HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jeff Carter

Old
02-11-2013, 07:36 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Not defending Carter, but if you sign your life to a team, is assured, face-to-face, by the GM that you're staying for your entire career in this city with your best friend, only to be dealt away months later to one of the last ranked teams, you'd be a little pissed off to. It doesn't help that you're injured as well. However, even with all your anger and ailments, you still score at a 30 goal pace on that low ranked team.... Cancer is a little strong of a term in this case.

Anyways, as stated, the Kings would have no interest in dealing Carter. He always seems to know where to be to put the puck in the net. He is quite possibly the only player on the team with that ability, as we've had trouble these past few seasons scoring. If we were to trade Carter, we'd be looking to get Carter in return. We'd need another goal scoring sniper. Just isn't going to happen.
Completely agree and let's not forget that Nash wanted out as well

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:20 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Completely agree and let's not forget that Nash wanted out as well
Nash wanted out after 9 years, not 9 seconds. Big difference.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:34 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Nash wanted out after 9 years, not 9 seconds. Big difference.
Yes there is but how would you feel if your signed there for the next 11 yrs and the captain wants out too. Carter was what 26 at the time, like most teams he wanted a shot at the cup and cbj won't be contenders for at least 4 yrs IMO. By the. He'll be in his decline and may not have much left in the tank. I don't blame him for wanting out. If he were 21 it would be a different story

Old
02-11-2013, 08:35 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
That logic won't work here. He's a cancer, end of story!
Over exaggerate much?

The Philly press says he was dealt to change the culture in the lockerroom.

The NY press says he pouts, when in an unhappy situation.

No one in the press or I think even in this thread, called Carter a cancer.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:11 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Over exaggerate much?

The NY press says he pouts, when in an unhappy situation.

No one in the press or I think even in this thread, called Carter a cancer.
Yes they did

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
This.

Carter would be a cancer for any team that he didn't feel like playing on. So unless the Sens are getting Richards and Carter (which will never happen) / thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
I don't see why the Kings trade Carter when goal scoring was and is a huge problem for them. Honestly, without Carter they don't make the playoffs last year.

And yeah, if Richards doesn't come with Carter becomes a locker room cancer.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:19 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Yes there is but how would you feel if your signed there for the next 11 yrs and the captain wants out too. Carter was what 26 at the time, like most teams he wanted a shot at the cup and cbj won't be contenders for at least 4 yrs IMO. By the. He'll be in his decline and may not have much left in the tank. I don't blame him for wanting out. If he were 21 it would be a different story
I'd be as pissed as he was, but I find it hard to believe I'd sign a deal that would allow me to be traded to a team I'd hate to play for, for the next 11 years of my life.

Look I acknowledge he got screwed over, but its in his contract. He should know exactly what could happen, or get better representation.

Just dont see why Carter is so special. Dubinsky, Anisimov were traded from a better team. Could easily argue now, that Jack Johnson was traded from a better team as well. They have been nothing but professional if not moreso since their arrival.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:44 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
I'd be as pissed as he was, but I find it hard to believe I'd sign a deal that would allow me to be traded to a team I'd hate to play for, for the next 11 years of my life.

Look I acknowledge he got screwed over, but its in his contract. He should know exactly what could happen, or get better representation.

Just dont see why Carter is so special. Dubinsky, Anisimov were traded from a better team. Could easily argue now, that Jack Johnson was traded from a better team as well. They have been nothing but professional if not moreso since their arrival.
Not much he could do. He got a NMC the first year allowed by the CBA. I guess he could've said let me sign a one yr contract and then the long extension so he'd have the guarantee but hind sight is 20/20. No player would think the team re-signing him to an 11 yr contract would turn around a trade him before he even play a game on that contract.

And yes he could've handled it better but those players listed are in completely different contract situation plus they're all younger.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Mouse21*

RoR?

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Just dont see why Carter is so special.
Because Stanley Cup and "LOL colombus sucks". Those are literally the only reasons.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:24 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
Carter would need His Girlfriend Richie to go with Him and hold His hand.
Seem really upset LA used the two of them as pieces to win a Cup when Philly failed to even come close. Poor management? Poor team? Maybe they werent the problem.

As for the OP, I wouldnt dispute the value but I would suggest a 1st Round Pick mixed in with the right pieces would be asked for. Dean has no problem paying a premium (Richards deal) but he also demands a premium (Bernier). So while we may make the deal, DL I think would be looking for some alterations.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:51 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Not much he could do. He got a NMC the first year allowed by the CBA. I guess he could've said let me sign a one yr contract and then the long extension so he'd have the guarantee but hind sight is 20/20. No player would think the team re-signing him to an 11 yr contract would turn around a trade him before he even play a game on that contract.

And yes he could've handled it better but those players listed are in completely different contract situation plus they're all younger.
If the player can't think, maybe the agent should try. If security in Philly was the biggest priority, he should have signed an extension when he could secure himself in Philadelphia. Fact is he wanted the money and security at a younger age, took a gamble on not being traded before it kicked in. He lost. According to the CBA what the Philadelphia Flyers did, was completely justified. Nobody expects to be traded, but it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Because Stanley Cup and "LOL colombus sucks". Those are literally the only reasons.
I forgot Dustin Penner is more valuable than Rick Nash. Colombus is an upgrade from Colombos. Baby steps for Kanada.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

That was a part and the other reason he and Richards were dealt were to free up salary for Bryz and Jagr

Jeff "Stanley Cup Game Winning Goal" Carter isn't going anywhere. He's been one of the Kings best players this season

Last edited by Gentle Ben Kenobi: 02-11-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Seem really upset LA used the two of them as pieces to win a Cup when Philly failed to even come close. Poor management? Poor team? Maybe they werent the problem.

As for the OP, I wouldnt dispute the value but I would suggest a 1st Round Pick mixed in with the right pieces would be asked for. Dean has no problem paying a premium (Richards deal) but he also demands a premium (Bernier). So while we may make the deal, DL I think would be looking for some alterations.
I guess making the stanley cup finals isn't close?

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Kings don't score enough goals as it is. Can't afford to trade out only true sniper

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:03 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Carter is going to be a tough trade.

Vaule suffers because of the length remaining on his contract (10 years total, 9 after this season)

Not to mention declining production and a history of whining (justified or not)

Don't think the kings would pass on a decent offer, but they may not be actively pursuing a deal either.

This is one of those instances where the team DOES NOT look to move him giving off the impression they are happy with the current situation.

I highly doubt the Kings are happy with the current level of play from Carter

However, I'm sure they are saying that about alot of guys right now, and Carter isn't at the top of that list either.

Value of Carter today is not great, but it wouldn't be smart to move him now anyway.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote