HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Madevilz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
That's pricy if you ask me. Eller's value has alwways been there and with the past week or so, it has done nothing but going up.
Low ball offer like Diaz+prospect or Emelin plus prospect could get the talks going. The only problem I have in moving Emelin is that he brings a different set of skills that only Tinordi brings in the depth chart.
Ryan O'Reilly is everything Eller SHOULD be, big defensive center with an offensive touch. TBH, im not quite sure if Eller can actually develop into such a player. Giving Eller + Diaz looks fair to me, but agreed on Emelin, he's a type of player we don't have a lot in our system (unless Dietz and Thrower lives up to their potential), so Id be more hesitant in giving him.

But if we can somehow manage to do DD + Diaz + prospects/picks, id be all over that

Old
02-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Ryan O'Reilly is everything Eller SHOULD be, big defensive center with an offensive touch. TBH, im not quite sure if Eller can actually develop into such a player. Giving Eller + Diaz looks fair to me, but agreed on Emelin, he's a type of player we don't have a lot in our system (unless Dietz and Thrower lives up to their potential), so Id be more hesitant in giving him.

But if we can somehow manage to do DD + Diaz + prospects/picks, id be all over that
Radar isn't big and he doesn't play big as well, he's Patrice Bergeron 2.0. Considering that offer I'm pretty sure Avs would decline it rather easily, IMHO if they were to trade him they would look for a package that would look something like this: Sbisa + Holland. Now the comparable deal from Habs POV would be Gorges + Eller for Radar plus something and I don't see Montreal trading Gorges who's the heart and soul of this team.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
Andrei markov to st.louis for david perron and 1st round pick.
The last thing the Blues need is a PP QB.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:33 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Well put, cause that's what I was thinking. The only difference in my thinking is that we have tones of picks this coming draft so draft picks aren't what I would look for.
Few players mention here that I would love to get on this roaster:

Boyles-Big defensive center who can fight, plays big, team 1st kind of guy.

Matt Kassian-Big strong boy who will, can and win fights good 13th forward

ROR-the best player mention around that wouldn't come cheap, but I bet there's a move to be made

Marco Scandella-Big Defender with mixed skills, not sure what the price could be.

Justin Falk-Big boy, young, with shutdown potential, I would rather have him then Weber for #7-8 on the depth chart
The thing is a draft like this, if it lives up to hype, doesn't come around every year. So my thinking is that if we can't get anything more than spare parts back in these potential trades, our focus should be getting tons of picks so that either we reap a huge amount of good talent at the draft or we flip those picks for the players we were looking for in the first place because other teams will want more picks too.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:28 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
The thing is a draft like this, if it lives up to hype, doesn't come around every year. So my thinking is that if we can't get anything more than spare parts back in these potential trades, our focus should be getting tons of picks so that either we reap a huge amount of good talent at the draft or we flip those picks for the players we were looking for in the first place because other teams will want more picks too.
This is my feeling as well as Eller being Stellar,given the time he will become every bit as good or better than Ryan O'Reilly.Fans really need to take a good long look at Eller's play before talking about trading him for someone that puts up more points.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Being able to ice Pleks - ROR - Eller down the middle would be ridiculous.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
This is my feeling as well as Eller being Stellar,given the time he will become every bit as good or better than Ryan O'Reilly.Fans really need to take a good long look at Eller's play before talking about trading him for someone that puts up more points.

They aren't talking about trading for Radar because he puts up more points, they're talking about him because he's pretty much a superior player to Eller in almost every aspect of the game, they're about the same when it comes to goalscoring, Radar is clearly the better playmaker, he's miles ahead of Eller defensively, he's better at faceoffs, his ability to create takeaways is simply amazing, he's a better PKer, he's better on the PP, he's a leader by example on the ice and so on.

Like it or not Radar is miles ahead of Eller right now and all that while being 2 years younger.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
They aren't talking about trading for Radar because he puts up more points, they're talking about him because he's pretty much a superior player to Eller in almost every aspect of the game, they're about the same when it comes to goalscoring, Radar is clearly the better playmaker, he's miles ahead of Eller defensively, he's better at faceoffs, his ability to create takeaways is simply amazing, he's a better PKer, he's better on the PP, he's a leader by example on the ice and so on.

Like it or not Radar is miles ahead of Eller right now and all that while being 2 years younger.
Colorado must really love having "Radar" as I haven't enjoyed watching his play to any extent and am unable to now I hope you don't mind that my opinion remains unchanged. Until O'Reilly has the opportunity to impress like Eller has thanks.Also does he play center behind Stastny and Duschene that would require the opponents best checkers?

Old
02-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Colorado must really love having "Radar" as I haven't enjoyed watching his play to any extent and am unable to now I hope you don't mind that my opinion remains unchanged. Until O'Reilly has the opportunity to impress like Eller has thanks.Also does he play center behind Stastny and Duschene that would require the opponents best checkers?
I don't you'll find anyone who'd take Eller over Radar. As a fan of both teams who watched pretty much all their games in recent years I can safely say without any bias that Radar is a much better player than Lars, even putting the two of them in the same sentance when talking about value is beyond ridiculous.

And his line was Avs top line last season, they were the line playing against top competition and more often than not they came out on top.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Scotianhab

Eller, Desharnais, Diaz, 2nd rd pick 2013 for O'Reilly & Kent Patterson.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Eller, Desharnais, Diaz, 2nd rd pick 2013 for O'Reilly & Kent Patterson.
That really doesn't adress Avs needs. Sure Diaz wouldn't hurt, but he's pretty unproven and considering DD, Avs want to get bigger and tougher to play against, not the other way around. I also doubt they trade any of their rookie goalie prospects (all 4 of them have been stellar this year, with Pickard leading the way) until they see a bit more from them in the coming years.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

For those trading for O'Reilly, what contract are you going to give him to get him to sign with us?

