HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part V)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 12:20 AM
  #51
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton
 
McSkittlez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 8,842
vCash: 500
Best episode of Talking Dead ever.

McSkittlez is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 12:31 AM
  #52
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 883
Great to have TWD back on. Sunday night tv was so pointless without football and that.

--Rick's cracking up so obviously now, the Ricktatorship has to become a democracy again. C'mon, look at Tyrese's muscles. You need that guy on your side, Rickster.
--Tyrese is obviously not dying. Not at least until that big black guy from Woodbury shows up as a regular cast member.
--Darryl better be back. This show would be so inferior without him it's not funny.
--Kill Merle.
--Ghost Lori was creepy as hell.
--Andrea's still making my entire family embarrassed to be blond. WTF, girlie! The aquariums full of heads, battle to the death between Darryl and Merle, they captured and tortured Glen and Maggie without telling you, and you...go all Queen Bee and stick around. Uh-huh. Please become walker-bait soon.

ProstheticConscience is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:14 AM
  #53
DuckJet
#iamsorry
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 32,854
vCash: 69
It took half a season but this show finally ticked me off.

Rick not trusting Tyreese and Michonne is starting to wear a bit thin. Anyone who had a clue what the name Michonne meant before she showed up on the show knows that she's eventually going to be a part of the group. And if that wasn't enough, her dead on skepticism of Woodbury should suggest that eventually she'd be on the other side of the clash. Then with Tyreese, even if you didn't know he was part of the group in the comics, he's being written as the most trustworthy person outside the group possible and the whole group is rooting for him to join. We know both are going to be integrated into the group (doubt the guys considering killing Carl and Carol are gonna make it too long) but if I know this show like I do, it won't be until right before the finale as Rick finally gets over his mis-trust and lets them back in right before the final showdown between Woodbury and the prison.

That and as Prosthetic said, Andrea is all kinds of stupid if she's still on the Governor's side after all she'd seen.

DuckJet is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:53 AM
  #54
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
It took half a season but this show finally ticked me off.

Rick not trusting Tyreese and Michonne is starting to wear a bit thin. Anyone who had a clue what the name Michonne meant before she showed up on the show knows that she's eventually going to be a part of the group. And if that wasn't enough, her dead on skepticism of Woodbury should suggest that eventually she'd be on the other side of the clash. Then with Tyreese, even if you didn't know he was part of the group in the comics, he's being written as the most trustworthy person outside the group possible and the whole group is rooting for him to join. We know both are going to be integrated into the group (doubt the guys considering killing Carl and Carol are gonna make it too long) but if I know this show like I do, it won't be until right before the finale as Rick finally gets over his mis-trust and lets them back in right before the final showdown between Woodbury and the prison.

That and as Prosthetic said, Andrea is all kinds of stupid if she's still on the Governor's side after all she'd seen.
Those characters (whatever their names are) might as well be wearing sandwich boards that say: WE'RE THE NEXT PEOPLE THE SHOW WILL KILL OFF!!

I know nothing about the comics. Haven't read them, and from what I understand, the show diverges from them pretty dramatically. Michonne has annoyed me the entire time she's been around. I like the katana-wielding badass chick thing, but mostly all the show's had her do is scowl. I don't blame Rick for wanting rid of her. She won't tell the crew a bloody thing until it's in their faces. As for Tyrese...Rick's losing his mind, that's all. Tyrese has "longtime cast member" written all over him.

Andrea's dumber than a sack of doorknobs.

ProstheticConscience is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 03:31 AM
  #55
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,681
vCash: 500
Disappointed with the episode. Rick man gotta start trusting people. CHILL.

KISSland is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:17 AM
  #56
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 10,751
vCash: 50
Trusting people and chilling out and two words that don't exist in the zombie apocalypse.

Graveland is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 06:26 AM
  #57
Izzy
Moderator
#SloveniaForGold2018
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,932
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Those characters (whatever their names are) might as well be wearing sandwich boards that say: WE'RE THE NEXT PEOPLE THE SHOW WILL KILL OFF!!

I know nothing about the comics. Haven't read them, and from what I understand, the show diverges from them pretty dramatically. Michonne has annoyed me the entire time she's been around. I like the katana-wielding badass chick thing, but mostly all the show's had her do is scowl. I don't blame Rick for wanting rid of her. She won't tell the crew a bloody thing until it's in their faces. As for Tyrese...Rick's losing his mind, that's all. Tyrese has "longtime cast member" written all over him.

Andrea's dumber than a sack of doorknobs.
Importantish characters in the comics, Ben has a very interesting storyline.

Izzy is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 06:28 AM
  #58
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Come At Me, Bro!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 50
I just started watching this show this weekend.
Watched the marathon season 2 run, then season 3, and finally the new episode.
Gonna have to go back and watch season 1.

Question, though...

Do a lot of spoilers from the comic book get posted in here?
I've never seen it, and had no clue that certain people are destined to join the group -- because they were integral in the comic.
While I'd like to read the thread and get everyone's take on what happened, is happening, or could happen, I don't want any spoilers.
Spoilers kinda...well...spoil it.

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 07:38 AM
  #59
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 643
Question - Why would Merle even want to join the group? Why wasnt he convincing Darryl to leave so they could go on their own? (or is this assumed but not shown). This is the first time Merle has seen Rick since he chained him up, yet walks right by him during the 'escape'. You know a real Merle would not have done this.
The only ones left from that original group are Carl and Glen. He knows the group has Rick - chained him up, and Michonne - tried to kill him. And he just beat up Glenn.

Oh, forgot to mention Carol... doubt she's the deal breaker, though.

jw2 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:01 AM
  #60
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,277
vCash: 500
Rough episode, IMO. Felt like a filler episode from season 3 (so adequate but not great). They're falling into their problem from season 2 where they manage to eat up 60 minutes where everything that happened in the episode could've happened in 30 minutes with more competent writing. I'm sure it'll get back on track but for a midseason premiere, not great.

BonMorrison is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:02 AM
  #61
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Come At Me, Bro!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 50
Have they ever said how many seasons they plan to make?

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:08 AM
  #62
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Aside from the awful opening sequence the show was decent. Glen curb stop was pretty good. So did they just abandon Michonne on the road. lol.

Rick is still going crazy, I have to say Lori up there in the shadows was pretty creepy. Andrea is starting to get on my nerves now. I love how the Governor just walked out the door, shot the guy and walked back in.
No, they pretty clearly took Michonne back to the prison and gave her medical attention, then locked the door.

But yeah, Andrea is incredibly annoying. I wish someone would just kill her already. And the Lori scene was super trippy.

Rob Brown is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:09 AM
  #63
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
Solid episode to return with. LOVED the opening sequence.

Glen with the epic curb stomp as well. He DGAF anymore, he's officially not the little Asian kid from ATL anymore.

Daryl and Merle walking off together creates an interesting dynamic, that's for sure. I'm sure they'll be back though, along with Tyreese's group.

Lori (?) standing in the shadows was creepy as **** though. Looking forward to where that goes with Rick's psyche.


And BTW...did anybody catch the Breaking Bad reference when the Governor was listing all the people that Rick and Co. had killed?
What was the reference?!

Rob Brown is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:10 AM
  #64
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I just started watching this show this weekend.
Watched the marathon season 2 run, then season 3, and finally the new episode.
Gonna have to go back and watch season 1.

Question, though...

Do a lot of spoilers from the comic book get posted in here?
I've never seen it, and had no clue that certain people are destined to join the group -- because they were integral in the comic.
While I'd like to read the thread and get everyone's take on what happened, is happening, or could happen, I don't want any spoilers.
Spoilers kinda...well...spoil it.
Yes and no. The show has characters not in the comic, and leaves out characters from the comic. I've never read it, but it does not go strictly by the comics.

jw2 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:15 AM
  #65
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,727
vCash: 500
Started off great, but tailed off the further along it went. For what was basically a season premier it wasn't a very good attention getter.

I liked that Glenn is full bad ass now. It's about time. Rick going crazy is old news and boring already. Michonne still continues to not speak, thus frustrating the hell out of the entire viewing audience. I don't know, something in that episode just seemed severely lacking.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:47 AM
  #66
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Wait a sec, Lori technically could be alive no?, Imagine if Rick hallucinated lori's death, We did never see her "die" they turned it off the camera.

Would be a stretch lol
then who did Carl shoot? I know it was off-camera, but I really can't see how she could be alive

RJ8812 is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:52 AM
  #67
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,883
vCash: 500
I wonder if Morgan and Duane will return...

also, anyone else find that when Beth kissed Rick, kinda weird?


Last edited by RJ8812: 02-11-2013 at 09:00 AM.
RJ8812 is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:54 AM
  #68
Danglesnipe
52-22-8
 
Danglesnipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,586
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I just started watching this show this weekend.
Watched the marathon season 2 run, then season 3, and finally the new episode.
Gonna have to go back and watch season 1.

Question, though...

Do a lot of spoilers from the comic book get posted in here?
I've never seen it, and had no clue that certain people are destined to join the group -- because they were integral in the comic.
While I'd like to read the thread and get everyone's take on what happened, is happening, or could happen, I don't want any spoilers.
Spoilers kinda...well...spoil it.
I've read some spoilers in here but usually they are hidden and I can't help myself.


