HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade?

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 09:49 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
Whats silly is you expecting more for a player not playing for your team and is trying to strike it rich.

The Aves would be lucky getting Gagner the way he is playing right now.
from what i see, Avs fans want to keep O'Reilly and wish this whole debacle would end already.

it's not about striking rich; it's about getting fair value for one hell of a player if he feels like his time in Colorado is done - which there is no proof of.

and i doubt Avs fans give a **** about how Gagner is doing. yay for him, i guess. O'Reilly is still a core player for the Avs.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
If O'Reilly gets traded we're going to be told just how bad the trade was whether we get the value we want or not, so I don't really care what other teams have to say on the matter.

He's a special player that shouldn't be traded, our management screwing this up will be rather unforgivable to some, similar to how many still are bitter over the Drury trade.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:51 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Teatowel View Post
You're really not getting it, are you? I was pointing out the irony of a Leafs fan thanking any other fan for their team providing laughs.
he's an Oilers fan, be nice. times have taken a beating on his poor mind .

Old
02-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Oiled up*

Quote:
What's silly is the constant back and forth between increasingly offended posters over fantasy-land trade proposals that will never actually happen in real life.

You're really not getting it, are you? I was pointing out the irony of a Leafs fan thanking any other fan for their team providing laughs.
I fully understand and it's pretty obvious to see. Whats more hilarious are these over the top fantasy trades for O'Reilly.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:58 AM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Who said he doesn't want to play for the Avs? He just doesn't want to sign an insulting contract that's way below his worth. I'm sure if they'd offered him a standard, solid contract for a player of his ability (around $4.5 mil per year for 5 years) then he'd be happily signed before the start of the season.
Nah he's just being greedy. He has had 1 (one, uno, 1) really good season and it's not like he scored 100 points while playing selke defense. He was really good last season for sure. But if Subban (huge ego) can sign a bridge contract why can't RoR do the same? Subban is also more proven than RoR. Who knows maybe RoR has reached his offensive ceiling or maybe he overachieved, maybe he will be a 70+ point player who knows.

The fact of the matter is he has had 1 very good season and he instantly expects the $ to rain down on him... . He's just being a ********* to be frank, holding out for more money when he just got of his ELC. Even Subban who thinks he's Pietrangelo, Karlsson and Weber all put into one player did have the brain to realize a bridge contract ain't that bad. And if you continue to play on the same level or even better you will eventually get your big payday. After all these guys are young, it's not like they got 2 years left in this league.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

O'reilly situation is similar to Turris he really has no levarage Avs hold his rights, they are not going to give him away or be in a panic to move him . It will end up being a sign and trade at very least , or most likely he will come to his senses sign and become a good soldier. With the Avs history of many stars in their organization over the years I cannot see them letting O'reilly dictating his situation.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:59 AM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
What i find extremely funny is that everybody on this board ripping on Subban at first for not taking the bridge contract, because he wanted more. But it's ok for O'reily to do the exact same thing, but not be attacked for doing so. This board has personal vendettas for some people, its quite sickening to be honest.
Well I just ''attacked'' O'Reilly and made Subban look like a caring human being, give me the Nobel prize now!

Old
02-11-2013, 10:04 AM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyOrDie View Post
"Most people around O’Reilly expect the Avs to trade him now. I’ll tell you this: when/if O’Reilly plays for another team, expect a good healthy rivalry between him and Matt Duchene every time they play. Plenty of people around O’Reilly are blaming Duchene for taking “short money” on a two-year deal, which effectively set the bar for O’Reilly, one the Avs won’t go over."

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...ign-him/12503/
that just sounds retarded tbh. Duchene took a fair deal and didn't try to skin his current team. What's so bad with that? Well Avs are and always have been Duchene's favourite club I guess it ain't the same for RoR seeing how he's canadian and how he's acting. Just take the bridge or request a trade, stop dicking around with the team RoR.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:06 AM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Note to Duchene: you should have been more selfish and demanded a contract you are not worth.

Seriously though, if that's true, that is pathetic
Agreed. And if it's true I dunno if I'd want RoR back on the team. Sounds like he's got a wayyyyyy to big ego. Might as well trade him if he's gonna be like that. What will he ask for when he's a UFA? 7+ million?

Old
02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
It would probably be Yakuov + 2013 1st for ROR.
lol get out of here.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
12345*

hes probably looking for 5 x 5 mil. No one is going to give him that money for 1 50+ point season.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
first off, the Yakupov + 1st was a counter to the silly Gagner + 2nd proposal.

secondly, there's no viable source that states that O'Reilly has demanded a trade.

and finally, O'Reilly is worth much more than someone of Gagner's value. he's a piece of the Avs core.
You suggesting that the Gagner + 2nd proposal is "silly" is exactly the point. A signed Ryan O'Reilly is worth more than Sam Gagner certainly. However Ryan O'Reilly is in the midst of a contract dispute and holdout while Gagner is scoring at north of a PPG clip. Throw in a second that could end up being more like a late 1st and it's far from silly.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:13 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
lol get out of here.
Avs fans are starting to confuse ROR with Jesus

