HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lightning @ Rangers 2/10/13 "The Adventures of Wade Richards and Rick Gomez"

View Poll Results: Three Players of the Game?
Arron Asham 9 5.84%
Jeff Halpern 2 1.30%
Rick Gomez 66 42.86%
Wade Richards 3 1.95%
Carl Hagelin 140 90.91%
Marian Drury 2 1.30%
Ryan Callahan 33 21.43%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Darroll Powe 14 9.09%
Anton Stralman 4 2.60%
Ryan McDonagh 26 16.88%
Taylor Pyatt 5 3.25%
Matt Gilroy 1 0.65%
Dan Girardi 12 7.79%
Marc Staal 10 6.49%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.65%
Martin Biron 3 1.95%
Henrik Lundqvist 123 79.87%
Chris Kreider 2 1.30%
JT Miller 2 1.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Dangleberry

vCash: 500
Just got home from the game. What a solid and decisive ****ing win.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Who do you think played better, Garon or Lindback? I thought Lindback but its hard to compare. Any idea why they started their backup if their game last night got cancelled?

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:36 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Who do you think played better, Garon or Lindback? I thought Lindback but its hard to compare. Any idea why they started their backup if their game last night got cancelled?
garon was supposed to start last night so after the game got cancelled they decided to give him his turn against us.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:43 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcresty View Post
we;re the highest scoring team tonight in the nhl guys. Let's all get some cheesecake, we deserved this as a fan base.
ehmahgerdddddddddddd cheeeeeeeeeeesecakeeeeeeeeeeee

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:47 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Just finished watching the game, have no complaints about anyone on the ice, great game!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

**** yeah, boys. Just what we needed.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:54 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Hopefully, this is the start of something good.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:56 PM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
Nice win, everyone played well. Scary start, but they settled down fairly early and simply denied Tampa many offensive chances. They made Stamkos and St. Louis look silly out there, barely noticed them at all.

Hagelin
Nash
Lundqvist

HM: Halpern, McDonagh, Callahan

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:01 AM
SnowblindNYR

Ok, so a few points:

1) This is not about the actual game. Sometimes I'm appalled by the behavior of Rangers fans at games. Some guy before the game, I really hope he was doing some serious pre-gaming and is not just a complete lowlife sober. Anyway some Rangers fan yelled to some girl "Show me your ****!" (breasts rhymes with bits). I was appalled.

2) First the negative. The beginning of the game was one glorious odd man rush for the Bolts after another. Though I remember Devils fans constantly lamenting how during the years when they were really good they'd allow like 20 shots, but the chances they let up were glorious. I think this year Torts is playing a more high risk game that would lead to such opportunities. With our goalie, defense (they can break up some of these odd man rushes) and yes even the offense, I like this method a lot more.

3) The positive. Total domination. 5-1, doesn't even begin to describe it. This is the most talented team I've ever seen the Rangers have. Up and down the lineup no one is out of place. No Boyles, Fedotenkos, Rupps, even Prusts, playing on lines they shouldn't be. Our 3rd line, IMO can be a second line on some teams (they probably won't be elite teams but nonetheless I believe this). We have a 40 goal scorer on the 1st line, a 40 goal scorer on the 2nd line (granted one of these, depending what you consider the first line did it once, but he also scored 30 multiple times), and a guy that probably would have scored 30 two years in a row on the 3rd. We have a bunch of guys playing a lot worse than their career would indicate and none of them are ridiculously old (not even Richards), they should only get better. The defense is excellent. Even Gilroy is serviceable. No comedicly bad 6th defenseman now. Stralman is a very good 5th D-man. Then you have our best player in Hank. I think top to bottom this is the most complete team in the NHL. Even the Hawks have a question mark in goal (as well as he's played). As far as this game goes, seems like we finally are a team that can pass and play puck control. Granted this is not Boston's D. Still, it was impressive to watch the team play puck control. We really dominated the puck. When we got in their zone we constantly made something happen. Meanwhile TB, despite a few good odd man rush opportunities did nothing in their zone. Just total domination.

4) As I said, we have a number of very good players underachieving (even including Stepan in this) and I can't see at least most of these guys not improving significantly. We are about to finish a murderer's row schedule. Things are looking up.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:17 AM
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

Really pleased with the effort and result. The only caveat being that I'd like to see this performance duplicated against the Pens, Bruins and Devils of the world. Tuesday is their chance to show they can hang with the big boys.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:32 AM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

Does anyone have highlights of McDonagh clearing the crease?

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Guys did Kreider played tonite? I missed him.
He set up Gaborik and Gilroy for 2 glorious scoring chances..he had an ok game other than that.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Calad
Section 422

http://gifsound.com/?gif=http%3A%2F%...kwqCCQ&start=4

Calad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:55 AM
nyr33

we need a gif of mcd clearing the crease and the stare down after. that was awesome

Halpern is a much better skater than i thought. him and powe look great. gilroy had a few turnovers but has been much better than bickel.

I thought mdz had a rough game as did richards. But richards made a few key subtle defensive plays. Marc staal is the man

nyr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:59 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr33 View Post
we need a gif of mcd clearing the crease and the stare down after. that was awesome
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...2#post59472661

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
OH MY GOD.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:23 AM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
OH MY GOD.
It was so bad you had to laugh. I rewound it for my son like 10 times. Worst line change I may have ever seen. Torts got into their heads a bit too much about not taking another too many men penalty. You have to wonder what he must've threatened them with, cause you woulda thought their lives were hanging in the balance!

Just was pathetic to watch. I mean hilarious. It was friggin hilarious!

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:29 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
It was so bad you had to laugh. I rewound it for my son like 10 times. Worst line change I may have ever seen. Torts got into their heads a bit too much about not taking another too many men penalty. You have to wonder what he must've threatened them with, cause you woulda thought their lives were hanging in the balance!

Just was pathetic to watch. I mean hilarious. It was friggin hilarious!
It was hilarious until they scored, ending Lundy's chance for a shutty. Doesn't mean he most certainly would have gotten it but..come on!

Though, looking at it again, you say to yourself "can it get any worse," and sure enough, Staal falls down.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:34 AM
Rangerfan4life90

What is going with the line changes this season? Lmao, too many issues there.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:39 AM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Ok, so a few points:

1) This is not about the actual game. Sometimes I'm appalled by the behavior of Rangers fans at games. Some guy before the game, I really hope he was doing some serious pre-gaming and is not just a complete lowlife sober. Anyway some Rangers fan yelled to some girl "Show me your ****!" (breasts rhymes with bits). I was appalled.

2) First the negative. The beginning of the game was one glorious odd man rush for the Bolts after another. Though I remember Devils fans constantly lamenting how during the years when they were really good they'd allow like 20 shots, but the chances they let up were glorious. I think this year Torts is playing a more high risk game that would lead to such opportunities. With our goalie, defense (they can break up some of these odd man rushes) and yes even the offense, I like this method a lot more.

3) The positive. Total domination. 5-1, doesn't even begin to describe it. This is the most talented team I've ever seen the Rangers have. Up and down the lineup no one is out of place. No Boyles, Fedotenkos, Rupps, even Prusts, playing on lines they shouldn't be. Our 3rd line, IMO can be a second line on some teams (they probably won't be elite teams but nonetheless I believe this). We have a 40 goal scorer on the 1st line, a 40 goal scorer on the 2nd line (granted one of these, depending what you consider the first line did it once, but he also scored 30 multiple times), and a guy that probably would have scored 30 two years in a row on the 3rd. We have a bunch of guys playing a lot worse than their career would indicate and none of them are ridiculously old (not even Richards), they should only get better. The defense is excellent. Even Gilroy is serviceable. No comedicly bad 6th defenseman now. Stralman is a very good 5th D-man. Then you have our best player in Hank. I think top to bottom this is the most complete team in the NHL. Even the Hawks have a question mark in goal (as well as he's played). As far as this game goes, seems like we finally are a team that can pass and play puck control. Granted this is not Boston's D. Still, it was impressive to watch the team play puck control. We really dominated the puck. When we got in their zone we constantly made something happen. Meanwhile TB, despite a few good odd man rush opportunities did nothing in their zone. Just total domination.

4) As I said, we have a number of very good players underachieving (even including Stepan in this) and I can't see at least most of these guys not improving significantly. We are about to finish a murderer's row schedule. Things are looking up.
1) Wait, so one guy, acting like a stereotypical male jackass, says show me your **** and you equate it to a generalization of all Rangers fans, as if there truly is that risk we are all like that? Pathetic.

2) Pretty sure Torts being redfaced reading the riot act to everyone on the bench for their loose play kinda disproves your theory.

3) On paper, as it was even with the others and before the season started, we were the 'best team in the nhl'. But one game does not make the paper become 3 dimensional. Feel good game for sure. But with all the underperformance you mentioned, and the first time all season we've won 2 in a row, I'd say we've got some ways to go before we could say we're the best team in the nhl in any sort of reality. On paper? Hey, papers nice. We can hang it up in our offices after we miss the playoffs for being only a few games over 500. Hopefully, we will in fact come together and the stars will perform better on the scoresheet. I have faith we will. But it'll be at least 3 weeks of really solid play before we can make any best team claims.

4) Yeah, when players are underperforming to such a level, it is definitely our hopes some will improve significantly as things get rolling. We need it much sooner than later. But tonight definitely felt good, and things are looking up for sure, as long as we keep this consistency going.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerboy030 View Post
Great game; we absolutely butchered them.

Tampa Bay Flyers
We did , but the Bolts is one of the teams that I do not "hate".

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
OH MY GOD.
But, but we won.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm not even staying in the PGT tonight, already tired of all the dumb Nash posts. Great win, 2 in a row, lets keep it going.
Yeah, 2 pts tonight, he is on pace to get 70 pts, while not getting anything from the PP.

No matter if he gets pts or not, he is also drawing a ton of attention from the other team and opens up alot of room for players around him. He has been on the ice for 55% of the goals this team has scored which is outstanding and he leads the team in +/-.

Before we get a PP going, we won't have people in the top 10 in scoring. You get so many pts for free and so much momentum from playing on a strong PP. Ours are what, 30th in the league...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:52 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Rick Gomez is just so funny

I just read it and laugh
Haha, I was searching for Nash and went through the list up and down several times. The list looked long enough, and but after a while I counted the players on it and it wasn't until I started to look for players that didn't play last night I saw Gomez and Redden's name, then it took another couple of minutes before I figured it out...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:51 AM
darko

Good win.

It's embarrassing how much hate Richards and Nash get. GDTs are unbearable at times.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote