HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

Old
02-10-2013, 07:04 PM
ottawafan66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
6 out of their last 8 have been gloucester, kemptville, and kanata. Smith falls haven't been a top team either so canadians have had a really easy schedule in the last couple of weeks. We'll see if they can keep it going when the level of competition raises as they have a tougher schedule in the last games.
Pretty convenient of you to omit the 3 wins that started this streak....Ottawa, SF and Nepean. I agree that they have a tough schedule with 3 games against Cornwall as well as Brockville and Pembroke.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:30 PM
CanadiansGuy60

Quote:
6 out of their last 8 have been gloucester, kemptville, and kanata. Smith falls haven't been a top team either so canadians have had a really easy schedule in the last couple of weeks. We'll see if they can keep it going when the level of competition raises as they have a tougher schedule in the last games.
Sorry but your comment rings a little hollow. As has been pointed out, the 3 wins tostart the streak where against top ranked teams and you also forgot they beat a solid PLK team as well. Yes they had a few teams lower in the standings, but you still have to show up and play the games. The rest of the teams in the league have played essentially the same schedule and only the Jr. Sens have had a similar run (I believe) Brockville has also been very solid and Corwall and the Hawks will be a great challange this coming week.

Give kudo's when they are deserved by what ever team deserves them. The Bears were the Flavour of the month to start the season and they realized today that you can't play 10 guys (for the most part) and beat CP rolling 4 lines and 6 D! Clarke et all have the team playing well, but what should scare folks the most is this is a "TEAM" You can hear players holding each other accountable from the stands, which I can honestly say you couldn't say about them last year.

The boys are all in it would seem and the train is a rolling. I'm sure there will be challanges down the stretch, but these kids have it in them to overcome it this year IMO.

No one is commenting on CP's Defence anymore or their goaltending, which is 1 & 2 in the league.

Great hockey at the right time of the year.

Go Canadians Go

CanadiansGuy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:36 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Have too play against each team 6 times except for teams you play against in the 2 showcases . So whats your point ?

overtheboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:38 PM
CanadiansGuy60

......And what a game we were treated to today at the CP rink. Both teams flying, great goaltending, tonnes of scoring chances and HUGE hits from both squads.

For 12 bucks you can't get better hockey and entertainment to watch. To boot they had a shootout into a dryer competition today that held the attention of almost all the fans. Season ticket holder won a dryer when Christian Wiedauer shot one in an actual dryer from about 25ft.

Add to the fact 500+ attended the game (SF brought lots as well) it was a great game to attend. I would love them to be a first round matchup for us, not because I think it would be a easy route for us, on the contrary, but the atmosphere in the building would be nuts. Both rinks would likely get 7-800+ fans a game!

Congrats to both teams for giving it their all and having both CP and SF's fans walk away very entertained!

Go Canadians Go!

Old
02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
newfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiansGuy60 View Post
......And what a game we were treated to today at the CP rink. Both teams flying, great goaltending, tonnes of scoring chances and HUGE hits from both squads.

For 12 bucks you can't get better hockey and entertainment to watch. To boot they had a shootout into a dryer competition today that held the attention of almost all the fans. Season ticket holder won a dryer when Christian Wiedauer shot one in an actual dryer from about 25ft.

Add to the fact 500+ attended the game (SF brought lots as well) it was a great game to attend. I would love them to be a first round matchup for us, not because I think it would be a easy route for us, on the contrary, but the atmosphere in the building would be nuts. Both rinks would likely get 7-800+ fans a game!

Congrats to both teams for giving it their all and having both CP and SF's fans walk away very entertained!

Go Canadians Go!
I see Laforest got another shutout and first star to boot....great weekend for the young lad!

newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:51 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
I actually agree it was a good check, the high elbow was on the follow through and he went off his feet after the hit, but knowing the calibre of reffing in the league I would have expected one of those two calls, probably should hae explained further...seen far worse calls.
Good cover up , why didnt you put that in your 1st post ?

overtheboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I see Laforest got another shutout and first star to boot....great weekend for the young lad!
Pretty impressive for his age, I cant remember the last young goalie to do well in the league? Altshuller...

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Macker9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Pretty impressive for his age, I cant remember the last young goalie to do well in the league? Altshuller...
Rivers with 112 saves in the last 3 games. Not bad either. Maybe some of these coaches should give the younger guys more chances to prove they can play.

Macker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:16 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Sorry but your comment rings a little hollow. As has been pointed out, the 3 wins tostart the streak where against top ranked teams and you also forgot they beat a solid PLK team as well. Yes they had a few teams lower in the standings, but you still have to show up and play the games. The rest of the teams in the league have played essentially the same schedule and only the Jr. Sens have had a similar run (I believe) Brockville has also been very solid and Corwall and the Hawks will be a great challange this coming week.

