HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 11:03 PM
  #426
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Fucale pulled after another shaky goal. Hopefully a goalie needy team picks him before our first rounder.
If Timmins takes him with our 1st he should be fired.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:04 PM
  #427
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,522
vCash: 597
I'm not hinting that he would take him, just saying I hope a team takes him before we pick, leaving an extra quality skater available to us.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:07 PM
  #428
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They were not deep at center then lost Etchegarry most of the year and Grigorenko since the lock out ended. It's hurt Duclair worst than the others.
I know and both Erne and Sorensen slowed down too but never to that level...

hab 4ever is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:32 PM
  #429
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Is Gauthier that much better than Mantha? If we go by stats, it's not really close.

Is there a footspeed or hockey sense issue with Mantha? I don't really see either very often.

le_sean is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:38 PM
  #430
Ubercron9000
Registered User
 
Ubercron9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
I hope we really get Wennberg the guy is a monster. He is good now I'm just not sure what his potential could be.

Ubercron9000 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:13 AM
  #431
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
Happy Snow Day Grant!


Who would you draft first, Zykov or Nichuskin?
?
Does Nichuskin's KHL contract, have an out clause for the NHL?

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:31 AM
  #432
SwedisHab
Slim Shady
 
SwedisHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
I hope we really get Wennberg the guy is a monster. He is good now I'm just not sure what his potential could be.
Yup, that kid is a beast already in swedish 2nd league. If he bulk some and maybe have a year in AHL he could be crazy good here too.

SwedisHab is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 08:08 AM
  #433
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Is Gauthier that much better than Mantha? If we go by stats, it's not really close.

Is there a footspeed or hockey sense issue with Mantha? I don't really see either very often.
Gauthier is a center and more complete. Mantha a pure sniper but a late birthday.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 12:18 PM
  #434
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,814
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gauthier is a center and more complete. Mantha a pure sniper but a late birthday.
Gauthier is also pretty good on faceoffs as well as playing all three zones,whereas Mantha/RW is a pure goalscorer and poor defensively.Carrier/LW is good in all three zones,but not the goalscorer that Mantha is.Now I would be really quite satisfied if the Habs drafted these three and Eric Comrie/G or Shea Theodore/Sam Morin/Def.with their first 5 draft choices.Laurent Dauphin or Pavel Buchnevich are good replacements for these picks in the 2nd round.My preference would be to have Gauthier/Mantha/Carrier as a line that combines talent,skating,speed and size.Then draft a couple of defencemen to add depth in the system in case a few prospects don't pan out which is just a smart back-up plan as is Comrie the Tri-City goalie that Price worked out with during the Lockout.

S Bah is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 02:00 PM
  #435
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Is Gauthier that much better than Mantha? If we go by stats, it's not really close.

Is there a footspeed or hockey sense issue with Mantha? I don't really see either very often.
Mantha known to disappear at times. Gauthier likely Timmins pick...if he's gone Zykov...if he's gone Wennberg. Unless somebody big like Erne or Zadarov slides.

Mats86 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:04 PM
  #436
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Mantha known to disappear at times. Gauthier likely Timmins pick...if he's gone Zykov...if he's gone Wennberg. Unless somebody big like Erne or Zadarov slides.
Gauthier should be picked before Erne regardless.

MXD is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:19 PM
  #437
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Does Nichuskin's KHL contract, have an out clause for the NHL?
Doubt it.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:38 PM
  #438
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
I know and both Erne and Sorensen slowed down too but never to that level...
Sorensen and Erne weren't playing with Grigorenko anyway. Duclair was. Although, this week Duclair has played well. Erne, not much. He's getting some points playing with Sorensen.

Sorensen is playing better than Erne and Duclair since the beginning of 2013. He's their best forward right now. He's developing into a complete player, he's playing well in all 3 zones. Erne and Duclair have troubles in their own zone.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 12:19 AM
  #439
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Sorensen and Erne weren't playing with Grigorenko anyway. Duclair was. Although, this week Duclair has played well. Erne, not much. He's getting some points playing with Sorensen.

Sorensen is playing better than Erne and Duclair since the beginning of 2013. He's their best forward right now. He's developing into a complete player, he's playing well in all 3 zones. Erne and Duclair have troubles in their own zone.
I know they were not playing with Grigorenko, I was just acknowledging that everyone on les Remparts had slowed down offensively. I've only seen two Remparts games since WJC but I heard quite a few echo your thoughts on Sorensen's play.

hab 4ever is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:32 AM
  #440
FisherKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Would love to see Timmins land Zadarov with the 1st and Simon and Diaby with 2 of our 2nds. Zadarov seems unlikely as it appears he'll go too high, but it's possible he slips much like some of the highly rated forwards in 2012. If Gauthier is still on the board, then I hope Timmins takes him, but if not then Zadarov if he's still there. With him, Simon and Diaby (or any 2 of them) added to Tinordi, I think Price would feel fairly secure when they are on the blue line, assuming of course they make it to the NHL which wouldn't seem to be an unreasonable expectation.

FisherKing is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:47 AM
  #441
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Would love to see Timmins land Zadarov with the 1st and Simon and Diaby with 2 of our 2nds. Zadarov seems unlikely as it appears he'll go too high, but it's possible he slips much like some of the highly rated forwards in 2012. If Gauthier is still on the board, then I hope Timmins takes him, but if not then Zadarov if he's still there. With him, Simon and Diaby (or any 2 of them) added to Tinordi, I think Price would feel fairly secure when they are on the blue line, assuming of course they make it to the NHL which wouldn't seem to be an unreasonable expectation.
Who is this Simon you speak of?

Mats86 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:01 AM
  #442
FisherKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Who is this Simon you speak of?
Sorry, blonde moment there. I meant Samuel Morin, not Simon. Hey, it's early and I'm still only half awake.

FisherKing is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:48 AM
  #443
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,814
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Sorry, blonde moment there. I meant Samuel Morin, not Simon. Hey, it's early and I'm still only half awake.
Good choices,which forwards besides Gauthier,any of those defencemen will be available in the late 2nd & 3rd rounds,except Zadorov.An extra 3rd round pick can see the Habs get Diaby & Morin,a few extra 3rd round picks may get Tyler Hill LW,Mike McCarron RW and John Hayden C which would give the Habs a 4th line,that would be huge and players that can move through the lineup.

S Bah is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 07:38 AM
  #444
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Sorry, blonde moment there. I meant Samuel Morin, not Simon. Hey, it's early and I'm still only half awake.
lol...I see. Thought I had missed a prospect for a second. Diaby and Morin sort of similar players. Not that different than Tinordi and Ellis. I'd imagine he'll take one of them in second round but doubt both. Probably off set it with a Subban offensive type. I'd be suprised if Gauthier is not our first round pick. Unless we miss playoffs and win lottery.

Mats86 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:34 AM
  #445
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Would love to see Timmins land Zadarov with the 1st and Simon and Diaby with 2 of our 2nds. Zadarov seems unlikely as it appears he'll go too high, but it's possible he slips much like some of the highly rated forwards in 2012. If Gauthier is still on the board, then I hope Timmins takes him, but if not then Zadarov if he's still there. With him, Simon and Diaby (or any 2 of them) added to Tinordi, I think Price would feel fairly secure when they are on the blue line, assuming of course they make it to the NHL which wouldn't seem to be an unreasonable expectation.
I have nothing against oversized d-men but I wouldn't put all our eggs in the same basket as a result of an overreaction to a bad game against the Leafs.

Fozz is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:37 AM
  #446
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
I know they were not playing with Grigorenko, I was just acknowledging that everyone on les Remparts had slowed down offensively. I've only seen two Remparts games since WJC but I heard quite a few echo your thoughts on Sorensen's play.
The offense had already slowed down before Grigorenko left for the WJC but he was scoring 1 goal per game. Losing that goal per game is a lot.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 12:39 PM
  #447
FisherKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
lol...I see. Thought I had missed a prospect for a second. Diaby and Morin sort of similar players. Not that different than Tinordi and Ellis. I'd imagine he'll take one of them in second round but doubt both. Probably off set it with a Subban offensive type. I'd be suprised if Gauthier is not our first round pick. Unless we miss playoffs and win lottery.
You're probably right but wouldn't it be interesting 3-5 years from now for players playing against the habs to look across at the Habs' defensive lineup while listening to the National Anthem(s) and seeing Morin, Diaby, Zadorov, Tinordi and PK standing there.

I agree that Gauthier will be our first round pick IF he's still there, which he may or may not be and I'd be very happy with that pick. If he isn't there, and Zadorov is, then I hope Timmins picks Zadorov. Hagg is another interesting possibility for the Habs in the 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I have nothing against oversized d-men but I wouldn't put all our eggs in the same basket as a result of an overreaction to a bad game against the Leafs.
Well, first of all, I've been a Habs fan for over 50 years so I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly with this team, so I'm not really inclined toward "knee jerk reactions" to games like the Leafs game on Saturday the way some younger posters here seem to be. Rather, my drafting preferences are based on the last 1000+ games the Habs have played (give or take a few hundred ). Of course I haven't seen all of them, but enough to get a feel for where the team has been going, or more accurately where it HASN'T been going.

My draft preferences are based on the teams recent (and not so recent) history; where I think the team may be drafting which I think will be the middle of the pack - maybe 12-18 (pure speculation of course); the players that might be available when Habs pick and the long term possiblee benefits to the Habs of picking those players.

Again, it's pure speculation on my part, but then I guess we're all in the same boat on that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Good choices,which forwards besides Gauthier,any of those defencemen will be available in the late 2nd & 3rd rounds,except Zadorov.An extra 3rd round pick can see the Habs get Diaby & Morin,a few extra 3rd round picks may get Tyler Hill LW,Mike McCarron RW and John Hayden C which would give the Habs a 4th line,that would be huge and players that can move through the lineup.
If Gauthier (and Zadorov) are gone when Habs pick in the 1st, then I'm with Grant on Wennberg...really like this guy's game or as Grant puts it "how he thinks the game". He's an early birthday and up to a year older than some of the other prospects, which is a concern mentioned by some, and his ceiling is difficult to predict, but I'd be really happy if Timmins takes him. Zykov is another interesting option. I haven't seen him play but from what I've read he sounds a bit like a poor man's Yakupov - good size, good offensive instincts, aggressive, crashes the net, goes to the dirty areas to get his goals, or at least that' seems to be the "book" on him. If true, that works for me.


Last edited by FisherKing: 02-11-2013 at 12:45 PM.
FisherKing is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 12:58 PM
  #448
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,522
vCash: 597
Diaby's team was on TVA Sports yesterday against the Olympiques. I liked him. Easy to see him making the NHL because he's really big, mobile, tough, good in his end and I saw flashes of offence too.

I would not use our highest 2nd on him (assuming it's between 30 and 40). He's not a flashy pick...but if you use a mid 2nd on him, I mean it's the 2nd round...if you get a regular defenceman out of it, you are doing well. Usually only like 1/3 of the 2nd round even plays more than 80 NHL games.

I really liked Poirier and Reway on the Olympiques.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:07 PM
  #449
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,730
vCash: 500
Diaby will be available in the 3rd or 4th rounds...

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:26 PM
  #450
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,814
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Would love to see Timmins land Zadarov with the 1st and Simon and Diaby with 2 of our 2nds. Zadarov seems unlikely as it appears he'll go too high, but it's possible he slips much like some of the highly rated forwards in 2012. If Gauthier is still on the board, then I hope Timmins takes him, but if not then Zadarov if he's still there. With him, Simon and Diaby (or any 2 of them) added to Tinordi, I think Price would feel fairly secure when they are on the blue line, assuming of course they make it to the NHL which wouldn't seem to be an unreasonable expectation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
lol...I see. Thought I had missed a prospect for a second. Diaby and Morin sort of similar players. Not that different than Tinordi and Ellis. I'd imagine he'll take one of them in second round but doubt both. Probably off set it with a Subban offensive type. I'd be suprised if Gauthier is not our first round pick. Unless we miss playoffs and win lottery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I have nothing against oversized d-men but I wouldn't put all our eggs in the same basket as a result of an overreaction to a bad game against the Leafs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Good choices,which forwards besides Gauthier,any of those defencemen will be available in the late 2nd & 3rd rounds,except Zadorov.An extra 3rd round pick can see the Habs get Diaby & Morin,a few extra 3rd round picks may get Tyler Hill LW,Mike McCarron RW and John Hayden C which would give the Habs a 4th line,that would be huge and players that can move through the lineup.
No Excuses these players would give the team depth to deal with any type of game the opposition brings.Just get more eggs and a couple more baskets.(more 3rd & 4th round picks as is the Habs don't have a 4th round pick)Another 2nd and three more 3rd's would really give the system quality depth with proper development,which the Habs have in place thanks to Bergevin.

S Bah is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.