Old
02-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
hes probably looking for 5 x 5 mil. No one is going to give him that money for 1 50+ point season.
I'm surprised no one has via offer sheet yet. Look at what players are getting in unrestricted free agency aka the deal Zajac signed. We can debate who we'd rather have for the next 6 years between Zajac and Ryan O'Reilly but it's at least close. I know RoR is a RFA at the moment and the Avs want to give him a bridge contract but surely there's a GM that would think to **** with the bridge for a player with that upside. Paying for potential and a risk but a calculated and reasonable one at that.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:18 AM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
I'm surprised no one has via offer sheet yet. Look at what players are getting in unrestricted free agency aka the deal Zajac signed. We can debate who we'd rather have for the next 6 years between Zajac and Ryan O'Reilly but it's at least close. I know RoR is a RFA at the moment and the Avs want to give him a bridge contract but surely there's a GM that would think to **** with the bridge for a player with that upside. Paying for potential and a risk but a calculated and reasonable one at that.
No one is going to take that contractual risk given he has only had one good season AND give up multiple high end picks in a very deep draft.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:25 AM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
And there isn't any team that would take O'Reilly over Zajac. Zajac is bigger, higher draft pedigree, has a better track record, scoring 50-70 points. O'Reilly has 2 x 26 point seasons and a 55 point season. There is not enough information to make an accurate assessment as to whether he is going to be a consistent 55 point player.

And clearly, based on the hold out, I think O'Reilly doesn't believe he can do it again either. Thus, he wants to secure his financial life using the 55 point season. If put up another 30 point prorated season, he would be pegged as a 3/4th PK/shutdown guy and would not earn more than 1.5-2 mil. At 55 points, he is likely to get 4.5-5 mil.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Avs fans are starting to confuse ROR with Jesus
No, I like O'Reilly.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:33 AM
marty111

Quote:
What's silly is the constant back and forth between increasingly offended posters over fantasy-land trade proposals that will never actually happen in real life.

Being a Leaf fan doesn't mean your opinion is worth any less then anyone elses. Especially when the guy is right and a whole bunch of other fans around here are acting like 12 year olds.

It's getting sad...

Old
02-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
from what i see, Avs fans want to keep O'Reilly and wish this whole debacle would end already.

it's not about striking rich; it's about getting fair value for one hell of a player if he feels like his time in Colorado is done - which there is no proof of.

and i doubt Avs fans give a **** about how Gagner is doing. yay for him, i guess. O'Reilly is still a core player for the Avs.
Is he worth what he is wanting for 1 50 point season? if he really wanted to be on the team you think he would be holding out this much? Look at Subban, he bit the bullet and signed a reasonable deal because his fans love him and he want's to be there.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

A bag of pucks would be doing more for the Avalanche at the moment.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Being a Leaf fan doesn't mean your opinion is worth any less then anyone elses. Especially when the guy is right and a whole bunch of other fans around here are acting like 12 year olds.

It's getting sad...
It's really sad tbh...

Old
02-11-2013, 10:53 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Would offer Wiercioch, our 1st and our 3rd for a signed ROR.
How do you get him to sign? Avs would keep him if he's signed.

I could see the Sens make a pitch for him, they would make him play on either the 1st or 2nd line for now. If we get to the playoffs, 3 very good centres is ok with me and they could play Turris on the wing. During the summer, they would have the option of trading one of their 3 centres if needed or if some teams is ready to overpay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyDice View Post
Would chuckle then hang up and block the phone number.
So what do you have in mind for ROR? 3 1st? A top centre ++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon13 View Post
It's probably overpayment for just the signing rights of a center. I know he is an RFA but the value shouldnt be worth a ton. I mean top free agent signing rights were traded for merely a second rounder. I know O'reilly is a great center but his rights DO NOT return a average second liner and a second pick even if it is RFA.

To end all of these problems, how come the avs doesnt go to salary arbitration or is that only allowed in the off season?
I disagree with this, Turris was an under performing unsigned RFA and PHO received a top prospect and a 2nd. I would think ROR should get more.

When all the NHL teams know that a top UFA will try the UFA market, this decrease the value.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:53 AM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

Quote:

And clearly, based on the hold out, I think O'Reilly doesn't believe he can do it again either. Thus, he wants to secure his financial life using the 55 point season. If put up another 30 point prorated season, he would be pegged as a 3/4th PK/shutdown guy and would not earn more than 1.5-2 mil. At 55 points, he is likely to get 4.5-5 mil.
I'm not sure he does not believe it, but I agree in principle to this. He does have a good chunk of money at risk if he ends up being a 40pt, PK, 2-3C.

That being said, it is the same reason the Avs are being wise letting him sit for now and not over paying him with a short term deal.

It may play out better for the Avs if he loses this year of service (a shortened year at that). It could make it easier for the Avs to offer a long term deal (5+yrs at 4-4.5/yr) this summer because the club wont lose 1 yr of service for a period of 20 or so games.

This is my gut feeling of where this ends up.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:57 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
No one is going to take that contractual risk given he has only had one good season AND give up multiple high end picks in a very deep draft.
Sens traded for Turris which had a worst career than O'Reilly at that time.

Please tell us how far down do you considered picks to be high end? Top 90?

I've also heard that this year's draft is very top heavy but the skills goes down rapidly after top 15.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:01 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
I'm not sure he does not believe it, but I agree in principle to this. He does have a good chunk of money at risk if he ends up being a 40pt, PK, 2-3C.

That being said, it is the same reason the Avs are being wise letting him sit for now and not over paying him with a short term deal.

It may play out better for the Avs if he loses this year of service (a shortened year at that). It could make it easier for the Avs to offer a long term deal (5+yrs at 4-4.5/yr) this summer because the club wont lose 1 yr of service for a period of 20 or so games.

This is my gut feeling of where this ends up.
If the Avs don't sign him very soon, he won't play for them, he will be too upset.

All players already lost 41.5% of their salary in this shorten season - maybe more with the new CBA. So it's not like he's loosing a lot of money so far.

Closed Thread