Give kudo's when they are deserved by what ever team deserves them. The Bears were the Flavour of the month to start the season and they realized today that you can't play 10 guys (for the most part) and beat CP rolling 4 lines and 6 D! Clarke et all have the team playing well, but what should scare folks the most is this is a "TEAM" You can hear players holding each other accountable from the stands, which I can honestly say you couldn't say about them last year.

The boys are all in it would seem and the train is a rolling. I'm sure there will be challanges down the stretch, but these kids have it in them to overcome it this year IMO.

No one is commenting on CP's Defence anymore or their goaltending, which is 1 & 2 in the league.

Great hockey at the right time of the year.

Go Canadians Go
Wow...take it is easy big dog.
I've seen CPC 3 or 4 times this year. They are looking great, last week, I picked them to finish first. Good for them and all that, but if you think you have number 1 or 2 goaltending in the league, you've drank to much of the cool-aid. In the games I've seen, when CPC has a bad period and the goalies are tested, they have been very beatable, the last Nepean game was a perfect example, but I noticed it all year. Please don't point to GAA, everyone knows if you are on a dominate team with great defense, your GAA will be low. Chris Osgood and the Detroit Red wings come to mind.
Save percentage is normally the best goalie Stat, and probably still is in this league, although with biased volunteers the stats are less dependable, but over the course of the year, it probably evens out. Add to save percentage, your observations and your goalies play-off record and you can make a case for the best goalie. I don't see the top goaltending in CPC.
But I do love the team right now, even a Nepean fan can see the unselfish, disciplined play.

CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
I've seen CPC 3 or 4 times this year. They are looking great, last week, I picked them to finish first. Good for them and all that, but if you think you have number 1 or 2 goaltending in the league, you've drank to much of the cool-aid. In the games I've seen, when CPC has a bad period and the goalies are tested, they have been very beatable, the last Nepean game was a perfect example, but I noticed it all year. Please don't point to GAA, everyone knows if you are on a dominate team with great defense, your GAA will be low. Chris Osgood and the Detroit Red wings come to mind.
Save percentage is normally the best goalie Stat, and probably still is in this league, although with biased volunteers the stats are less dependable, but over the course of the year, it probably evens out. Add to save percentage, your observations and your goalies play-off record and you can make a case for the best goalie. I don't see the top goaltending in CPC.
But I do love the team right now, even a Nepean fan can see the unselfish, disciplined play.
I think CP has two good goalies but do agree that they are not the best goalies in the league. Guerriero in my opinion

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:52 AM
wrister82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
I think CP has two good goalies but do agree that they are not the best goalies in the league. Guerriero in my opinion
The question is can these 2 CP goalies get them out of the league. It should be some great hockey in playoffs!

wrister82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Bockwinkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister82 View Post
The question is can these 2 CP goalies get them out of the league. It should be some great hockey in playoffs!
IMO, a factor that is often overlooked but goes a long way into winning a championship is health.

Agreed, this should be the most hotly contested CCHL playoffs in years. In past years the league saw one, two or maybe 3 dominant teams with the rest of the playoff competitors being fodder for the stronger teams until the finals. Not sure of the exact numbers but over the last number of years how many first round series went 6 or 7 games ?? I can't recall too many. I think a first round Nepean and Brockville series went 7 games a few years ago. There could be a few first round matchups that go 6 or 7 this season which makes it exciting for the fans.

Bockwinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
He probably just means that they are 1 and 2 in GAA. I doubt you'll find anyone that thinks they are the best 2 goalies in the league (I also think it's Guerriero). However, they are definitely keeping the puck out of the net more this year than in year's past.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:38 PM
CanadiansGuy60

Quote:
Big Dog?? I am not sure that I have portrayed myself as a BIG DOG since I joined this forum, but I can say that I have not meant to come across that way. I am a fan of the Carleton Place Canadians, of which I make no quams, and proud of it and I am equally proud of the team, players, coaches, volunteers ect.

As you have stated, I was strictly refering to the Pointstreak sight GAA. That was it, that was all. They are 1 & 2. Not making any bold statements, just was stating the facts as I saw them. No, Cool-aid or as it is actually spelled Kool-aid, but plain and simple facts. I never said that individually they are the best goalies in the league ( you assumed that i guess? and you know what they say when you assume something!). Although both kids are very good, I think there are guys in the league that individually are a step above. Say Guerrerio in Hawks or Lane in Kanata. But with that being said neither of them are good enough on their own to keep their respective teams at the top of the league, as both teams are fighting for their playoff lives.

Their GAA is a result of total team play and I have no doubt if you asked both kids, they would say that their success so far this year is in no small part to the players in front of them and the system that they play. I think your statement that they are "Very Beatable" is disrespectful to 2 very very good goaltenders who back stop a very good team. I could equally say that your goalie is the same (in Zawadski) as he has fallen on hard times as of late and has seemingly been supplanted by Mulder for the #1 spot, but I won't stoop to such a level. Both your goalies are very good as well and I send them kudo's for the season and IN Zawadski's case Seasons he has had.

Your bringing up Osgoode, simply shows you yourself have drank to much of the "kool-aid" that Raider Nation has been feeding it's few, but over voiced fans for too long. i am sure Mr. Osgood and the rest of the RedWings would not trade in the Stanley Cup Rings they won or Millions of Dollars they made during his tenure in the pipes for anything. The fact he played in the NHL at all tells me he was of the best 30 or 40 goalies in the world at the time he played and so< unless you are one of the other 39 or so, i doubt you are qualified to speak on the subject.

Regardless, I will stick with my statement, with an addon, so as to not effect your sensitive Nepean ego. We currently have the #1 and # 2 goalies based on GAA and I am happy we have them and not any of the other very good goalies in the league.

I should have known better than to bring up the fact that CP has the best of anything without one of the Raider faithful throwing a hissy fit. My apologies to all those Raiders fans who chose not to jump all over this Candadians fan. I wish all your players the best in their hockey future and I look forward to watching all these kids CP and others in the Playoffs!

Regards,

Big Dog

Old
02-11-2013, 04:46 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Big Dog?? I am not sure that I have portrayed myself as a BIG DOG since I joined this forum, but I can say that I have not meant to come across that way. I am a fan of the Carleton Place Canadians, of which I make no quams, and proud of it and I am equally proud of the team, players, coaches, volunteers ect.

As you have stated, I was strictly refering to the Pointstreak sight GAA. That was it, that was all. They are 1 & 2. Not making any bold statements, just was stating the facts as I saw them. No, Cool-aid or as it is actually spelled Kool-aid, but plain and simple facts. I never said that individually they are the best goalies in the league ( you assumed that i guess? and you know what they say when you assume something!). Although both kids are very good, I think there are guys in the league that individually are a step above. Say Guerrerio in Hawks or Lane in Kanata. But with that being said neither of them are good enough on their own to keep their respective teams at the top of the league, as both teams are fighting for their playoff lives.

Their GAA is a result of total team play and I have no doubt if you asked both kids, they would say that their success so far this year is in no small part to the players in front of them and the system that they play. I think your statement that they are "Very Beatable" is disrespectful to 2 very very good goaltenders who back stop a very good team. I could equally say that your goalie is the same (in Zawadski) as he has fallen on hard times as of late and has seemingly been supplanted by Mulder for the #1 spot, but I won't stoop to such a level. Both your goalies are very good as well and I send them kudo's for the season and IN Zawadski's case Seasons he has had.

Your bringing up Osgoode, simply shows you yourself have drank to much of the "kool-aid" that Raider Nation has been feeding it's few, but over voiced fans for too long. i am sure Mr. Osgood and the rest of the RedWings would not trade in the Stanley Cup Rings they won or Millions of Dollars they made during his tenure in the pipes for anything. The fact he played in the NHL at all tells me he was of the best 30 or 40 goalies in the world at the time he played and so< unless you are one of the other 39 or so, i doubt you are qualified to speak on the subject.

Regardless, I will stick with my statement, with an addon, so as to not effect your sensitive Nepean ego. We currently have the #1 and # 2 goalies based on GAA and I am happy we have them and not any of the other very good goalies in the league.

I should have known better than to bring up the fact that CP has the best of anything without one of the Raider faithful throwing a hissy fit. My apologies to all those Raiders fans who chose not to jump all over this Candadians fan. I wish all your players the best in their hockey future and I look forward to watching all these kids CP and others in the Playoffs!

Regards,

Big Dog
Now, that is a hissy fit

Old
02-11-2013, 05:46 PM
CanadiansGuy60

Quote:
Now, that is a hissy fit
No, just a very well thought out, honest comment in response to a very narrow and disrespectful one. You might try just being well thought out and honest in your posts from time to time, it's very refreshing.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
No, just a very well thought out, honest comment in response to a very narrow and disrespectful one. You might try just being well thought out and honest in your posts from time to time, it's very refreshing.
CanadiansGuy also said:
"I could equally say that your goalie is the same (in Zawadski) as he has fallen on hard times as of late and has seemingly been supplanted by Mulder for the #1 spot, but I won't stoop to such a level. Both your goalies are very good as well and I send them kudo's for the season and IN Zawadski's case Seasons he has had".