Danglesnipe is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:56 AM
  #69
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,092
vCash: 500
There is absolutely no way Lori is alive. Carl shot her (well, we assume), the fat zombie ate her and Rick was the only one hallucinating her on the balcony. Pretty dumb theory, IMO.

If anything, she's a zombie. And that's a stretch. She's obviously not alive.

Rob Brown is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:40 AM
  #70
Freedomov76
Registered User
 
Freedomov76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The O.A.S.I.S.
Country: United States
Posts: 997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Started off great, but tailed off the further along it went. For what was basically a season premier it wasn't a very good attention getter.

I liked that Glenn is full bad ass now. It's about time. Rick going crazy is old news and boring already. Michonne still continues to not speak, thus frustrating the hell out of the entire viewing audience. I don't know, something in that episode just seemed severely lacking.
Well said, you summed up my feelings on this episode perfectly. Rick is quickly working up to Lori on the annoying meter.

Freedomov76 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:53 AM
  #71
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomov76 View Post
Well said, you summed up my feelings on this episode perfectly. Rick is quickly working up to Lori on the annoying meter.
I liked Rick as the nervous/tentative leader. I liked Rick battling with Shane over who should be the #1 guy. I liked the survivalist Rick that gunned down those two guys at the bar in season 2, and I liked the ruthless Rick that chopped down the prisoner and left Mos Def's twin for dead in the yard. This newest version of Rick has been really bad though. If he's gonna go full blown lunatic then they need to establish another lead role on the show as the clear protagonist/hero, cuz he's just not interesting right now.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:02 AM
  #72
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I liked Rick as the nervous/tentative leader. I liked Rick battling with Shane over who should be the #1 guy. I liked the survivalist Rick that gunned down those two guys at the bar in season 2, and I liked the ruthless Rick that chopped down the prisoner and left Mos Def's twin for dead in the yard. This newest version of Rick has been really bad though. If he's gonna go full blown lunatic then they need to establish another lead role on the show as the clear protagonist/hero, cuz he's just not interesting right now.
Rick just broke into a city, rescued prisoners, got into a shootout with the townsman, then broke up their fight-party with another shootout.

jw2 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:12 AM
  #73
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!
 
MrWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Rick just broke into a city, rescued prisoners, got into a shootout with the townsman, then broke up their fight-party with another shootout.
Exactly. The guy hasn't had a chance to really take a breath since the outbreak began. He's been on a slow descent towards a nervous breakdown ever since Shane's death and now the culmination of the emotional and psychological stress he's been under is taking its toll.

People here clamor for character development and progression and then whine about it when it happens as if they know how they'd react in the environment Rick's in. If Rick was still the same character than he was in season's 1&2 that would both be extremely naive and shortsighted and also incredibly hard to believe. Especially after what the group has been through since Rick was a nervous/tentative leader and a survivalist.

So apparently what? Events aren't supposed to shape and change a person? The guy's sudden loss of his wife isn't supposed to have an adverse effect? The threat of Woodbury on his group's safety isn't going to have an effect either? There is only so much pressure one can be burdened with before they snap.

People need to be clear with what they want with this show because it's all over the map.


Last edited by MrWoof: 02-11-2013 at 10:17 AM.
MrWoof is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
  #74
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Exactly. The guy hasn't had a chance to really take a breath since the outbreak began. He's been on a slow descent towards a nervous breakdown ever since Shane's death and now the culmination of the emotional and psychological stress he's been under is taking its toll.

People here clamor for character development and progression and then whine about it when it happens as if they know how they'd react in the environment Rick's in. If Rick was still the same character than he was in season's 1&2 that would both be extremely naive and shortsighted and also incredibly hard to believe. Especially after what the group has been through since Rick was a nervous/tentative leader and a survivalist.

So apparently what? Events aren't supposed to shape and change a person? The guy's sudden loss of his wife isn't supposed to have an adverse effect? The threat of Woodbury on his group's safety isn't going to have an effect either? There is only so much pressure one can be burdened with before they snap.

People need to be clear with what they want with this show because it's all over the map. They want character development and then when it happens they don't want it. Weird.
You got me all wrong here I think. I loved Rick's transformation from cautious humanitarian leader, to the guy that won't let people stay with his group because he trusts no one. I just don't find the crazy thing to be good TV, and it got old very quickly for me. The phone thing was fine, and then to follow up with the explanation of the phone in the next episode closed the book on it, or so I thought.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:25 AM
  #75
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,145
vCash: 500
Great return episode, a fun ride the whole way through.

Rick is really losing it, I guess that explains all the season previews with everyone challenging his authority.

No doubt in my mind that at some point Merle and Daryl rejoin the group.

Excited to see how the situation with The Governor plays out!

silverfish is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.