Old
02-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
I don't you'll find anyone who'd take Eller over Radar. As a fan of both teams who watched pretty much all their games in recent years I can safely say without any bias that Radar is a much better player than Lars, even putting the two of them in the same sentance when talking about value is beyond ridiculous.

And his line was Avs top line last season, they were the line playing against top competition and more often than not they came out on top.
O'reilly is better sure but give Eller Hedjuk Duchene to play with top pp minutes and let's see what he does.

Eller had never been put in a position to succeed it has always been plays on the wing like a plug or play on the 3rd line like a grinder with grinders. He has shown flashes of great offensive skills and i wish Therrien would let him play with good wingers more.

Anyway i doubt the habs would trade for O'Reilly they wouldn't want to give him a huge contract.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
That really doesn't adress Avs needs. Sure Diaz wouldn't hurt, but he's pretty unproven and considering DD, Avs want to get bigger and tougher to play against, not the other way around. I also doubt they trade any of their rookie goalie prospects (all 4 of them have been stellar this year, with Pickard leading the way) until they see a bit more from them in the coming years.
Yeah I took a shot but I'm not sure too many teams would want DD in their top 6. We really need goaltending prospects and the Avs have great depth. Aittokallio and Pickard I figure they wouldn't trade but maybe Patterson or Millan could be had for something.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
O'reilly is better sure but give Eller Hedjuk Duchene to play with top pp minutes and let's see what he does.

Eller had never been put in a position to succeed it has always been plays on the wing like a plug or play on the 3rd line like a grinder with grinders. He has shown flashes of great offensive skills and i wish Therrien would let him play with good wingers more.

Anyway i doubt the habs would trade for O'Reilly they wouldn't want to give him a huge contract.
Hejduk is the shell of his former self and Duchene is so horribly missused on the PP (Joe Sacco uses him on the point for some idiotic reason) that he's almost a non-factor out there and he's been so terrible last season that he really didn't have anything to do with Radar's point totals. Radar spent most of his two first seasons playing with the likes of Tucker, McLeod, Winnik etc and he didn't see any PP time. He posted 55 points last season despite being used in a shutdown role for the first couple of months and despite playing with a rookie (albelit a great one) in Landeskog and offensive black hole in Winnik, over the hill Hejduk (who went to score 1 goal in 23 games while playing on his line) and Downie (who was great when he arrived, but busted his shoulder in the 7th game in Denver which caused a severe drop off in his play).

Old
02-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
For those trading for O'Reilly, what contract are you going to give him to get him to sign with us?
10m/15 years.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:08 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Quote:
Hejduk is the shell of his former self and Duchene is so horribly missused on the PP (Joe Sacco uses him on the point for some idiotic reason) that he's almost a non-factor out there and he's been so terrible last season that he really didn't have anything to do with Radar's point totals. Radar spent most of his two first seasons playing with the likes of Tucker, McLeod, Winnik etc and he didn't see any PP time. He posted 55 points last season despite being used in a shutdown role for the first couple of months and despite playing with a rookie (albelit a great one) in Landeskog and offensive black hole in Winnik, over the hill Hejduk (who went to score 1 goal in 23 games while playing on his line) and Downie (who was great when he arrived, but busted his shoulder in the 7th game in Denver which caused a severe drop off in his play).
It sounds like the Av's are on tough times without O'Reilly in the lineup,while Duschene has 2-7=9pts for a share of the team lead and then Mitchell C and Stastny C following him with 7 & 6pts each and Hedjuk/RW with 4pts behind 1st line PA Parenteau tied for tops with Duschene with 9 sounds like center isn't a hardship for the Avs to me.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Treb

Hey guys,

An Avs fan and I had some talks about a trade.

Would you do Weber+5th for Bordeleau and O'brien?

Give us a tougher 4th line and 6th/7th. Weber won't get past Subban and Diaz as RH PMD.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Hey guys,

Give us a tougher 4th line and 6th/7th. Weber won't get past Subban and Diaz as RH PMD.
At this point, Morgan Ellis is past him on the RD depth chart.

Like in that thread, I say yes to it.

Shane O'Brien's cap hit/salary is 2 mill for 3 seasons (or 2 after this half season)

Old
02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Hey guys,

Why wiuld tge AVs do it ?

Old
02-11-2013, 05:31 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Hey guys,

Where do I sign? O'Brien is a perfect #7 for us and Bordeleau is perfect for us as a policeman who we could sit if need be. Weber won't make any moves up the depth chart and 5th is pocket change since we have 3 2nd rounders.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Why wiuld tge AVs do it ?
Jesus, man, look at the keyboard when you type.

They'd do it because A Bordeleau is ufa B O'Brien is a 7th dman signed at 2 mill for 2 more season and number 2, or whatever number we're on now they owe us from the Roy deal.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Ubercron9000

how about
Emelin- Tough defenseman they might be looking for
Eller- Big Player who can play wings or centre for the 3rd line.

for
Ryan O'reilly?

Old
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Radar isn't big and he doesn't play big as well, he's Patrice Bergeron 2.0. Considering that offer I'm pretty sure Avs would decline it rather easily, IMHO if they were to trade him they would look for a package that would look something like this: Sbisa + Holland. Now the comparable deal from Habs POV would be Gorges + Eller for Radar plus something and I don't see Montreal trading Gorges who's the heart and soul of this team.
Done, as long as the something isn't a first or high-end prospect.

Gorges's good, but that contract will bite us in a few years... shade of Craig Rivet...

Old
02-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Dharvey33

If you want O'Reilly prepare to give Gorges in the deal that's pretty much it.

If we could send them Desharnais back too i'd do it.

Closed Thread