Tim Thomas appreciation thread

Old
02-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Bridges31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Truth.

Don't know if this was posted yet. Sorry if it was, thought this was pretty cool what he did. And to think this was his last time in a Bruins jersey....

Not to take anything away from what he did in the video, but the fan was his son IIRC. Still amazing for him to do that.

The guy is just so humble.

I remember a poster on here (from another team I think) saying that he met Thomas during one of the all-star games while driving the shuttle bus for the players (or something like that, I can't really remember). Had nothing but nice things to say about Thomas.

The vezina speech video posted here was just amazing to watch. You could tell he was truly grateful to win it, and came close to tearing up several times. It's a shame that people let political views cloud their judgement of others.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:37 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 444
[QUOTE=Islanderfan17;59296159]Thomas is a great guy, I'll never understand the hate he gets for his political views. Always been a class act person and player and I loved rooting for him on your guys Stanley Cup run.

I don't understand the hate for his political views either. I actually agree with what he did. There are lots of stubborn, hateful people out there...but we love you Timmy! You were the best Bruins goalie I ever saw (and I saw Cheevers play). God Bless you and your family Timmy, and all the best in the future!

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:03 PM
GordonHowe

Late to thread -- power out,no smart phone.

All one need say is, thanks, Tim.

Goodbye and good luck for now, and perhaps when time clears the air, a number goes up at the garden.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Bri

Late to the thread as well. I've said it before, Thomas made me look like an idiot and I'm so happy he did! I thought he was an average to slightly above average goalie who would never be the goalie that could stand on his head for a team long term in the playoffs. He was beyond belief in their Cup run and as a Bruins fan, I will always be thankful!

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:56 AM
chizzler

Unreal..............I've been reading this thread from the start and I'm laughing out loud with some of the negativity toward Thomas. For all you negative Nancy's (no dissrespect intended), all of you would trade for him right now if you didn't have a cup won in '11. All I read around here was the wining of not winning the thing. Make no mistake, Tim Thomas won us the cup. To me, he can do what ever he likes, it's his life and obviously is what he's made of. This type of drive of not caring or sticking to his guns is why he was so successful. Maybe more people in this country should do the same and stop playing the media card and creating a controversy when there is none. Who cares that he has these feelings! I don't think any of his teammates were complaining when the were winning during the cup year. Who cares he didn't go to the white house. It didn't bother me at all. The only person I think it bothered was Mr. Haggerty. He constantly was on Thomas' ass for this. He's just another media guy with an agenda that makes up stories that aren't a big deal and then it blows up.

Honestly, does it really matter what his views are. He is right, the country is being run by idiots with agendas for themselves and not the good of the country. I'm not on the left or on the right. To me, he's a great goalie who helped my team win a cup that I thought I would never see. I compare him too Schilling. Same thing. 86 years of mediocrity. You think he had something to do with that pennant win. Another great athlete in my eyes. Does he have his views? Certainly does. So what!
Don't be bamboozled by the medias agendas. Make up your own mind. These guys did the job we thought would never happen. They are great Boston athletes.

chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Tim Thomas was a public personnality and considered as a role-model by some people. In that regard, Thomas have a responsability to be careful if he make public statement. It's simple as that, IMHO.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:20 AM
chizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Tim Thomas was a public personnality and considered as a role-model by some people. In that regard, Thomas have a responsability to be careful if he make public statement. It's simple as that, IMHO.
What was his statement?

chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:43 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 444
Thanks Timmy, you helped bring pride and respect back to the Bruins.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:02 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
You mean be careful to say things you want to hear and that you agree with right?

And i use the term 'you' rather loosely here so don't take it personally at all.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:06 AM
PsychoDad

Tim Thomas will always be my favorite Bruin.
I dont give a **** about his political views even if they are so much different from mine.
I wish his career would end differently, in a Bruins uniform, with fans waving goodbye.
This is the only thing that makes me sad about him.

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:06 AM
jasonbaz77*

There is a certain side of the political spectrum (I won't say which) that is the most intolerant. Since the mainstream media goes their way they feel very comfortable slamming people with different views, and piling on. I wonder how Lincoln would have felt about this.

I love you Timmy...thank you for giving me something I waited my entire life to see!

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:08 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Its an appreciation thread. If you don't want to show your appreciation, then don't contribute. Simple as that.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post
Tim Thomas will always be my favorite Bruin.
I dont give a **** about his political views even if they are so much different from mine.
I wish his career would end differently, in a Bruins uniform, with fans waving goodbye.
This is the only thing that makes me sad about him.
Only thing I'd improve upon this is make that in a Bruins uniform, carrying another Stanley Cup, with fans waving goodbye!!

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:43 AM
RustyBruins72

Great thread Ranold!

I really loved watching him play. He left it all out there. I loved his intensity. Might the only goalie in NHL history to have an actual "Hit" stat from where he clobbered a sedin. I was proud that he was a bruin. He was the best bruin goalie I've ever seen play. He reminds us that if we have a dream, to never give up, wait for your chance and then grab it and never let go.

To be honest, I wondered if he could ever be that guy, but my friend Terry (Backin_72) always believed in him.

All the best Timmy and thank you.

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Quaider*

Late getting in on this. No Timmy, no Stanley and we're still waiting. Great Bruin and a great champion. Thanks Tim!

Quaider* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:13 PM
BergyDGD
Friartown!

Quote:
I hear ya and disagreed with the way he conducted himself at the end of his tenure. But honestly none of those controversies overshadow his accomplishments on the ice. At the end of the day his political views, facebook postings, etc will be a small blip on the legacy of one of the fiercest competitors I have ever seen wear the "spoked B". No one fought like Timmy get a starting goalie spot on this team (or NHL hockey in general) and then fight again to take the spot back from Rask. Whether it was Toivenen, Fernandez, or Rask he never seemed to have a guarantee on the starting spot but kept fighting and always held off competitors for his spot. I am glad he is gone and now we can just look back at his brilliant time in Boston without whining about cap ramifications, whether or not he deserted his team and all the other nonsense. Thanks Timmy.

BergyDGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:51 PM
nutty

whether i i agree with tim political views ( i do somewhat) he was one of the greatest bruins to put ont he black and gold. i wonder what would have happend to other greats had we had facebook and the media we have today. shame the wigs didn;t let him just win for boston

nutty is offline   Reply With Quote