I think you just did stoop to such a level.

But I suppose it was honest and refreshing.

Hope we meet CP soon and in the playoffs. Should be fun.

Last edited by Grabbers: 02-11-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Grabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:27 PM
CanadiansGuy60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
CanadiansGuy also said:
"I could equally say that your goalie is the same (in Zawadski) as he has fallen on hard times as of late and has seemingly been supplanted by Mulder for the #1 spot, but I won't stoop to such a level. Both your goalies are very good as well and I send them kudo's for the season and IN Zawadski's case Seasons he has had".

I think you just did stoop to such a level.

But I suppose it was honest and refreshing.

Hope we meet CP soon and in the playoffs. Should be fun.
I think I got my point across

The playoffs, like the regular season should be great in the first round. No gimmies at all. Can't wait!

Old
02-12-2013, 06:33 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Now, that is funny
Your opinions are well thought out, honest and thoughtful. My opinion is narrow and disrespectful. The Judge and Jury has spoken. What color is the sky in your world?
I will send you a private post, I will spare the board, I'm sure they have better things to talk about.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:49 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Now, that is funny
Your opinions are well thought out, honest and thoughtful. My opinion is narrow and disrespectful. The Judge and Jury has spoken. What color is the sky in your world?
I will send you a private post, I will spare the board, I'm sure they have better things to talk about.
If you really wanted to spare us, you wouldn't have made this useless post.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:09 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
If you really wanted to spare us, you wouldn't have made this useless post.
You keep doing the things you accuse other people of doing.
If my post was useless...what is yours?

You critize Zawadski by name, then say you won't stoop to that level?
I've never critized a player by name in almost 100 posts.

You admit you said CPC has the # 1, #2 goalie, but you meant to say they had the #1 & 2 GAA. Then that is what you should have said, don't blame me for your mistake.

It goes on & on.

Last edited by CoasttoCoast: 02-12-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: almost 100 posts
Old
02-12-2013, 07:29 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
You keep doing the things you accuse other people of doing.
If my post was useless...what is yours?

You critize Zawadski by name, then say you won't stoop to that level?
I've never critized a player by name in almost 100 posts.

You admit you said CPC has the # 1, #2 goalie, but you meant to say they had the #1 & 2 GAA. Then that is what you should have said, don't blame me for your mistake.

It goes on & on.
Who are you talking to? Are you awake yet?

You seem to forget that you started all this by claiming that CP's goalies were "easily beatable". That's hardly a fact (especially in light of back to back shutouts). Canadiansguy60 stated that Zawadski has been struggling, which you can't argue against. And his quote of "1 & 2 in the league" is a fact. You'd have to be clueless to actually think he meant the 2 best goalies in the league. He hasn't been disrespectful at all, where you were from the start and continue to be.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:45 AM
ORRT

As season comes to a close, there has been a few comments over coffee. One that comes up is the Kanata Stallions on selling block seriously this summer? Is Russo willing to sell it at market price? (And what that be). And with SK's run in the Sault, will he let that one go ( big $ I'd imagine). Gill keep his team? Rangers ?

ORRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:20 AM
hockieguy

I have a question. Why is i that every time someone gives an opinion about a player, he is automatically deemed as bashing them? I just think its an opinion that needs to be respected. I have been accused of bashing kids several times by certain people on this form, and these are always the same people pointing the finger at everyone that doesn't care for a particular players performance on the ice.

There is nothing wrong with saying you don't care for a player because it has nothing to do with a player away from the rink. As far as I am concerned, every player away from the rink is a good kid. But, even nice kids aren't always liked for their playing style.

Someone saying that they don't like player A, is no different than saying that you don't like a Ford. It has nothing to do with anything other than their performance on the ice.

hockieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Ottawa Guy

At this point I am not sure there is not another goalie in the CCHL I would rather have in my net in a big game other than Zawadski, he proved himself last year and again over XMAS at the All-star challenge, he has struggled a little lately but playoffs are still a month away. Last year it was suggested that Nepean overplayed him, it is quite possible PG has pulled back his minutes for a while on purpose to make sure he is rested come playoffs. Plus with Mulder playing well it has been easy to do, it also prepares Mulder for a possible starting roile next season.

When it comes to overall team defense I would give CP the edge right now, they have been playing the trap and are tough to beat.

The playoffs should be really good with no clear cut favourite, no one is talking about Ottawa right now but I still see them as one of the favourites, lots of team speed and an experienced defense core. They have been suffering with injuries and illness lately but should be healthy in time for the play-offs.

Last edited by Ottawa Guy: 02-12-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote