a groin pull.

It wasn't my groin.

Brian Cadle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Ba da cha!

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Skidooboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
sorry to go ot here..
I'm just wondering... despite only having three goals in 11 games, he is still on a 60 pt pace, which is an increase from last year...and he's on a fairly friendly 6 year contract....and has so far piled on the shots... why exactly do you see his stock as any lower then last year?

As for the rest i agree, any hypothesis that buff was out for any reason other then injury was pretty obviously ridiculous speculation.

I don't see a 60 point pace. I see a minus 5 player with no points in 6 out of 11 games. who is 73 in the league scoring. compare his previous numbers and you see this bear out. Kane is a guy who averages about.6 ppg in the NHL career. .6x48 = 28.8 points this season. I also look at what was happening with the team and who he scored against. He scored for the most part on garbage teams and b/u goalie of the 1 good team (Pitsburgh) he's faced.
Okay he was good against the habs, with Price, but I don't think that game was indicitive of Montreal's play this year.
So how good is he? and what aboput his KHL numbers?

Last edited by Skidooboy: 02-10-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
I don't see a 60 point pace. I see a minus 5 player with no points in 6 out of 11 games. who is 73 in the league scoring. compare his previous numbers and you see this bear out. Kane is a guy who averages about.6 ppg in the NHL career. .6x48 = 28.8 points this season. I also look at what was happening with the team and who he scored against. He scored for the most part on garbage teams and b/u goalie of the 1 good team (Pitsburgh) he's faced.
Okay he was good against the habs, with Price, but I don't think that game was indicitive of Montreal's play this year.
Vokoun is the nominal backup in Pittsburgh, but he's the better goalie this year: 2.27 GAA, .918 SV%, 1 SO...

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:00 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Vokoun is the nominal backup in Pittsburgh, but he's the better goalie this year: 2.27 GAA, .918 SV%, 1 SO...
He is the better goalie every year. MAF is so so average.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:05 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
This is a very very bad hockey take.

You want to explain away his scoring pace by pushing aside last year and the start of this season and instead going with a career average?

Kane is leading the Jets in SOG and hits. He is also on pace for a career high in points. He is doing this with a low on ice shooting percentage. These are called facts.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:16 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
This is a very very bad hockey take.

You want to explain away his scoring pace by pushing aside last year and the start of this season and instead going with a career average?

Kane is leading the Jets in SOG and hits. He is also on pace for a career high in points. He is doing this with a low on ice shooting percentage. These are called facts.
But your "facts" (which you and garret seem to have a lot of, I'm on to you guys) don't fit with a particular argument, thus we should disregard them completely!
Kane=Sucky once you get that I'll listen to facts!

I heart Kane, and don't want him going anywhere.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote